Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For Crew

Hey, people of Chaos. Kind of dropped off the site for awhile. Not exactly enough to be a LOA, as I'm just waiting on some things to push through. I was thinking about officially starting this character. I'd prefer joining up with a crew - criminal or privateer - but nothing official, military, or government-made, so to speak. I'll be active in any threads, but this is one of those "strong, silent type" of characters that eventually start to rub off on you. Her entire future isn't planned in any such way, and is free flowing. She can't become a force user, but she may become indoctrinated into the Sith or Jedi teachings. She has to sway and refuses to fall in line to any one military or government, but she may end up supporting one or another. Whatever morals there are, Quayan makes her own morals, not what society or the universe dictates as true or right. In other words, she's a stick in the mud, but surprisingly easy to get along with. Are there any takers? Bio is open, meaning, she doesn't hide her information from people. We can even do little interview threads and such

Hey, people of Chaos. Kind of dropped off the site for awhile. Not exactly enough to be a LOA, as I'm just waiting on some things to push through. I was thinking about officially starting this character. I'd prefer joining up with a crew - criminal or privateer - but nothing official, military, or government-made, so to speak. I'll be active in any threads, but this is one of those "strong, silent type" of characters that eventually start to rub off on you. Her entire future isn't planned in any such way, and is free flowing. She can't become a force user, but she may become indoctrinated into the Sith or Jedi teachings. She has to sway and refuses to fall in line to any one military or government, but she may end up supporting one or another. Whatever morals there are, Quayan makes her own morals, not what society or the universe dictates as true or right. In other words, she's a stick in the mud, but surprisingly easy to get along with. Are there any takers? Bio is open, meaning, she doesn't hide her information from people. We can even do little interview threads and such
If she can fight, and take orders... I wouldn't mind her riding shotgun. Iella very much expects to be a solo Bounty Hunter, but it couldn't hurt to have an extra hand on deck. To that end she's also highly cybernetically inclined; to that end, I can see her finding Bao's profile and shooting her an encrypted message to meet up for a job offer.

I'm joining my second character with the Outer Rim Pirates. they are looking for crews-

Please forgive me, but I'm going to pass on this one.

Alliser Roche is a good man! Runs a pirate crew and is part of the exchange.

If Alliser Roche might take up this character, we could see about doing something. Bao can have more than one job.

If she can fight, and take orders... I wouldn't mind her riding shotgun. Iella very much expects to be a solo Bounty Hunter, but it couldn't hurt to have an extra hand on deck. To that end she's also highly cybernetically inclined; to that end, I can see her finding Bao's profile and shooting her an encrypted message to meet up for a job offer.

So far completely accepted this one, but I'm not exclusive or anything.

Alliser Roche

A
Bao Quayan Bao Quayan

Roche would not be against hiring your character. He's going to be in need of mercenaries in the near-future for some "wetworks" - if you catch my meaning.

That said, I see you're forming up a group and I understand if you wouldn't want to be part of the actual crew. In that case, you can always just be on-call for my character as with the others if they're interested. A job here, a job there, the typical mercenary work.

We can even do little interview threads and such

The Camilla has an on-board killhouse training facility if you'd like to have Bao come aboard, run through it, and make an impression. Just let me know.

Bao Quayan Bao Quayan

Roche would not be against hiring your character. He's going to be in need of mercenaries in the near-future for some "wetworks" - if you catch my meaning.

That said, I see you're forming up a group and I understand if you wouldn't want to be part of the actual crew. In that case, you can always just be on-call for my character as with the others if they're interested. A job here, a job there, the typical mercenary work.

The Camilla has an on-board killhouse training facility if you'd like to have Bao come aboard, run through it, and make an impression. Just let me know.

Yes, Bao is taking up a part-time job with Iella, but like I said; Bao isn't exclusive. The good part about not having loyalty anywhere is she doesn't actually "join" anything, but she can be hired to anyone she chooses. She can pop inbetween jobs, it just might take her a minute to get from one job to the other, since she's basically a bottom feeder (Not even a wristcomm can be afforded).

Aside from that, what exactly are you trying to set up here? That's a super huge vessel for a little crew. Is this meant as a base of operations or actively used? Bao is against showing off, it's disingenuous and dishonorable, in her opinion. But if you require such a thing to be done, she'd partially do it. She isn't interested in working for free, so the potential of being rejected after having already done this entire course is not something she'll do. But she'll do.... something, to show her skills. Duels, forgework, something small/short. She's not here for internship.

Alliser Roche

A
Aside from that, what exactly are you trying to set up here?

The planned arc is to start from "humble" roots, at least as humble as you can get with a retrofitted star destroyer, and expand into a larger fleet through boarding, salvage missions, and the joining of other privateers while all the while preying on some more dangerous (and wealthy) targets that pass through the outer rim. What comes after that depends on the situation in the galaxy I'd suppose, but Roche does have an ultimate plan that he will be putting into motion should it come to pass.

That's a super huge vessel for a little crew. Is this meant as a base of operations or actively used?

Good question, and the answer is both. The Camilla is, indeed, quite large and being an independent privateer the amount of crew fluctuates but its nowhere near the "intended" full crew size. It is, as of now, at about only a little above a third of its maximum crew roster. With slave-circuits its capable of combat, and the crew aboard means that most sections of the ship are manned - to a degree. So for the moment, it can accomplish both tasks in a somewhat reduced capacity. The foremost priority once the ship lands in Freehold is the gaining of more crew to fill that lacking which is where the need for some mercenaries comes into play, not for crew, but for a certain job to be seen.

But she'll do.... something, to show her skills. Duels, forgework, something small/short. She's not here for internship.

To be honest, if Bao has a literal portfolio (as weird as it sounds) or can submit news-reelings of her trade; that would work just as well. Roche isn't a man for liking arrogance, at least in the true sense, and the purpose of having her go through a killhouse is just for him to see if she's up to snuff for his pay. If she can accomplish that by sending forward certified past achievements, all the same. Feel free to hit me up on discord: Wayward #5547, if you want to talk about an interview more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom