Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light Shines Brighter in the Dark (Elpsis)

[member="Mirien Valdier"]

Siobhan was not falling for Mirien again because the truth was that the old feelings had never left. Now they were falling back into old patterns. Like before the day when the big confrontation occured and Mirien walked out because others' happiness was more important to the ice queen than her own. It was unspoken, but that was how it was.

Was Siobhan frustrated with the woman's obstinacy and self-flagellation? Yes, very much so. On a certain level, playing psychologist was tiring. But at the same time Siobhan was a rather nurturing woman. She liked to take care of people. Undoubtedly personal ego also played a role, since she wanted to feel needed.

"No cuddling and no foot rubs until you eat something decent," Siobhan said sternly as they boarded the speeder. "Everyone would be far better off if they just listened to me and worshipped." Verily, the Heavenly Daughters of the Divine Kerrigan would make the galaxy great again. Regardless, she fired up the engines and soon the bike dashed out of the forest. Its destination would be an old, remote district in one of New Santaissa's neighbouring towns.

Now that conversation would be an interesting one when Laina and Aella brought it up the duties of womanhood that were required of the tribal members. Though that was probably going to be a while before that happened. Baby steps were required after all. "The feeling is quite mutual."

"I'm glad to hear it, my dear fiery one," Laina said as she scooped up her daughter, quickly changing her while Elpsis was gathering the needed items.

Once she was ready, Laina headed downstairs and took a short walk into the gardens of the villa and knelt down under the shade of a tree as she settled her young child onto a blanket on the ground. Once she was certain Morrigan would stay, Laina shifted to cross her legs beneath her. And there she waited for the young redhead to come join them both while ensuring that Morrigan stayed on her blanket with a few toys laid out to keep the baby girl's attention.

[member="Elpsis Elaris"]

Those same feelings, even Mirien hadn't quite been able to let them slip away. It seemed like the duo were an unfortunate pair of star-crossed lovers. Though she had managed to keep them mostly contained by a selfless heart that didn't want to inflict harm on the family that she helped to protect for so long now. That she couldn't do to the Firemane family, not in the least.

This certainly wasn't how either one of them planned things to work out, and the way their individual lives were set up kept limits on what their love would be and where it would go. But it was comfortable and familiar, and a different kind of love. Perhaps one-day things might change, but Mirien rarely put her bets on somedays, maybes, and ifs. Though if she was honest that was a dream she certainly would have liked to see come to life.

Mirien's eyes narrowed slightly as she looked over to Siobhan, "So, I suppose that makes no cookies or cake for dinner, eh?" She asked as a bit of playful warmth slipped into her voice and demeanor. It seemed the ice queen was getting a bit more comfortable as she pushed the events that brought her to this point aside.

As for the safehouse, it was one of the very few Mirien allowed another soul to know about across the galaxy. There was a reason for that, spooks needed such places if everything went to hell. Now, this safehouse was a nondescript building not really standing out from any of the others on the street.

Once the pair arrived Mirien stepped from the speeder after taking a quick glance about to assure herself nothing was out of place in the area, with the home, with the people and then she wandered to a hidden entrance to let the pair in after defusing a few small traps that she had left behind. Ah, old habits never seem to die.

Inside the furnishing were fairly plain, simple with only basic functions in mind. But it had food, warmth, clothing, and naturally enough weapons hidden about to supply a small militia. A girl had to have choices and in Mirien's eyes weapons where the one thing you never could skimp on, or remotely have enough of. "Same place, different day." She said with a shrug as she did just a couple more slightly paranoid checks in the space. Not Cora level paranoid, but the healthy kind that had kept her breathing and fairly intact over the years. Only once Mirien felt all was well, did she finally take a seat on the couch.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Hopefully Mirien and Siobhan would not end like a certain other pair of star-crossed lovers. Then again, they were not melodramatic, emo, suicidal teenagers, so there was probably cause for optimism. And there were no pointlessly feuding families in the game.

Regardless, they arrived at the safe house. "Home, sweet home," Siobhan chirped, as she stepped inside and the door closed behind them. She put down her cane and sat down to remove her boots, looking at the place. "I take it the secret compartment full of guns is still in the same place? You didn't booby-trap the closet and the stimcaf machine too, right?" she asked brightly.

"Gonna slip into something more comfortable than this uniform. You still got some of my stuff lying around, love?" What were the odds that Siobhan would choose a very slutty outfit that showed a lot of skin? The question is rhetorical.

[member="Laina Silvias"]

One imagined that the conversation between the three would be...interesting. The white wolf was a kind, loving goddess, but also a demanding one. She expected great things from her daughters. There was much Young Elaris had to learn.

However, that was neither here nor there for the time being. So Elpsis finally gathered all the supplies and left the villa. It did not take her long to find mother and daughter, both kneeling beneath the shade of a tree. Little Morrigan was being adorable and playing with her toys.

"Hey, think I got all the stuff!" Elpsis declared, sounding a bit nervous and excited. She unzipped the rucksack and slowly removed the items, placing them on the blanket. "Sweetgrass and willow dream catcher, pendants, bones, feather, athamé...hmmph...did I miss anything?"

No, that overly dramatic emo ending of that other pair of lovers was definitely not where this story would end for our leading ladies. No, their future though quite different was bound to be a hell of a lot brighter than that teenaged tragedy.

Mirien nodded as she curled up on the couch and tucked her knees beneath her as she leaned to the side and rested her head on the arm of the couch. She smiled slightly, "Naturally, you know me, just like you have closets full of heels of every variety flavor and color, I've gotta have my options in weapons. Practical woman and all that I am." One had to wonder how much Mirien was being playful and teasing and how serious she was being. In her case, it was more than a bit of both. She had to have a weapon for every occasion. "But yes, it's in the same place, move the coffee table and the rug and there is the trap door that leads into the basement where all those lovely items lay hidden."

She sighed softly, and slowly pushed herself off the couch to head into the bedroom of the spartan safehouse. "There's still a couple of your things in the closet and I left your drawer just as it was when you were last here." She reached down and opened the drawer and shuffled through it before she pulled out a slinky nightie to hand to Siobhan.

"There's a couple other options in here too if you want to have a look." Mirien offered as she dug through the other drawers to find herself something. Though what she pulled herself was far less revealing. And Mirien didn't waste any time as she switched into the more comfortable PJs. And after that, she wandered back out to the main room that contained both the kitchen and living room spaces in one. The ice queen headed back to the couch once more and crawled back on it, curling up just like she had been before. "I figured food you might want to do first before we really relax. After all, you did say I had to eat a proper meal before I got my reward and massages and all." Her voice was a bit lighter, more playful but still sounding a bit tired and worn at the same time.

"Hey, I'll have you know that it's not just heels. I have boots and flats as well," Siobhan insisted with mock indignance. She was not doing a good job disproving Mirien's point. Her eyes followed Mirien when the dark woman slipped into the small bedroom and searched the closet, before returning. It had been a long time since they'd been this...intimate.

It probably did not need to be spelled out where Siobhan's eyes were. You're doing it again. What, staring at her arse? Acting like her wife. No I'm not. You could not be any more obvious. You know it'll never work. No. I can still take care of her though, she thought.

By the time this slightly strange internal dialogue concluded, Mirien had returned. "I always liked wearing that for you," Siobhan flushed slightly. "Wearig it in general." Looking more than a little sheepish, she retrieved the slinky nightie. Without any sign of modesty, she stripped out of her uniform. After neatly folding it and putting it aside, she slipped into her nightie. Sauntering over to Mirien, she smirked. "I'm never gonna make an exhibitionist out of you, am I?" she commented on her less revealing choice of attire.

Stretching out with her hand, she threaded her fingers through the woman's dark locks. "If you're a good girl, I may be persuaded to give you a partial reward while the food is being warmed up. How much have your feet missed me?" her hand travelled down to massage Mirien's neck. Then she planted a kiss on the crown of her head, before strutting off to the small cooking area where the fridge lay.

Mirien shook her head, "You are so making my point, my dear." At least it got a bit more of a smile out of Mirien.

The brunette had warm fond memories of that little gown. "Naturally." She grinned a bit brighter, "You always were fond of the skimpy items. Not that I can complain. You're body always looks amazing in them." And then a shake of her head at the last comment, "Nope, you aren't. At least not anytime soon. I'm not as brave with my body as you are." For all they had been through Mirien still was a bit insecure with her body. Showing more skin, was something that could still make her feel uncomfortable and shy. "Maybe someday you might work me out of that, maybe. I'm not against you trying." She said with a small wink.

"Mmmmm..." Mirien purred loudly, as Siobhan ran her fingers through her dark silky hair. She leaned so willingly and wantingly into Sio's hands. A familiar touch that she had so missed. Her body relaxing and shoulders slumping as she melted at just the small brief massage from the redhead's talented fingers. "My feet? All of me has missed you, more than I want to admit openly." Though that line of thought was dangerous she knew. There was only so far that she could let this evening's activities go when she had made the choice to walk away from Siobhan and give Tegaea room to put the two redhead's marriage back together. On that relationship, she was the intruder who had no right at all.

I really don't want to let her know just how much I miss her, being with her to give her hope of a relationship again. But gods I miss her. I just don't want to break her heart any further, and don't want to hurt mine anymore either. Have to tread carefully. I just need someone, to help me get through things like this. I can't do these things alone. I've done that for too long and failed. I just can't let it go too far. Can't screw things up for her. But I just need to be wanted exactly as I am, for just a little while. Thoughts that Mirien kept to herself. Though sooner or later it might be a wise idea to have that conversation. But if a night like this was only a night of comfort and companionship, maybe... maybe they wouldn't need to cross that bridge. Stars knew Mirien didn't want to go there. Not when she loved the woman the way she still did.

"Shame. It's a lovely body. I know it well," Siobhan commented. She was about to say something along the lines that at least this meant she had it all for herself, but caught her tongue before the words could leap off it. Fact was, Mirien was not hers. Or anyone's. Even though there was a part of Siobhan that really wanted to be Mirien's.

No words left her lips in response to Mirien's subsequent words. Siobhan could not look into the dark woman's mind and perceive her thoughts. The Inquisitor had always been the stronger mentalist and Siobhan would not violate her privacy.

But she was not blind to the longing in her bond sister's eyes. "I'm sorry," she said quietly, after having removed a ready meal from the fridge and putting it in the microwave. "For...not being around much. Or calling you outside of work. I...needed some space. And I felt like you needed it, too. Things have been a bit of a mess lately. But that's no excuse. Just didn't want to hurt you more. Force knows I've done enough of that," she sighed and slumped her shoulders slightly.

Turning around, she walked back towards Mirien, then got down on her knees. Gently, she took one of the dark woman's feet - pale and manicured - into her hands and began to gently rub it, like a supplicant trying to soothe her queen's aches. Nimble fingers applied gentle, soothing strokes and rubs, then she lowered her head and kissed the woman's ankle.

Little Morrigan squealed cheerfully spying her favorite redhead. The purpose of these sorts of prayers hadn't yet sunk into the tiny human's mind. She was still a little too young to truly understand, but usually took cues from her mother and those around her for these things.

Laina smiled at both Elpsis and her young girl as she settled the child back down onto the blanket, appeasing her with a small white wolf plushie. "Thank you, my dear, I think that is about it that we need really." The amazon reached forward and gently pulled the items towards her passing one of the pendants to Elpsis before turning to Morrigan and using the cordage of one of the pendants to circle her young daughter with it rather than hanging it around the child's neck for safety. Something that would continue with the tiny girl until she grew old enough to share in the ritual, and not reach out to touch sacred items out of curiosity, but instead of understanding and appreciation for it all.

Laina then scooted herself off the blanket as she used her hands to clear out some grass leaving the bare soil exposed and free from any debris. Taking the Athame in hand she used it to draw a large circle in the soil, taking great care to ensure precision in the shape she left behind. Soft words she whispered as she went, "In this circle, a pathway will be built to you our great goddess, the flame within our souls, and the very heart that beats within our chests beats within yours, we seek to commune with you today. For your great wisdom, we need most now."

She paused only to shift onto her knees, bowing her head and laying a hand upon her heart with her eyes closed for just a moment as she slightly beckoned to that great spirit, willing her to join them. "Bones next dear Sister." She asked of Elpsis as she glanced to the redhead. "If you'd like, dear I can show you how we proceed next. And give you the words to speak." She was inviting Elpsis further into the ceremony, seeking to teach the young lady each element of the ritual. Laina felt it was time to draw the woman further into her world, and the religion that Elpsis had begun to embrace. Plus it was Elpsis that was seeking the White Wolf's help in this, and Laina felt it only right for her to do a large part of the ceremony on her own, just with Laina's guiding hands. "Come, sit beside me, my dear. Let me give you greater power in this task."

[member="Elpsis Elaris"]

Many thoughts raced through Mirien's mind but she chose not to voice them right now. It didn't feel right to her at this point. It seemed the kind of thing that was just bound to cause further pain to them both.

The brunette quickly shook her head, "Don't even be sorry. It was the right thing to do, and that's not something to be sorry for." A heavy sigh followed as she heard the rest, "We both needed space. As for being around, not calling me, we are friends, more than friends considering that we each have the others' memories. But it's not your job to check in on me, not really. I know that whatever we have is different now, and we'll have to figure out how that works, friends or what not." Truthfully Mirien wasn't sure in the least what they were supposed to be to one another now. Not at all. "Stars know Sio that I don't want to bring any pain to you either, we both played an equal part in what happened, and somehow the mess left behind is something we'll have to work through. I just don't know where I much fit in anymore, save running Firemane's intel division."

Mirien then closed her eyes as Siobhan returned to her, taking her feet gently and massaging them ever so sweetly. "Mmmmm, that feels wonderful...." She said as she sunk into the couch with ease, happy to let the redhead continue the work on her sore, tired and aching feet. "I missed this."

"You're too damn selfless sometimes. It would make it easier if you weren't," Siobhan grumbled. We'd probably be naked and shagging by now, she did not voice that thought while she kept up her massage. She was quite willing to do many exotic things to please a lady. It probably helped that she had a thing for woman's feet. While her nimble fingers did their thing, her tongue rolled over the sole of Mirien's sore foot, leaving loving kisses.

"I've missed you. Taking care of you, pampering you...fighting alongside you...having fun with you. Even embarrassing myself with awkward dancing. You deserve better...a lot better than you think. As for where you belong, you're family. That's never gonna change," even if she had to drill it into the dark woman's skull. Metaphorically. Her tongue turned its attention to Mirien's toes and she began to apply suction and strong licks.

[member="Laina Silvias"]

Elpsis watched with an expression both curious and deeply reverent while Laina used the Athamé, the sacred dagger that was prohibited from being used to shed blood, to draw the magic circle. "In this circle, a pathway will be built to you our great goddess, the flame within our souls, and the very heart that beats within our chests beats within yours, we seek to commune with you today. For your great wisdom, we need most now," she recited after Laina had spoken the sacred words.

Head bowed deeply, and hand placed over her heart, she mirrored the elder amazon's gestures. She could not exactly close her eyes since she was blind anyway, but it was the principle of thing. Surely the white wolf would understand.

"Here," she passed over the animal bones. Her lips curled into a happy smile when Laina invited her into the ceremony. "Yes, I'd like that. I wanna learn more. Please show me what to do." The amazon culture was becoming part of hers, so it was only right that she took the next step. So the Fire-Maned Girl sat down alongside Laina, reaching out with her hand to take the older woman's into hers, threading their fingers together.

As cheesy as it might sound, the touch was electric, as if the Force itself flowed between and through them. Above them, the night sky was cloudless, clear and beautiful. The full moon had arisen high in the heavens, on a rich blue ground.

Mirien sighed softly as she shifted slightly onto her side to pull one of the pillows on the couch against her chest. The tiniest of frowns spread across her lips, "Perhaps so, that and a lot easier if I didn't care as much." That she didn't elaborate on further, knowing too well she cared too much about Siobhan, her family and safety, and even Firemane. Those things had become her life after Atrisia. Funny how Atrisia once Mirien was taken, and the implant placed, had become her life. And even now she did wonder if that implant hadn't been there would she have willingly let it be her life, be everything to her. Though she knew that answer, it would have. Without the memories, she had no place or knowledge of where to go, and she would have simply fallen into what was comfortable, and what felt safe. Even if that safety was incredibly relative.

The Ice Queen had closed her eyes relaxing a little tiny bit more as thoughts of the day slipped further and further from her mind. A faint smile formed at the mention of the dancing, those were good times for sure. "I miss all of that too. Unfortunately, a lot has changed. Going out and fighting side by side like we once did, is a rare thing now. That and I think we both are getting too old for it." Mirien had skipped over the part where Sio had mentioned she deserved better, for that was something the dark lady had yet to believe of herself yet. No, that would still take time, and somehow learn to love herself at least in some small way.

"Family," She repeated softly, not terribly sure how she felt about that now. Of course, it was nice to know she had people that cared and a place should she need or want it. But these days she felt less like family and more like an interloper. Or maybe that part was just in her mind alone, but nonetheless, Mirien still felt that way. The softest of gasps escaped the brunette's lips as Siobhan's talented tongue and fingers worked over her feet, slowly and tenderly relaxing each of the former Inquisitor's tiny muscles.

"This is all I really need though, truly. Just friendship, to just occasionally know I'm wanted. Don't need much more than that." After all, things always got too complicated when she let things get further than that.

I am getting old...but no one can do what I do, Siobhan thought a bit arrogantly. Then again...it was true in her mind, to a degree at least. The Order of Fire had produced several good warriors, but she still considered herself the apex one. The battle goddess. But if she fell in battle, who would lead it? The same applied to Firemane, where she reigned as absolute monarch.

She banished these thoughts from her mind. "You are wanted. I'll always want you in my life...even if it's not as a lover. I can offer friendship," she promised earnestly and meant it. A sigh escaped her throat. "I'm so gonna have to set you up on dates one day, right, love?" she said half-seriously. It was not entirely a joke. The microwave beeped, indicating that the ready meal was, well, ready. Siobhan planted a loving kiss on Mirien's ankle, then got up, swaying her hips as she fetched her meal.

Mirien nodded solemnly, "I needed to hear that." Then a heavy sigh followed, "As much as I would love to have you in my life always, even just as a friend. In all honesty, it's not something I can promise you. A friend is good enough for me, but it hurts to be here sometimes and I'm not sure if I am capable of weathering that pain forever." It was probably the most honest Mirien had been to anyone at all in her life. "Friendship will have to be it. It's all we can have." The dark queen reached a hand up to brush a stray tear that had leaked from her eye of its own accord. She was trying to be quick about it while Siobhan went and got the meal from the microwave.

Then a strange shift in emotions followed and a small laugh escaped her lips. "It's funny you know, you aside I've never been on a real date with anyone. Not sure I even know how to do that in the least. There just wasn't ever room in my life for it. More or less since my accident I've been married to my job and that has kept me busy enough to let me avoid a lot of my own pains and hurts, and the reality of my life in general. Gods, it's been so strange all of it. My life has never been normal, clearly."

She shook her head and smiled just a tiny bit, "At least I've learned what love is, and you taught me that." Now that was a gift Mirien would cherish and carry with her forever. When Siobhan came back with the meal, the brunette would pick at it, slowly eating, despite not really wanting to. She never did want to eat when she was hurting or upset and angry.

Mirien might have noticed a stray tear in Siobhan's eye, before the Countess quickly brushed it away. It hurt. "Friends," she repeated. "Friends, it is. No, not just friends, sisters. That's what we are. I will always be here to weather the pain, hold you, support you. That's not an idle promise. I am glad that I...at least showed you what it means to be loved. You'll always be here," at that she touched her chest.

"Now eat," she ordered in a faux commanding tone. "And I'm so gonna set you up on dates. It's what sisters do, right? I'll help you find a nice girl who cherishes you and worships the ground you walk on...and is great in bed. Not as good as me, of course, but you can't have everything," she joked. "You got any preferences, love...sis? Better voice them now, before I send you on blind dates." Perhaps this was not the right moment for such a discussion, but she was trying to cheer Mirien up a bit.

"Take the bones," Laina said as she laid them gently into the redhead's hands. "I'll help you envision it." The dark haired Amazon spoke quietly while she reached out to touch Elpsis mind, just touch. "Let me be your eyes right now, you only have to allow me into your mind and you can see what I can see dear daughter of the wolf." Entering another's mind was almost a disconcerting thing for the person who's mind was being intruded upon. And Laina least of all wanted to cause Elpsis harm or fear at all which was why she had only brushed against the girl's mind like a loving and protective mother would, all while trying to portray that feeling to her as well.

If Elpsis let her into her mind, she would soon be able to see the world almost exactly as Laina did, though the colors would be brighter and more intense than usual. "Take the bones, lay them into a star pattern in the middle of the circle. There are no words to speak at this point, just keep your mind and heart open. Allow every barrier you have to fall away, for you are safe here. And to commune with the Great Wolf, you must let the barriers you hold fall away. It's an intense feeling, I know as an empath more so for you, but it is why we of the tribe are so bonded, through this part in our prayers. Do you think you can do this right now? There's no pressure for you to do so. The choice is entirely yours." At this point, Laina waited to let Elpsis make that decision for herself. It wasn't one Laina could or would make for her. It needed to come from the redhead herself.

Laina took a deep long breath and let it out slowly, "Remember, it is not a failure if you cannot be that open now. It only means you need more time. And that is never a failure. Not to me, not to the White Wolf, and most certainly not to the rest of our tribal sisters."

[member="Elpsis Elaris"]

[member="Laina Silvias"]

"Yeah, I can do this," Elpsis said fervently. "I want to. I want to see the world as you do. I want to see her." Letting every barrier fall, opening her mind completely and laying every secret bare sounded more than a little scary. A few months ago, she would have firmly and categorically said no. But she was a different girl now. It was scary, but fears were supposed to be faced and overcome. She trusted Laina and the white wolf. Above all, Elpsis had started to believe in herself, after all those years of running.

I love you both so much, she thought. Words were not needed at this point. Stepping into the holy circle, she placed the bones in a star pattern. As she did so, she opened her mind. She did not rush into things, rather she took her time. Removing her barriers was like peeling away the layers of an onion. Or getting out of Jedi robes. Step by step, each wall fell, and she welcomed Laina into her mind.

The young empath felt a mental jolt through her entire body. Ostensibly, her perception of the world had not changed...but everything was more vivid, intense and visceral than usual. The sensation was almost overwhelmning. "It's so bright," she whispered, sounding a bit awed. It was as if she was using her eyes for the first time. Truly looking upon the world after the blinkers had fallen off her eyes.

"Sisters," Mirien whispered in reply. That term certainly was fitting though a little foreign of an idea to her. "I appreciate it, Siobhan, truly." The brunette sighed and looked down to her food, not even remotely interested but Sio was not going to let her skip out on it despite how much she wanted to do so. With that at least she started to eat a little more, but still just as slowly.

Mirien smiled a tiny bit. "I suppose that is what they do." Then her brow furrowed together, "Honestly Sio, I've never really thought about my preferences. I think it's more a companion of spirit, a kindred soul that I want and find attractive. Looks, species, less so. Those aren't as important as what is inside. I just want someone who is a bit like me, who can understand the things I've gone through over the years."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom