Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lightning Strikes Twice

4bfdcf8cce648a2e9eac12dee441d61418944fd4.png

//: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru //:
ZBGxz0L.png
A small cafe dimly lit housed a couple of guests. One table stood alone with a blonde-haired individual sipping a warm cup of tea, waiting for the associate she had invited to join her. Leaning back, Quinn ran her finger gently around the rim of the glass. She wondered what Alina had been up to; the woman became an enigma at some point. In truth, Quinn could have been the one who disappeared.

The Echani had become quiet, escaping to the arms of a spacer. Quinn assumed she had found a reason to pull away from the Empire, find her own path and delve into the world of Eshan. But, unfortunately, her Spacer’s past had caught up to her, and its hold refused to let go. Thinking about the situation, Quinn cursed under her breath, angry that she had allowed herself to open up to the girl.

Quinn silently promised herself that this moment would be the last time she ever thought of her. The Princess sipped the tea once more; her eyes watched the door of the cafe. Oh, how she looked forward to seeing Alina and what she had become.

Her dear rival seemed all grown up now.

370d9lz.png

Of all the people she'd seen lately, Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin wasn't a face she'd expected to see. At a Sith celebration no less. The last she knew, Quinn had found herself not a toy, but someone to care about. At least, that was the impression she'd gotten. And as perhaps jealous Alina might of felt after learning about this new found relationship, she was at least happy for her rival.

Quinn seemed happy. And in this life of being a Sith, or in her case the child of a powerful Sith, there were few moments that allowed it.

Alina entered the small cafe in far more casual outfit. Nothing about her even hinted that she might be a Sith, asides from the unnatural golden glow in her eyes. Those golden eyes scanned over the crowd until she found the one she was searching for. Quinn. Despite herself she smiled as she stepped over, slipping into a chair just across from her.

"I didn't expect you to call me here. Why?" Right to the point. Sweet talking wasn't something Alina bothered with when it came to people she respected. And her rival was one of few she could say she did.

Quinn smiled behind the teacup as Alina sat down. She had expected the woman to wear something to label her status within the empire. From what she had gathered at the party, Alina had done quite well for herself. Maybe Quinn should have stayed under Taeli’s tutelage a bit longer. Her eyes wandered the stature of the rival as Alina sat across from her.

A hand waved and another cup appeared in front of the newly arrived company. Quinn placed her cup in front of her as long elegant fingers caressed the porcelain.

“Always straight to business. You haven’t changed as much as I thought you had.” Quinn mused as she smiled. “I’ve always been curious about you Alina. I’m sure I felt the same curiosity from you especially after our little spar.”

Eyebrows raised as she brought the teacup back to her lips. The Princess gaze danced along with the strong features of her company, examining the woman as she had done before when they first met. “I was wrong about you,” Quinn started as she lowered the cup and leaned forward. Her lower lip found its way into her mouth slightly and quickly released.

“Forgive me? What have you been up to lately?”

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

"Where would be the fun if I changed completely?" There was a surprisingly teasing tone to her voice as she watched the other woman in turn. There was nothing prim or proper about how Alina presented herself. The simplest of clothing, her usual tank top in a shade of blue. Comfortable looking pants. And yet for how simple it looked, there was a method there. As the young Lord leaned back in her chair, draping an arm casually over the back, she was showing off. Shamelessly revealing the still strong body she'd worked so hard to make.

"My curiosity of you never faded. Just, was pushed back in light of your recent happiness." There wasn't supposed to be a slight there. Alina had no knowledge of what happened between Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin and the spacer that seemed to hold her heart. The last she knew, they were happy together. Strong fingers deftly plucked up the tea. She took a small sip, but it, like all food, wasn't something Alina needed any more. At least the taste was good.

But, what left Quinn's lips shortly after brought a confused expression to Alina's features. She'd never seen the princess actually.. Apologetic? Confusion turned to concern. Of what Alina knew of their relationship, they were rivals trying to out wit each other in one way or another. Even when Alina tried to seem genuinely happy for Quinn at finding love, the Echani was still as cold.

Or, perhaps, that's just what Alina wanted to assume?

"What's going on with you? You don't apologize, or ask for forgiveness. It's a cockiness I admittedly like, but.." She trailed off, her expression of concern only growing more so.

"Are you okay Quinn?"

Quinn did her best to not react to the comment about her happiness. As much as she had wanted that to work out, it was cursed and ill-fated like the moments with the Zambrano Princess. Despite her poise, the girl’s shoulders tended and her fingers dug into the porcelain unforgiving.

She forced a light chuckle, her hand delicately covering her black lipstick-stained lips. “I’m perfect. Like I always am.” The woman quipped and silenced herself with a sip of tea. In reality, she felt lost, forgotten by someone who had promised to not leave. Yet they always leave, one after another and Quinn could feel her chest tighten, angry with herself for thinking of the Spacer again.

“The only happiness I’ve found recently is seeing my mother’s determination best fruit.” She spoke cryptically about her birth mother’s resurrection. From what she understood, not many would be happy to see the Queen of Eshan walk the realm of the living.

“What I was trying to do was compliment your determination to prove that you weren’t as useless as you appeared to be.” Amber eyes closed showing her frustration already with the Sith Lord in front of her. “You still seem to be obtuse,” Quinn spoke quickly, letting her frustration get the best of her. Her cheeks flush as she both enjoyed hearing that Alina always had interest and from the familiarity of their interaction.

“So why did you come? Still looking to impress me?”

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Last edited:

370d9lz.png

None of that was hidden from her. Alina had become acutely aware of how another might react to certain scenarios. Something was wrong. Something the Sith admittedly couldn't tell, but there was something troubling Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin 's heart. Slowly the Sangnir set down her glass, the look of concern all but doubled in intensity.

"Stop lying to me. I can tell there's something wrong." Obtuse indeed. She didn't do the whole beating around the bush, especially with how distraught Quinn seemed to be under the bravado of poise and teasing. Hardened nails rapped over the wood of the table, near biting into it and leaving marks as she tried to contain her own frustration. Though, a grin did break through.

"We both know I have impressed you. Otherwise, why invite me for tea?"

Her guise of elitism and poise seemed to betray her or didn't work against protecting her from Alina's intuition. Quinn waved a hand towards one of the waitresses, who soon brought over a kettle and refilled the woman's cup. Several things were bothering her. Quinn Varanin's ego was shattered, her heart in pieces and forgotten. Numerous times she tried to piece everything back together and find a place to belong - a reason to exist.

Quinn wanted to share everything. Unload all of her problems onto someone who was once seen as her equal. Yet pride kept the Echani together. Remembering what it was like, to cry against Sylvia's chest - nearly begging the girl to stay a bit longer. Quinn almost scoffed at the thought, disgusted by her actions. But, instead, she reigned in her composure and pushed back her blonde hair.

"I'm." She started, her hand gripping the hot cup tightly. "I've rid myself of the distractions that had pulled me away from my studies." She didn't dare speak the Spacer's name; it would be better to reduce their time together as nothing but a distraction—her voice lower, softer - a tone that Alina most likely had never heard from the Princess. "I've decided to pursue other interests. Namely, the one that I've invited to tea. Yes, I've been thoroughly impressed by you, Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru ."

Her hand rested against her chin as her gaze took in once more the impressive form of the Sith Lord. Work and struggle had done well for the woman and their time apart seemed to have let Alina gain all the necessary attention she needed to flourish. "I'd like to indulge my interest in you if you're interested at all." Her voice now playful as she quipped and eluded to several things. Quinn was curious where the other Sith's allegiance lay, but that could be discussed later as always.

For now, Quinn needed something else. While she spoke, the tip of her foot gently caressed against Alina's ankle. The gesture was light and teasing, but Quinn let the moment linger and then soon pulled away when she finished. "Of course, it's up to you as stubborn as I am - I think you've proven yourself to be as well. I think it's good to indulge a little now and then, don't you agree?"

370d9lz.png

There it was again. The hollow mask that Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin kept up even during their time as direct rivals. When Quinn still served under their master. It was beyond frustrating just how little Alina could see past it. Only seeing that there was a mask meant little if the Echani wasn't going to let the mask slip enough for the Sangnir to see what was underneath.

She said nothing as she watched the woman. All the words sounded fake. Hollow, like a recording she'd get calling an office's answering machine. "So that's what this is." Alina's voice came out soft, but cold. The concern shifted to something else, something more devoid of emotion as she donned her own mask. There wasn't even a reaction to the gentle caress of her ankle. At any other moment in their lives, it would of made Alina's heart flutter with joy. She'd be lying if she denied the attraction she felt.

"She dumped you and you're looking for a booty call. Something to make yourself feel better." Her lips thinned.

"If you want someone to sleep with and forget, find someone else. When you're ready to drop that mask and talk to me, I'll be here." Alina said her piece, and with that she leaned back more comfortably in her chair to take up her cup again. Bringing it to her pale lips to take a small sip. She was at least going to enjoy the tea.

Quinn laughed; it was the only reaction she could give that didn’t solidify Alina’s remark in the truth. She had figured the Echani out. Quinn felt the need to desperately find the roots she had some time ago, ones that kept her grounded before she let her heart run free. A lesson she had been taught by her mother, one that she deliberately ignored after the woman’s death.

The Princess kept her composure as the accusation finished. Alina settled in, and Quinn pulled away from the Sith; everything she had tried to open suddenly collapsed inwardly. The fear of vulnerability took over, remembering the three times she had opened up to someone - allowing them to see a glimpse of who she was. Her sister’s words echoed in the back of her mind; Noelle was probably right.

“Quite full of yourself, aren’t you?” Quinn sipped her tea, watching Alina. Never once did Alina answer any inquiries, Alina kept her business close to her heart, and Quinn wondered why. “Whatever I had with her meant nothing.” Quinn’s face cracked, showing that whatever had happened hurt her more than she had liked to admit. She continued to pull away from Alina, seeing that the solace she had hoped for wasn’t going to happen.

The tears that welled in her eyes never fell. “I’m not the only one here wearing a mask. You have one as well; you’ve always had one.” Quinn adjusted in her seat as she let her eyes focus on the ripples in her tea, “You have to give a little to get a little. You haven’t answered any of my questions - you’ve just continued to try and dig for whatever information you’re looking for.”

Quinn paused and tilted her head, “Why are you so interested in finding out what had happened?” Something clicked, and Quinn’s frustration faded slightly, “How about we both be honest with each other for once?” The Echani did her best to relax her shoulders and pull away from the protective shell she kept. “A part of the reason why I called you was that I was surprised to see you at the party, yes I’m interested, yes I’d like to forget - but not because of a one-off. Seeing you again -” Quinn paused, the creeping feeling of vulnerability began to make every muscle in her body tighten. She didn’t want to feel this again, but she needed to follow her own advice if she was going to get an answer from Alina. “Reminded me of the time after our spar.” She stopped and leaned back in her chair, wondering what Alina was going to do. Then, in quick defense, she tacked on, “If that is something you don’t share, then well, you can leave.” The mask fell for just a moment but soon quickly found its way back on her face - shielding her like a suit of armor.

370d9lz.png

Laughter? The mask was getting harder to read by the second, and in truth, it was getting hard to tell if there even was one. Was she wrong in what she saw? Was she jumping to an incorrect conclusion? She kept that doubt buried behind her own mask. Either she was right, or Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin would crack. Sure enough, it did. The Echani couldn't even keep a straight face saying that relationship didn't matter to her.

Then targeted her mask. "Typical." There wasn't any sass in her voice. It was the smart thing to do. Turn it around on the other to stay protected. Stay behind the shield they both crafted to survive the Sith. Her eyes softened as she took another sip of her tea. Give a little to get a little, huh? Alina could very well accept that, but still she didn't answer any questions. There was a lot Quinn seemed to want to say, and Alina was going to give her the curtesy to listen.

"That moment.." Her eyes fell, staring to her own cup of tea. She lifted it up, sipping from it to try and keep her own thoughts level. The tea didn't work. "I wanted that moment. That short span of time to be something more. You left. Running off with that spacer who broke your heart. That I didn't even get the curtesy to know and saw only because you were dragging her along."

Ah. She didn't let herself feel that before. The anger. Jealousy. It was written on her face before she took a breath to calm herself. ".. I just want you to be happy. And to know you're not.." She trailed off. Again hiding into her cup of tea. Taking a long sip to try and rebuild the mask she had painstakingly crafted for herself over all these years. Alina turned her gaze away, looking around the cafe for something to focus on.

"I suppose I'm worried about my rival. How foolish, right?"

Quinn paused, her finger that ran against the rim of her teacup. She had gleaned Alina's interest in that brief moment, but the Echani's stubbornness had gotten the best of her. How would things have been different for both of them if neither had been so well guarded? "I did leave," Quinn spoke quietly. Her words meant only for Alina. "I left because I was scared."

It was the truth; Quinn Varanin was terrified. The understanding that they had to fight each other, one possibly perishing under the other's will. It scared her; she didn't want to hurt Alina - more so, she didn't want to realize how powerless and unspecial she was. The brief moment being without the Force - it was a moment she didn't want to feel again. "I didn't want to fight you."

Her brows furrowed, showing how uncomfortable the revelations were. Regret filled her, wondering if the apartment would have been a better place to have this kind of conversation. Quinn hadn't planned on any of this; she assumed her mind would have been able to find ease - a moment to turn off as her body took over. Alina had decided otherwise.

Quinn had seen the jealousy, the anger that Alina only briefly displayed. It was unexpected; she didn't know why the Sith would feel those emotions when their moment was short. Quinn wanted to reach out but kept her hands to her side of the table, clutching the teacup for dear life. "I ran because I didn't want to play the sicking game Taeli Raaf wanted us to play. I am a Varanin - I don't bend to someone else's will." Pride, the only other emotion the Echani could muster at this moment that could protect her from what she wanted to feel.

What she had with the Spacer could have been a distraction to keep her from searching for what she truly wanted. Quinn sighed, "I don't think it's foolish; I worried about you." Eyes left Alina's face and focused on the tea once more, "Were you jealous?" Quinn knew the answer, but she wanted to hear it; she needed to hear it.

370d9lz.png

"..I offered a path against that. Against Taeli's desires for us. I didn't want to fight you either. I wanted us to work together. To survive that hell." Taeli was by no means a cruel master, but they were still Sith. She'd lost so much, had to change even more. Her arms were one such price. Even now, thinking about it had Alina reach over to touch where it'd been severed off. No mark, no scar. That was the power of her Sangnir blood. Her hands shifted, clutching at the cup in her other hand like it alone could keep her in check.

It was odd to feel all this after so long. An exhausted sigh escaped the pale woman as she set the glass down. If she held it any longer, she'd likely of broken it.

"Yes. I was jealous. I tried to open to you. Hoped that you might understand enough of what I was going through to be a friend, and that I in turn could do the same. Then you were gone. I imagine anyone would be."

Quinn nodded, “You did.” She agreed, remembering that there was an out for her, but she was still so unsure of the girl she knew nothing about. “You forget our Master was the Lady of Secrets - you had met her before me. So how would I know you weren’t in league with her and that everything was a lie?” Quinn shook her head; blonde tresses fell forward as her head lowered.

“We were Sith Apprentices, Alina.” Her voice strained; the acknowledgment was painful. The Princess let her memories lapse for a moment, remembering that she had pulled away out of fear and a desire to protect. Then, frowning once more, she wanted to forget those desires she once held onto in hope.

“But why jealousy? Because I ran and found solace in someone else and not you? Or was it because you didn’t dare to run?” Quinn cleared her throat, pushing back, trying to hide any sort of emotion that would convey how much she regretted leaving when she did. “You could have come with me? I’m sorry.” She paused, trying to find the words that hopefully would begin rebuilding whatever she had ruined when she left.

“I shouldn’t have left without you - really, I should have stayed and believed you. Trusted you, instead of just leaving.”

370d9lz.png

That.. Made more sense. Alina's eyes widened in surprise as the reality of the issue, of a side she hadn't even thought to think about. A genuine sadness took over her features as her gaze again fell to the table. "No, you were right to leave. You were always the smart one." A smile played on her lips, but it wasn't from joy or happiness. A lot of pieces she hadn't realized were there clicked into place.

"I lost my arms shortly after our spar. Another war to fight for the Sith who weren't there to help. An Imperial Knight, cut them right off." She laughed a bit, flexing her hands. "That should of been a sign to leave. But I stayed. I had to. My mother.. If you tried to bring me I would have likely turned on you." Her arms crossed over her chest, protective. This really wasn't the sort of conversation to have in a cafe, but.. She didn't want to lie. Not to Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin .

"I was jealous of you escaping, yes. I was jealous of you having a family that would let you. That you found someone who could help you. And.. Yes. Jealous of what might of been." An exhausted sigh escaped the Sangnir before she laid out on the table, resting her cheek atop her arms as she stared out the window.

"That's the past, though. What we were. .. What are we now?"

The range of emotions the Echani felt was freely expressed on her face. Hearing that Alina didn't have the easy path expected after leaving broke something inside the ice princess. Without the competition, Alina was to flourish and find a home within the Sith Empire with ease. Instead, Quinn left her alone to fend for herself against the Empire's enemies and possibly the galaxy at large.

"I don't believe you would have." Quinn shook her head, "If you wanted to run and I had convinced you to come with me - your mother wouldn't have done anything to stop me." A soft smile crossed the Princess's delicate features as she reassured the woman before her the best she could.

A blush would dance along her cheeks to the tips of her ears as Alina continued to speak. Jealous of what might of been. The words seemed unreal coming from the Sith Lord. At times Quinn assumed it was her own imagination playing tricks or even a cruel joke at her expense by Taeli Raaf. Quinn hesitated as she kept her lips tightly shut, waiting for more.

Alina's question was simple enough but came with the weight of fate, and Quinn didn't know if she was capable of answering. She watched the woman, each movement casual but elegant, everything that Alina had always been under the roughness.

"We aren't rivals anymore, in a sense, unless you've enjoyed that label for me." Quinn did her best not to stare too long at Alina. "I'd like to try something new with you, but what do you want, Alina?" Quinn wondered if anyone had really asked that of the Tremiru woman. She felt her heart stop, waiting for the answer.

370d9lz.png

A soft smile formed at the notion. Would it really of gone as well as Quinn wanted to paint it out as? Maybe, but there was no time for regrets or looking back. No matter how much she wanted to change things, she couldn't. Alina's cheek stayed on her forearm, almost like she was planning to sleep at the table. All of it against the very notion of nobility that had been beaten into her by her mother. She was, ultimately, constantly trying to rebel against that woman. Even in her death.

Her gaze lifted, the glowing eyes shifting to once more focus on Quinn herself. To actually look at her. Not the rival. Not the one who left. The question wasn't a new one to her. She'd been asked it several times, by people she'd let get close. 'Take over the Sith.' 'Stop acolytes from dying.' 'Change the blatant evil.' They were the answers she wanted to believe were right, but not what she wanted. An exhausted, sad smile formed on her lips.

"I just want to be free."

The response was something in her heart that she knew Alina really wanted. Still, she acted surprised by the reaction, sympathetic even. As much as Quinn enjoyed the benefits of her lineage, there were several negatives to it. First, people hated her parents, and those that did wanted them dead. Second, people wanted to take advantage of her in hopes that they would draw favor from Ashin and Spencer. Quinn did wish to be free of that and avoid what would need to come from her if Noelle died or decided to leave.

They were more similar than Quinn realized when they had first met. She Alina's answer hang in the wind, letting it settle in out of respect for one's most authentic desires. A hand reached out, fingertips caressed against the woman's outstretched hand. Quinn was tentative with the touch, not wanting to go too far for her own sake for Alina's.

"Then let me free you."

370d9lz.png

There was a hesitance that grew as Alina's eyes lowered to Quinn's hand. The fingertips that touched her hand. They were soft. That was the first thought that came to mind. Quinn was a fighter as an Echani, but not like what Alina was. Her own hands by comparison would be rough if not for the Sangnir blood. But.. So much in her wanted to fight against this. Everything she'd been through. Everything that made her a Sith. The blood on her hands. Weighing her down.

How ironic that trying to free herself with the Sith only put on more chains.

She turned her hand over, her fingertips brushing against Quinn's palm. Just briefly, almost inviting. For the big bad Sith Lord she'd become, how she looked, huddled on herself, hand outstretched. Alina looked like a young woman wanting to be saved from the life of constant death and fear.

"Okay."

Quinn smiled; she hadn’t expected Alina to accept the touch seeing how the conversation had gone. Instead, she was happy that the woman was open to everything. Quinn let her fingers lace gently with Alina’s as she stood and left enough credits for their stay. A cafe was no place to have this conversation, and Quinn felt it was time to go.

“Care to go somewhere more private, to continue our conversation?” A light tug on the woman’s hand as the princess tried to guide the woman from her seat. A new light shined on Alina; Quinn’s perspective changed about her, seeing that they shared something.

“I think you and I have more in common than we give credit for.” Quinn shrugged, “I have a place not too far here. We can chat if you don’t have any plans the rest of the day, maybe evening?” She never let Alina’s hand go as long as the woman didn’t pull away.

370d9lz.png

Her fingers tightened onto Quinn's. Accepting the warmth they offered. There was an odd chill about Alina that was far more obvious with their hands interlocked. A cost of her evolution. She rose to her feet at the Princess's urging, the faint smile once again on her lips. A smile that fought back a laugh at a rather inappropriate thought. Just minutes prior Alina had put her foot down on being some kind of booty call, yet here she was leaving hand in hand with the other woman.

And yet, the reason was why she hid the laugh to begin with. This was nothing of the sort.

Alina never pulled away, content with being hand in hand with Quinn Varanin Quinn Varanin . A reality that never crossed her mind as possible. ".. Okay." There was a brief smile before her gaze shifted forward. She was still trying to figure out how she was supposed to feel. The admission felt almost fake, every part of her Sith training trying to overcome such thoughts and doubts. Weakness.

Her gaze lowered as she let Quinn lead them out. There was one foot in the door, but she hadn't opened it fully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom