Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Liquidation (The Underworld: RC Exploitation of Erilnar)

As the Gammorean raised his fist against Kendall he saw his mistake materialize with it, that hit would take him out where he stood, and he quickly reached for his blaster. however before he unholstered, an Aqualish stopped the swing, Kendall was able to pull back from his blaster. The Aqualish was adorned in a jacket and gear much more extravagant than the others present in the bar, and Kendall realized that this must be a response to his request for the boss. As the man moved up and addressed Kendall, he knew that his only chance was if at least this one would listen to reason. After all, he meant no offense to the Gammorean, it's just biologically rare for one to be able to speak basic, and since weequay's often come under the same scrutiny he was obliged to be respectful. Didn't get jack out of it though, except a punch that almost took his head off.

"The Dragonsnakes are being targeted, by a big strike too, and you'd be wise to make amends with those who've put out the hit, and i can offer you that alternative." as he spoke he saw the shuffling around him, it was natural to take news like that almost as a threat, but he could hope that at least the leader would listen, especially considering the new noises outside, crashes, as well as sirens could be heard starting to filter in through the crowded cantina. "Hear that? That's my proof already."

As he explained Kendall felt a pang of guilt for doing essential what was the opposite of his job. he had no intention of betraying the confederation, in fact at this point he was dedicated to helping them for the soul reason he agreed to. However, at the same time Kendall wasn't a killer at heart, and if there could be reduced bloodshed on this mission, as well as winning over the biggest swoop gang in the area, he'd consider this mission a success. But as he locked eyes with the Aqualish he knew that if they didn't work with him they'd be slaughtered, and he was damn well going to finish his job even if it came to that. His mind darts back to the blaster under his coat and the bar he could easily jump over for cover if this went sour, that would buy him a few seconds at least, and that's all someone needs to improvise.

Drogh

D
Drogh was standing there, looming over the man, bald, bleeding and scared to say the least. Drogh said nothing, just stared at him, his metal mask glaring at the man, blood running down from his face, his leg broken and twisted to be sure. Drogh held a DL-18 towards the mans head, the man just chuckled, looking up, blood running down his face, a crooked painful smile appeared on his cracked lips.
He was tied down firmly by rope, on a old chair, barely being kept there, he struggled at first, then stopped knowing how futile it was.
Drogh finally decied to speak, knowing that he would not. "I want you to tell me every thing you know, about what you are going to do, this night."
The man shook his head, spitting warm blood on the black shoe of Drogh, looking up at him with a cruel smile, yet pain was taking hold of him. "No.." he replied. Drogh knew this man was 'tough' and perhaps for his final moments wanted to believe he still was, Drogh was going to expose him of his true self, that he is at the end of the day a criminal. "Don't play games with me, we both know that you don't want to die, and this isn't worth your life." Drogh took a moment, looking at the man, he started ot lift his head slightly, as if he was some what interested. "I'll never tell you anything." He said in spiteful words, still clinging on to what ever he was hanging on to, honnor, comradeship, loyalty? Drogh knew he had niether of these. He fired a blaster bolt into his leg, a scream of pain was lifted, but caught off as Drogh put a bit of rope into his wide mouth, to mute the mans screams. "I told you not to play games with me." The man seemed desperate, yet he woundn't give Drogh the luxery of showing him his pain and just smiled, Drogh took the rope out of his mouth and said again. "Tell me every thing, if you don't I'll slowly kill you, if you do I'll let you go." Drogh stared at him, the man stared back. "You have no honnor, nor loyatly, stop pretending that you do, I wont ask again." Drogh was slient for a second, then the man spoke out, his voice trembling with pain, shaking slightly. "F-fine." (Suppose I'll let Saani to spill the secrets?)

Saani Kenow

Retanasian Smuggler Queen
Objective 2 Update

The Aqualish stared at [member="Kendall Ginn"], arms crossed over his swoop jacket. "You're telling me," he finally said, "that my people are being hit and murdered right now, and you want me to cut a deal with the people who are killing them? Seems like it's a little late for that, champ. But we'll defend our own. Thanks for the heads-up; here's something for your trouble." He tossed the Weequay a credit stick - a solid 2,000 creds registering on the reader - before turning away. "Now get out of here and I'll pretend I never saw you." Looking around the room, he began to bark orders. The drunken Dragonsnakes prepared for war, opening hidden compartments beneath tables and behind the bar to reveal body armor and heavy repeating blasters. They didn't intend to lose the bar without a serious fight.

------------------------------------------

[member="Drogh"]'s victim spat a wad of blood onto the cracked duracrete floor, a dazed combination of fear and pain filling his eyes. "There... there was gonna be a weapons deal tonight," he choked out, hanging his head as he broke the code of silence that had determined his membership in the gang for as long as he could remember. "Missile launchers, surface to air... the Centrality government said they'd sell them to us so we could swat those Renatasian scum out of the skies." That was big news, the kind of scandal that could topple a dozen politicians; there was little doubt that Saani Kenow would pay thousands of credits for it. "It's going down in Hab Block 207 Besh, in the speeder garage. They should be starting any minute." An errant tear trickled from the desperate swooper's right eye.

"You said you'd let me go," he wheezed. "Please, let me go. That's all I know."

Desmond heard the droid, but hadn't really registered what he said. One of the little disgusting worms had rapped itself around his arm and was currently trying to eat his gorgeous face. "MEPHITE SAVE ME!!!" Des let loose a few more rounds in the direction of the giant mama worm thing and swam to Mephite's position. Des had finally managed to pry the worm off his arm and tossed it in the air. He fired a hundred round at it only two of which hit. The rest went wide and completely wrecked the tunnels infrastructure. "That'll show you!" While Des was still whining the tunnel began to collapse, large chunks of stone fell, and one hit the Mama worm right in the head. The beast gave one final roar then sank back into the murky depths apparently dead. "Hey! You see that! I took out that big ugly bastard all by myself. I'm gonna be a hero! Don't worry Mephite I won't forget about my boy!" While Des was caught in his moment of glory the tunnel grew even more unstable and finally gave out to the building pressure. Rocks the size of ships fell towards them. "MEPHITE DO SOMETHING!!!"

[member="Mephite"]

As the Aqualish tossed Kendall the stack of credits, it took all of his willpower not to raise his blaster and blow out the back of his head as the boss turned to give orders. He was filled with anger, both at himself for sabotaging his own mission so much, and even more so at the Aqualish who has just caused more death. The Weequay wasn't impressed by the credits, and while he wouldn't leave them, he wasn't leaving the bar either. Instead Kendall would use the sudden rouse of movement and yelling filling the room to slip away further into a back room of the bar as the Gang got ready to leave. As he suspected they didn't notice him for the most part, either due to drunken stupor or their excitement of battle, and those who did would assume he was just skulking away having been paid. On the contrary he planned to take a position inside to help re-asses the situation as best he could, he wasn't about to ditch this mission because of a mistake, and after the condescending show that the Aqualish had put on, he wasn't feeling sympathy for these low-lifes. Kendall slipped to the back room and was forgotten by most of the room, all save the Gammorean who had first approached him, who kept his eye on the Weequay due to the earlier offense he took, and would follow to the room hoping to settle a score, and maybe take back a good 2,000 credits.

As Kendall entered the room he wasn't sure of his next goal, knowing it wouldn't be a garage, but with the proper use of the places stock of alcohol he could end up with a burning bar, and with the ruckus the Dragonsnakes usually cause, and more specifically the ensuing chaos they will cause soon enough, a fire wont be much to look into for the local enforcement. He put his focus to examining the room around him.

Objective: 2
Allies: [member="Drogh"]
As he descended into the darkness, the group followed with fleeting paces, their eyes wired with rage, as they began to chant a flurry of slurs and hate towards him as he quickly continued his sprint, the feeling of light peppering his armor as he continued to push forward, retracing his steps back out into the open, though they still managed to inch their way closer, closing the gap with every corner cut, first a left, in which the shots were blind and missed, then came a right, at which point, their shots became more focused, he could feel them gnawing at his heels as he ran. Then they started to hit, a couple stray shots but enough made contact with the body.

He stumbled, down the long corridor he ran, their shots losing their wide margin and becoming narrow as a single shot hit his duffel bag strap his body stumbling over as his arms wrapped around the bag as it flew ahead of him, "Damn it... there more competent then I thought..." he muttered as his steps became long and arduous, his speed slowed down to the point that they started to just jog down, it became their hunt, their confidence overwhelming them as he heard their cheers and laughter. Only to be met by a Smile hidden beneath the metallic figures mask.

Ass he retreated down the path he barreled down, his body tucking and rolling as he bounced, his body limp as he groaned with pain, the duffel bag tossing far aside as he rolled into a ball, his arms wrapping around his stomach as the rest of the swoopers caught up, a callous laugh echoing between them as they lorded over the lounged man, their eyes wide with vengeance as they began the all too common behavior of a street gang. The beating.

Their feet bashed against his body, their looks of satisfaction never to come until he was to be met with death, a jovial sign of friendship spawning between the group as their steps became more aggressive, the prone man groaning in agony as they began the hurling of slurs and bloody murders. Then came a chuckle, the group looked between each other, their eyes narrowed as they tried to figure which one was laughing.

Then came the look, some eyes widened as they looked down, others narrowed, their fists curling as they started to hit with greater force, only for the laughter to groan louder and louder, before coming to silence. A sigh of relief echoing through them before a scream, the whiz of light erupting from the vambraces, the sight of a body twisting and turning at their feet, the sight of men falling over, screams echoing beneath a laughter as the bruised man stood up, his armor covered with dirt and grot caking the man as their bodies slowly fell down to the ground, almost sliding with comical fashion before being stripped of their jackets, "Oh its good to be the king." he declared as he looked over to Drogh, a raised brow as he watched as the man got to work teaching one of the leftover men a lesson.

[member="Desmond C'artyom"]

Des actually hit dead on it and Mephite had to admit he was a little impressed. But odds were that he would've hit something at that range. Then a large chunk of the tunnel nailed the creature in the head. What were the odds of that, he wondered.

The tunnel was coming down rapidly now. Huge pieces of stone fell all around them and Des screamed like a little girl. Mephite had heard a few scream before in his travels. Uncanny how a man could nail that exact pitch.

Puberty usually took care of that falsetto range. Maybe the blue man had missed his calling in life. Singing had to be a lot safer than this. At any rate he grabbed up the Chiss under one arm and began to run.

That was a huge advantage to having a droid body. You could pick up most humanoids pretty easily. The disadvantage came from shorting out due to long submersion in liquids. Such as the water which burst through the walls ahead of them.

A tidal wave of icy water and stone raced towards them. In that moment two things began to happen. Mephite well and truly began to feel fear and panic. He lost control of his faculties in that moment of black dread and became an observer.

A witness to what he thought was his end. But the end didn't come as the water and stone rushed by them. Mephite didn't know what was happening. The Shard could only feel a strange energy encompass them both.

OBJECTIVE II
ALLIES: [member="Abaddon Velshaar"]

Eugene made a wheezing sound that could have either been a chortle or a snort of amusement. It was difficult to tell. Habitual death stick use had its downsides, apparently. Even a few years after being clean. That was life for you: death sticks, hits out on entire gangs, and snarky Jedi in the passenger seats. Eugene got the creeping feeling that he wasn't being paid enough for this, but two grand a jacket sounded like an optimal going rate. Generous, even. If anything, he ought to have been grateful. But he wasn't.

He was willing to bet the Jedi had something to do with that.

Anyone with wizard powers probably wasn't worth trusting, but that wasn't Eugene's call to make these days. Which was good, because if setting hiring standards was his job, there wouldn't be anybody hired for anything. Least of all parties. "Don't think you'd know, doubt you'd get past the door at any 'a the parties I get to go to." Probably. Eugene had not been to a party in ten years. Nowadays when he was done working, he only wanted to sleep. Or a hooker. Or both. Anything beyond that just agitated him these days. There was a rumbling sound as a hoard of swoop bikes made their way down the street.

Right on schedule, there they all were. One of the Dragonsnake ringleaders, plus a cohort of lackies. Captain Brolo Three-Guns was easily distinguishable from the rest of his henchmen from his eyepatches. He had a large one over the top eye on the right side of his face and a small one over the bottom eye on the left side of his face. Eugene could not remember why they called him Three-Guns. Probably had something to do with the two slugthrower holsters on either hip and the one in his shoulder holster... But that one was empty. Weird. It was just a guess, anyway. More had shown up than Eugene anticipated, and they all jostled around and joked outside a minute before filing inside.

The music grew louder and so did the accompanying merrymaking. Terrible shame it was about to be cut short. "How many you think you can kill?" He asked Abaddon absent-mindedly. "I'm bettin', like... Two? Three, tops."

Objective: 4
Others: [member="Saani Kenow"]
|3|

In return Fa Holdings had dealings with the Helix Syndicate in the past.

This was not to say that [member="Pollux"] had notified him abut the efforts of this Republic, no, certainly not. Had Tai asked, he probably would have supplied the information according to their prior agreement, yet, he had not - and the alien was very keen on keeping his business relationships' secrets. It was partially why Tai did business with the Syndicate in the first place, silence and secrecy were two very important things in the life of a Sith.

At any rate, Tai was mostly aware of the Republic's efforts within the Centrality, but not aware enough to realize their interest in the monorail itself yet. Of course, once he knew they were on Erilnar this would soon change; logic dictated they would try to infiltrate any valuable locale. He did not truly care about [member="Saani Kenow"] and her efforts on Erilnar, though. It was much the same as his business relationship with Pollux- as long as they kept their noses out of his business, they could keep on doing what they did, until it started to affect him personally.

The Fa Holdings headquarters on Erilnar was not a secret by any stretch of the imagination, but what it lacked in secrecy it made up by by its unassumedness.

It was a simple three-story building cramped together from almost all sides, landings pads at the back, the most obvious entrance at the front.

When she would walk into the reception hall, the receptionist was already waiting on her behind the table.

Saani Kenow

CSF_underworld.png

Objective 2 Update

[member="Kendall Ginn"] found the back room to be something between bar storage and an armory. Racks of swoop parts, alcohol bottles, and heavy munitions lined the walls, a small fortune in extremely combustible materials. These were the kind of supplies the Confederation would probably pay a lot for - or the kind that, given the right trigger, could probably reduce the bar (and anyone left in it) to a smoking pile of ash. The Dragonsnakes were beginning to file out the main doors now, headed for their swoop bikes, though a few were lingering in the bar; apparently it was a significant location to the gang, one that would be defended even in the case of a full mobilization against the Renatasian invaders.

Outside, the sirens grew deafeningly loud. [member="Thraxis"], [member="Drogh"], [member="Abaddon Velshaar"], and the agents of the [member="Helix Syndicate"] could all see that the Centrality Public Safety Bureau was arriving on the scene, and in force. Blue-striped speeder trucks, reinforced with heavy outer plating, cruised down half a dozen alleyways, turning to block them off. Heavily-armored tactical police squads leapt out of the back, their rapid-fire stunning pulse-wave blasters sweeping the area around them and opening up on anything that moved in bursts of turquoise light. Security droids took point, twirling electrostaffs as they checked corners for their organic counterparts. It had become a hunt for all criminals in the area, and the Public Safety Bureau agents were ready to use extreme force...

Saani Kenow

Objective 4 / Coordinating All Objectives

Saani had lived a rough and tumble life - no formal school, in and out of prison, never an honest job - and she had little time for the niceties of manners or decorum. She strutted casually into the Fa Holdings building, taking in the unassuming structure with hardly more than a glance, and marched right up to the receptionist. Leaning over the desk, she offered a feral smile. "I'm here to renegotiate the monorail contract," she said without preamble. "[member="Tai Fa"] will want to hear my offer." Whether being so brazen would work, she didn't know for sure. She doubted a shadowy, elusive corporate type would appreciate her directness, but it might at least get the avian's attention. And having his attention alone would be a coup in the coming battle for Erilnar's hidden places.

"I'll wait," she said, straightening up, "but I won't wait long." Turning her back to the reception desk and putting a little distance between them so that she could not be easily overheard, she checked her pocket datapad for an update on the progress of her power play. Apparently the CPSB had already been called in; matters with the Dragonsnakes must have been getting heated. Some part of her had hoped to avoid this kind of gang warfare; the Renatasians weren't generally direct fighters. But that was what she had all these mercenaries for, and she had known deep down that someone would try to keep them from moving in. As long as they did enough damage to force the Dragonsnakes to ground, they would prove that their operations here were not to be interfered with.

Subverting the local officials was a quieter job, but several groups seemed to be working on it. Saani was unaware of the activities of [member="Darth Abyss"], as the Children of Korriban had deliberately kept a very low profile on Erilnar, but she would certainly pay them well if they were successful. [member="Nyk"] was in the same position; Saani didn't know quite what this hired gun was working on, but she would be eager to see how it turned out...

|4|

"Lord Fa has been expecting you, miss Kenow." The receptionist spoke up, politely after she had checked whatever she was checking right then and there. "You may go up the floor, the second one, walk down the hall and take the fourth room to your left."

Said receptionist was a Fondorian, and she studied Saani to see if she needed to repeat it, before returning her gaze towards the computer screen in front of her. It had been a logical assumption; you had your crime group silently moving into a world with a large underground infrastructure that was mostly neglected by the government. Not a surprise, it was quite expensive to make the necessary repairs after those vile terrorist attacks a century ago.

Few people had that kind of money after the plague either. The big corporations didn't care about the Centrality, the governments were too busy gorging themselves on the usual worlds like Coruscant.

That left the Centrality mostly fending for itself.

No, Tai was not surprised Saani was coming to see him - a lack of power players in tight corridors practically invited them to bump elbows.

Presumably she followed the receptionist's directions and presumably she didn't wander off too far from the beaten track. A soft tick on the door would be enough for it to swing open; inside was an office, yet, it did not look like the office of the Boss. In fact, it looked like a random, mid-sized cubicle for a random administrative worker.

How strange.

Most of the room would be dominated by the presence of a Balinaka behind the thin figure of Tai Fa himself, who would slowly look up at Saani once she entered.

Kendall had found the jackpot, all this gear and storage was worth a lot of credits, and surely worth even more to the Dragonsnakes. More importantly however, it could send this bar to the stratosphere, and that's what he wanted out of it, after all leaving it to collect for credits wouldn't do any good, the sirens growing louder indicated that this bar would be stripped clean for evidence if it were left standing. That is unless the enforcement were on the gang's side, but after his earlier mistakes he wasn't willing to take his chances anymore, and walked to the closer wall starting to look over any pricier material he should back up before sparking up the place. As he picked up a fairly decent sized repeater. As he was looking this over, the door to the back room swung open, and by the time Kendall looked up he his first host upon him.

"Big mistake little man" The Gommorean growled at him. Kendall swung the repeater in his direction but he was too close by that point and the beast of a creature swiped it aside, letting it land on the floor, continuing to smack Kendall in the chest sending him falling back further into the room.

Kendall smashed into the opposing shelves, causing bottles of alcohol to jitter together, as well as a couple falling and crashing down on the ground beside him. The noise would catch the attention of the Gangers left outside in the cantina, and they'd meet each others eyes confirming the suspicion, a couple beginning an approach toward the door, a Klatooinian leading the group.

Meanwhile the Gammorean followed after the Weequay, and Kendall had no time to regain his bearings in fear of the literally killer swing the man could send, and started to scuttle to the side, trying to get up quickly. He goes along a counter with some swoop parts haphazardly placed around. Before he can completely attain his stance the Gammorean snatches Kendall's leg, making him drop once again, and he starts getting pulled closer along the floor, behind him the large being prepares a heavy overhand swing directed at Kendall's spine. Seeing a fair sized part of a bike hanging over the counter Kendall grabs it, and swing its around behind him, clocking the Gammorean across the face and causing his hit to lose power, simply swinging down into the ground beside Kendall. This didn't buy him much time however as the man squealed and grabbed for Kendall's throat and torso, he picks up the Weequay whole while chocking him with the other hand, swinging him over closer to the door again.

Kendall feels his power quickly leaving, and has only a few moments left, his thought are clouded with regrets and fear of his death in the back of this dirty Swoop bar, but more than anything else a need for survival finds his hand searching for any respite. Soon enough he feels the handle of a Vibro-dagger in the Gammoreans belt, and pulls it out, in a flash of nearly losing consciousness Kendall drives the blade into the ganger's neck, and a chilling squeal fills the room as blood pours from the wound. The grip around his neck is released, and Kendall begins to regain his surroundings. The opportunity doesn't last long as some yelling is heard from the doorway, a Klatooinian is pulling out his weapon at the Weequay, and Kendall by instinct draws his blaster firing into the the doorway, blasting through the being. It falls back but there are more on the way, Kendall quickly stumbles to the door and slams it shut, locking it as quickly as possible. "I have less time than i thought" The Men out in the bar are yelling threats and orders to each other to break open the door.

Objective 2

Having made planetfall less than an hour ago, Daxton wanted to down a few drinks before getting to business. Well to be honest it would probably be a few dozen bottles and trio of compliant buxom female dancers but one couldn't have everything all the time. For some reason that just pissed the hell out of the Sith Lord, so now he was obligated to share the pain and misery with others.

From the shadows he watched the drunk gang members pile out of the bar, a tough looking individual shouting orders which marked him as a leader. Taking aim with the shoulder mounted missile launcher, he pulled the trigger sending a projectile of death and mayhem aimed squarely to the only person competent among the muscleheads to actually lead.

Tossing aside the spent weapon, he activated his personal body shield before charging at the survivors with a lit light saber in either hand. The azure and emerald blades were eager to taste flesh and blood in the service of the dark master, while his aura of dread and despair drained all fight out those who were in his immediate vicinity.

Drogh

D
Idiots, such utter idiots. Maythem was loose, criminals and enforces coming into the fray like madmen. These people are cleary not smart enouth to use the shadows, instead of using the leaders for anything useful, they toss their lives away to casually. Drogh knew that if these idiots didn't start picking up the pieces, the gangsters would soon have their revenge. Attacking all the wrong places and provoking all the wrong people. Soon those ships would fall into the sky and crash, and these idiots thinking that killing gangsters is some how helping?

You can kill a million men and a war will never end, but kill a single general and everything falls to pieces. Drogh needed to inform everyone, so taking out his hologram Drogh waited for the lady to respond, the lady being [member="Saani Kenow"]. She would need to know this, it was clear no one was smart enouth to do anything about it, so she might just be clever enouth to stop it. The man was near crying, Drogh didn't pay him any mind walking away from the buidling, the sounds of explosives and sirens ringined in the air like a bell right to your ear, the roaring of engies got ever louder like a swarm of insects flying in the sky, insainty would hit this city, it would only get worse. Drogh held his hologram firmer, speaking in quiet words. [member="Saani Kenow"] "Get everyone to Hab Block 207 Besh. Drogh pasued for a moment, he looked around him, dashing to quiet dark corner, paranoia sinking into him. "They will be in a sweeper garage, they have missles, they will blow up the ships to a million pieces." "I want my credits to be transferred my account now, just incase."

Desmond watched in utter terror as the walls collapsed and released a torrent of water. Caught in his fear Des became completely rooted to the ground. Before the wave of death could envelop him Mephite grabbed Des and began to run, but not fast enough.

"I CAN'T WATCH! WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!!" Des covered his eyes and waited for the cold steely hand of death.

The wave crashed around them and the waters seemed to part around an invisible bubble. They floated lazily down the newly formed stream and Des took a peek from in between his fingers. They were alive. Desmond felt something wet trickle down his pants and looked to make sure the droid wasn't looking.

"Er... The waves got my pants a little wet," Des checked out the lazy stream and noticed his swoop bike floating down the river as well.

"Thank the force! How'd you do that anyway? Some sort of internal shielding or something?"

[member="Mephite"]

They floated along on that pocket of air, Mephite not quite sure what happened. He turned his head to see the swoop bike there following along. The Shard had been certain he would meet his slow demise here. He was registering it all when [member="Desmond C'artyom"] spoke up.

"I...no, I don't think I do," he said absently. He made a quick check of his systems. No, nothing about personal energy shielding. Mephite was at a loss for what to say until he noticed a platform up ahead.

"Just ahead and to the left," he pointed at the ledge "There's a service door. Only one tunnel is flooded. We could still yet find what we came for."

He turned to regard the Chiss.

"This time, be a little more prudent with your pistol. If you want to live, that is."

Hopefully the vacabulator could express the dripping sarcasm he intended,

Saani Kenow

Objective 4 / Coordinating All Objectives

Saani was about to shut down her communicator when the message from [member="Drogh"] came through. Her breath caught slightly in her throat. Missile launchers? The Dragonsnakes had been better prepared than she had anticipated. Military grade weaponry was heavily restricted on Erilnar, and the swoop gangers didn't have the pull to get it smuggled in; after all, the only local organization that could've pulled that off was Saani's own. That would mean they would have come from somewhere else, from the only group on Erilnar that owned them already... Saani half smiled and half gasped. The CPSB. It had to be. And since no massive break-in at a state armory had taken place (her agents would have noticed), that left only one possibility: the Centrality had sold weapons to gangsters.

"Your payment has been transferred," Saani told the dark mercenary, making it so with her other hand. Twenty thousand credits was a steep price for information, but catching the Centrality with its pants down like this was worth at least as much as two prominent officials twisted over to her side. Taking a deep, steadying breath, she contained her excitement. It wasn't over yet, and plenty could still go wrong. Calmly she opened a general channel to all the mercenaries she had hired, sending out a blanket message for any of them to hear.

"An arms deal is going down at Hab Block 207 Besh in the speeder garage. I'll pay thirty thousand for holorecordings of it, and another twenty to kill everyone there when you're done. The missile launchers they're selling are yours to keep. Be there in the next half hour or you'll miss your window."
She had no idea if that was true, but she wanted to create a sense of urgency. That piece of business complete, she deactivated her comm and turned to follow the receptionist's directions. The office of [member="Tai Fa"] was as unassuming as the building that housed it, but Saani could somehow feel the power that radiated from the mysterious avian even without considering the hulking Balinak bodyguard behind him. "Tai Fa," she said, offering a polite nod as she lounged against the doorframe of the office, "I'm told you've been expecting me. I assume you'll also know what I want to talk to you about. We have what looks like a conflict of interest: you want the monorail to be shiny and new, and I want it to stay dark. But maybe we can make a deal."

Objective: 2
Allies: [member="Drogh"]
The whizz, the all too familiar sound of the police forming into a seething mass around there area. His eyes widened as he listened to their mechanical voices erupt with orders, they had already taken the alleyways. "Maybe should have taken another approach to this..." he muttered as with hasted steps ran to his bag, a finger gripping the undercarriage of the strap as he pulled it overhead, looking back and fourth to only see one hope. The Swoop Bike...

His sparked to life, the sound of sirens buzzing in the air and the continuous cries of the Dragoon Swoopers behind him, "Yeah, you ain't getting this back." he yelled as the engine began to purr, then screeched, then finally came to a roar. As it came to life he felt it slowly gain altitude, its ascension through the sky's making him a visible target, before slow, turned to a blinding speed. Slowly he pounced over the buildings, a sense of both relief and panic washing over him as he watched the police below, "Oh boy. I need to find a ship off of here as soon as I can..." he mumbled before a message appeared, a hand quickly running down as the vehicle momentarily lost control, before regaining control as he skimmed across a building, the sight of everyday busybodies looking widened eyes as they almost became roadkill.

A slight moan was echoed as he read the message, "Well.... this is what I signed up for I suppose..." he groaned as he quickly made a gyrated motion, the swoop bike twisting and turning as it continued its speeding motion through the air ways, heading straight for Hab Block 207.

|5|

Moments passed and then finally the words came.

Fa inclined his beak slightly as he listened, before cocking his head to the side. It was difficult to assess the temperament of the criminal sorts running around the Galaxy these days, you had the even ones like Pollux who stayed calm and collected, the remnants of the Ties who were insane and perhaps the Thirriken had found another soul that was not prone towards needless butchery.

Who stayed pragmatic in the face of difficulty.

The Sith would like that very much, yes, because at the end of the day his operations within the Centrality would get increasingly more difficult, if he had to purge it from these outlaws.

"I welcome you, Queen.
You can speak, I may listen.
We could have accords.

Curiosity.
I feel it keenly right now.
What deal do you bring?"
His wings folded into each other as the Lord Fa waited patiently for her retort.

There were several options here that they could work to make this a mutually beneficial transaction. Yet, he wondered if she would be creative enough to see the opportunities that laid before them - it was quite clear from where he was perching, that this one was not a friend to the government of the Centrality. He, a Sith, was an animal of opportunity himself.

Oh, Tai would work within the framework of the law, because it was cleaner.

But he did not mind stepping out of it, when it was prudent or necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom