Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Living Metal

So I asked a while back about making a living metal. After some thought I have decided to make it more progressive, in that Ultimatum will start by creating a very basic living metal and work his way up to a actual plant life and similar forms.

I wanted to know what I should expect in regards to dev threads for this sort of thing. I've filled out part of the template, which is below to give some idea of what I have so far.

Homeworld: Sovereignty

Development Thread: Will add as required

Average Measurements: Approximately 30 micrometers

Cultivation Requirements:
During growth period it requires protection from high heat, it causes the relatively fragile internal structure to deteriorate which leads to the cell structure forming incorrectly and usually leads to the premature breakdown of the cell.

The actual materials needed to allow growth are uncommon outside a laboratory, but are fairly easy to acquire. Theoretically can be grown in a vacuum without suffering from the effects, so long as the required materials are supplied to allow for growth.

Strengths:
Reproducing metal
Capable of being grown in laboratory

Weaknesses:
Takes a long time to grow
Not as strong as most metals
Fragile before maturity and for a time after mitosis

Distinctions: When it grows in large enough number, a distinct silvery sheen is its color. It tends to be akin to ice in smoothness. It is generally quite easy to bend, while retaining its original integrity.

Average Growth Cycle:
1 week until maturity
2 weeks until reproduction
Mitosis every 24 hours

Average Life: 3 months

Nutritional Value: Do not consume! At this time, lifeform is indigestible by most species and the natural metal within is toxic to most other forms of life.

History: The ------ was created in a laboratory under Ultimatum’s care, it was less an attempt to create some form of life rather than a proof of concept. The droid was hoping to have definitive proof that such life was possible.

The results of experimentation led to the creation of this life form. Little more than simple bacteria like being, the cells are fragile compared to the metal from which they were

Intent: To create the first part of eventually bringing living metal based lifeforms.

[member="Ultimatum"]
I've got some problems with this, to be honest. You're going to need to really, really convince me through dev and sub that this is viable.

Because this is so outlandish and is even borderline outside the Codex I'd want a solid dev thread of at least 50 detailed posts and 3+ writers.

More is better though, especially examining how it is made, how it's used, strengths, weaknesses etc.

Alright I can work with that, thanks! I'll see what I can do about explaining it, though truth be told there is only so much I can do, given that this is beyond most anything that could realistically be created outside of a futuristic universe full of unexplained and mind-boggling contraptions.

Out of curiosity, why do you think this falls outside the Codex? Do you mean it goes towards the Factory area?

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Ultimatum"]

Its one of those odd submissions that would need to be done through the factory and the codex, meaning we'd have to work together. I have my own issues with the situation, but [member="Valiens Nantaris"] has covered the current points nicely.

At this point, this submission would be used for anything other than proof of concept. Not to be integrated into armor or anything like that at this point.

I was thinking of potentially doing that later on down the line with more specifically made versions. At some point I was planning on making cells that were tougher so that they could act as an armor, and specific cells to play different roles, eventually leading up to an entire being being made of different cells playing parts in the body. But that is just an idea.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] [member="Spencer Varanin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom