Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lightning Strikes Twice

4bfdcf8cce648a2e9eac12dee441d61418944fd4.png

//: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru //:
ZBGxz0L.png
The walk wasn’t far. The cafe was a place Quinn often frequented when she was in Sith space. A few flights of stairs later, Quinn opened the door to her decently sized apartment, casually furnished with a living room, a kitchen, and in the distance down the hall, a bedroom. A full-sized harp would reside next to the large open window that had a cityscape view in the living room.

It was apparent that the young royal maintained her comfortable living.

Quinn shut the door behind them, and she removed the coat she was wearing, hanging it on a hook near the door. Then, walking by Alina, she moved into the kitchen and towards one of the coolers, searching for drinks. As she passed, she let their arms graze softly, insinuating her intentions. “Hmm, I have chilled wine if you’re interested,” She leaned into the cooler box and pulled out the wine and a couple of glasses.

“I was surprised you assumed I called you just for a booty call, you know that?” Quinn shrugged as she poured the wine. “My intentions of calling you were pretty spontaneous - I really had no intention - to be fair, I honestly didn’t think you’d show up.”

Offering the second glass, Quinn took a sip of hers. “What made you show? Especially if you thought I was only calling for relations?”

370d9lz.png

A short, quiet walk. Alina kept to herself for the most part. Her hand stayed in Quinn's, the only real indication that she was at least here in the moment. Squeezing here and there as they walked. Once inside she looked around, curiously taking in just what Quinn's apartment would look like. She wasn't sure what she expected. Her own estate was far too lavish for her own tastes, and seeing that the Princess's room was more comfortable brought a faint smile to her lips.

She'd have to ask Quinn to help redecorate the Tremiru Estate.

"Vintage?" For a moment she seemed serious, then flashed a grin. A little bit of posh humor. Though, at the same time it bared her unnaturally sharp fangs. Another 'gift' of her new form. It was interesting to think that they hadn't seen each other since her change, at least in a real conversation. "Yes, a glass sounds nice."

Alina cleared her throat, glancing off. There was almost a shade of red on her cheeks, too faint to tell for certain. "I didn't know or assume why you called me." She took up her glass, taking a longer sip than probably necessary.

"I just wanted to see you again. Seeing you happy with your life was a comfort. I didn't.. I am sorry that it didn't last."

“Wanted to see me?” Quinn repeated the question showing her surprise. Never in this galaxy would she have taken Alina to miss someone or want to see them. Their interactions weren’t exactly friendly, and knowing that Taeli had pitted them against each other. Quinn was sure that Alina had never wanted to see her again. It made the Echani’s pale cheeks blushed as she smiled behind the rim of the glass, trying to hide.

Eyes caught the fangs, and an eyebrow raised. “You’ve changed.” She added. Wonder if Alina would follow her train of thought. Quinn chuckled as she placed the glass down and swirled the liquid. “Seems we both just wanted to see each other. I have to admit seeing you at the masquerade party reminded me how much I wanted to see you. I fought it for quite some time - thinking that if I called you, you’d be sent to come to kill me or something as your big test as a Sith.”

She stopped, and a hand reached out and patted Alina’s arm, then pointed towards her mouth. “Do they have a function, or are they just to scare people? Not going to lie, they look good on you either way.”

370d9lz.png

They weren't friendly, but Alina felt that kinship when they first met. The struggle of having a mother too influential in the Sith. Though, Quinn certainly had the more important parent. It wasn't just kinship, but also sympathy. Of the two, Quinn certainly had the higher standards to live up to. Seeing the prudish woman have a chance at happiness made Alina feel like she could too.

Selfish, perhaps, but the care behind it was real.

Alina blinked, glancing herself over. Right. She really had. A half giggle escaped her at the idea of this being a trial, though. She sipped her wine before shaking her head. "Well it's a good thing I so prefer you alive and smiling." A tease? At this point Alina didn't see a reason to keep a professional wall up. She reached up then, touching one of her fangs.

"They draw blood. I need to feast on Anima, and blood is the most direct way." It was a casual fact of life now. She took another sip of her wine before flashing another smile, this one more nervous. "I hope that doesn't disturb you. I needed to become something.. More to survive."

Quinn laughed playfully. It wasn’t a reaction that most people would have when faced with someone who said they consumed blood. Quinn had seen some exciting things, with her adventure into the Netherworld and her first real relationship - this was nothing out of the ordinary. She tilted her head and continued to smile. Everything that had happened while they were away from each other had some meaning.

Alina became stronger, found a way to survive despite the cards that were dealt her. The sacrifices she made were something many wouldn’t even consider. A look of admiration came from the princess as she drew closer to the vampiress. “I’m far from disturbed, Alina, so don’t worry.” She tilted her head as she spoke and mused over the circumstances that forced the woman to venture down this path.

“I’m forever intrigued by you.” Quinn caressed Alina’s cool cheek with the back of her fingertips. The hand fell back to her glass as she shrugged. “Are you hungry then?” Remembering that they had tea, she was unsure how often feeding was necessary.

370d9lz.png

For just a moment Alina's eyes fluttered closed. The gentle feeling of Quinn's caress on her cheek. Bit by bit she was letting her guard down. She wanted to, that much was obvious. At this point, following Quinn home like she had, she didn't see a reason not to drop her guard. The only reason she didn't was because of the hollow words in the back of her mind. Instilled through the years of training to be a Sith. That this was a trap. That there was something greater at play to get her guard down. That Quinn very well could be trying to manipulate her now that she had a station of power.

But she refused to listen to them. She didn't want to live her life like that.

A sly smile formed as her eyes focused onto Quinn's. She reached up, taking the Echani's hand, stopping it from lowering away. Alina turned her head, briefly brushing her lips against Quinn's wrist. Her golden gaze flashed dangerously as she whispered her teasing words.

"Are you asking me to bite you, princess?"

Quinn caught her breath, seeing Alina finally respond to her advances. The feeling of her lips so close to the tender part of her wrist made her heart race. Yet, the Princess kept her composure and played along. “Tsk tsk, not just yet.” She gently scolded the woman and pulled her hand away. “You’ve already made it clear that I’m not on the menu this evening.”

She teased Alina for the comment she had made back at the cafe. Quinn wondered if Alina regretted her previous statement. Only time would tell, but she was enjoying the tiny back and forth between them. “We can find you something to eat later if you’re that hungry.” Shrugging, Quinn finished her glass.

“What are your goals, Alina? What are you trying to accomplish that you’d go this far to completely change what you are to be stronger - to survive. What do you have to survive?” Quinn tilted her head curiously; her voice showed her concern. Knowing what Vesta went through when they were together, she was hesitant to get into something that would tax on her as much as that relationship did.

“You asked me what we were - are, I want to know what you think?”

370d9lz.png

A soft exhale escaped Alina's lips as Quinn pulled away. The only sign she'd give that might hint towards regret to her earlier statement. But the smile remained, light. Playful. She was enjoying this back and forth just as much. It made it feel more.. Real. And real was what Alina needed right now. She leaned back in her seat, lifting her glass to once more take a sip.

"Someone you mean. I'm sure I'll find someone I can really let my teeth sink into."

She again flashed her fangs, enjoying the teasing sort of atmosphere. While it lasted at least. Her eyes fell at the question, the smile fading for a moment. "It's not an easy question. At first, surviving my mother. Then, surviving the wars. Surviving being Sith. I just.. All I wanted was to stop the young of the Sith from being so callously killed. The things I do now? They don't help that."

She closed her eyes. What she'd become evolved into something far different from why she took the path to begin with. They opened after a moment, watching her.

"I'm not sure. It's been a long time since we last saw each other. .. Friends. That's what I think this is. .. And I hope something more?" She hesitated before saying the last part, but not before catching her eye.

The sense of victory swelled within the young Varanin. However, seeing the disappointment etch its way across Alina’s face when her hand was pulled away made Quinn smirk.

“Yes, someone.” She responded under her breath before Alina continued. The thought that her counterpart fed on the life force of someone finally hit the Princess. It was an exciting change in the dynamic, but in essence, everyone ate someone at some point. However, the thought process was far too deep for her after a glass of wine, so she resigned to think about it later.

Quinn listened intently, watching the way Alina’s voice changed along with her expression. The young empath gathered that the woman before her was tired, stretched far too thin without a moment to breath. Moreover, the galaxy was enormous, far too large for someone to change it alone. Nevertheless, everything was slowly making sense, and Quinn nodded.

“Ambitious. But as always, you’ve succeeded in almost everything you’ve set your mind to.” Quinn wasn’t one to compliment, but it felt good to try and do so with her former rival. “I’m sure you’ve been asked this before, but why not leave the Sith? They’re monsters that would devour their young if it meant they’d survive another day.” They both had seen it in a sense, Quinn saw what happened in the academy, on the battlefield, and she wasn’t strong enough to survive it.

“The academy was ruthless and cutthroat - every day was hell, luckily I had protection there for the most part.” Quinn nodded; she remembered briefly seeing Alina once or twice around campus; for a moment, she wondered how things would have been different if they would have interacted. However, Alina had answered her more pressing question, and Quinn wrinkled her nose with a grin.

“And what is this more that you wish for Ms. Tremiru?”

370d9lz.png

She let herself smile at the compliment. In truth, given their past interactions and the usual hard edge Quinn had around her, she wasn't used to the kinder side of the princess. She didn't mind it, of course. Really, it just showed how different Quinn had gotten. How much she herself had changed. There was a time she was literally fighting for Quinn's approval. She still felt like she had to a bit, but, well. At least she could smile around Quinn now.

"Leave the Sith.. .." It was far from the first time she'd been asked that. Every time she'd fought against it. Saying that she needed to change the Sith from within. That through power was the only way. Her expression fell as she looked down, her eyes full of a mix of regret and sadness. "This is the only life I know. I wouldn't know what to do with myself otherwise."

Alina let out a heavy sigh as she tapped the table just beside her glass. A nervous tick to keep her attention. She blinked at Quinn's next question though, looking up with a 'huh?' expression before her cheeks turned a shade of red. It wasn't just a faint blush. Too caught up in her own mind about her troubles she wasn't prepared to continue that discussion. So, she didn't have time to prepare a mask to at least keep her blush away.

"I.. Don't know. I just.. Want to see where it could go."

Quinn listened and realized what she needed to do. If she wanted to see where this was going, she would have to make some sacrifices. Noelle ruled Eshan under the government of the Silver Jedi, her mother was home, and Ashin seemed to have wandered off again. There was no reason for Noelle to need her at her side. Truthfully, Quinn was the one that needed Noelle more than anything. So many times, lovers had left her after Quinn began to open up to them. Thus, seeing Alina in her living space while saying she wished to know where this went.

It scared the Echani Princess. So many times, she had seen this scene play out in front of her. She stood on the edge of letting someone else into her privacy, into her heart, and she worried that, like the others, Alina would leave. “Well,” she started as she moved closer. “Guess that means it's time for me to come back to the Empire then.” Fingers ran through her blonde hair as she pondered the thought. “If you can’t leave yet, then I’ll be near till you’re ready.” Leaning closer, Quinn invaded the older girl’s vicinity. Their faces drew closer as she pondered to herself quietly.

“I’ll have to show you another side of life, one that’s more enjoyable.” A smile and Quinn placed her hand gently behind Alina’s neck, "Be gentle." she whispered then pulled her into a kiss.

370d9lz.png

The red in her cheeks slowly started to fade away as the seconds ticked by. Seconds that seemed more like an eternity. Alina sat up some, no longer draped over the table but still leaning on her arms. Just watching as Quinn continued to get closer and closer. Despite her ability to contain the momentary lapse of her control, her heart leapt to her throat. Words she didn't expect, words she'd never heard before, echoed in her mind. She leaned into Quinn's hand, one of her own coming up to hold it there.

Alina closed her eyes. Not just to enjoy the softness of the Echani's palm, but to hide the forming tears. Her whole life she'd been forced to adapt to someone else. To what her mother wanted for her, to what her master wanted. And the few that reached their hand out to her, to try and save her from the misery she knew no way out of expected her to give up everything and blindly follow what they deemed the right way. The Jedi. The Obsidian. Even the man who she trusted more than anyone was so devout to the Empire that there simply was no other life.

It had left her feeling hollow. Alone. Terrified.

Angry.

But in a single sentence Quinn shattered that feeling. To be willing to dive back into the darkness and show Alina the path out. To not expect Alina to just up and shed the blanket of filth that had kept her safe all her life. It meant everything. It was everything. The noble's eyes opened to see Quinn even closer than before. There was a genuine happiness behind the tear-stained eyes.

They glanced between Quinn's own for a moment. Waiting. The feeling of a hand on the back of her neck had her heart suddenly racing in her chest. There was that brief moment of anticipation. 'Be gentle.' Alina leaned right in at those words. Her eyes closed once again as she pressed her lips to the other girl's own. Lingering, chaste. Not a kiss of lust, but of thanks. Of a want that wasn't physical. One of Alina's hands shifted up, holding Quinn's cheek as she briefly pulled away.

Hesitation. Not because she didn't want this. But because this was what she truly did want. There was a brief, faint smile before another hand reached up to similarly hold Quinn behind her neck. Pulling her into another, deeper kiss.

The emotions that she felt through the touch were unexpected. Something she had said was what Alina needed to hear. It was hard not to smile through the kiss, letting it be the comfort they both needed at the moment. Quinn had never felt this kind of emotion. The desire for stability and needing someone just to understand. It was almost foreign, but she liked it.

Alina’s cool touch burned against her flush cheek, it was exhilarating, and the Princess couldn’t help but let her genuine smile show how she was feeling. Lips parted to speak. However, there was nothing to say that wasn’t already known. Quinn didn’t have much time to think about what to do next. Alina already decided what was going to happen next.

She was swept up into another kiss, one far different than their first. Passion and longing collided against her like a wave. Everything that had been pent up since their first explosive meeting came all at once.

Quinn moved her hands to Alina’s collar, pulling her closer as she took her seat. The foolish Princess wanted to question the emotions she felt through the Force, unsure if she could trust their intent. For how confident Quinn outwardly presented herself, she always asked why anyone would want to be with her. With Alina, she tried to find the reason why - why was she good enough?

Lips parted, and she rested her forehead against her former rival’s and continued to smile. Her palm continued to cup Alina’s beautiful face and ran her thumb against her lips. “Should have done that instead of trying to punch my face.” Then, tapping the tip of Alina’s nose lightly. She leaned in once more, feigning another kiss as she whispered.

“Are you planning on staying?”

370d9lz.png

It was a handy connection, being able to feel the emotions of another. A wonderful trick that Alina could never know or understand. The only thing that she could feel was the warmth of Quinn's cheek. The softness of her lips. She knew that others could sense her intentions, her feelings. Her mother had used it time and time again. She had trained herself for years how to hide those. Block others out. She refused to block out the princess, though. She wanted to be as open as she could be.

A hand settled on the small of Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin 's back, keeping her close. Stable. The soft smile formed again as she felt warmth spread through her forehead. Forehead to forehead. It made her feel safe. At home. Her eyes opened at the soft tap on her nose, earning a slight chuckle. "I'd like to." Her voice came out smaller than she imagined it would. In a way, this was a dream. Everything she wanted quite literally in her lap. If she spoke too loudly, would she wake up? It was a childish worry for sure, but one she had none the less.

It was all she needed to hear.

The princess had heard it from others, people that promised that they would stay with her, promised that she was what they wanted, yet they weren't here; however, Alina was. Quinn exhaled with relief, "I want you to stay as long as possible."

After a bit of time, Quinn pulled away from Alina's hold. Her hand reached and held onto the hand that held the small of her back. "Come on, it's getting late, and we have catching up to do." Quinn pulled Alina from the seat and guided the woman towards her private quarters. As much as she wanted to do more, at this moment, she just wanted to know who Alina had become during their time apart.

370d9lz.png

As long as possible. Did Quinn realize just what that might mean for Alina? Or was it, like her own answer had been, a guarded answer. No, not for Alina at least. The future was an unknowable thing. Well, there were those who could predict the future through the Force, but that wasn't something she could very well understand. Asides, she didn't care about the future.

The only thing that mattered was right in this moment.

Alina lifted her gaze as Quinn slipped to her feet. Holding her hand. Pulling her along. There was no resistance from the Vampress as she got to her feet to happily follow. "It has been a bit, hasn't it?" A softer smile formed as she squeezed the princess's hand. "Where would you like to start?"

Quinn released Alina's hand as they entered her room. The room was simply decorated and far from the room, she had back on Eshan. A bed stood in the center, tidy and neat with nothing out of place. Quinn took a seat at the edge of the bed and crossed her legs, right over left. She leaned back, letting the palms of her hands rest on the off-white duvet.

"Hmm, I mean, it's been some time, I think years now that I think about it." Quinn mused over it, remembering the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed acolytes they were. Back then, they both wanted to prove their worth within the Empire. Nowadays, it seemed they've grown the wiser and sought something better than the Empire.

"After I left Master Taeli's service, I was swept up with Vesta Zambrano. But, of course, while I assumed that would be something more than what it was, it ended as quickly as it had started." Quinn's smile faded slightly, but she did her best to not be too disappointed with her life. "I returned to Eshan, where I ran into my old schoolmate Sylvia. I honestly have no idea what I was thinking, I feel like I was lonely, and she was there." Her voice shook as she continued; what occurred with Syliva hurt her more than she liked to admit; she was already broken from Vesta, and to have Syliva share that pain made it more accessible.

"She left, as you can see, like Vesta. Promised me that I was someone - but in the end, I was nothing to them." Amber eyes refused to look at Alina; she feared that talking about the past was a mood killer. No one wanted to hear about exes, especially after the moment they had shared. Quinn raised a hand and waved it in front of her. "I'm sorry, I don't know why I talked about them, but my time on Eshan was lovely. I got to spend time with my sister, resurrected my mom in the netherworld, and just kind of find some peace of mind." When she finished, her smile returned, and she patted the place next to her on the bed.

370d9lz.png

A brow raised on Alina's face as she listened to Quinn go over the events of the past couple of years. Or, more accurately, her past romances. Was that truly all she had done in that time? Or was it as simple as having someone she could tell? Even as she switched gears back to the actual events of her life that weren't about these heartbreaks, she didn't linger on them. The sting of betrayal was something overwhelming.

The Vampress took her own seat as it was patted. She hummed with thought, trying to figure out exactly where to start with her own adventures and misadventures. So much happened in so little time, likely part of the reason she was so strong now. Strong enough to be a Lord. She let out a sigh as she looked upwards, frowning ever so faintly.

"Not that I was good at keeping it quiet, but I doubt you'd of known what I was doing in the academy. Too much an embarrassment to my mother. Underground fight rings, mostly. Drinking, partying, sleeping around. The Lady Tremiru was trying to groom me to be the perfect trophy wife for one of her allies." Her expression soured. "I found my own way to rebel against that. Then, it was our mutual tutelage under Taeli."

A soft laugh escaped her as she looked to Quinn once again. "You were a year behind me, but everyone knew who you were. The perfect student. The one with the natural gift. When I found you in the office with her, being introduced, I couldn't of been anymore horrified. How was I to compete with the beautiful and talented Quinn Varanin? The partying stopped then. I had to focus. Get stronger. All to keep up. Then you left." There was a sadness to her tone, one reminiscent of their earlier conversation at the cafe. One that didn't need to be touched on again. Her gaze lifted to the ceiling as she continued.

"In place of the random people I used to sleep with I found actual companions. Those I could trust enough to share a moment or two with. Or so I thought. Alisteri being chief among them. He was a close ally, helping me with so many of my goals. When I lost my arms, he helped me to regrow them. I think I could of loved him, if I'd never met you. Seeing you with Sylvia made it all too clear that what I wanted I'd never get. So I devoted myself to furthering my skills. My influence. I killed my mother, took the family for myself. Built my army. Made allies and enemies alike, all to becoming the strongest Sith."

Her lips thinned.

"Then I met him. Carnifex. A perfect Sith, with no humanity left. He, Vulcanus, and many others. The monsters of the Galaxy that bowed to no one. I deemed that I would have to become the monster that could control them to change the Sith. A foolish thought." Alina actually laughed a bit as she glanced back to Quinn.

"Felix saw me as such a monster. He came in grandstanding, demanding attention in his suave way. Only to reach for his weapon the moment he realized what I was. It was part of the reason I kept looking your way at the party. I was hoping he'd not try to manipulate you the way he tried with me." There was another soft hum before Alina just laid out on the bed, arms overhead, staring up at the ceiling. A lot of information, all given at once. Spilling her soul in a way she hadn't ever. It felt odd.

"You talk about them because they meant something. They changed you. To deny that is to deny part of yourself and force yourself not to move on."

Quinn listened, seeing that Alina had lived nearly a lifetime more than she had. While she played Princess and got her heartbroken, Alina was becoming stronger and rising through the Empire's ranks. The thought made her jealous; Quinn knew she rode the coattails of her lineage and natural talents. She rarely had to fight to be noticed, but she had fallen behind. It was terribly obvious. "I was too perfect." Her words slightly above a whisper, she had done it so her Papa would notice her - would hold her in such esteem to make her feel worthy of the Conquerer of ten thousand worlds and former Sith Empress name and lineage. Quinn grew up listening to tales of her parents' adventures and exploits, all of them sounding grander as time went on.

She wanted to be like them, strong like them, but she ended up a spoiled princess.

"Felix?" It took her a minute to remember, "Oh, no. It takes a lot more effort and time to manipulate me. Easiest way is to convince me to fall in love with you -" she paused and brushed her hair behind her ear. "A lovely trait I inherited from my birth mother." Quinn shrugged, remembering how easily she had found herself falling for Vesta and Sylvia, even Alina - but it took her longer to admit it. Even more Vesta, Leliana had been one she found comfort with.

"Felix is a smooth talker, but I had already seen you at the party and like I said - everything I had felt for you. Everything that I had buried away in place of wanting to be better than you came rushing back. I wish you would have said something," Quinn chuckled, "I knew who you were in school. I remember seeing you; I think it was after a training session. I was heading to class, and a group of upperclassmen was wandering back in from the training rooms. I saw you for just a moment, but I remember having to catch my breath, and one of my other classmates had to nudge me to keep moving." Quinn nodded as she reminisced about the simple times of being in the academy.

"I noticed you, Alina Tremiru. I've always noticed you." Quinn wanted to ignore the subject of Vesta and Sylvia. She didn't want to think about them. They were the past ones that she tried to push past and enjoy the present. Instead, a devilish grin spread across the Echani Princess's face as she leaned towards Alina, her face drawing closer, "How jealous would you have been if I would have left with Felix?" Her brows lifted as she teased,
"Do you want to keep me all to yourself? Hmm?"

370d9lz.png

Too perfect? Alina blinked, looking over to Quinn with a curious brow raised. There was a story there that she'd have to ask about. Later. It was her turn to listen. Her eyes widened a tad. Quinn knew her? Her own class barely knew who she was in the academy. The one with no power. Not worth anyone's time. They'd of gone after her if it wasn't for her Mother's desire to have Alina be unspoiled for her future husband.

To know that Quinn of all people knew her, even wanted her, brought the smallest smile to her lips. She sat back up, already leaning closer to the Princess. Only to pause as Felix was brought up again. An annoyed pout formed as golden eyes glanced off. Just for a moment. That alone was it's own answer, but Alina didn't seem to want to answer that aloud. Instead, she moved. Alina was never one to sit there and take teasing when she didn't have to. And she certainly didn't need to now.

In the blink of an eye she'd have the Echani pinned underneath her. Wrists placed above her head to keep her from trying to wiggle free. The Vampiress made sure not to hurt Quinn in the process, but she didn't hide the strength she held either. A fanged smile rested on Alina's lips as she kept her face a hair's breath from the other's.

"I want you all to myself." She didn't bother denying it. "And I only want to be yours." The latter was spoken in barely a whisper as she leaned closer. Brushing her lips over Quinn's for the briefest moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom