Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for: Qoutes and anectodtes on the many Republics

Kylie Talor

K
Crowdsourcing yet another book!

Questions as follows

• What Republics were you a part of? IE name; pre darkharvest; pre Netherworld etc.
  • What was their hayday like?
  • What was the decline like?
  • What were the issues that caused that decline?
  • What is the legacy if any they left behind?
  • Any events you want summarize with a link to their threads if ya can. If not just summarize

Answer all the questions, and from an IC perspective if you please!

Thanks!

Kylie, the Bard Jedi

[member="Kylie Talor"]

Voph has a wonderful handful of things to say about the republic, only problem being this is the Republic circa 3630 BBY. But, if you're interested, I'd still be happy to lend his input.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Kylie Talor said:
What Republics were you a part of? IE name; pre darkharvest; pre Netherworld etc.
"I was a member of the Jedi Service Corps of the Jedi Order of Tython during the first year of reign of The Galactic Republic. Grandmasters Teferi Effret and Ben Watts were my idols. I served the Order and Republic with distinction and, as always, alongside my future husband." - Karen Roberts of Denon

Kylie Talor said:
What was their hayday like?
"The Republic was galactic civilizations natural answer to The Great Darkness. We recovered and we rebuilt. But mostly, we regrouped. And enjoyed the good company." - Karen Roberts of Denon

Kylie Talor said:
What was the decline like?
"The decline was like a Senator jumping from the Senate building and falling to his death. A natural phenomenon of mixing people and gravity." - Karen Roberts of Denon

Kylie Talor said:
What is the legacy if any they left behind?
"Beware nostalgia, I say. For the legacy of the Republic is like the parable of a golden city. One that we should all be too happy to leave behind." - Karen Roberts of Denon

I dug up a bunch of content from my old Republic Commando character, who sadly passed away with the Alliance on Velga after a long, storied history.

I had him just almost as long as my other character, [member="Preliat Mantis"].

Anyways, this is a collection of quotes from Kaiden from this thread:

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/112794-the-art-of-war-professor-fenni-open-to-public/

"The Republic was meant to be the ultimate symbol, the alliance, a coalition that existed since about when hyperspace was invented. For twenty millenia, the Republic stood by cooperation and a shared, vested interest in stability, economic growth, and protection."

"And within ten years, due to pressures from the Sith and their machinations for power, it all came tumbling down. Jedi turned, Jedi died- and thousands upon thousands of soldiers died. I can tell you a number, but it's an arbitary word for you to hear a thousand. Or two thousand. It's another thing to see a city on fire. A world burning. Entire planets devastated, never to recover- from one fight."

The worlds they burned, they conquered- existed in a state of total terror. And do you know what happened to the One Sith? The same thing that'll happen to the First Order, or whatever alliance they come up next."

"There was a time when the Republic was beating the Sith so badly that the Sith cut and run from almost every engagement we had. The Mandalorians cut in on the action too, but that's an entire different topic."

Sadly, he passed away and could not be here to comment directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom