Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lore Intrigue

Tag: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Location: Tor Valum

Kragr had almost jumped to her challenge, but when she started to tell her story, it truly captivated the man. He knew of a few who had claimed like so journeys, though it often far-fetched and just that, a story. Listening to the Jedi Master tell her tale, he could hear in her voice that there was honesty and truth to her words. However, some of the things she said, would never be something he would understand, the whole, 'I won't take a life if I can help it,' was a dangerous way of living. Giving the enemy a chance to return would just bring yourself and everyone you cared about in danger.

Nevertheless, Valery being from the Old Republic, 4000 years ago, did spark curiosity and something he would like to hear more about if he got the chance another time.

Another cheeky smirk formed on Kragr's lips, "which brought you to me". Downing the remaining content in his cup, the Mandalorian contemplated over some of the stories he would share while enjoying the burning of his throat and stomach.

Scratching his wild fiery beard for a bit, a glint of a good story to tell washed over his weathered features.

"A kid by the name of Zephyr and I were out hunting for Imperials... granted, a bit ironic given the fact that the idiot was of Imperial origin himself, but I didn't know it at the time."

"Anyways... we were out hunting Imps on Velmor, a forest planet. Now, the Imp were easily found and dealt with"
continued Kragr at first relaxed, making it rather nonchalant, facing Imperials as he waved those details dismissal afterthought, they only served as a lead-up.

Then he lean forward, placing his crossed arms on the table. "Now here's the fun part, after clearing the weak excuses for fighters, a massive plant-eating monster attacked us! It reached at least ten or so feet in height, a truly worthy fight!" Explained Kragr with fire in his eyes like he was reliving the crazy fight. It was truly a worthy beast as most of our arsenal didn't hurt it!"

"Now, that gave me a mad idea" continued Kragr with such passionate excitement that the fight was fresh and not older than the Mandalorian Union's creation. "You see, I realised, if it can't be harmed on the outside, it sure could be harmed on the inside," stated Kragr in telling his story. Moving on the edge of his seat, getting even closer to Valery's side.

"So, I grabbed a thermal detonator in each hand and charged head first into the gaping mouth of the plant beast! HA, you should have seen Zephyr's face when I disappeared inside of the beast!" Said Kragr with a burst of laughter.

"then, BOOM!" Said Kragr loudly, slapping his hands together in a loud clap, earning him quite a few annoying looks from other patrons for making unnecessary noise so late in the evening.

"I blew it up from the inside!" Crackled Kragr loudly onwards. "There was blood everywhere I tell ya, I have never cleaned my armour so much as I did after I blew up the plant beast," said Kragr finally with a short grunt of humourous thoughts, ending his story,

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance
div1.png

"Which brought you to me"

Valery visibly rolled her eyes again but made herself comfortable when it was time for him to tell a story. Judging by the way he looked after a moment of thought, she had a feeling it was going to be interesting. So she sat back, crossed one leg over the other, and slowly sipped away from her drink while she listened to the Mandalorian.

The story started the way many of her own missions were — nothing overly exciting, once you've been in as many battles as they have. But then he leaned forward and continued, and without even realizing it, she found herself leaning closer to listen. Perhaps it was the way he told the story, the excitement and memory so vivid in his mind still.

"A plant monster, hm?" she chuckled but he kept going, and now shifted to the edge of his seat. Valery lowered her glass after finishing it and moved a tiny bit closer herself to listen to the conclusion. Whether he realized it or not, he was a great storyteller, much better than Valery was. He built up tension, played around with surprise and shock, and he made sure the big moments and reveals were covered with the right level of enthusiasm.

"then, BOOM!" Said Kragr loudly, slapping his hands together in a loud clap, earning him quite a few annoying looks from other patrons for making unnecessary noise so late in the evening.

She blinked when he slapped his hands together and looked around briefly to flash apologetic smiles at the other Mandalorians, before looking back at him, "That's quite the story, and very nicely told," she chuckled and reached for the bottle to refill his glass, then her own.

"I don't usually look back at my own missions and adventures like that, but now that I think about it, many were quite exciting. I've fought giant beasts and Sithspawn in my time, powerful Sith, and just recently, I clashed with the Maw's Dark Lord. Those fights are so tense that I'm too focused in those moments to really think much of them. But in hindsight, they do get the heart pumping."

With a smirk on her face, she leaned back again and tilted her head, "On another note, are you finally ready to concede? I can do this all day." She raised the glass to her lips and kept her eyes fixed on his while she downed it again.

With a satisfied grin on his lips, Kragr sat back lifting the refilled cup downing its content in one go. A raised eyebrow at her challenge, the grin merged into a mischievous one. "Oh, I'm just getting started" Spoke the Mandalorian with conviction followed by another wild crackle of joy, refilling both their cups. By now, they were well into emptying two of the tree bottles.

Leaning forward in his seat. "You've surprised me Jedi. When first I saw you, I expected some righteous stuck-up Bantha with a stick way too far up her own ass. Granted you're an exquisite one, but it takes more than your ethereal looks to win me over" admitted Kragr bluntly, raising his glass to Valery with a smirk of mischievousness and downing another refill. By now, Valery would start to notice a small amount of intoxication in the piercing blue eyes of the giant of a man who kept his focus on her.

Sadly their pleasant conversation was interrupted by one of the other patrons who sat closest. It was a large man in light armour, though not as big as Kragr, but still taller than Valery. He had short dirty blond hair, a short stocky nose and a thin scar running from his chin to above his upper lip. He was well built from hard labour but otherwise gifted with a lean body.

Stopping by their table, he gave Valery a discontent look of disapproval of her present making clearly know that he was one of the Mandalorians who either disliked or hated Force Sensitives on principal. After sending Valery the stink eye, he leaned down, placing both hands on the table, completely ignoring Valery as he spoke to Kragr. <"Listen here, pal, me and the boys over there would appreciate it, if you took your little pest pet Jedi and pissed off, or they'll be trouble. Do we have an understanding, friend?"> Spoke the very rude Mandalorian in mando'a, probably so Valery couldn't understand him and know just how disgustingly rude he was towards her. Not only was he incredibly rude to Valery, talking about her, when she sat no more than a few feet from him.

Kragr's demeanour had changed in an instant when the stranger spoke his deeply disrespecting words. His look hardened like an icy storm as he stood up, staring absolute death at the rude stranger. Walking around the table so he stood face to face with a stranger, "Say that again di'kut. I dare you" Threatened Kragr with a dangerously low tone, daring the man to disrespect his choice of company and Valery as an extension.

The stranger's eyes looked briefly back at his friends who looked ready to jump in if a fight were to break out. He then looked down at Valery full of disgust only to feel an iron hand clasped around his throat. With a low grunt, the stranger's eyes went wide with fear, recognising the crushgaunt gauntlets clasped around his throat. "Don't look at her, look at me, friend" said Kragr, staring death into the man's eyes.

When the stranger didn't repeat himself, Kragr let go of him, watching the man run with his tail behind his legs to his friend.

"That's what I thought".

The fiery-haired Mandalorian sat back down across from Valery and poured himself a cup which he downed in an instant.

Last edited:

"Oh, I'm just getting started"

This time there was no eye roll of dismissal, but an amused chuckle that escaped her lips. She took the cup he refilled and sat back, now clearly enjoying herself after the stories and drinking. Or maybe the alcohol was finally getting to her as well — it was definitely starting to affect her, and as easy as it would be to cleanse it all from her system, she decided against it. She couldn't risk him catching on to that, and on a night like this, there was no harm in enjoying herself a little.

"You're not so bad either, Kragr. I first thought you were a numbskull, honored only because of the experience and accomplishments of a warrior. But that doesn't seem to entirely be the case," she joked with a wink before she raised her cup to take another sip. But the moment of joy was rudely interrupted by another Mandalorian, who spoke in Mando'a so she could not understand. Judging by the way he had looked at her, however, she had a pretty good idea as to what it meant.

She considered snapping back at him, but when she felt a shift in Kragr, she just watched and let things play out. The other Mandalorian looked back as if he was summoning his friends for a fight, but when he glared back at Valery, his expression very quickly changed as an armored hand gripped tightly around his throat. Confidence and disgust changed into a look of pure fear, and Valery couldn't stop herself from smirking a little.

The man shut up completely, and after being released, quickly left to return to his friends.

"A gentleman as well, it seems," She flashed a smile to show her gratitude and downed the cup he had given her in one swing, before setting it down and making the move to get up. "I think it's best I leave, though. I've caused enough of an uproar for one day, and I need to get some sleep so I can go back to training tomorrow." That was definitely going to be interesting, now that she actually felt the alcohol hit her a little.

"Let's call our little competition a draw, and we meet again tomorrow?"

Having cooled down quickly with liquid alcoholic fire, Kragr got comfortable again. "Krak em. I will not tolerate such disrespect" flashing her a genuine smile. Watching the Jedi raise and suggesting to cut their fun short, caused a sense of disappointment to wash over Kragr as it had just gotten truly enjoyable.

But, he wasn't a man who would let one late evening fun cut short, pull him down. With a raised, refiled cup, he saluted her when she got up from her seat. A wide mischievous smirk spread across Kragr's lips when he lowered his cup. "And miss the opportunity to fight with you and throw that sublime body of yours onto the ground? Not a chance Jetii. Come by my workshop tomorrow and we'll talk" spoke the Mandalorian with a taunting tease, flashing her a mischievous smile.

Kragr needed to know how well the Jedi thought without the Force before he could start training her, so a little mock-fighting between them would aid in Valery getting the best possible outcome from her time with him. On another note, he would be lying if her ethereal beauty wasn't a big draw for him to see her again, especially her captivating eyes. Her scars were mostly just a bonus in his mind as they showed her experience with life and battle.

Before Valery could leave Kragr to drink by himself, he spoke to her. "Oh and bring some armour with you". With that, he would let her leave, despite secretly not wanting her to go anywhere.

The group of disgruntled Mandalorian that wanted Valery to leave, were still sitting by their table but kept a locked glance at her, whispering among themselves, too low to hear, thanks to the now rowdy tavern, filled with joyfully drunk Mandalorians.

If Valery did nothing to spark any confrontation with the disgruntled Mandalorians and simply just left, the group of men waited a few seconds, before they all nodded to each other and then left the tavern in a hurry.

Kragr instantly noted the group leaving in a hurry and narrowed his eyes at their exit.

"And miss the opportunity to fight with you and throw that sublime body of yours onto the ground? Not a chance Jetii. Come by my workshop tomorrow and we'll talk"

The eye roll came back, albeit with a smirk plastered on her face, "I wouldn't be so confident if I were you. But..." she paused and dipped her head, clearly interested in meeting again as well, "I'll see you tomorrow at the workshop." With that, she turned around to leave and briefly exchanged glances with the other Mandalorians, who still weren't very happy with her presence. However, her departure seemed to spark some comments and grins on their side.

She shrugged them off and focused on what was ahead of her instead — more training with Shai and Kranak tomorrow, and if Kragr wanted to test her in a spar as well, she really needed to get some good rest in.

"Oh and bring some armour with you"

She caught his comment right before leaving the tavern, and it was met with some grumbling. More armor... yeah, she really loved that.

After leaving the tavern, Valery began to walk back to her temporary place of residence and tried to actually cleanse the alcohol away while she walked. She was light on her feet, a little in the zone, but with some time, she'd be able to avoid getting hit too hard in the morning. But as her walk continued, she also got the feeling that she wasn't quite alone, and while her senses usually were sharp enough to pick up on these things quickly, the alcohol interfered a bit.

"Kragr?" she asked, believing he may have followed her because he forgot something. But the second she turned around, everything went black, and she suddenly found herself on her back, dazed and with pain burning in her face. The Mandalorian from the bar stood over her, having hit her against the Temple with a powerful punch that knocked her down and kept her down for now.

She tried to roll over but she felt weak, and a kick against her stomach knocked the wind out of her as well, worsening her situation even more. She coughed and folded up, but several more kicks struck her body hard enough to draw blood from her mouth.

She was in trouble.

Watching the three men leave in a hurry, Kragr doubted they were late for work. It was clear they were up to no good after one of them attempted to pull the stunt he did. Getting up from his seat, Kragr grabbed the last bottle of Tihaar and exited the establishment. Upon exiting the tavern, the fiery-haired man felt the cool air hit his face as he looked around the area for the group of three men.

If it hadn't been for his impressive constitution, he would never have been able to have clear enough eyes to spot the group clear a corner down the street. He wasn't sure where the Jedi was, but he had a feeling that he might be needed and if nothing else, he would just be there to watch the show of Valery curve stomping the group.

It was both unfortunate and fortunate that Kragr had decided to follow and witness the assault right as Valery was knocked down with a mean right hook. Kragr made a grimace when one of the others from the group completely knocked the air out of her lungs followed by the proceeding beating the living nightlight out of her.

There had been a time, when Kragr, though he wouldn't assault without reason, he wouldn't have helped. That time was long gone and the man he was today was not about to let a group of punks get away with beating his new favourite lady like some common street rat.

The moment Valery felt the air get knocked out, was the moment that Kragr cut the distance in an instant while taking a good swig from the bottle, followed by shattering the hardened bottle in the back of the one to the left. Liquor sprayed everywhere, searing the deep gash at the back of the man's head as he cried out in pain, smashing face first into the street.

Kragr's first attack had happened so fast, that the one who knocked Valery down, only managed to look down at his friend, before feeling an earth-shattering crack to his face, breaking not only his nose but his jaw. The third man, however, had a much quicker reaction and hit Kragr square in the jaw, knocking him back a few feet.

The last remaining man of the group raised his fist, "come on, you traitorous motherkraker!". A devious smile spread across Kragr's lips, showing blood mixing with white teeth. Raising his own fist he cracked his neck two times and dodged a quick jab from the other man. Grabbing hold of the man's outstretched arm, locking him exactly where Kragr wanted him, the Fiery-haired giant then continued to pummel the last man's face in a brutal display of violence, again~ and again~ and again... until the man stopped moving and fell slack.

With heated breathing and a wild look in his eyes, Kragr looked to where Valery was and dashed to her side. Kneeling down beside her, his eyes first noticed the thin red streak of blood, muddying her hair and skin. Then there was her busted lip, though it could have looked much worse than it did. Apart from some light-skin abrasions from hitting the street and her slight disorientated eyes, she looked to be alright.

Removing his gauntlets, and placing them in his helmet, he placed one hand under her legs and the other behind her back. In one quick but calm motion, Valery was carried away from the scene. "Let's get those injuries looked at" spoke Kragr calmly as he carried her through the street and towards his own temporary resident.

Last edited:

Screaming, fighting, pain.

That's all that registered while she looked up at the sky. In an honorable fight, she wouldn't have ever feared fighting the likes of those who were getting justice served to them the hard way by Kragr, but she had let her guard down just one second, and now had to accept the consequences. Through a series of pained coughs, blood escaped her busted lips, and she could feel another warm stream running down her face.

Her ribs were hurting, suggesting they had likely broken some with the heavy kicks she had endured. But they were luckily all injuries that could heal.

"C-careful..." she muttered when she finally noticed him kneeling down in her peripheral vision. The hand underneath her back that shifted her upper body caused some pain, but it was unavoidable. There was no way she'd be walking out of here on her own, so with his assistance, she was carried away from this bloody scene.

"Let's get those injuries looked at"

She flashed a weak, bloodied smile and spit some of the red liquid away to the side, "You a doctor now as well?" she asked in a joking manner. "Not that I'm complaining..." she swallowed and briefly gained a more serious expression as she looked up, hoping to meet his eyes for just a second.

"Thank you."

Carrying Valery away, it was quite lucky that the sidestreet was as empty as it had been or law enforcement might have been called. Turning down another corner, they found themselves in what could only be described as a low-end residency as it was mostly just square-shaped grey buildings with no greenery in sight. In another word, a boring concrete neighbourhood.

Having not walked much on the new street, he heard the woman's weak voice and met her eyes with surprisingly caring eyes and a warm smile. "Try not to speak too much" spoke Kragr back with a reassuring tone, making sure not to move her too much as he walked. The Fiery-haired Mandalorian was almost unrecognizable with how attentive and soft-spoken towards her when her life was in danger, compared to no more than 15 minutes ago in the tavern.

After maybe ten or so more minutes and Valery would find herself being carried up a flight of stairs and then carried through a nondescript door as if they had just been married. Closing the door behind him with his foot, a short locking mechanism could be heard locking the door again. Depending if she looked around, if she could look around in her state, she would see a dull grey ceiling along with walls. No portraits or painting, though that was most likely because Kragr just simply couldn't be bothered to hang anything up.

The floor was of light wood, breaking away from the dull grey, giving the room she was in some colour. The room wasn't big, in fact, it wasn't much bigger than 20 by 9 square feet in size. Not the biggest apartment, but not the smallest either. It had a decent open kitchen to the left of the entrance, though the bathroom was rather cramped.

Valery was softly lowed down on a messy queen-sized bed tugged into one of the corners opposite of where the kitchen was located. On her way to being carried over to the bed, she went by a sofa placed in the middle of the apartment, facing the wall, with a holoprojector table off to the side for entertainment value.

Finally having Valery resting on something actual soft, meant that Kragr could focus on mending her wounds. Leaving Valery for a few seconds to find medical supplies to treat her's wounds and check for any internal injuries. Valery could hear her new rescuer quite a bit of curses escaping an annoyed Kragr in ruckus searching for the first aid kit.

"Sith spit..." cursed Kragr again as some pot and pans hitting the floor. To say that the place was organised, would be an understatement of the century. After a minute or two, Kragr quickly returned with a clean wet cloth and the first aid kit.

Kneeling down by her side, "Let's take a look at the head wound first" suggested the Mandalorian, having soaked the cloth in saline solution and started to gently dab on her wound right in the hairline. However, he soon kept it on the wound, putting pressure on it. Locking eyes with Valery, "Valery, I need you to hold on to the cloth for me, so I can check on your busted lip" explained Kragr firmly, but with a tone of care underneath. It was quite clear, he had done this at least a couple of times before in his life.

His request for her not to speak too much was easy enough to follow — it hurt to talk, so she remained quiet and just looked around as they passed through the streets, and finally reached the staircase leading up to what she assumed would be his place. A hospital trip may have been more responsible, but it would raise questions as to what caused all of this. And as an outsider, she preferred to not be subjected to questions, as she feared they'd be quick to turn against her.

As they moved up and entered his apartment, Valery looked around but most of the details didn't register at all. The completely unexpected blow against her head made it hard to focus, and especially light seemed to only worsen the pain she felt. Whether it was because of sensitivity or her Keshian eyes not adjusting properly would be hard to tell.

But finally, she was set down on his bed, the soft supportive structure of which felt quite nice against the sore body. She let out a soft sigh and turned her head to watch him leave and grab together his supplies. There was even a faint smirk when she heard him cuss after dropping some of his stuff, but by the time he returned, she just showed that same grateful smile from before, "I think I'll be okay with some rest, but.. ahhh." She grumbled when he pressed the cloth against her head, and let out a soft sigh when the sting faded.

"Valery, I need you to hold on to the cloth for me, so I can check on your busted lip"

"I got it," she said as she reached up and held the cloth against her head wound, "I think I can sit and the lip isn't that bad. My sides hurt a lot more," she said, hoping to make it easier for him to figure out what needed the most attention. Whether he could actually do anything about her ribs being battered remained to be seen, though.

"Don't worry about very extensive treatment. The Force will help me heal up quick as well, now that I can actually rest."

He nodded to her statement and shifted his focus to her upper body, or more specific, her ribs. With a bit of a rough touch, he moved his fingers in an almost messaging manner in order to feel if any of her ribs were broken. In a way, the sharped form-fitted Jedi outfit she wore had both a positive side and a negative side to the situation. The positive side of it meant that the layers that hugged Valery's lean-muscular body made it easy for Kragr to feel his way without much trouble.

However, the negative side of it also meant that there wasn't much wiggle run and he had to press harder than he'll like and something Valery probably also didn't appreciate.

Now, he would have been laying, if being so up close to the Jedi, didn't light a burning wildfire in his heart and spread outward with how absolutely gorgeously ethereal she appeared, despite her injuries. However, Kragr would not let his beauty let him distract him... at least not too much as he continued to feel for any broken or cracked ribs.

After finally feeling sure that nothing was broken, the fiery-haired man pulled his hands back and refocused his eyes on Valery's own striking orange eyes. A smile formed, "nothing broken, just really bruised. I guess you Jedi are hardier than you look" joked Kragr in a light manner to lighten the moon a bit.

Placing a soft hand half on Valery's and the other half on the cloth, he took over and lifted it from the wound. With another cloth, soak in an ice cold water from the tap, he started to clean away blood from the wound itself and another wide smile spread, "in some good news, your head wound is mostly superficial, though to be on the side of cautious, I think it will be better, if I bandage it" explained the Mandalorian, leaning even closer than he was before, to get a better handle and view.

With the movement of a professional, Valery, after only a few seconds had a small bandage, wrapped around her head to keep the head wound from getting worse.

And then there was the half-dried blood on the left side of her face, along with the busted lip. The dried blood wasn't really dangerous and something that only gave the captivating Jedi a sense of battle beauty to her already beautiful scared face.

Refocusing on Valery's busted lip, Kragr had another clean cloth ready to clean the wound. Yes, he had heard her statement about being able to heal much of her injuries, but frankly, he didn't trust a Force that to his mind, might as well be magic. No, better to do the important mending the good old fashion way. When he felt the wound on her lip wouldn't get infected, he wouldn't care if Valery used the Force to heal the remaining wound.

Without a warning, he placed the wet cloth gently on her busted lip, causing quite a bit of water to slither down her chin and either continue down her throat or drip from her chin. With gentle dips of the cloth, Kragr looked into the eyes of Valery and that burning fire was relit inside of Kragr in an instant.

When he pushed his fingers into her sides to check her ribs, Valery winced and bit back the pain the best she could while her posture straightened. Her fingers gripped the sheets around her tightly, and the longer he continued, the paler she began to look from the pain that could easily knock someone out. But when he finally withdrew his hands and looked into her eyes, she let out a soft sigh of relief. Loose strands of hair from her bangs were sticking to her sweat-covered face, and together with the busted lip and head injury she was still trying to apply pressure to with one hand, she looked like a mess.

"Nothing broken, just really bruised. I guess you Jedi are hardier than you look"

"Yeah... well, you know they have scanners for this in a hospital, right?" She chuckled softly but regretted it quickly as the pain in her sides flared up again.

Kragr then returned to the head injury and took over the cloth from her again while she did her best to sit still. She watched him closely and tried to relax while the blood was cleared away. "I might have a concussion from the blow, but I think it'll be alright," she added before she let him apply the bandages to keep the wound closed and free of dirt. With how many forges and factories she entered, it was probably a good idea to avoid infections.

Believing it was all covered now, Valery was about to ready herself to just lay back and rest, when he leaned in and pressed the cold and wet cloth against her busted lip. Her eyes briefly widened from surprise, but she decided against fighting it when she looked him in the eyes. He may not be a healer by profession, but he almost had that same caring look others did, and she knew better than to resist it. In fact, there was something entirely else she could see in his eyes, and she wasn't quite sure how to feel about it. With her hand, she then wiped away some of the water droplets that ran down her face and fell onto her, but it wouldn't be long until her lips were taken care of.

"Thanks, that's a lot better," she flashed a smile and ran a hand up through her hair to tuck it behind her ear and keep it away from any of her wounds. "And thank you again for helping. I never get taken by surprise like that, but maybe the drinks caught me a bit more than I thought they would..." she flashed a brief smirk but then considered something.

"Do you think you'll be in trouble if they find out you took those three down?"

Giving Valery a once over with his eyes, Kragr raised an eyebrow at the Jedi's concerning question. "Mandalorians fight, it's part of our culture, doubt anyone will think much, finding them beaten. Besides, they'll live" he flashed her a devilish grin.

"Barely"

Gathering the first aid supplies back into the kit, he pushed it closer to the side where the pillows were. With a quick flick, Valery felt Kragr's finger hit her forehead with a light tap. It wasn't enough to actually hurt her, but enough so she felt it. "That's for letting a bunch of di'kut take you by surprise. Always be ready for battle kih senaar" scolded Kragr harshly, showing a brief glimpse of the teacher she could expect.

He gave her the last examination of her face, making sure nothing was bleeding and could conclude, at least for now, that Valery appeared alright.

"But, you're welcome".

After a few seconds of just sitting there with the Jedi Master, on his bed... alone with him, a suggestive smile spread. "Do you need company?" asked Kragr not hiding the innuendo in his question at all.

"I've been told I'm great at it"

"Fair enough, I figured assault could be an exception, but it's fine," she said with a more dismissive tone. She had no real interest in trying to get the attackers punished more, not on a world with a culture she didn't understand well enough. Besides, the beating they had gotten for their cowardly attack was enough of a deterrent not to do something that stupid again. It was also a reminder to her that even now, she couldn't just let her guard down like that.

Sometimes it was best to learn the hard way.

These thoughts, however, were interrupted as she felt a finger flick against her forehead. She blinked and looked at him with surprise in her eyes for a moment. But then he explained the reason for it, and she let out a soft, slightly frustrated sigh, "I know. It's not like me to get caught by surprise like that..." She shook her head and shrugged it off — she had learned her lesson, so there was no point in dwelling on it all too much.

After a few seconds of just sitting there with the Jedi Master, on his bed... alone with him, a suggestive smile spread. "Do you need company?" asked Kragr not hiding the innuendo in his question at all.

"I've been told I'm great at it"

Valery raised her eyebrow, surprised at first considering her current condition. But then she realized what he meant, felt her eyes widen briefly, "I uh..." she cleared her throat and closed her eyes for a second, "What I need is rest and some time to recover, and I think you might want to be careful with who you make these advances on, Kragr." She raised her hand, showing the ring around her finger. Valery then lowered it again and shook her head with a slightly amused smirk on her lips.

She then moved to sit on the side of the bed and let out a soft sigh, "I should probably get going, so I can meet you tomorrow at the Forge."

The surprised look and wide eyes on Valery gave Kragr a kick of enjoyment from it and for a brief second it looked like to go in one direction, but then she went the responsible boring route. On top of that, he had suddenly her hand shoved in front of his face, brandishing a shining ring on her ring finger.

However, her show of ring had not deterred the giant Mandalorian when he notice her slightly amused smirk on her lips, causing a more silly grin to show itself on him. But nevertheless, he accepted that his advance had been stopped... for now.

Standing up to his full height, Kragr lean forward a bit and reached out his hand. "Or you could sleep here, I'll take the sofa" suggested Kragr honestly. It wasn't exactly a new attempt at getting in bed with her as it would mean, Val wouldn't have to walk home, but there was still a sense of pull at her to stay.

If Valery took his hand, he would pull her up in a quicken manner and step aside for her. Though, if by some weird chance through some kind of divine intervention Valery decided to stay and sleep in his bed, would cause Kragr to sweetly smile widely, almost bear-like happiness would appear on his face.

However, it was unlikely, and he would accept her wish to go home, leading her to the door, which he would open like a gentleman.

"Or you could sleep here, I'll take the sofa"

The grin on his face and the look in his eyes was definitely something she had picked up on, so she met it with a roll of her own eyes, but a genuine smile followed quickly, "I appreciate the offer, but it's best I get back to my own room for the night," she said, as she took his hand and pulled herself up to her feet. It was likely not what he had been hoping for, but she believed it to be for the best, and let him guide the way to the door.

When she reached it, she paused and turned around in the doorway to look at him, "I'll be at your forge tomorrow to talk, and maybe train if my body will allow it. But next time, drinks and food are on me, alright? Just as a small thank you." She smiled, and while she wasn't going to say much more about it, she appreciated the help a lot. Back at home, she had a daughter waiting for her mother to return, and if it wasn't for his help, she would have maybe never seen her little girl again.

Nothing could scare a mother more than that.

"Have a good night Kragr, and I'll see you tomorrow." She flashed a final smirk, turned around, and left to head back to her place, this time much more aware of what and who was around her.

A hopeful look and a raised eyebrow when Valery turned around to look at him as she stood in the doorway, but when she simply stated to meet at his forge, the hope disappeared. For about two seconds the disappointment was shown, but when she ended it with food and drink, her treat and a wide joyful grin appeared behind his wild fiery beard.

Watching the Jedi descend the flight of stairs and being out of earshot, his grin turned into a self-assured smirk and a chuckle. "Oh, she's going to be fun" and disappeared into his apartment to get out of his armour and get some sleep, not to mention get the alcohol out of his body.

******​

Kragr, like he always did, always woke early. In fact, he had a very impressive metabolism, causing him to rarely have bad hangovers. Walking his way to his workshop and forge around 6 am he saw rarely any people due to how early it was. With such few people, the massive forge hall his workshop was placed in, was surprisingly cool, but with how hot the forges could get, Kragr wouldn't be surprised to work up a sweat.

Now that brought his attention to another situation, then walking through the Forgemaster's Hall, was the fact that a time had never been agreed upon between him and Valery. With no time frame to look forward to, Kragr did what he does best, work on submissions and other knick-knacks he's been wanting to forge.

Starting up the forge, the roaring heat blasted alive in the centre and spread outward, covering the entire forge completely. Watching the heat wave emanating, distorting some of the metal. Kragr got to thank Shai Maji Shai Maji the next time he saw her for some of the tools and items her company had provided him when he first landed on Tor Valum to set up some temporary workshop.

Nevertheless, he took hold of a tong and with both hands, placed beskar into the forge and pulled out the tong. While waiting for the beskar to melt, he grabbed a chair and tinkered with one of his vambraces to pass the time.

Before long, he grabbed the yellow-hot beskar ingot and pulled it out of the furnace and onto an anvil and started to shape the ingot into a short blade with precise and refined hits of his hammer. Back and forth Kragr took the ingot until it slowly started to take a bit of shaping to what was ordered.

By the time that the clock hit 9 am, the heat from the forge had risen considerably, and just as Kragr predicted, he had worked up a sweat. Not feeling like sweating through his armour, made him take off the upper armour of his beskar'gam along with gauntlet and everything.

Feeling much more cooled, despite the heat, Kragr continued topless, putting his well-shaped muscles to use as he continued to work on the blade.

Last edited:

After a rather painful evening, Valery had made her way to her place and spent the rest of the night cleansing the alcohol from her blood and focusing on Curato Salva to self-heal most of the pain away. It was fairly effective, but left her drained as well, which made it easy to fall asleep not long after. Like most warriors, she woke up very early the next morning and made sure to go for a proper breakfast before she went through some meditation and personal training.

A quick shower later, and she was ready to start the next day, which would involve more time at the forge, and possibly some sparring as well. Whether she was going through with that or not remained to be seen, as it was probably a better idea to give the ribs at least another day of rest and Self-healing, but training typically excited her too much to say no to it.

"Kragr?" she asked, as she stepped into the building and looked around for him. Even at a distance, she could feel the heat from the forges, and the sound of blacksmithing echoed through the halls as well. So she figured he was working and approached carefully so that she wouldn't get in the way. Moments later, she finally spotted him, without a shirt hammering away at a blade he was trying to make. Seeing it, she blinked and raised an eyebrow, her head tilted slightly while she watched and waited for him to finish up.

She wasn't going to disturb him while he was trying to shape the heated blade.

When he finally did finish, and it seemed safe enough to approach, she stepped forward and looked from him to the blade he was making, "Early morning work?" she asked. "I get that it's hot near a forge, but don't you just burn yourself constantly like this?" she asked with a curious tilt of her head that was followed up with a smirk.

"How are you feeling after last night? Not too hungover, I hope?"

For each time the hammer was raised the muscles tensed, preparing for the flow to bring the hammer back down, moulding with each echoing beat of metal against metal. Bright flashes of fire and burning flakes of metal exploded in every direction, like stars around a sun. As Valery decided to stand and wait - watching him work, several scars were visible on his upper body.

It was a bit difficult to get a clear view, but the moment she chose to come closer, the scars came much more into view, some older than others. There were both small scars, most likely cuts, while others looked like deeper wounds that hadn't been looked at in time to save them from turning into a scar. One particular nasty collection of claw-like scars ran across Kragr's left shoulder and all the way down to just above the beginning of his stomach.

A loud "hiss" echoed the workshop as Kragr dipped the hot metal into a deep bucket of water beside him, before pulling it out again. "You could say that," said Kragr, placing the metal back on the outskirts of the furnace and turning the heat of the forge itself down to a more comfortable level. "What, worry I'll get hurt kih senaar?" he asked with a teasing smile and a raised eyebrow while leaning over the anvil with both hands planted on the surface.

He stood upright again from the anvil, still smiling at her, but waved her concern. "I have a very good metabolism. I much rather know how you're feeling, head still spinning?" he asked, walking around the anvil. For the fourth, or is it the fifth? Ended up standing intimately close to Valery, just this time topless and with a slight shine to his impressive display of muscles.

Even though she had warmed him yesterday, Valery would feel her chin being held in an almost rough domineering sense by Kragr's thumb and index as he examined her wounded features. Whether on purpose or with an underline challenge from the giant Mandalorian standing almost over a head taller than head as he looked her wounds over.

Seeing how the wound had healed nicely, a satisfied smile formed and Kragr let go of Valery's chin, leaving another smudge of sod.

Kragr started to walk backwards, before turning around and grabbing the shirt he had removed before working, hiding away his extremely well-fitted torso. Looking over to Valery, "you brought some armour with you?" he asked finally.

"You could say that," said Kragr, placing the metal back on the outskirts of the furnace and turning the heat of the forge itself down to a more comfortable level. "What, worry I'll get hurt kih senaar?"

"Stop calling me that," she said, not with a roll of her eyes, but the narrowing of her gaze this time. Whether he meant well or was being even slightly condescending was difficult for her to pick up on, but she was by no means small for a woman of her species, and she preferred not to feel as if someone was actively looking down on her.

He then asked a question, and after stepping around the anvil, moved back into her personal space the way he had done yesterday as well. She blinked, and felt his fingers connect with her chin again — this time it felt like a challenge, so with a sudden surge of speed, she grabbed his fingers, and used her strength to keep the hand away, while her head remained tilted up to look him in the eyes with a fire burning hotter than the forge beside them. "I am feeling just fine, thank you," she said before she let go of his hand and stepped back.

"Ribs are a little sore, but nothing to worry about," she added, her eyes following him as he turned around and put his shirt back on. She let out a soft sigh and dropped a backpack down, which caused the sound of metal hitting concrete to echo through the hall of the forge.

"It's the armor Shai gave me, which isn't properly fitted to me, but it'll do just fine. I won't lie though, I had hoped to avoid having to wear it again," she said with a slight smirk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom