Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Lost at Sea

Grendel was not having a good day sure it had started as a good day with the hunting of pirates and spice runners but that had quickly when out the window. It began when Grendel manged to disable a smallish pirate ship and when to make ready to broad the pirates what Grendel didn't realize was the captain was full of spite and so had blown up his own ship in an act of defiance, Grendel had only barely manged to get away from the immediately fatal blast only to have his engines destroyed and most of his ship's systems fried. Now running on emergency power and drifting through space, Grendel himself lacking the skill and the parts to repair anything worthwhile was reliant on the good will of a random stranger.

Bracing himself Grendel activated the distress signal and hoped to hell whoever answered was friend rather than foe.

|| Grendel Krayt Grendel Krayt ||

There was nothing like being out in the open space lanes, creeping along at a slow space collecting salvage. These lanes were littered with bits and pieces of vessels due to pirates in the region. Unsuspecting travelers either took on too much at once or thought they could fight back. With over two decades in the salvage business now, Judah had seen it all. Most out here didn't have the resources to haul their disabled vessel back to a civilized port. If there was any vessel left at all.

As the owner of Salacia Consolidated, he really didn't need to be out in the trenches. Scores of workers easily kept the business afloat, working quietly in the Outer Rim and Unknown Regions. Always working. Due to countless wars and conflicts there was always scrap to haul in and salvage. Broken and twisted metal kept him and others in a completely comfortable lifestyle.

Yet if he wasn't working what would he be doing? His son was grown. Wife...well, there was a story in itself. Friends? Either dead or busy with the constrains of their own lives. So here he was, working a contingent of salvage vessels, spending months at a time in the literal vastness of space.

"Sir...Mr.Dashiell..." A harried young woman approached him as he leaned over an odd piece of scrap - a droid of some kind. Must have been sucked out into the vacuum of space. "Mr.Dashiell, we're getting a signal."

"Signal? Distress or a local warlord? I'm not sure I have the patience for another false monarch."

"Distress, Sir. Should we pull closer?"

"Yes, go ahead but use caution. Could be a trap from one of the pirates out here."

Sid Lauron

S
Space, The Final Frontier
Tags: Grendel Krayt Grendel Krayt , Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell

"YeeeeeEEEEEE HAW!"

It had been a good five years since Sid had been behind the wheel of a starship. Fortunately, he seemed to still have some piloting sense in him. The mechanical Duros had recently raided a pirate vessel he had found docked on a nearby planet, claiming the bounties on their heads. After being taken in by the authorities, Sid reasoned that they wouldn't need their vessel. He wasn't one for flying very often, or driving any vehicle for that matter. The cyborg was a big believer that walking in front of the setting sun was a far more dramatic way to make an entrance. still, it was a fast way to get around, even if Sid only planed to use it one time.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"What in tarnation?" Sid muttered to himself, tapping on a blinking light on the ship's navicomputer.

A destress signal, and not one that seemed to be particularly far. Sid may have been crazy, but he had a code to uphold. So, it was off towards the the beacon. Before long, he had found the would be vessel. It was, by all accounts, in very rough shape. It was missing a wing, seemed to have blown an ion drive, and was sputtering, indicating that the ship had little fuel. The duros pulled up to the side of the vessel, waving to the large man in the cockpit before opening his coms to an open channel.

"Howdy there, stranger," the gunslinger greeted. "Yer in real rough shape, it seems. Need a ride?"

"Howdy there, stranger," the gunslinger greeted. "Yer in real rough shape, it seems. Need a ride?"

Awakening with a start from the nap he was taking Grendel took a moment to gather his bearings only to lock eyes with the pilot of the new craft that had pulled yp alongside his his derelict vessel.

"Aye I could use a hand" Grendel called over the comms "If you please"

Sid Lauron

S
Space, The Final Frontier
Tags: Grendel Krayt Grendel Krayt

"Aye I could use a hand" Grendel called over the comms "If you please"

"Figured as much," Sid replied. "Don't know many roustabouts that like to be left stranded in scrap heaps, though I guess I've seen mighty stranger 'round these parts. Let's see here..."

Sid located the still in-tact airlock before easing the vessels together. The initial contact was rough, enough that the man in the vessel would certainly feel his battered ship shake, if only ever so slightly. Before long, however, the two ships were successfully. Now, should Sid have realistically decided to help out a random stranger? No. In fact, there was every possibility that he could have easily picked up a band of pirates. Logically wasn't how Sid operated in the moment. His cybernetic implants had taken whatever he had before his injury, if there was any to begin with. Now Sid lived for thrill, and there was nothing more thrilling than picking up a stranger in the middle of space.

"Sorry bout the rough connection, partner," the Duros apologized over the coms. "You should be clear to board. Hope you packed your bags."

"Aye just need to gather my stuff from the back and I'll be right over" Grendel rumbled

Floating into the back of the wreck as it was now Grendel found a largish box and started to dump the important stuff into it, from weapons to personal effects everything else could be found else where as far as he was concerned. Opening the airlock with box under arm Grendel was met with the rush of clean air and the sweet embrace of gravity Grendel at the moment not caring that the gravity was a little light for he was just gad to have a firm footing.
Meeting him by the airlock was the cyborg that had saved him.

"Thanks for the save" Grendel said "If there's anything I can do to repay you let me know".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom