Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longbeards and Pointy Ears [Omegas, Eldorai and Khazund Meet]

Ghorumgash Khazund-Veranum

Runewarrior of the Clan Veranum (Chaotic Good)
@[member="Lavina Taldir"] @[member="Kaida Taldir"]
FONDOR OMEGA TOWERS
Clank-clank-clank

Went the dwarf down the hallway

Clank-clank-clank

His axe got stuck in the doorway.
But then he turned it diagonally and he was alright, moving further down in his full armor, a grin on his face as he tossed a chip of credits up and down in his palm
" 'inally, getting paid!"
He called out delightfully as he moved past the groups of Omega operatives and workers, just getting his pay as a mercenary.
Clad in heavy runic armor that clanked with each step, collection of axes of all shapes and sizes hang on his body, dominantly one war axe, double-bladed, as broad as he, resting holstered on his back

He moved on down further, not really watching where he was going, more focused on the credit chip than looking ahead, who knows who he could knock into, a human, a Wookiee, or perhaps even worse... an Eldorai!

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
It just so happened that one Eldorai was in the Omega Tower. Princess Anya Venari, Crown Princess of Kaeshana and aide to Tegaea Alcori, was in the corridors on legitimate business.
Ten years of exile and all the fun of dealing with the Protectorate’s rise had made her quite a tolerant figure for her kind.

And then one of the dwarves appeared in front of her. She stepped aside as the mobile lumberjack company sauntered past.
She raised a delicate eyebrow as he passed but made no comment. She rather hoped that he didn’t happen to bump into @[member="Kaida Taldir"] or her sister Lavina. It would be a rather short confrontation…bad pun intended!
@[member="Ghorumgash Khazund-Veranum"]

@Ghorumgash Khazund Veranum

Everyone's favourite frost elf was present in the Omega Pyre Tower as well, in fact just on her way to the cantina. She was not quite sure where her sister Lavina was, she had seen very little of her since Kaeshana. Having found out that Eldorai were in fact not a master race and spent her time since then serving the Protectorate, going to exciting places and freezing people, Kaida was a bit less racist and haughty than most of her brethren.

However...in comparative terms that did not mean that much. She certainly like acting as if she were superior. So as she strode through the halls, she was rather absent-minded when the lumberjack sauntered towards her, narrowly avoiding collision. "Hey...watch where you're going," she raised an eyebrow at the dwarf. "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" she quipped. She had heard the line in a holomovie and it sounded incredibly witty to her!

@[member="Kaida Taldir"]
"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
The dwarf turned on his heel to give Kaida a rocky stare
"Oy! (Excuse me!)"
He called out at the comment, returning with Khazund wittycism
"Ye longsh'nks ye think ya so fethin' 'etter with ye fethin' heigh'-ness an' ye fethin' toll-ness. I 'ave lived inn moon-taines fethin' taller than ye, an' 'ad fethin' sex-ual real-ations with ah fethin' Wookiee! (It seems that taller beings have delusions of grandeur, yet we live in a world much grander than any of us, I had sexual relations with a Wookiee!)"
Half of what he just said would probably be unintelligible, but it sounded verrrry pissed and verrry crude, which should have gotten a message across in itself.
"Juust because ye fethin' talleh, don' make ye no bette'! It make ye fethin' ease-ier to cut dow'! (I implore you to consider what you think is a superiority, for it comes with its own weaknesses)"

Most of what the dwarf said was unintelligible for Kaida, though she got the gist of it. The little man sounded extremely pissed and crude, which just confirmed all her prejudices. Wait, had he mentioned sex with a Wookiee? A look of disgusted disdain crossed her features.

"Unfortunately, my opponents tend to get frozen before they can run me through. Enhanced hearing and greater height comes in handy for spotting them and the elements do the rest," she snarked deadpan. Of course the truth was that Kaida was not a particularly great duellist.

@[member="Kaida Taldir"]
"Oy, ye think ye're de only oone with a powe' over de ele-ments? Oy em an Erth Rhunewarrior of the Khazund, Oy com-and erth and meh-tal."
He knocked on the wall next to him, his fist making a clanging sound as it hit it
"And roight now, you are surr-ounded by de stuff."

He was indeed proficient in Earth Magic, which did included metal, a purified form of earthly components, however, was he proficient enough to pull something as using the metal walls and floor against an Eldorai? Nobody knew right now,

"Oh, really. Nice. Eldorai can harness the earth as well and make quakes. And how long can your metal before it gets frozen to such an extent it bursts? Maybe we should put it to the test," Kaida challenged with a glint in her eye. How would her ice powers hold up against the power the dwarf had over metal and stone? Perhaps making a contest out of it was not a smart thing, but Kaida was young and brash. Besides, the classic trop of elf/dwarf rivalry had to be maintained!

@[member="Kaida Taldir"]
"If ye caan pay for de damage, Ay caan foight ye roight now, ootherwoise, meat me in de training holl."
The dwarf grumbled out, he was not going to waste his new paycheck by collapsing a corridor on a Space Elf
Well, at least he knows what to expect when fighting her, another elemental wielder, like him, only a wielder of ice.
A plan that came in his mind was bursting heat exhaustion pipes to take away her power and summon a brick to throw at her.
Bricks were always a nice touch

-EDIT JUST FOR TEGS/ANYA-
@[member="Anya Venari"]
The dwarf just now noticed the second Eldorai he had previously almost bumped into
"Oy!"
He called out pointing to Anya
"Ay likeh yer choiceh of foot-wear, yeh pointyh eered lass!"
He complimented her choice in a very Khazund fashion

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
It seemed as though the Princess was continually dealing with @[member="Kaida Taldir"]'s natural inclination to run her mouth. This time though it was mildly interesting to watch.

"Thank you, @[member="Ghorumgash Khazund-Veranum"]. I like your collection of axes. It's very...cultural," she said. Looking to Kaida she smiled. "Corporal...this organisation has one roof dropper already. If you want to be another, at least go and show our dwarven friend here your frosticles in an open field somewhere."

"Yes, of course. I'm quite fond of having a roof over my head!" Kaida quipped. She was in the habit of making jokes on Colonel Kerrigan's expense about her penchant for dropping ceilings, although it had only happened twice! Perhaps she was just jealous. But naturally she was not backing down either, an elf had her pride. "Let us take it to an open field then. I'm sure it'll be fun."

@[member="Kaida Taldir"] @[member="Anya Venari"]
"Aye, les's go!"
The Khazund called out excited, doing a little Khazundi stompy pre-battle dance, each heavy step and thump making the floor and walls shake and resonate in response
"Ay wanna knoo wot luv ees, Ay want ye to show mee!"
He looked to the elven lasses with a grin as he was doing the ritual dance thingy
"Luv inn Khazundi ees hoow we refor too 'poun-ching eech oother een da foice.'"

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
@[member="Ghorumgash Khazund-Veranum"] @[member="Kaida Taldir"]

Anya knew she could order them not to, but she was rather curious. After all, to interrupt now would be interfering with cultural practice!
Couldn’t do that.

“Lead the way…” she said, amused.

@[member="Anya Venari"], @[member="Ghorumgash Khazund-Veranum"]

It would be absolutely criminal to interfere with the elf-dwarf rivalry, for it was a long-standing cultural tradition. Kaida could not help being amused at what the dwarf said, as bloody difficult as it was to understand him! "Very drool. Does that mean the Exarch has a deep and enduring love for Reavers?" she snarked. Perhaps it would be best not to tell that to the new battering ram overlord's face. "Well, let's test the dwarf idea of love."

With that she led the dwarf and Princess Anya out of the Tower and after some turns towards an open training field set aside for exercises by the platoon she was assigned to, mostly for live fire drills involving heavy weapons and explosives. No drills were scheduled and so it would be perfect for the occasion, as mayhem was expected to take place anyway.

@[member="Kaida Taldir"] @[member="Anya Venari"]
The dwarf took a place on the field, opposite to Kaida, he stood in a wide, strong stance, a stance of a stout rock he was. If he was living in New York, his name would be Rocky.
"Aye, Ay'm ready ye paynsy!"
He called out as he took two of his smaller axes, beginning to chant in Khazund
[Khazund] "Ohr kharadum gurunda moria, garadum oompra karash. (Hey, rocks, how about you stop being lazy bastards and help me out a bit?)"
He kept on with the Khazund spell
[Khazund] "Arabum oompa-loompa kurak gha gurh. (Don't make me hit you.)"
With a tremble, rocks and particles of soil began moving from the ground to stick around the Khazund, forming a hardened natural armor, or as D&D players know it, Stoneskin.
[Khazund] "Gharada broom baka. (Thanks, now punch her in the face!)"
With a powerful flicker he projected one of the smaller axes he held, aiming it at Kaida.
As the weapon flew, dirt and rocks jumped and clinged to it, adding to its punch, momentum, and creating blunt end if it would hit Kaida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom