Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lore Creation Questions

[member="sabrina"]

It depends, would the history of Coruscant involve multiple factions/groups? We are avoiding that sort of submission (multi-faction), right now, as it reaches into a whole different level of complication that extends beyond the means of the current template.

What is the sanctity of lore?

Like. I noticed the term canon is tossed around but what benefits does it pose? What specifically would be good things that a player/faction would want 'legitimized' so to speak in here? I'm just confused by the overall function of lore; is it there simply to display events or create indisputable canon?

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Hakora Cinthra"]if you are creating a species then information about them would go into their submission.

[member="Catalys Maijora"] I believe I answered this on Skype for you.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Hakora Cinthra"]

I prophecy for a species is part of their culture and would be included there. The Lore section is for event pretaining to factions for now with expansions planned in the future.

Would lore include things that happened in the Old Republic-Clone Wars era? Or just this site's timeline?

I ask because I made a master level lore figure for OJC-722 and Eddie's backstories. He fought the Sith from the last years of the Old Republic to the Clone Wars, but his genetic code was used as a template only a few years ago by a single cloning facility.

Will there be a tag system to categorize lore into various types, similar to how the Factory categorizes some things with tag titles beside the submission name, to allow for easier searching?

i.e; '[Faction]', '[Planet]', '[Personal]', etc.

This is totally not a suggestion. Totes asking a question.

@Jaster of clan Awaud

A new medicine would require a submission to Factory Technology, I do believe. If you are looking to do such a thing, you will likely need a discovery and engineering DEV thread for the medicine in question, which you should try to complete before actually submitting anything. DEV threads do not guarantee approval, but most judges will work with you to get it to that stage.

If this is a pre-existing canon medicine and you just want to write the history of it and how it effected people/places/things/events then that might be something you could submit to Codex Lore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom