Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Limit Submissions Per

So, it looks like there are waaaay too many submissions in the Tech area right now...and it's very messy looking. I understand that Staff reserves the right to get to it when they get to it.

But there needs to be a limit on how many submissions an account can place, it's backing up the Tech area. 7 pages of Tech Submissions.....7 pages.....and a good majority of them are from the same accounts just...blasting submissions left and right. If I'm not mistaken we had a submission limit back in the day, and I believe it was there for good reason, and we're seeing why now. I understand that Tech is usually the most popular area of submissions, and that's awesome that people are using it! But this is just crazy now.

I admit to being guilty of this, though I try not to go crazy with subs. The bulk of Technology is weapons/armor creation - after creating a new character, making combat gear for them is often one of the first steps writers take. Every Jedi/Sith has to build their own lightsaber. It's considered a necessity.

Someone already suggested breaking up the Tech category. I would be in favor of separating Weapons/Armor from Gadgets, or something along those lines. (Weapons and armor, after all, are a separate beast when it comes to judging - you're more likely to have issues with power gaming when it comes to combat gear than, say, a personalized commlink.) But limiting how many subs you can make per account isn't a terrible idea. I sorely doubt it will be popular, but if it gets any worse, yeah, it may have to be done. Get some more judges in on it to even things out.

If I'm not mistaken we had a submission limit back in the day

The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner This was lifted awhile ago when the Factory had gone through a reform and became everything useable until judged and deemed not. So there's no reason for a limit because of this. Doing this allowed the judges to have the time to work their way through the factory along with not hindering people's use of the items posted. If something terribly broken is submitted then used, us as a community can report it and the judges and admin can deal with it appropriately.

I understand your concern, but the system has been worked to provide the best situation for both judges/staff & community members.

ezgif.com-gif-maker_5.gif

The Red of Sinner The Red of Sinner This was lifted awhile ago when the Factory had gone through a reform and became everything useable until judged and deemed not. So there's no reason for a limit because of this. Doing this allowed the judges to have the time to work their way through the factory along with not hindering people's use of the items posted. If something terribly broken is submitted then used, us as a community can report it and the judges and admin can deal with it appropriately.

I understand your concern, but the system has been worked to provide the best situation for both judges/staff & community members.

Fair enough, to be totally honest....I had forgotten there was a soft approval now...Ooops.....

Just popping in to confirm what Allyson said, although I can't say it much better than her.

The factory works on an auto-approval process, that is to say, that all submissions can be used the moment they are posted to the active judging forums. This allows you to use your submission without having to wait for a judge to get to it in the way that the factory used to work. This relieves pressure on staff, while at the same time allowing the community to create submissions to heir heart's content. While Tech Creation does tend to back up, this system works well for everyone involved.

If something is sufficiently broken then it will be called by the judges. If the forum backs up to much then staff will make a call on a mass approval to clear up the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom