Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little Base of Horrors: CIS Dominion of Xagobah Hex

jtEMqXM.png

[member=Seren] | [member=Jenmae Ophiro] | + Mandragora

Willow knew little about their purpose here.

She rarely ever knew much about their purpose anywhere, she simply followed. What little she had managed to gather from the snippets of conversation between the Wolf and the Witch made no sense at all. The Crucible seemed to pop up often enough, along with whoever the Mandragora were. Both those things were of little consequence to Willow for the meanwhile. Whatever the Wolf had planned he hadn’t involved her thus far and, for now, she was grateful for it. Especially as the speeder kicked off into high speed.

As the wind whipped her fire red locks wildly, all her misplaced curiosity melted away. There was nothing but the sound of air rushing past her eardrums, nothing but the tingle of the breeze as it nipped at her skin. What she hadn’t realised was in their wake they left a trail of destruction, smouldering plants that felt the keen sting of the speeder as it cut over the unsuspecting fauna. But even if she had noticed, Willow wouldn’t have cared. Beside the sauna the Wolf had taken her too that day on Geonosis, this was the most fun she’d had in a long time.

Her speeder darted dangerously in and out of tight gaps, lurching one way then the other at incredible angles. In fact, she was so invested in the wild ride she forced upon herself, she almost missed Seren’s signal to stop. Fortunately, she caught a flash of his sun kissed skin in the corner of her eye, just as she was about to squeeze between two trees. The sudden stop caused her hair to fly forward. A wave of violent orange flew forward, covering every inch of her face in hair the colour of autumn leaves. When she turned to face the Wolf she found a highly excitable grin had made a home on her face, but the expression faded when she noticed he was talking into a comm.

Bright scarlet lips pursed together for a few moments before she decided to turn her focus on the jungle ahead. She absently wondered which of the flora was most likely to eat them, and whether or not they would be obvious to spot. Perhaps that’s what Seren was trying to find out, but until she knew all she could do was wait.

Áine

Á
jtEMqXM.png
[member=Kerstan Blackmoore]

At his words she glanced up at him with a grin, trying her best to hold back a sugary giggle. ‘Almost every day.’ One of her hands reached out to swat at his chest. ‘But I was talking about the jungle. You spoiled the game.’ Her bell like tone teased him gently. Their relationship thus far had developed beyond anything Áine had ever expected it too. It felt like an eternity ago that she stepped out of that pod, that she regarded the man before her as both family and a God. He had given her life, breathe, the knowledge to walk, talk and act the way she did. She owed him much.

Their boots crunched across the jungle floor, but Áine was surprised when the second set cut short suddenly after her curious question. The lithe experiment almost ran smack bang into her creator. The tone of voice he greeted her with wasn’t at all pleasing. Her bottom lip dropped immediately, turning her expression into the most sour her delicate features could manage.

Once upon a time his chastisement would have seen her flush and beg for forgiveness, but their time spent apart had seen the relationship moulded into something entirely different. ‘If the word enough wasn’t part of my vocabulary I’m afraid you and I would be in a very different situation.’ When Kerstan turned to walk away, Áine continued. He was still walking a might faster than her and she was forced to half jog to keep up with his long strides.

‘Where would you have been if I hadn’t decided seeing you cry was revenge enough? I will not erase a single word I have learned, because each of them thus far have proved their uses.’ As though she knew he would want to argue back, she glanced up and raised a fiery brow in his direction. His offer of a holiday and a shopping trip to Naboo sated the inferno that blazed inside her slightly, but she would make him make it up to her further when they returned to the ship.

OYskWHq.png

OBJECTIVE: Gather unknown organic matter for Chemistry experimentation.

"Pink flowers?" Vytal looked over at the woman that claimed and shunned her heritage. "This... thing will be able to find these flowers, and provide you information about them." After all, if all Scherezade knew was that they were pink information would be of use, would it not? Better to know even a little before turning with the samples than nothing aside from their color. Perhaps the 'flowers' were not as harmless as you would expect. In fact, Vytal was certain they would not be.

Once they arrived Pom made no small effort in demonstrating the worth of the vehicle they'd purchased. Vytal watched as it collected a single sample. Not terribly impressive on its own, she agreed, but it did provide the opportunity for close study without putting themselves in danger. Pom certainly seemed thrilled with her first catch. "You've convinced me, Pom, but this thing better collect samples faster than if we were outside." That had been her personal expectation anyway. She expected Pom had put it on some sort of single-shot mode, or manually collected their first one. There was no problem in basking in the glory of a find. Her Sister's delight certainly satisfied Vytal the mission would turn out to be worth the trip.

Knight Ophiro? Vytal moved over to the communication board. Her finger touched the transmit button, "This is Mistress Noctura. What is your position, Knight Ophiro? Over." Their status? A strange thing to ask. The Nightsister considered her and Pom in charge of their little collection; their status was their own. Still, if others had come, she would not mind assistance in locating some of the best samples.

"Pom, this thing can withstand any vegetation that tries to break it open as a nut?" She wasn't interested in it weathering a vegetative attack, but that was their most likely threat right now.

Her bright gaze fell to the impatient huntress next. "We are heading outside. You will get your pink flower." For no other reason than to understand what it was the deWinter woman had come to this planet. Their initial encounter had resulted in a positive outcome, but Vytal had a strong impression of Scherezade. One of danger, though she knew not why. There were possible sources of this, however; most spiritual. Such things were often elusive at best, and deliberately vague at worst.

"Do you want to play with the hungry things, Pom?" Vytal asked as she plucked a comm link from the console expecting this Knight to call them back. "We can cover ground as this vehicles works here." Locate more suitable for harvest.

Tag: [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Seren"] | [member="Willow Fae"] | [member="Jenmae Ophiro"] | Mandragora | Confederates | Open​

The base seemed to have a mind of its own, pushing the intruders exactly where it wanted them to go. Slowly and surely the organics among the assaulting force were being picked off one or two at time. Nothing deterred them, but the base was not worried, in fact it couldn't be. Emotion was not something the base understood, it had one function, to feed. By feeding the base continued to power itself up. The humanoids were not just food, they were fuel, batteries.

As they team positioned itself at the blast door the living base became impatient. They were close to the most dangerous part of their mission. It was not going to be easy. There would be more vines waiting for them, more tubes ready and waiting to consume them all. The vines attacked those working the door, but only enough to make them think they were making progress. The moment the blast door was cut through, the full contingent of what lay inside the core would reach out and attack the barriers between it and the human. Those closest to the door would be taken first.

[member="Nyx N1X3"], @Allya Vi’Dreya, [member="GL3AM"], [member="Luna Terrik"]

w3IVM7J.png

OBJECTIVE: Breach and Clear

Organics truly did not comprehend the meaning of eternity. A droid could count existence to the nanosecond. Most stopped at the millisecond, but even that stretched on too long. Nyx waited an eternity for the organics to call for aid. She led the droids into the beast despite the summons, but in no particular hurry. Two small squads were broken off to clear the wings of the base as she led the main group after Luna and her troops.

Why did organics always insist on doing things the hard way?

The flamethrower was hefted over one shoulder and attached to a mount behind Nyx's cranial unit. Her left hand reached out and behind her, "Your weapon, Sargent." A moment later a rifle was dropped into her hand without objective. Its firing mode snapped into single shot, narrow-band mode as soon as it was brought forward.

For some reason, Nyx found this... familiar despite her focus having been on fighters and espionage lately.

When the vile vines swept the door, Nyx stood fast and let fly three precise shots down the hallway around Luna's personnel. Despite what the droid had said earlier, there were far too many organics between her and the enemy for wide-spread shot. Her optical units were also better equipped to 'slicing' even a thick vine with several shots lined up alongside one another. The barrel of the rifle shifted ever so slightly as a red eye peered down the length of the rifle -- a bit unnecessary as she could easily calculate the difference in height and angle of the weapon, but precision was crucial as the organics would be in motion.

Tag: [member="Luna Terrik"] | [member="GL3AM"] | [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]​

Kerstan Blackmoore

K
OYskWHq.png
w. Áine​
Of course Kerstan had ruined the game. It seemed that he did that frequently when his mind was set on something he wanted. Today it was the spores from several of the plants, and while his creation had agreed to come, Kerstan could not help but notice she was loathe to be there. In a way it made him smile. She was tolerating the jungle for his presence and company. The thought made him realize how vulnerable the fiery haired woman made him. Kerstan both loved and hated her for it. She was his weakness, the one thing he would sacrifice his plans for. Had it not been her drive for power matched his Kerstan may have already abandoned his projects. Yet, she knew. Despite the gruff tone he took at her insistence that he had acquired enough, she knew nothing would ever quite be enough for Kerstan. Especially when it came to the assassin. He would always want more of her and from her.

She was the only one who would ever get away with scolding him as she had. Anyone else who dared raise their voice to him would find their mangles corpse on the jungle floor. Her words still stung as she brought to mind his sin against her. Her mercy and grace, two qualities he had not instilled in her, were more than he deserved, yet he knew they only came from the desire she bore for him. It was the same carnal desires he carried for her, and nothing would ever stand between them. The two would always find their way back to each other no matter what passed between them.

"You know what I mean," Kerstan replied, not giving her the satisfaction of knowing how deep her words still cut. If she knew that she still held that much power over him Kerstan would be in far more danger than owing her a weekend holiday. "Do as you wish with your vocabulary then, but never forget where you would be if enough was in mine. You simply would not exist. Failed attempt after failed attempt are the building blocks of your life. Perhaps you will temper my insatiable appetite, perhaps you will not, but our goals require that we keep pushing ahead."

Kerstan turned on his heels and did just that. As one of the larger plants came into view Kerstan slowed his movements. There was little documented on how exactly the plants hunterd their prey, and what the spores themselves would do. Most people who attempted to learn, they were killed. Even force users who ventured into the jungle were not guaranteed to make it out alive. Kerstan was a stubborn oaf however. The pair would survive simply because of that one trait alone.

"I will coax the spores out... you can collect them. At least this time I am not making you do my dirty work as I did on Thyferra. I am glad you killed that young fool otherwise I would have. Seeing you on another man's arm still makes me slightly jealous.

OYskWHq.png
[member="Tess Valnora"]
“As I’d rather not increase my chances of death, no, we’ll be steering clear of the base. The Jungle should contain the specimens that we need,” Holt said as he glanced in the directions of the faint growls and explosions. With another team of Confederates there, the place was likely a warzone, something that Holt was not keen on exploring. At the very least the jungle would be more manageable, but even then one of the mutated plants had attacked his guardian Crow without Holt noticing; something that he was now cursing himself on. Constant vigilance, Holt reminded himself as he brushed past a very sinister-looking vine, heading deeper into the forest.

As they walked, Holt did not move to make converstation. Instead, he forced himself to remember all the information he had inhaled on the shuttle flight to the Xagobah system -- the plant information, it’s certain dangers, and where the two Birds could expect to find it. He remembered that it was a rather colorful thing; a bright-pink, bulbous center that slowly faded to purple, with green vines that the plant both used for defense and to ensnare it’s prey. The vines contained barbs to deliver the plant’s toxins, but to get the venoms they’d have to extract it from the plant’s body -- which, in short, meant more fun for the Birds.

OYskWHq.png

Pomsty captured images of the flower that looked and moved like the Sleeper that lived in the holy lake on Dathomir. When suddenly the flower changed its shape altogether and appeared like another shape she knew well.

Is it trying to lure me to it?

"Oh my word!" she exclaimed. "Could these things be sentient?" she wondered.

They walk, move, lure, and could it be that they read minds too?

Pom could not believe all the bitching, even when she finds something that will do all the work! She is no tech savvy person, but always thought [member="Vytal Noctura"] had a will to utilize such things. Now nobody wants to play with the toys. It baffled her, truly! [member="Scherezade deWinter"] had her say as well.

Yeah, she can go outside and play with the unknown, mystifying, mobile plants. This thing has an autopilot. Just she hopes it doesn't decide to sample a person!

"I wouldn't stand too close however; just in case," she warned.

How would anyone know if a plant exists or not, which is capable of lifting the vehicle off the ground and tossing it asunder like a twig?

"Sure, by all means, let's get dirty and poisonous plant spittle on us," she said. She is a good sport afterall. "My leather can take it." The biosuit probably cannot though.

She flicked a switch and the machine whirred louder, setting all the specimen collection arms into motion. The driver would remain behind and see to it that he moved the vehicle around after a while, so the samples could be of a vast variety.

Pom opened the hatch again and the steps appeared. She grabbed a communicator in case whomever rang through just a moment before desires to meet up with them on their excursion.

Pom wondered just how much fun Vytal intends to have within the foliage; also what exactly would she consider fun today, and what would be just too much and therefore no longer fun? Because when they were kids, someone almost always got an eye knocked out.

4sifl3a.png
[member="Holt"]​
CNQ1Siu.png
Tess nodded at the back of Holt’s head, agreeing with his answer. The things she had heard about the base didn’t poke hard enough at her curiosity for her to want to venture toward it. Finding the plant described on the datapad during the mission brief was enough for her. Looking down at her hand she examined the plant she held there, without life it looked almost like a normal plant. Tess wanted to dissect it more, but the current mission was more important. Maybe they could look at it later with the other specimens they gather.

Keeping in step with the Rook, Tess pocketed the plant and kept her head on a swivel. The datapad hadn’t specified the size of the target, but she guessed with its vines being its main source of defense and offence that it might be fairly large. She pictured a giant pinkish-purple plant with a gaping mouth like a Hutt. Plants were supposed to just eat sunlight, not animals, why do they need meat? What is it like to be eaten by a plant? Just then a thought hit her that sent a shiver down her spine, “What if the plants somehow learned to TALK?” she thought before placing the palm of her hand against her forehead, “Keep it together Tess. This is an easy mission with a simple, yet dangerous goal. Keep your eyes open.” Came her pep talk to herself as she kept a pace or two behind the man in front of her.

Then a more practical thought crossed her mind, “Holt, uh, Sir. Have you noticed? There appear to be next to no signs of any wildlife or local fauna here, whatever they may be.” She said in a low voice. Tess paused for a second on a large root and laid a hand against the tree, surveying the surrounding area, “Just plants, and more plants. She hoped she wasn’t bugging the man with her observations, it was obvious there were plants all over, even the one that looked like a giant snake as it slithered across the ground.

"Sir, Stop!"

jtEMqXM.png

Objective: Feed me – destroy the core
Time: 1525 Hours
Equipment: Personal Dauntless Armor, SC4 Blaster, Tactical Recon Handguns, XZ-77 “Buster” Comms Device
Tags: [member="Nyx N1X3"], @Allya Vi’Dreya, [member="GL3AM"]

Jepei1u.png

Vines practically exploding from the door wasn’t exactly what Luna had been expecting. The moment Q’aira and the other commander opened up the door, vines exploded forth, grabbing both by the ankles and suddenly yanking them into the core. The newer commando was certainly not expecting the vines, and he was yanked as he screamed for someone to help him. The master sergreant next to him was much more on her toes, and being a bladeswoman, suddenly whipped out a knife from her thigh holster and cut herself free, scrambling back to the rest of the commandos as they laid down covering fire from the writhing mass of vines springing toward them.

As the commandos fired round after round into the room, desperately attempting to hold back the inevitable, Luna could practically feel as rounds from the massive droid at the end of the hall whizzed past them, into the hole that the commando’s had created. With those lasers eating into the foliage, keeping them back for the moment, Luna called out to those that still stood beside her. “Grenades, now!” Those carrying the incendiary grenades stopped firing for the moment, popping them, and then lobbing them into the hole and deep into the core room.

Those fire bombs exploded with a blazing heat, spreading throughout the room with a rage that couldn’t be stopped. It would only be a few moments now, and if the commandos could hold off for just a few more moments, then the mission would be completed. All Luna could hope for was that no more lives were lost in these final moments.

Jepei1u.png

w3IVM7J.png
[member="Luna Terrik"] | [member="Nyx N1X3"], @Allya Vi’Dreya, [member="GL3AM"]​
Another loud groan and screech erupted from the core of the base as the fire teams continued to assault the the living organic at the center of the base. As the vines were cut and the grenades launched into the center of the room, the entire corridor began to shake and quake. The attacks managed to make the base even more upset, but also wounded it. Anger radiated from the center as the vines stopped their attacks. Being too wounded to continue the assault, the purple organic orb in the center furiously worked to consume the bodies it had acquired in a rush to heal itself. This was the window the organics and strike teams needed to set their charges. The lights dimmed and reddish glow washed every surface of the room as it seemed all but the core itself went dormant. Things would not remain this way for long as the visible damage was already repairing itself.

The strike team needed to move fast.

OYskWHq.png

Vytal looked back at her Sister and actually smirked. "Pom, this technology is wonderful. Wouldn't survive back home, but it will collect an endless supply of those living...plants for study. However," she reached out to take one of Pom's hands, "we cannot forget who were are, can we?" That was an inside joke in a sense between them. It harkened back to a conversation the two Dathomiri women had when they'd first reunited. Surely her Nightsister understood. Being aloof was acceptable, but being too aloof... Challenge was what they overcame as a matter of course.

And the huntress within would like nothing more than to brave the wilds of this world. To prove despite its many dangers they could overcome without the protective, metal shell. Vytal was confident the thing would manage to fend off the advances of the fungal and vegetative growth as it cut, sliced, and tore its way through the area.

"Should we not observe the life in its natural habitat?" Vytal teased as she led the way to the hatch and emerged back into the violent world.

With her spear in hand, the Nightsister climbed down to the ground and gave a solid stab to a vine that started to look a little too friendly. Her eyes lifted back to the other women. "Let us find these pink flowers so Scherezade does not need to forage through our collection." Perhaps it was easy to call up a particular specimen. Well, whatever excuse worked. It was good for a Nightsister to stretch her legs, encounter new threats, and dominate her surroundings.

Tag: [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] | [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Seren"] | [member="Willow Fae"] | [member="Jenmae Ophiro"] | Mandragora | Confederates | Open​

w3IVM7J.png

Nyx shouldered the weapon and began to jog down the corridor as the base showed signs of dormancy. "Explosives, Commander," she called out loudly with no intention on stopping at their side. They could toss her a bundle as she went by. Given how quickly it responded to stimuli and with how near they were to their goal, now was not the time for leisurely action nor waiting on organics to realize the benefit of droid support in hostile engagements. If necessary she could rip explosives from an exposed satchel, though she much rather work together.

Once through the door, Nyx made straight for the core. Her right arm drew back with the explosives in hand, and then thrust the package into the feasting center of the living base. After withdrawing her appendage there was a sharp flick to cast a stream of goo to the floor.

More strategically planted explosives should still be used to ensure destruction of the troublesome creation. Nevertheless, Nyx felt like feeding it something... 'spicy' was in order. It seemed an Organic thing to do, and Nyx was nothing if not a student of such unusual behavior.

With everything in place Nyx would withdraw with the rest of those present. Sturdy as her chassis was, Nyx had no desire for risking physical harm; she also doubted they'd wait for her to get clear if she were even a second behind the rest.

OYskWHq.png
Wearing: Armor | Pathfinder Boots | The Forgemaster's Ring | Ring of Stasis | Sofitor
Wielding: 8 Nozhi Blades | 2 Czerka knives | 2 Nastirci Combat Knives | Copero's Wail | Fire and Smoke (lightsabers) | Combat Gauntlets | Knight Obsidian Sword | 2 TOTT-001 Arc Light Blaster | 2 Dissuader K-30 Pistols with Glitter Bullets |A MOTHERKRAKKING BLOWTORCH
Tags: [member="Vytal Noctura"] [member="Pom Stych Tivé"] [member="Seren"] [member="Willow Fae"] [member="Jenmae Ophiro"]] | + Feel free to join!
x7K6md.png

Scherezade sat in her place, quietly watching the monitors. She could get where the witch was coming from with her excitement, but it wasn't one that she shared. She loathed behind next to a monitor, surveying from a distance. She was a creature of action, of hands-on, of getting all muddy in the puddles and coming home needing to take a shower to get clean rather than cleanse mental burdens off of her mind.

The moment during which the raven haired witch opened the hatch though could not have come soon enough for Scherezade. She was up on her feet in an instant, and jumped out of the vehicle at the first chance she had to. "And burn this place down!" she half shouted at Vytal as she did so, bouncing out with some measure of glee.

Once outside, Scherezade led them several feet into a randomly chosen direction before she paused. Peeling some of her armor away from her right forearm, her free hand grabbed one of her knives and she sliced along the flesh, deep enough to bring a trickle of angry red forward. The wince on her face showed it had been an uncomfortable thing, but she quickly collected the blood before the wound began to close, tossing droplets of it on the ground as she mumbled some words too quiet for any of the surrounded people to hear.

Scherezade's nostrils flared then as she caught the scent, the blood on the ground shaping itself into an arrow before vanishing into thin air. She darted forward again, following the invisible trail she had built.

Not a few minutes later, the Blood Hound and those who had followed her arrived – it was a small clearing within the jungle, and between two trees that were growing too close to each other for an average sized human to be able to walk between, there they were – her little flowers. Pink, fragile looking, and not touching any spot other than the parts in which the trees cast their shades one against another.

Scherezade plucked a few and put them in her special container before turning to those who had come with her. "I guess the rumors were true," she grinned, "These flowers aren't supposed to exist here. But someone managed to bring them over."

Still grinning, she turned around and removed her blowtorch from her back, pressing all the squeezes and buttons to get it to start firing up. Within moments, the area around them began to light up. Just as she wanted it to. First to go were the remains of the pink flowers. Everything else... Wasn't quite as important.

OYskWHq.png

Pom had her own pouch on her belt to save her specimens in little vials. Everything she saw she took hold of. In between she wiped her gloved fingertips off, along with the tweezers she used, so as to not contaminate her findings. She had every color of the rainbow. Big, small, dormant, animated, spitting, sloughing, brittle, splintery, metallic, glittery, imbedded, crawling...trust that she did gather everything, even the prized pink stuff.

She did not approve of torching the landscape so soon. "If nothing within the immediate area is dangerous, why kill it? Maybe something here keeps the more volatile plants away." This is how she sees it. It is possible. If they did destroy something good, then other non-force sensitive people might be put at risk and need to defend themselves. If they do torch it all...things can be set on the move, and quite desperately so they might defend themselves and attack everyone.

Tentacles quickly reached down from the treetops to grab at the group for bringing the fire upon them. Pom immediately touched the shoulders of [member="Scherezade deWinter"] and [member="Vytal Noctura"] and Apparated everyone out of the immediate area and back upon solid ground. "Probably should hold off on that until everyone is finished here," she suggested.

The driver of the vehicle began repeatedly triggering the siren.

"Damnit!" Pom cursed as she returned to where the vehicle was last seen, only to find.....

jtEMqXM.png

Objective: Feed me – destroy the core
Time: 1525 Hours
Equipment: Personal Dauntless Armor, SC4 Blaster, Tactical Recon Handguns, XZ-77 “Buster” Comms Device
Tags: [member="Nyx N1X3"], @Allya Vi’Dreya, [member="GL3AM"]

Jepei1u.png

Luna was happy she had good hearing in those moments, and that all the years of battle hadn’t damped her ability to pick up the different sounds in a firefight. If she had lost that ability, she might have very well been run over by the large droid plummeting down the hallway, toward the opening that the group had created. And as it headed quickly towered where the dauntless had bunkered down, she could hear the order that was being shot her way. Once it regristered to the general what was going to happen, she quickly turned to the hulking master sergeant currently manning the E-Web.

“Tien! Toss the droid the explosives!” The massive commander disengaged from the blaster for only a moment to reach over and around his shoulder, pulling the satchel free to toss it to the droid. Luna watched as it was caught, and the machine plunged it’s way into the core area. It was in this moment that the redhead didn’t wait to see exactly what would be happening, instead standing from her knelt position and pointing down the hallway. “Move! We are leaving!” The rest of the commandos didn’t need any other word, as they all stood from their defensive positions before sprinting down the hallway, avoiding the dead vines on the floor.

Luna was quick to follow them at the rear, jogging until she saw the droid emerge from the hole of the core, then sprinting with as much speed as she could muster. She had just wanted to make sure the charges were planted accordingly. And in seeing the droid make it’s way down the hall, she knew that objective had been completed, and now focused on leaving this cursed place. As she ran, the general reached into her bandleader, pulling out the detonation devise. And once the redhead was able to slide her way out back into the sunlight and rejoin what was left of Omega squad, the red button on top of the devise was pressed firmly.

Silence, for just a few moments, then a singular, thundering, boom filled the air.

Jepei1u.png

OYskWHq.png

Vytal gave Scherezade the flatest of stares when she went to work trying to burn everything down. What was that woman's problem? Every time it seemed like they could work together or come to an understanding about the simplest thing possible, the deWinter woman had to go and complicate it. Why had she burned down the grove except to hide the pink flowers? Flowers that apparently weren't supposed to have even been there so they were quite rare indeed.

But that was okay. It was. The Nightsister's countenance managed to recover just before the vines appeared. Yes, it was all fine, for reasons Vytal would no longer need to explain once Pom relocated the group away from harm. The moment had passed, and undoubtedly Scherezade was content to have acquired what she wanted.

A siren blared, which Vytal could only expect was from their vehicle. Pom seemed to recognize the same and had begun making a swift return. Of course her Sister turned to follow with all due haste.

As it came into sight, the vehicle's wheels seemed to be half engulfed by plant life as it had sunken into the ground -- or been drawn in. All manner of vine sought to creep about the metal beast perhaps to swallow it whole or to extract the soft bits inside. "Pom," Vytal's voice was calm, but carried with it the warble of restraint, "soon as it's free, see if you can lift it out of the hole before the vines get us." To emphasize her point, Vytal stomped on a vine that had drawn too close to her foot.

"And when we get back on board, let's do it your way. Quickly." Assuming the issue had been the vehicle going too slow. Or maybe they just needed to fill the metal beast's belly and be gone as soon as Dathomirian possible.

Green filled the faceplate of Vytal's helmet then as the fires consumed her form within the suit she wore. Her right hand thrust into the air a second later. Distant at first, a rumble swept over the area and with it came a sudden breeze. No clouds had formed, but the roll of thunder grew more insistent. Then, seemingly from a cloudless sky, a bolt of lightning crashed down upon the metal beast as it sought the shortest distance to ground. The electricity swept around the outer body of the vehicle, scorched the vines that crept there, and was sent straight into the heart of the consuming pit of plant and fungal life.

To think Vytal called upon the Fanged God for a bunch of creeping vines.

w3IVM7J.png

Somehow, Nyx had expected Luna's team to help plant more charges. It was immediately clear, however, that wasn't happening. True, the package had been sufficient to accomplish the objective, but now the droid found herself in a prickly situation. Namely, that much less time before they blew the place.

"Fall back. All droid units, fall back. Double time," Nyx signaled to all B-1s that had accompanied her. Undoubtedly the organics hadn't told them of what was about to happen in their haste to escape. Would this abuse never end?

While ordinarily the most female-shaped droid took effort to soften her movements given the weight of her chassis, now was not one of those times. Just as she had 'plummeted' down the corridor earlier, Nyx was at full speed and deep booms followed every step. Her optical units soon beheld Luna clearing the entrance up ahead. It wasn't far, but it was far enough.

The detonation wouldn't destroy the base, but it would send a shockwave of air through the corridors and with it likely some manner of organic and inorganic debris. Several of the B-1s let out synthetic screeches as they were toppled over from the blast. Two of them became tangled in a small pile at the threshold of the base, while the rest groaned from a sudden collision with the ground.

A moment later Nyx slowly strode out of the tunnel with dust calmly drifting back down to the ground all around her and the scattered B-1s. "Commander." As per usual, her tone was devoid of emotion and evenly paced. "I believe that completes all mission parameters?" After all, a droid didn't have emotions. There was nothing to get upset over being nearly blown up, or thrown to the ground with no consideration unless that given to her organic companions. But on the other hand, Nyx wasn't a standard issue B-1 unit. The continued abuse of the Confederacy's mechanical units was troubling. It was rife with inefficiency and unnecessary resource utilization from collateral damage caused by carelessness and neglect. From a purely rational standpoint, eventually something would need to be done.

Explosions rippled from the center of the base through the corridors extending out from it. A gust of air would be felt all the way to the end of each hall until it exited the base. Those closest to the explosion would be covered in the purple goo, which turned out to be highly acidic. The core of the base was melted under its own acids. Creaking could be heard as the explosions began to settle, and the tentacles surrounding the base died down. With the core destroyed, and the objective complete, the Confederacy of Independent System could now safely access the base and set up operations on Xagobah. The work in the coming months would be fruitful and the Ministry of Science would benefit greatly.

This concludes the main objective. As always feel free to keep any personal stories going :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom