Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to remove orbalisks

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
At the conclusion of this thread, Yula finds herself covered in orbalisks that she doesn't want. Is anyone (preferably someone skilled in Force-lightning or otherwise someone equipped with EMPs) game to remove the orbalisks?

Background OOC information: she collected the orbalisks for a Factory sub that does not involve orbalisk-based armor.

[member="Lynn Nantaris"] Not if the other person removing them has mad skills.

[member="Yula Knezevic"] If I help remove the Orbalisks, will I be able to have some of them for personal use?

pubic-lice-treatment-pack.jpg

Klesta

[member="Suravi Teigra"] Hence this LFG: Yula is now in critical condition IC... and once these orbalisks are removed, she will be in a bacta tank or something.

Remember: Electric Judgment, Force-lightning or EMPs will get the job done (if I didn't misread the canon methods for removing orbalisks off one's body)

[member="Suravi Teigra"]

Ya i was going with the attaching. It effected Bane in a great way and if I remember right it was killing him. So I think an apprentice, a very skilled one, would only survive maybe a few hours.

[member="Yula Knezevic"]

Just using Force Lightning or EJ or any electrical attack would be even worse for your health. They burrow deeper into your body when exposed to a current. If they take too much electricity they die and then release a toxin that literally melts your cells. That was why Bane needed them removed, a few died when he was subjected to his own Force Lightning attack.

You have to shock them at one specific spot on their shell with a thin electrically charged rod to stun them enough for their hold on your body to break temporarily

[member="Yula Knezevic"]

There are cybernetics that negate the poison the Orbalisks inject when they die. It will make you immune along with a crap ton of other stuff. IF you get the cybernetics and remove the orbalisks you will be fine.

Orbalisks could be removed from the host, but the task was both challenging and could potentially kill the host. The host had to be in very good health in order to even attempt it. The first crucial step to remove a living orbalisk was to send an electric jolt—powerful enough to stun the orbalisk but not harm its host—through its small underbelly, resulting in the orbalisk weakening the adhesive it used to bind itself onto the host. After the orbalisks were removed, they could be disposed of by electrocution. For a period of 10 years, Bane wore orbalisks that had attached themselves to him as living armor. In 990 BBY, Caleb removed many of the orbalisks covering Bane's body with such a method after many of the parasites were killed by the Sith Lord's own Force lightning in a duel against five Jedi.

Aya Clarke

Lady Clarke, Saint of the Crimson Eagle
[member="Lynn Nantaris"]

I believe Bane was able to 'tame', for lack of a better term, the orbalisks by feeding them his dark energies.

I would assume a fairly strong/skilled apprentice with great darkness in them could survive long enough to receive treatment.

Klesta

[member="Lynn Nantaris"] I'd be willing to roll with Yula undergoing removal a few short hours after she even left Malachor in the first place. But that's why she would be in a critical IC condition.

[member="Darth Manah"] [member="Taeli Raaf"] OK, I've misread those things. Just that using a thin electrically charged rod aimed at a specific spot on the underbelly will be the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom