Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to Dev Thread for NPC

Hi guys:

Two things really. I have this NPC that I'm trying to develop for the sake of having a master/ father figure for me (Zannah) and her sister [member="Bronwyn Pehluos"]. So, in that light, I'm looking for any Sith that are willing to help me develop him... and sort of explain to me how the whole developmental process works, because —this being my first dev thread— I'm not really sure what to do or what to expect, especially since it's an NPC I'm developing.

Reply here or PM if you're interested.

Lord Tarantula

An Arachnid, not a Cephalopod
[member="Zannah Pehluos-Quel"]

NPC masters are kind of... hard. A lot of people take a look at it and say stuff about powergaming if the NPC is actually a Sith Lord. You'll either be stuck doing a kind of long-ish dev process, or it'll get denied.

Parental figures are good, though, and you don't really need to dev them.

Lord Tarantula

An Arachnid, not a Cephalopod

Oh, if he's dead, then nobody will give a damn. The direct training part is the problem, 'cos when the NPC codex first started, you had NPCs making god-like holocrons of themselves.

I think you're okay.

Bradok

The best Force using smuggler in the Galaxy.
The friend that actually turned me on to this site and I were actually just talking about this for an NPC I am going to develop as well at one point. From hat I understand it really is all in the details. The more thought, time, and dedication you put into the NPC and Development thread, then the easier it is to get them approved.

For training with a Master NPC I would suggest doing flashback threads, as I was advised to do, and build from there. After you and your NPC master have some actual IC history built then I would move on to the actual Dev threads and bringing him into the public light. If you have a lot of detail and history into the character prior to attempting to train with him in the present, then you are far more likely to get approved. At least that is how I see it.

Also, as a side note, always aim higher than the requirement of posts. If it's 25 then go for 50, however; if you find yourself just posting filler to get your post count up then drop it. Quality RP always trumps Quantity.

Vanir

Lightning-Struck Angel

Well, I can see this alt having trained with a Sith Lord before running off to Wild Space, especially if said Lord is already dead.

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

Currently, he'd be dead. We're talking maybe seven to eight years back. The main reason I think that I have to go about the whole dev process is due to the fact that my character and Bronwyn will come out of it with a couple of force abilities that may be considered uncommon (not master of course, but knowledge nonetheless)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom