Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Living metal being

So I was directed to bring part of a discussion and question I had in a Factory discussion.

As stated in the title I am looking to create a living metal being. I was originally suggested into looking at the Polydroxol species, and from there I asked about making a similar species except using different metals and other differences.

I was wondering whether it would be possible to make a species that used Laminanium as the main metal.

Would it be possible and if so what sort of development could I expect to look forward to? (Aside from devs for the metal)

Okay.

The species would firstly be only a few beings in the beginning. They would be made more concrete, not quite as malleable as the Polydroxol, thus they can't mimic other species as easily. I would think that the species could mold their features, but it would take much longer, maybe days. They would be able to heal most wounds, but the healing process would increase the rate of energy consumption and require them to eat more food. I was figuring they would have some form of digestive capability that would allow them to eat almost anything and collect nutrients from it, normally focusing on giving the body energy to run.

I was thinking that it would be possible for them to be Force sensitive, as they are actually alive. Though I was wondering what people would think of that.

That is about all I have at the moment. I am willing to expand, just need the right questions and time.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

There are the Shards as well. Thank you [member="Leva"]

Would the Polydroxol be capable of Force sensitivity? The species would be similar in concept of being alive perhaps brought about differently but in essence the same way of living.

With the restricted material that was what I had assumed. I was only thinking of making one at the time.

Okay so does that mean that the midiclorians are required for one to be Force sensitive?

The reason I ask is that I have gotten mixed messages on the subject of midiclorians and Force sensitivity. Some had said that the midiclorians are just a telltale of how strong one is in the Force while others say that midiclorians are the center of the Force. I have tried to figure it out, but so far the only concrete evidence that is available that I believe is entirely unquestionable is the prequel movie number I.

How does a Shard use the Force? It's basically a crystal, right? It says they are a silicon based lifeform. I would assume that their tissue grows even though it is not really organic matter, correct?

I am not proposing a droid, at least I am not trying to create that. I am thinking of a metal lifeform, it will live and grow and eventually die.

[member="Ultimatum"]
It's never said carbon based lifeforms are the only possible ones. How shards do it is beyond my ability to understand, given it's fringe Legends canon. It's there, I have to acknowledge it's there, but I don't have to allow new things like it.

That said, my final answer is no to Force sensitivity on any sort of metal being you might construct, be it droid, living metal or kitchen appliance.

If not for canon then it's a no for balance.

As far as dev threads, depending on what strengths and weaknesses you are planning on having, your minimum is 50 posts with 3+ writers in addition to the dev thread to require the restricted material. You're making something, and it'll be awesome, but you're going to play it out first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom