Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For A Military Tactician

Theophenes

Stark raving silly
History nut. My specialty is ancient warfare, but we're in a universe where swordsman are still elite troops, so my thoughts there might actually help some.

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

As someone with a great interest in military affairs and a degree in history I'd be happy to help you out. Gods know, I've been trying to get this board to be a little more warlike and large scale with its invasions.
So hit me up sometime on Skype or PM.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"], @[member="Qae Shena"]

Not wanting to intrude in someone else's thread, but I could use some tips and guidance as well (probably should have asked a lot earlier, but nonetheless).

@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Again, i am a big time military history buff, spend alot of time researching old wars, tactics, and other such related things. Also have experience in military rotc classes for Army and AF. Plus im a massive fan of star wars ships and planets, so their territory and tactics in space are easy for me. So if you ever have any questions just add me on skype at David_Tharkosa.

@Theophenes @Tegaea Alcori @[member="Adenn"]

Looking for any help possible. I should throw in that I'm actually after strategy not tactics, thanks to Sarge for clearing that up with me :x

Admiral Heinous

A
I recommend @[member="Tegaea Alcori"] to help you since he actually has a degree in history. Or something close.

I can tell you how to adapt tactical and strategic stuff in role-play, though.

@[member="Matho Healb"]
Matho Healb said:
It's all about controlling your battlespace and taking out enemy ships before they can detect you. Which is why submarines and stealth aircraft are as important to a naval battle as the ship itself.
You might like what i'm cooking up ;).

But yeah in essence, best bet is to read a book like art of war by sun tzu.

I'll give you a good quote for starters:
The best warfare strategy is to attack the enemy's plans, next is to attack alliances, next is to attack the army, and the worst is to attack a walled city

http://www.sonshi.com/sun3.html - There has been many re-writes to his work, often you end up now with books that contain his quotes and then other generals or leaders that quote his quotes and interpret them :D.

I know my tactics but I tend to make characters that just say to heck with them at times to play the hero, the force gives you the opportunity to build around concepts that otherwise might not work out quite as well in real life ;). Creative freedom and all that jazz. I also like the tension being on the losing side gives you, the dramatic build ups that you get when you break through or turn a desperate situation around. Also the losses and coping with them, overcoming them and letting them make your characters stronger, kinda like real life.

If you ever want a hand, just holla, written more than a few sieges, more than a few fire fights, and just the occasional battle or hundred :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom