Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for everything or anything

So I recently made Kren. I wanted to explore a non-force sensitive but realized I also wanted to explore the species I made more. So I compromised with myself and made him both. If you want to skip to what I'm looking for and not read about his story, look for the big orange LOOKING FOR below.

Kren's species has a very specific relationship with the force. They developed a long time ago a type of force sensitive organ that is actually force sensitive, which in turn grants them powers. They did it by originally making it externally and inserting it, but then figured out how to engineer it into future generations. A culture developed around it, so they basically consider it their soul. Almost all Vran believe anything without a Vo, is just an animal. But they know better then to say that out loud around them. And they perhaps have a higher respect of animals in general, but that doesn't negate that it means killing someone who doesn't have a Vo isn't really seen as nearly as big of a crime as killing one who does. Force sensitives in this race serve as leaders, because they're the only ones who can use the Vo properly (since everyone else does it by moving the organ, not by a true connection to the force).

Kren does not have a true connection to the force. He is basically a common Shi which is the most common race within the Vran (the Ven are more rare, and can shapeshift, the Vo ni which are anyone who becomes force sensitive, are even more so, but also hold considerable political, military, and force powers). however Kren has an extreme desire to get his Vo connected to the one that was made a very long time ago for the planet, which has been added on by many Vo Ni's organs ever since (whenever they die, he wants his to be connected to it just like theirs).

He was trained as a soldier, which he grew extremely good at. And is one of the most elite individuals. Although he would have trouble fighting a group of the Zhorngi, that is an elite group of the shapeshifter part of the race I mentioned.

Although Kren can do some select things with the force. It's literally just: Enhancing his body, and a simple/limited form of telekinesis. It's just that he's very good at it. And very good at fighting. Also, like many Vran, he's a very good doctor and knows a lot about living science...and almost nothing about any technological science that most others use except that of medical related things.

Because he's not a Vo ni, he's still not considered allowed to have his Vo attached to the planet's. So he's leaving it so he can grow even stronger, and possible prove himself. If it is the planet's will that this be so.

Some other important notes:
Slavery is considered fine to them as long as the slave doesn't have a Vo. As a result, people who have committed terrible offenses (serial killers, torturing children, stuff like that) will have their Vo removed and be put into slavery. Basically, they get reduced to the respect of an animal. And while there are some laws about what can be done with slaves, they aren't exactly extensive.

Racism against outer races is common even though they could surgically implant a Vo into one. They just don't.

Their planet is known basically for three things, if anyone hears about it at all (since they're not super known in the first place): Melee combatants being very skilled, medics, and that the Vo Ni are powerful force sensitives. Now if someone went to the world they'd probably also know about the dragons, but mostly nobody messes with those because they're dangerous and an outsider killing one wouldn't go over well.

HIs plans, of course, an IC thought. And if I'm honest it's unlikely this will occur, if it does that'd be interesting but I doubt it. There's a lot of possibilities on what could actually happen. Some may interfere some may not. But at the moment:

Looking for:
Pilots/crew/team: Hey, while he might be able to get passage off his planet without any player character help. And I could make an NPC character if I really had to, it's way more fun to have it be real people. Kren really probably doesn't have a ship. He would have some money so he could pay someone to take him off world which could also be a thread. But he'll either need to find a faction or something that'll give him a ship, and where he can get a droid that can pilot, or he'll need some character or characters. Whether it's intended long term or more just that they'll take him off planet for pay or helping them in a job, it works.

Relationships/friends: Kind of want to see how it'll work for him. Friends or romantic relationships both/either. Though it will be hard to get him to put aside his bias about someone not having a Vo (though I guess, if he liked them enough, he could probably end up giving them one himself he'd have to like them a lot because he'd probably be severely frowned upon for revealing they can do that if not outright shunned away). But either way I want to explore him making a legitimate relationship with someone and growing it/them.

Faction: If the relationship or crew thing works out well enough this may not be important. I do want the relationship/friend thing to happen regardless of if I can get a team or a faction. It's just that it's more directly correlated to team then it does to faction. If he joined a faction, it'd probably be as essentially a mercenary. He is after-all a fantastic warrior and his Vo does let him stand up to a lot of force sensitives even. Disadvantages are that: Do not expect him to do much sniping or any kind of super-fancy firearm work. He knows how they function, but he specializes in melee. And he's not likely to be super good at ship flying at least for awhile. Even though he definitely has the reaction times for it, he has never flown a ship in his life.

Enemies: Hey if you don't like Vran'Ti cause you found out they have slaves and end up in a fight with him. Or don't like that he can use the force, but isn't force sensitive exactly. Feel free to hate the heck out of him and attack him. He's liable only to attack in turn if he's being hired for it, believes it's the will of Vran'Ti or one of his superiors, believes it's right to do so, or has been attacked.

Seela Khaan

S
This sounds super interesting. This character is all about learning about different Force cultures so I'd be down for something :D

Seela Khaan Cool! Well how would you like to have that done? Cause at the moment, unless I have him somehow find a way off world, he's on Vran'ti. If you go to Vran'ti you'd either want to read the planet and species submissions, or I could try and summarize (not that a summary isn't going to be long). Though I guess it could be shortened depending on where you went.

Seela Khaan

S
Seela Khaan Cool! Well how would you like to have that done? Cause at the moment, unless I have him somehow find a way off world, he's on Vran'ti. If you go to Vran'ti you'd either want to read the planet and species submissions, or I could try and summarize (not that a summary isn't going to be long). Though I guess it could be shortened depending on where you went.

Could you PM me a summary? The formatting got all messed up on the new site and uh... yeah, its a tad difficult to read

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom