Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public LOST IN TATOOINE

Ort is walking in the middle of the dense desert of tatooine, after a group of assailants stole a shipment of very important technology for a contact, Ort would have to find a way to get the merchandise back or escape from that important contact without a single earned credit.
The assailants were masked and were quite large although on their shoulders they carried a strange purple triangular-shaped mark.

After several hours walking he finds in the distance what looked like a small town Great, I can buy some supplies, I think I still have a couple of credits here... - says Ort with a bitter tone.
When arriving to the city he goes to a market area to buy something to drink and eat, after incorporating a little he enters to a canteen, to ask someone if he knew something about those individuals, * waiter have you seen around here about 10 individuals dressed with masks, wrapped in a kind of brown cloak and a triangular purple sign on the shoulder?* - Ort asks.

*Sir, if I had to look at every person that passes through here, believe me I would ask for a raise, I have no idea who you are talking about * - says the waiter to Ort laughing at him.

All right, how about if I leave 200 credits here on top and if you hear anything again you tell me, I'll be around for a while - Ort said with conviction.

"The waiter took the money and didn't say anything else".

Ort took a seat at a table and started to have a drink, keeping an eye out for anyone suspicious coming through the door.

The endless deserts of Tatooine had been the birthplace of many beings of legend. It was a place of such mythic proportion and history that few could travel the galaxy without having some inkling of its importance. As if to confirm this, Onith had a great deal of interest in the planet's history, or more correctly its pre-history. This world had once been part of a galaxy-spanning empire, one which had left its fair share of artefacts and sundry.

Her purpose clear, the Sith pureblood had travelled into the depths of the sandy dunes. She was to begin on the morrow, excavations to the east where she had felt the Force were to be where she began her endeavour. But for the rest of the day, she would relax and gain her bearings and strength. She had been directed to the local tavern, furtive glances and awkward smiles making it apparent her attempts at choosing raiment that would fit in with the locals had failed.

Stepping through the sliding door, the warm humidity was a pleasant respite from the blasting heat born from unforgiving suns. Drawing back the thick headwrap that covered her face, Onith found her way to an unoccupied seat at the bar. She became painfully aware of her mistake in wardrobe, as most of the occupants appeared to have opted for thin, light clothing that breathed well, whereas her thick, dark wraps stifled her and kept moisture trapped within its layers. Her bulky and padded form seemed entirely at odds with most of the patrons and Onith cursed her lack of experience preparing for an expedition on dry worlds.

A waiter materialized while her attention was drawn elsewhere and Onith was taken aback at the sudden appearance. Holding up two fingers she spoke slowly, "Two of whatever is cheap." Her voice buzzed and modulated mechanically as the translator mask over her mouth turned her strange words into galactic basic. Pulling a blaster from the folds of her garb, she showed it a moment, finding a small gleam of pleasure in the look of fear that crossed his features. Upending the blaster, she rolled it in her hand and presented it to the man grip-first. "This should cover the cost."

For a fleeting moment, the waiter seemed ready to press the issue of actual payment, however, he seemed to think better of it and simply replied, "Of course, two drinks for the... lady." With that the man moved away at a brisk pace, leaving Onith alone to her thoughts and plans. Absent-mindedly, her red eyes danced past the other patrons as she mulled over tomorrow's course of action.

Ort Orike Ort Orike

**Los interminables desiertos de Tatooine habían sido el lugar de nacimiento de muchos seres de leyenda. Era un lugar de proporciones e historia tan míticas que pocos podían viajar por la galaxia sin tener una idea de su importancia. Como para confirmar esto, Onith tenía mucho interés en la historia del planeta, o más correctamente en su prehistoria. Este mundo había sido una vez parte de un imperio que se extendía por toda la galaxia, uno que había dejado una buena cantidad de artefactos y artículos diversos.

Con su propósito claro, el purasangre Sith había viajado a las profundidades de las dunas de arena. Debía comenzar al día siguiente, las excavaciones hacia el este, donde había sentido que la Fuerza, sería el lugar donde comenzaría su esfuerzo. Pero durante el resto del día, se relajaría y recuperaría su orientación y fuerza. La habían dirigido a la taberna local, miradas furtivas y sonrisas incómodas que hacían evidente que sus intentos de elegir ropa que encajara con los lugareños habían fallado.

Al cruzar la puerta corrediza, la cálida humedad fue un agradable respiro del calor abrasador nacido de los implacables soles. Onith retiró la gruesa venda que cubría su rostro y encontró el camino hacia un asiento desocupado en el bar. Se dio cuenta dolorosamente de su error en el guardarropa, ya que la mayoría de los ocupantes parecían haber optado por ropa fina y ligera que respiraba bien, mientras que sus abrigos gruesos y oscuros la sofocaban y mantenían la humedad atrapada dentro de sus capas. Su forma voluminosa y acolchada parecía totalmente en desacuerdo con la mayoría de los patrocinadores y Onith maldijo su falta de experiencia en la preparación de una expedición en mundos secos.

Un camarero se materializó mientras su atención se dirigía a otra parte y Onith se sorprendió por la repentina aparición. Levantando dos dedos, habló lentamente: "Dos de lo que sea barato". Su voz zumbaba y modulaba mecánicamente mientras la máscara de traductor sobre su boca convertía sus extrañas palabras en un básico galáctico. Sacando un bláster de los pliegues de su atuendo, lo mostró por un momento, encontrando un pequeño destello de placer en la mirada de miedo que cruzó su rostro. Volcando el blaster, lo hizo rodar en su mano y se lo presentó al hombre con el agarre primero. "Esto debería cubrir el costo".

Por un momento fugaz, el mesero pareció estar listo para insistir en el tema del pago real, sin embargo, pareció pensárselo mejor y simplemente respondió: "Por supuesto, dos tragos para la... señora". Dicho esto, el hombre se alejó a paso ligero, dejando a Onith sola con sus pensamientos y planes. Distraídamente, sus ojos rojos bailaron más allá de los otros clientes mientras reflexionaba sobre el curso de acción de mañana.

[USUARIO=30797]Ort Orike[/USUARIO]
After a while inside the canteen, Ort notices the stranger's warm clothes.

*I don't know how he can stand this heat in those clothes" - Ort says to himself.

After a few minutes Ort decides to approach the bar to order another drink, right next to that stranger in such unusual clothes, Bartender another drink when you can - Ort said with a friendly tone.

"Ort leaves enough credit to pay what he owed the bartender for his drink."

*Sorry, you asked about the guys I mentioned earlier, in fact I'm willing to give a reward for that information *- said Ort hesitantly.

*I don't remember talking to you about anything else besides the drinks I ordered.

- Said the bartender with a reckless tone and a pleasant expression.

"Ort at that moment completely changed his respectful tone and changed to a defiant and authoritative tone and threw the glass on the floor."

I'd better not see you outside this canteen, you'll wish you didn't have to look at that vocabulary anymore.

-Ort said menacingly to the barkeep.

"Then he puts his blaster pistol he had drawn back under the bar earlier."

Good luck making money for this nerf herder," Ort says to the stranger as he appears to walk out the bar door.

Onith Onith

Last edited:
Tatooine was as dry and hot as any other day on the desert planet. While Thalira usually preferred a cooler locale, she was making a pit stop in one of the outskirt towns after making a delivery of some less-than-legal cargo. Truth be told, she didn't even know what the cargo was, and frankly she didn't give a damn. All she cared about was getting paid. And get paid she did. It wasn't a crazy amount of money for the job, but it was enough to enjoy a nice drink or three.

Wanting to have a little celebration after a finished job, Thalira made her way to the nearest cantina, following the faint smell of alcohol and scum and villainy typically found in such a place on Tatooine. And this certain cantina had an interesting group of patrons when Thalira entered. A pair of heavily bundled up people immediately caught her eye as she approached the bar.

Thalira took a seat beside the armored and padded individual at the bar and flagged the bartender down, ordering a bottle of the strongest booze he had in stock when he had a moment to tend to her. When she received and paid for the bottle, she took a quick swig of it before placing it back down on the bar. "Hope you're staying warm enough under all those layers," She said sarcastically as she turned her head to the person beside her.

Then the other armored individual came to the bar and ordered another drink. Thalira watched the man curiously, briefly imagining what might have brought such a person to a place like Tatooine. Perhaps he was some kind of mercenary looking for a job. Her idea that this guy meant some kind of business was cemented when he suddenly threatened the bartender. Thalira silently prepared herself to run, not wanting to be in the middle of a brawl, but the man then promptly put his blaster away and walked away.

"What's his deal?" Thalira asked no one in particular.

Ort Orike Ort Orike Onith Onith

Después de un tiempo dentro de la cantina, Ort nota la ropa abrigada del extraño.
*No sé cómo puede soportar este calor con esa ropa" - se dice Ort a sí mismo.

Después de unos minutos Ort decide acercarse a la barra para pedir otra bebida, justo al lado de ese extraño con ropa tan inusual, Bartender otra bebida cuando puedas - dijo Ort con un tono amable.
"Ort deja crédito suficiente para pagar lo que le debía al cantinero por su bebida".

Perdona, preguntaste por los chicos que mencioné antes, de hecho estoy dispuesto a dar una recompensa por esa información – dijo Ort vacilante

*No recuerdo haber hablado contigo de nada más además de las bebidas que pedí.
- dijo el camarero con un tono temerario y una expresión agradable.

"Ort en ese momento cambió por completo su tono respetuoso y cambió a un tono desafiante y autoritario y arrojó el vaso al suelo".

Será mejor que no te vea fuera de esta cantina, desearás no tener que mirar más ese vocabulario.
-dijo Ort amenazante al tabernero.

"Luego vuelve a poner su pistola bláster que había desenfundado debajo de la barra antes".

Suerte haciendo dinero para este pendejo - le dice Ort al desconocido mientras parece salir por la puerta del bar.

[USUARIO=22551]Onith[/USUARIO]
Tatooine was as dry and hot as any other day on the desert planet. While Thalira usually preferred a cooler locale, she was making a pit stop in one of the outskirt towns after making a delivery of some less-than-legal cargo. Truth be told, she didn't even know what the cargo was, and frankly she didn't give a damn. All she cared about was getting paid. And get paid she did. It wasn't a crazy amount of money for the job, but it was enough to enjoy a nice drink or three.

Wanting to have a little celebration after a finished job, Thalira made her way to the nearest cantina, following the faint smell of alcohol and scum and villainy typically found in such a place on Tatooine. And this certain cantina had an interesting group of patrons when Thalira entered. A pair of heavily bundled up people immediately caught her eye as she approached the bar.

Thalira took a seat beside the armored and padded individual at the bar and flagged the bartender down, ordering a bottle of the strongest booze he had in stock when he had a moment to tend to her. When she received and paid for the bottle, she took a quick swig of it before placing it back down on the bar. "Hope you're staying warm enough under all those layers," She said sarcastically as she turned her head to the person beside her.

Then the other armored individual came to the bar and ordered another drink. Thalira watched the man curiously, briefly imagining what might have brought such a person to a place like Tatooine. Perhaps he was some kind of mercenary looking for a job. Her idea that this guy meant some kind of business was cemented when he suddenly threatened the bartender. Thalira silently prepared herself to run, not wanting to be in the middle of a brawl, but the man then promptly put his blaster away and walked away.

"What's his deal?" Thalira asked no one in particular.

Ort heard what the girl said, took a few more steps back and said * I gave this bastard 200 credits in exchange for the only thing he had to do was to ask about some guys I'm looking for* - said Ort bitterly.

Ort instantly showed regret for having put away his blaster.
* I should have shot him, but well it's my fault for thinking that there were still some professional people left on this planet, but I forgot that this is full of Shit*
- said Ort

Excuse my manners I'm not usually like that, I have a hard time controlling my anger, my name is Ort nice to meet you, I work delivering gifts to several planets you know, and what's your name? If I could know of course...
"He says as he shakes her hand”

Thalira Kiing Thalira Kiing Onith Onith

Thalira accepted Ort's handshake and flashed him a smile. "Name's Kiing. Thalira Kiing." She picks her booze back up and takes another swig before continuing, this time keeping the bottle in her hand. "Don't be too hard on the bastard," She gestures towards the bartender. "At the very least, he's able to keep a good inventory!" She chuckles as she gives her bottle a little shake. "And besides, if it wasn't for him, you wouldn't have met me." She gets up from her seat and nonchalantly throws her arm around Ort's shoulder. "No offense to the good bastard, but if you need information, you're looking at the wrong person."

Thalira unwraps her arm from Ort's shoulder and looks at him straight on. "It just so happens that I'm very good at finding information. Let me help you, and I guarantee we'll find the karks that wronged you." She motioned towards an empty table. "Come, let's sit down and you can tell me what happened. I'm sure I can help you out or my name's not Thalira Kiing!" She gives a slight chuckle as she takes another swig of her booze, walking over to one of the chairs at the table she previously motioned towards, waiting for Ort to join her.

Ort Orike Ort Orike

Even as the drinks arrived, Onith found herself caught by the remark of a stranger. Sarcasm dripping from the voice, the pureblood could only shrug, a moment later replying in kind, "Got to keep warm somehow around here." The words were strange and sounded off, reminding her that humour was not her strongest trait. Deciding to let the subject lie, the pureblood snatched up one of the shot glasses and downed the contents. The flavour was nothing impressive, acrid and overbearing; it was no doubt the product of cheap labour or an amateur... or both.

Before she could follow through with the second, the situation seemed to escalate immensely. In a flurry of motion, a gun was drawn as one of the patrons seemed to have a disagreement with the bartender. Feeling muscles tighten as her body flooded with adrenaline, her hands fell down to her side as she focused her mind to act if the need arose. She would not intervene in this unless something came to threaten her in particular, long ago learning that minding one's business was an important skill in the galaxy for personal survival.

The tension remained for a single moment as if balanced on the knife's edge of fate. However, cooler tempers prevailed in this instance as the blaster returned to its holster and the man bearing it moved to leave. Raising the second glass, she whispered, "Here's to you, still here in me." Onith took but a single sip before pouring the remaining contents on the sandy floor with a flourish. Ignorant of the strange looks aimed at her, she stood to take her leave before remembering that she had nowhere else to be. With a rather uncertain shuffle, the warrior settled into her seat, realizing that the idea of relaxing was quite foreign and uncomfortable. She needed action; or purpose at the very least. For the moment, she accepted simply listening and watching those around her. The stranger who moments ago had almost exploded in outrage was now talking with another fellow and she wondered what they could be up to.

Thalira Kiing Thalira Kiing Ort Orike Ort Orike

Ort was surprised to see Kiing drinking from the bottle quite often I have to admit that at least you have a sense of humor -Ort said with a small laugh.

After that comment he went to sit at a table alone with Kiing so that he could explain his current situation in more detail.

* You see, about seven hours ago I was assaulted in the middle of the desert about 2 hours from this city by about ten or less assailants, they were masked with masks similar to mine, they were about two meters long, they were wearing some kind of brown trench coats and on the left shoulder like a kind of triangular purple logo, the thing is that I was carrying a shipment of technology to deliver to a contact of mine and they stole everything, but I need to recover that cargo or I will run out of credit* - says Ort.

After explaining the situation to Kiing Ort looks at that strange stranger with suspicion What brings him here? - Ort thinks to himself.

Turns his gaze and returns to the conversation with Kiing.

As he talks to Kiing Ort, due to the heat of the place, he starts to take off his mask and if necessary, his face was full of scars, one of them in particular went through his left eye although it looks like I have no eye and this Gamorrean face, believe me I see beyond things Ort says with a laugh

Thalira Kiing Thalira Kiing Onith Onith

Thalira pondered Ort's words for a moment before speaking up again. "If I were to guess, I'd say these guys sound like pirates." She paused, bringing her bottle of booze to her nose to smell it. "I'll bet they have a hideout somewhere out there in the desert. A good tracker could probably find where they are, but only if you act quickly. The dune sea doesn't like to keep tracks for too long." She paused again to think for another moment. "That, or they had a ship nearby and are already halfway across the galaxy. But I guess you just have to hope it's the former."

Thalira takes another drink of her booze, the bottle now nearly empty. "Tell ya what," She speaks up again. "I have a ship docked here in town. I'll fly you out to where you were robbed, and help you find the nerf herders who stole your stuff, but you'll need to find someone else to do the actual tracking. My expertise in in flying, not digging in the ground looking for footsteps. However, my services wont come free." She looked down at the almost empty bottle of booze in her hands with a slight frown. "Buy me another bottle and I'll help you."

Onith was about to turn her attention away from the conversation, considering that she might better use her time in preparation for the next day. However, the man named Ort mentioned the attackers and the location of the ambush. Her initial thoughts largely agreed with Kiing's assessment, either local pirates or some sort of galactic-level organization. Depending on the size of the shipment, she was willing to bet that there was going to be a cache or some safehouse of sorts nearby. Whether it was to act as a base of operations or as temporary storage while they coordinated further transportation, Onith suspected that it would be the best location to catch them, ultimately.

She would not usually have been interested in involving herself in such matters, for fear of distracting herself from a given mission. However, this time Onith realized a point of interest. The aggressors may have information on the excavation sites she was interested in. She could interrogate some of the people that mugged Ort on the location and what it might contain. And if they didn't know, then there was little reason to treat them any differently than she would have anyways.

Nodding to herself, Onith stood and stepped over to the table where the two were discussing business. As Kiing finished her demand for a bottle, the Sith pureblood interjected, "You say you need a tracker? I may be able to help with that." Her metallic atonal voice took a deeper affect in an attempt at professionalism.

Did she actually have much in the way of tracking experience? No. Despite the implications in the title, a Force Hound rarely actually practised tracking in a conventional sense. However, Onith had experience with the Force, and she was willing to bet that a little experimentation on her part might render results close enough to achieve the desired goal.

Ort Orike Ort Orike Thalira Kiing Thalira Kiing

*Well, it seems you have finally spoken," said Ort cheerfully.
Ort seemed to regain some hope that he would see his supply again and be able to earn his credits.

If we manage to find them and get my supply I will be eternally grateful to you, I plan to give you each a share of the 5000 credits you offered me for delivering it- Ort said.

Ort still didn't trust the stranger very much, but it was the only thing he could do. *Well, what's your name? we still don't know your name" -He asked the stranger.

Onith Onith Thalira Kiing Thalira Kiing

Onith swayed into a chair at the table as Ort spoke of his plan to compensate them for their efforts. While she could not deny that credits were important, so she had been told many times since trying to set up here, she smiled at the simple mentality. The concept of gratitude struck her as an intriguing one, however. To owe another being was a dangerous proposition, she had seen far too many fall into the pit of owing another person for a simple matter but being dragged into something far more dangerous or complex. Of course, there was little reason to suspect anything of the sort would occur with Onith; she could hardly think of a reason or job that might need the help of a person like this. Then again, nothing was for certain in this galaxy.

At his following question, Onith nodded her head thinking to herself, "What is in a name? Some concept of knowledge of a person solely on the sound that catches their attention?" Then she replied in a placating voice, knowing her answer would be of little help to assuage any distrust. "Onith will suffice for my name." Motioning to the letter branded on her forehead, she allowed a sheepish grin to slip onto her lips. A single letter encompassed the totality of her name, perhaps that was something to be sorry for or suspicious of. In either case, she spoke the truth, for the name she bore was the one she had been given.

Her attention shifted to Thalira as she asked, "Do you have experience in ground fights? If these thieves were willing to risk a fight to get the shipment, they may be willing to put up a fight to protect it."

Ort Orike Ort Orike Thalira Kiing Thalira Kiing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom