Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Like Old Times

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric had no answer, looking down as he chuckled. Some half-hearted attempt to hide the grin. He only looked up again once the tailor stepped away. Valery’s defense of her fashione made him raise his hands passively, “Oh, of that I have no doubt,” There was no helping a look at her current outfit. It was form-fitting, contoured to her figure and leaving little of her silhouette to the imagination. He certainly couldn’t complain. Aldric pried his eyes away after a few moments, “Just… a different kind of style.”

Valery herself affirmed her preferences just a few moments later, and he shot her a momentary raise of his brows, “Mhm.” He listened more genuinely as she continued, adding his own seal of approval, “I can picture it now. Can’t wait to see the real deal,” Aldric cut himself off and shook his head before he got too far ahead of himself.

The agent took his suit and stepped in front of a mirror, putting in on to admire the sartorial flair, “Yeahhh…” He straightened out the front, “This feels right.” He snatched a tie from the rack, lining it up with his collar to get a sense of how it looked, “Tie or no tie? Eh what the hell, might as well have a spare in case I’m feeling it.” He let the tie hang loosely over his shoulders for now, turning back to give the tailor a nod, “Thank you, sir. This is perfect.” The suit itself made him feel a little more settled into the role. The superspy was back.

It was Valery’s turn next, and Aldric took up her post to watch. The tailor had a comment of his own to add, and this time it made the agent’s face far redder than anything before. They both left him in a beat of silence, a bit awkward, though the tailor himself didn't’ seem to even recognize it. Finally Aldric spoke, “We’re, uh-” Or not. Or maybe, “Uh- We’re… coworkers.” His voice trailed off as he rubbed the nape of his neck. Not that those things were mutually exclusive.

Val_Header.png

Outfit | Weapon | Appearance

ValSword.png

Val-Prof_1.png
Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"Ah, I see." The man chuckled again, making it sound like he was either not convinced of the answer at all, or it was whatever to him either way. Valery was just happy that Aldric had said something because she was still awfully quiet in an attempt to keep herself from making dumb sounds or noises from embarrassment. After a few moments passed, though, she finally glanced over her shoulder, noticing that he was looking at her as well.

Good, she thought.

"The uh, suit looks really nice," she said, which drew another chuckle from the elderly man Valery chose to intentionally ignore. "I also think you should at least keep the tie. You know, for the classic choking-out move." She blinked and looked at the tailor with an apologetic smile. She was being serious, but it likely was weird to hear that out loud for him.

The tailor shifted down from bust to her waist and thighs, forcing Valery to turn her head back around real quick before she could see any kind of response to that. But not long after, he finished, mumbled something, and left to grab together the pieces that she wanted.

"That was uh... awkward, huh?" she whispered nervously so the shopkeeper didn't overhear.

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
The old man seemed unconvinced. Apparently the thought of these two offensively attractive people arriving together platonically was an unlikely one. Or he just wasn’t stupid. The little back and forth, the wayward glances, were probably more easily translated by an outside observer. Aldric just rested his elbow in one hand, and used his other hand to hide his mouth. But he couldn’t quite avert his eyes as Valery stood there in front of him.

Her sudden compliment made him blink, “...Thanks. It is,” Aldric nodded to the tailor as another thanks for his efforts. It felt good. Stylish, and well-fitted. Her half-joke about a choke out received a few taps of Aldric’s finger against his temple. A strange thing to have to consider in their line of work, but one that remained a genuine possibility, “Smart.” He chuckled.

The tailor stepped away once again, and Aldric idly stepped a bit closer to hear her whisper. He chuckled awkwardly, “...Yeah…Awkward…That’s what I was gonna say…” There was an evident lack of confidence in that claim.

Well, it was awkward. But…

"What uh-- What are you thinking?" A strange pause, before he scrambled to clarify, "Er, for lunch. What are you thinking for lunch?"

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"...Yeah…Awkward…That's what I was gonna say…"

She looked up at him, almost expectantly now — the tone suggested that wasn't really what he was thinking, so he left Valery very curious, and she made no effort to hide that. But at the same time, she couldn't strike up to courage to be direct and ask about it either, so the question remained in the back of her mind, and the conversation shifted.

"I think I'll get changed, and we can keep these suits on-" she paused and grinned nervously when he clarified. "Oh right, lunch." She nodded and gave it some thought.

"There are some cute places down the street, where we can either sit inside or even outside." She had visited them with Padawans and friends before, so she knew where to go and what to avoid around here.

Then the shopkeeper returned, catching the two even closer while they talked softly to each other. His usual chuckle followed, and he offered Valery the clothing she had requested. "Be riiiight back." And without wasting a second, she scurried off into a dressing room, where the brief moment alone allowed her to recover from any lingering nervousness or awkwardness. She changed from her own unique Jedi outfit into her new formal wear and stepped out again.

"...and?" she asked, hoping to gain his approval. "How do I look?" she smiled and turned around on her feet to show the sides and back a little. "...for mission purposes, of course..."

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric could see that lingering curiosity. But neither of them were quite ready to confront it directly, it seemed, and so the deeper meaning remained unanswered. There was another beat of awkwardness as he failed to make his question initially clear. He gave her a nervous smile of his own, pulling at his collar. Was it getting hot in here?

She saved him with a genuine answer, however, and Aldric nodded, “You’d know better than me.” He hadn’t been on Coruscant in years. That conversation was put on hold, though, as the tailor returned. Aldric pulled away just a moment too late, earning a chuckle from the old man. Val took off to change, leaving him standing awkwardly alongside the tailor. He gave Aldric an amused look, “...What?” He finally caught notice, asking genuinely. But the man just chuckled and shook his head, walking off to go put away his things. Aldric pursed his lips at the reaction, trying to recompose when Val walked back in.

He had no reaction at first. Not audibly anyway, though perhaps the slight parting of his lips and his blatant stare was notable in its own right. His eyes traced her movements, not even realizing at first. But he snapped back to reality, “You look…” Stunning. “...Great. Won’t know what hit ‘em.” He toned it back slightly, but the compliment was no less genuine.

“Ah- Thank you for your help, sir,” He called back to the tailor, using the excuse to avert his gaze from Valery. Inevitably, it returned back to her though, “...Shall we?”

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Aldric Laurent

When Valery returned, there was a brief look of surprise as she searched for the shopkeeper, who had seemingly walked away for some reason. But rather quickly, she focused on the man whose opinion actually mattered to her. He seemed lost in thought, and he was definitely staring, but in this case that only brought out a warm smile.

Maybe a slight blush that added to her look.

"I'm glad you like it," she tugged at her collar and seemed genuinely happy because of the compliment. Sometimes, the little things and compliments just made the biggest difference. And right now, this is what she really desired or perhaps even needed in her life as well. So with that happiness radiating out from her eyes and smile, Valery stepped closer to him by the time he had finished thanking the shopkeeper. The bill would be sent to the Alliance, and they were on their way to get lunch.

"Hmm, I know a good place. They have the best coffee and tea, and their sandwiches are pretty good. They have hot meals too though if that's your thing for lunch," she said as they began to walk down the street, dressed far more formally than most, but it made them stand out in a good way.

It also made it a little more obvious why the shopkeeper made his comments.

"You know..." she said as they continued to walk. "This day has been really fun," she decided to admit openly. "It has been a while since I felt this relaxed and good about things." Her smile settled on his emerald eyes now, moments before she'd push open the doors of the shop.

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric nodded a little too eagerly in agreement. But she seemed receptive, happy even, “Told you a suit’d look good on you,” He felt confident enough to add. His smile subconsciously widened in response to her own. Irregardless of whatever else he might be feeling right now, Aldric was just genuinely glad to see someone he cared about feeling good. She deserved a bit of happiness.

They took their leave, sending the expenses to the Alliance and coming out in style. At Valery’s suggestion, Aldric could practically feel his stomach’s approval, Sandwich. I could kill for a sandwich right now.” A pause, he joked, “Metaphorically.”

Already he was back to playing sentry. Both out of his usual instincts, but also in the event that anyone else started giving Valery a hard time. Her comment made him do a double take, snapping him out of his constant scanning. Aldric blinked, then smiled, “I’m glad. You deserve some of that,” He voiced aloud, risking another fall into those fiery eyes, “Wouldn’t expect something like this to be this fun, but-- You’re right. It has been… Thanks for bringing me back, Val.” They entered the shop right after, and Aldric made a beeline for a corner booth. A spot that kept them out of sight, while offering a large field of view around them.

More spy training seeping into his day-to-day.

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"Of course... metaphorically," she smirked and glanced down at his stomach as if to say that she could hear it disagreeing with that statement. But her eyes quickly drifted back up, and she'd turn to head into the shop. His eyes scanning their surroundings, and his positioning keeping people from easily following her did not escape her, and it was something she quietly decided to appreciate, and take note of.

Her statement about how great of a time she was having did seem to snap him out of sentry mode, though, and that drew a soft chuckle from her. "Of course. I'm happy that you agreed. In difficult times, it's important to keep friends close, hm?" she asked, now unable to resist looking up into his eyes again. So much about him was... attractive to her, to say the least, but there was something about his eyes that really made her heart skip beats.

The two then entered the shop, where he was quick to find them a quieter spot in the corner. She sat down, grabbed a menu, and leaned forward over the table, so she could show him as well, "The club sandwich is great, but they let you assemble them entirely too," she said before her eyes shifted up to see his reaction.

"Good afternoon, can I get you two anything to drink while you look at the menu?" a waitress asked with her eyes shifting to Aldric. Valery smiled and let him order first, but she wanted some fruity juice.

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric concurred, "Farm life is nice, but… I'd be lying if I said the company wasn't sorely missing," Hers especially. The agent smirked, finding his own irresistible appeal in Valery's eyes. Cool green doused burning orange, but could not extinguish it. He felt the rush. Losing his cool. But their transition into the restaurant saved him, letting his focus turn elsewhere.

Aldric slid in after Valery, fetching a menu of his own, but quickly finding his mind made up with her suggestion, "That so…" He thrummed low in approval, a faint, hungry grin curling at his lip. The waitress stole his attention a moment later, and with little thought, Aldric shrugged, "Just a water for me, thank you." He looked to Valery next, then once they had both given their order and the waitress left, he glanced at the menu and asked, "Anything in particular looking good to you?"

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"Well..." she began with a shimmer in her eyes, "Maybe next time you go back, you won't be alone." She wanted to bring it in a way that didn't sound too suggestive, but with a blush coloring her cheeks red, that idea probably failed a little. Valery also knew about his divorce, and that could have sparked a desire to be alone, or at least romantically alone. But she couldn't imagine a completely quiet life. Even without a husband or partner, she still had Vera.

But whatever it was that he truly desired, she wasn't going to push the subject too much, for both their sakes... she was already feeling more heat than she could handle.

"The fruit shake for me, please," she asked of the waitress before looking back at Aldric.

"Anything in particular looking good to you?"

You.

She couldn't say that out loud, but the way she stared at him in silence for a few seconds probably conveyed those thoughts to some extent.

"Hmm, the club sandwich with chicken, I think. It's pretty big but... I eat quite a lot," she smiled sheepishly, but it was probably not that strange. To stay in good shape, she'd have to eat a lot, after all. "What about you?"

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
"Maybe next time you go back, you won't be alone."

Aldric felt his heart punch into his ribcage. Suggestive or not, the thought was open enough to interpretation. She blushed, and he glanced away toward the window, but the smile on his face couldn't be hidden, "Yeah… Maybe…"

The divorce had been tough for him. Love was the most rewarding of all emotions, but also the most painful. He and his wife cared for each other, but the stress, the long hours, all took their toll. After a while she just couldn't live with it anymore. Aldric couldn't blame her. If letting her go is what could give her the happiness she needed, then so be it. But it did little to dull the sting. For years he accepted his loneliness. But now…

"Anything in particular looking good to you?"

You.

A part of him almost hoped that was the answer Valery would give aloud. Not even he could escape a bit of wishful daydreaming. But they let their little game continue unspoken, and Aldric let his focus be reigned in to reality, "Great minds think alike. You already won me over when you first mentioned it. Although I'm thinking... turkey, instead." The waitress returned not long after with their drinks in tow, and he made just such an order.

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"Yeah… Maybe…"

They were both circling around actually making any direct moves, but Valery was far too nervous and excited all at the same time to notice. She had never been good at flirting or even going through the various phases of a relationship. The way hers formed with Kahlil was very... unusual, and no other relationship she had before that ever got far beyond just friends.

So right now, she actually wasn't really sure how he felt, and that sparked the desire to know, as well as the fear of feelings being one-sided. But she also tried to keep convincing herself to take things slowly, so that was all the excuse her conflicted mind needed to not just be open about her feelings.

"Turkey is great, too," she smiled and turned to accept her drink from the waitress. She set the cold glass down and maneuvered the straw between her lips before those flaming eyes focused on him again. She sipped slowly and just seemed to enjoy this little moment of looking into his eyes. "So uh, the mission..." She had almost forgotten.

"The Empire is building a new superweapon, so there will be a lot to do to stop that from developing. Some infiltration missions, sabotaging key factories, and maybe even taking out scientists. I plan to get involved but I could use a good partner..." she said, letting her voice trail off while she sipped from her drink again and continued to stare at him.

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
"Chicken's a good choice, too," Aldric added, as if looking for some way to compliment her choice without complimenting her too directly. He couldn't help but find some dumb amusement in his own effort. As the waitress dropped off their drinks, he was once again reminded that there was in fact more to all of this than a nice lunch and a day out.

"Right…" Not just any mission. An Imperial superweapon. The thought was far from pleasing. The thought of working alongside Valery, though…? "Well, you didn't drag me back out here for nothing," Aldric winked, daring just a little further. This wasn't just a one-off. If she was bringing him into the fold, that meant they'd be working together. Closely. The reminder brought an unintentional smirk to the corner of his lip, though it disappeared quickly after.

"Gotta any leads to start on? And just what kind of superweapon are we talking about, exactly?"

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Aldric Laurent

The way he smirked but especially the wink sent another wave of heat through her entire body. So much so, that the parting of her lips unintentionally meant her straw fell out from between her lips, making it obvious that she was feeling something. With a smile, she hoped to keep him distracted, while she tried to quickly find the right words.

"I uh, definitely didn't," she said with a nod before her lips found the straw again. "This weapon is some kind of super laser, powerful enough to blow apart entire fleets. We lost a lot of people, and they even blew up a good portion of their own fleet too," Valery said with a slight furrowing of her brows. "If they are allowed to develop it further, I'm sure even celestial bodies are at risk."

It wouldn't be the first time in Galactic History that weapons capable of blowing up moons or planets were built. They couldn't allow it to happen again.

"There are some facilities and factories we need to hit, but we might have to find clues still as well. Especially for where the real weapon is being built." She paused for a moment, as she spotted the waitress approaching with their food in the corners of her eyes. The sandwiches were set down, and they were left alone again.

"At the same time, we're also planning moves against the Maw... some big ones too." One of which she was heavily involved in, but she couldn't tell him everything. Not yet, anyway. "We have a few targets to hit, so we can keep ourselves busy out there... if you don't mind being stuck with me for a while." She smirked confidently, but these kinds of comments were just helping her test the waters more and more.

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric's smile widened as he saw the straw drop from her mouth. His eyes flicked away as if to spare her too much notice. But the way he grinned, there was more to it than just a friendly courtesy. Charming and playful, yet even a little shy. Aldric wasn't dumb; He recognized his handsome features. It was a part of his arsenal as an effective agent. But he didn't want to be too quick to assume that there was more to her interest than that. Maybe it just seemed too good to be true. A woman like Val was one in a million. His eyes slowly drifted back to her; No matter how often he tried, eventually they always did.

And here they were trying to talk about a weapon of mass destruction. This life was certainly interesting, to say the least, "Intentionally?" Aldric asked, regarding the Empire's wanton friendly fire. It wouldn't surprise him, really. When push came to shove, people like them would throw their own to the wolves, if it meant saving their own hides. Power corrupts. And empires were all about power.

"Sounds like you've got quite the busy schedule," A war on two fronts. The Empire and the Maw. Busy was an understatement. Aldric took a big bite of his sandwich, momentarily becoming lost in the taste. He hadn't eaten something like this in years. The agent had to restrain himself from getting a little too ravenous. Her last comment made him freeze, and after a moment he swallowed his bite and grinned, "Stuck with you?" Aldric planted his elbows against the table, "...I'm sure we can find a way to make it work." That smirk again.

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Aldric Laurent

He looked away, yet his grin only widened and she could feel all kinds of emotions flowing through the Force. She didn't like tapping into it just to read people, but with powerful emotions, it required no conscious effort. They freely flowed between them and they were clear as day, but still, she struggled just... accepting them. Maybe it was because of how nervous this made her, or perhaps deep down she felt reluctance over pursuing anything after losing her husband.

Kahlil would haunt her like a ghost if she didn't try to be happy and allow herself to find love again, but it was still so hard to take that step, even if she really wanted to. Aldric wasn't just incredibly attractive to the eye, but it was as if the Force had pushed the perfect man into her life, with the personality that got even Valery to lose her confidence.

Unlike many she knew, he also seemed like the type who could be a father, which would be crucial... and she was thinking 100 steps ahead already.

She was quick to snap out of the trance and watched him lean forward onto his elbows, which got her to freeze up. Too nervous to lean forward, and not wanting to lean back. "Uhm, their friendly fire was an accident, a costly one," Valery finally said before she hid her face behind her sandwich to take a bite and just breathe.

"We'll make it work, but maybe we should start with something simpler. Just to, you know, get back in the swing of things together again? The underworld is always busy too."

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
"No doubt," Aldric added. Reckless, too. Only more proof that they couldn't be allowed to have something this powerful. It worked in the Alliance's favor this time, but next time? It could be much worse for everyone.

His brow perked up at Val's suggestion. "Simple. Yeah. Sure." He nodded, "What have we got on the board? I'm game for anything as long as we're uh…" Together. No, too forward? Aldric switched gears, "Er, as long as... you've got my back." Now it was his turn to hide behind a bite of his sandwich.

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Aldric Laurent

"What have we got on the board? I'm game for anything as long as we're uh…"

She perked up a little, getting out from behind her food to look at him without her expressions being hidden. Every time their conversation hit these types of moments, she felt a sudden rush of energy, but so far, they avoided pushing things too far each time as well. It kept her excited, but also a little anxious.

"I'll always have your back," she said with a faint blush before she quickly bit into her food again.

"But hmm, why not something where you can wear that nice suit of yours?" she asked with a smirk, "We heard a new casino is being opened on Nar Shaddaa but it's run by the Hutts. Some shady figures will be in attendance, and we were hoping to gain some intel out of them." The mission was important, but there was a slightly more selfish reason for this choice as well. She could either show off a little in this new suit, or even a dress would be appropriate.

"But we can also dive straight into the Maw and its plans if you prefer that."

ValSword.png

Aldric Laurent

A
Aldric felt a slight flutter at her answer, "Wouldn't have it any other way." Having her close was appealing for more than a few reasons. Her skill as an agent was genuinely one of them. A skilled shadow, and Jedi master, sometimes it was hard to envision her as anything less than invincible. Yet here she was, hiding her blush behind a club sandwich while they talked. It made Aldric feel a bit invincible, too.

Val's suggestion got a rise out of the agent, "Nar Shaddaa," He echoed. "I can't think of a better way to get back in the game. As long as it doesn't involve us sitting in a bar corner for the entire night." Another callback to their last trip there. Aldric bit into his food, nodding contentedly, "Really is just like old times." Hopefully not just like. Sometimes a few changes were… more than welcome.

Outfit | XoXo
Location | Coruscant
Tag | Aldric Laurent

There was that sparkle in her eye again, and his agreement to take on the mission on Nar Shaddaa really got her to excitedly shift around in her seat a little. This was going to be like old times, but hopefully even better. More than anything, she hoped this mission together would break barriers and apprehension, so they could really express themselves and figure out what they wanted.

Well... she already knew what she wanted, but she hoped the feelings would be mutual, and that one of them could strike up the courage to say something or ask the other out.
Please let it be him.

"There is a lot of gambling, but...." she paused and bit her lip briefly, again without realizing it, but this time without hiding it as well. "We could always dance..." she suggested, her voice a little softer. "Get some drinks, fit into the crowd, you know?" Yeah, that totally was the reason why she proposed it.

"It'll be like the old times." Except better, and laced with exciting emotions. "We get in, don't draw the wrong kind of attention, and we get what we need. Just involves breaking into some high-security rooms, but no big deal, right?" She grinned with all of her usual confidence again. It was much easier talking about the actual mission.

ValSword.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom