Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a home

Geel Zlta

We don’t have to win, we only have to fight
I am under no illusions I can craft a story arc for Geel without the support of a Faction. Too many stories never get finished and key elements of development end up being left to solo threads or become part of an assumed back-story.

At least in my limited experience.

So, I’m looking for a place for Geel to develop his powers. He’s hard to pigeon-hole – but here is what I know he’d gravitate towards:

1. A master – I know that a willing master would be a huge attraction for a character that walked out on the Jedi Order and who, therefore, has so much more to learn

2. Not dark-side – like all naïve young padawans, he doesn’t realise his path is leading him down that way (possibly) but his principles would not allow him to openly embrace dark-siders

3. The end justifies the means – he’s not going to be ‘hampered’ by some moral code that gets in the way of getting the job done (which for him means the eradication of oppressive regimes and dark-siders

4. Legal is a matter of opinion – he’s not going to worry about breaking a few laws in the pursuit of his goals, so smuggling would be fine if it served a purpose

5. Freedom – he’s not fussed about being part of something bigger, at least not in a very formal and organised way. Very loose guidelines are OK, a rigid structure or chain of command is not

If I don’t respond straight away, it’s not that I’m disinterested, it’ll mean I haven’t logged in and seen the comments – given I may not get a chance until after the week-end.

tumblr_n8j5nwXKqX1skl1u9o1_500.gif

[member="Geel Zlta"]

2. Not dark-side – like all naïve young padawans, he doesn’t realise his path is leading him down that way (possibly) but his principles would not allow him to openly embrace dark-siders

Have you considered the Confederacy of Independent Systems? We're not light or dark side - we're all the sides! Including NFU's!

3. The end justifies the means – he’s not going to be ‘hampered’ by some moral code that gets in the way of getting the job done (which for him means the eradication of oppressive regimes and dark-siders
4. Legal is a matter of opinion – he’s not going to worry about breaking a few laws in the pursuit of his goals, so smuggling would be fine if it served a purpose

The CIS also has a dedicated Smuggler group called the Black Bah'lir! They're getting their base next month and have a few active threads up! As for codes - don't worry. We make our own. As long as you don't own slaves, you will most likely be fine. Just don't touch the drinking water, my character has a tendency to contaminate them with heavy laxatives.

5. Freedom – he’s not fussed about being part of something bigger, at least not in a very formal and organised way. Very loose guidelines are OK, a rigid structure or chain of command is not
CIS! CIS! CIS! We have a bunch of groups in the CIS. There is a big overlord, but most characters do what they want. myself, for example - I'm not in any of the groups.

Geel Zlta

[member="Scherezade deWinter"] and [member="Minerva Vessia"]

When you say..."We're not light or dark side - we're all the sides! Including NFU's!" - does that mean you have DS in the Faction? I ask, as that wouldn't really work, Geel would want to kill them all.

[member="Geel Zlta"] Him wanting to kill them all will not keep him from being part of it :) Seriously, I almost killed the faction's leader in my first month because he was a filthy mando. And I would've succeeded too if those bothersome kids hadn't meddled. And he's not a Mando anymore.

Geel Zlta

[member="Noah Corek"]

I'm intrigued - tell me more (but once will do!) :)

[member="Minerva Vessia"] and [member="Scherezade deWinter"]

It's not a no, and it's not a yes. It could work, given I'd be free to kill any DS scum :)

Here is one angle about CIS. We’re IC friends with the Silver Jedi as well as the New Republic. Far as I know we’re not enemies with the Rebellion. You can be part of more than one faction. You could be part of the CIS as well as the Rebellion.

[member="Geel Zlta"]

[member="Geel Zlta"]

Curious question, you say you would kill the dark siders... would you also kill Sith? Serious question, because I'm curious what would make you kill a Dark Sider or Sith. Is it just because of the title?

Geel Zlta

[member="Vi Grir"]

Long story as short as I can make it...

There is nothing in the Jedi Code about the Sith, or even dark siders. But many light siders see them as the 'enemy' and feel the Code is too restrictive in ways and means to eradicate them. Count Geel in this group.

In his eyes, the Sith (and all dark siders) are evil. Anyone who uses anger and hatred to draw on the Force is someone to be eradicated. And he's more than happy to transgress any Jedi 'rules' to do it. Hence, he does not see himself as a Jedi - merely a light-sider that will take the fight to the Sith etc. rather than be a passive peacemaker.

So, nothing to do with title - 100% due to their modus operandi. Might he morph into what he currently despises over time? It's possible he one day uses the dark side to kill Sith - but like every light-sider before him, he'll believe he can control it!

:) :) :)

[member="Geel Zlta"]

Well, I don't want to say Sith are good. Oh no. The vast majority of them are cruel, hateful, murderous savages. But if you took just a minute to look at the origins of the Sith, maybe... maybe not evil, maybe not black and white. It was magic, it was the good power, for the Sith. Kind of ended up corrupting though.

Maybe... you could not kill Vir? She is taught in the ways of the Sith, because she was a Sith slave. Mainly used as a power source.

Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.
Darth Zannah
We could argue all day about the meaning of the dark side or the Sith, we could argue the dark side is about empowering and strengthening oneself rather than just being evil. But none of that matters, what matters is how your character feels.

I also don't know a whole lot about the Sith/Dark Side and I won't claim to. Fits the characters cluelessness and doesn't have any ooc knowledge get mixed.

Now, I'm not offering a roleplay where Vi teaches Geel that the Sith weren't all bad, she was a slave haha. And she's not here to teach the dark side, she barely understands it.

But Vi is a nutter, if you understand; she is psychotic. Mentally broken. She doesn't understand the concept of good and evil. She does worship the old Sith, and sees ancient artifacts needing to be kept clean and maintained (she wants to open something of a library), but that's because she's damaged, and it's more than just her mind and body. Vi doesn't use anger or hatred, though, she uses raw emotions like excitement and sadness. When she goes batshite, though, her anger does show itself.

What I do offer, however, is a great story about morals, epic discoveries, exciting encounters, and learning history - together.

What do you think? Or would Geel go straight to murder as soon as he sensed her?

[member="Geel Zlta"]

A little late to the party, I've been sick this weekend's my excuse, but have you considered the Silver Jedi Order?

We're a LS faction who have well more than our fair share of grey jedi (I think most Jedi on Chaos fall into that category one way or the other).

I'll go through your points to see why I think you would fit and leave the choice to you :D

1) Master: We have a lot of different Masters, and different styles of masters. From [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] and his Dragon School which is a very structured journey based around missions with the master and other Padawans up to your knights trials to a one on one mastership to a looser learn from whoever you want thing, we have the writers and the supports for you to tell whatever story you want to.

2) Dark-side: Well I said we're a LS faction made up of light and grey. We do have reformed dark siders, and are happy to work with them (like our friends in the CiS) but I don't think he'd run into any problems within the faction.

3) The ends justify the means: We have a few people who play like that, and we're happy to incorporate that into the faction storylines. As long as you don't go killing off a village of innocents that is :p Like any faction, and any storyline actions have consequences, but none of those are forced on you, but rather we try to work with our members to tell an ever expanding story that can get really interesting.

4) Legal: We don't have a smuggling group, but we have plenty of explorers, people happy to go blockade running etc so again it's your story to tell, we're just here to help you out and help weave it into a larger narrative. :)

5) Freedom: Well as far as structure goes we have a Grandmaster, and we have an assembly that rarely ever meets. We tend not to rely too heavily on a strict structure but rather let the situation develop how it needs to organically. Unless we're going to war, which you have no obligation to participate in, and even then you're free to find your own stories to tell within the wider conflict (and there have been some amazing ones like a character sacrificing himself to stop a falling star destroyer allowing an evacuation) .

We're one of the most active factions and generally have a variety of faction threads going at once, either staff driven or member-driven, spread between Dominions and story threads. Plus it's always easy to find people to thread with. I'm really glad I joined.

If you're interested and want to know more shoot me, or any other admin, a PM or hit me up on Discord. :D Or come by and check us out here.

Good Luck finding a faction to join :D

Sebastian Thel

S
[member="Geel Zlta"] Up for some adventure and friendship building with a tech nerd?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice the "looking for faction" tag until I posted. Feel free to ignore this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom