Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion Lore Templates

Looking at lore templates, I feel something obvious is missing.

Why is there no General Lore template?

Example, I want to write something about Draelvasier fascination with trophies and how it affects their culture. That's not a piece of media or a religion or an organisation, its just lore. I will admit, this may be a personal issue but its a pain in the behind to try and fit something into these strangely restrictive lore templates.

So if we could just get a basic, lore template. That'd be awesome.

Tathra Khaeus Tathra Khaeus

Hazarding a guess here, I think it's an issue with Codex being used to create IC objects. You can't just sub an OOC description of a culture; you have to have a physical medium wherein the information exists, like a book somebody wrote about it or a datacron. Otherwise, just put cultural information into the species sub itself.

Jacen Nimdok Jacen Nimdok
I understand what you're saying but, all the lore templates are just OOC descriptions of a physical medium for a piece of lore. I'm just looking to remove a hurdle as I try to use the media template and find myself having to just put N/A in so many categories.

About putting cultural information into the sub itself. In this particular case, the sub is already big enough I reckon. I see no reason to make a particular submission over-bloated with notes. I've already started just putting footnotes or additional lore in the Faction forum.

I don't think it matters if its an IC object as the Lore section itself states that the opinions or dictations in the submissions are subjective. So - does it matter if its an object or just information?

I still think it'd be a good addition, keeps such things out of articles and streamlines the lore section for better use.

I know a lot of people will put lore into the species creation by way of altering the species sub. Having that there is always something enjoyed by the codex judges. However I understand the need for a general sub that is separate so then you don't have one massive wall of text that is a species sub. When they are know to be massive subs to begin with.

Maybe adding it to the species sub in small detail would be fine and then expanding on it at a later time with a general sub would be ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom