Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Lift With Your Hands

Living in the Jedi Temple was something that required a healthy amount of adjustment for Aron. Going from living with his parents, to living in a giant temple with thousands upon thousands of 'brothers' and 'sisters' was jarring, and extremely difficult. Everyone around him was nice enough, though, and the biological diversity between species was comforting. So many different people, everyone with their own quirks.

It made Aron very, very happy.

He took to his studious with diligence, focusing on every lesson, studying in his off time, and spending much of his evening in one of the many meditation chambers surrounded by several small objects. As he sit, kneeling in the middle of the room, he tried to reach out to the Force. Trying to summon the ethereal energy to surround the items across the floor and cause them to raise. Despite his continued effort, though, he could never raise more than one or two at a time, and began to get frustrated, huffing loudly with each failed attempt before closing his eyes shut and continuing to reach out into the Force.

Raise. Rise. Lift. Do something. he kept projecting, expecting more from himself.
Be better.

Valin Zenth Valin Zenth

wb1.png

TAGS:
Aron Thress Aron Thress
The towering man watched from the doorway. He was quiet for a long time before finally breaking his silence and stepping in. He watched the youth with a hard stare for a time as he started to walk around the smaller. "Just trust and let go." Valin offered in a gentle tone.​

Aron immediately jumped, hearing the voice as the tall man approached him. His crimson eyes opened wide with surprise, a thousand questions behind them, before he calmed down and nodded, closing his eyes again and breathing deep.

He reached out, again into the force. Not…asking. Not demanding. Just…reaching out. As if holding his hand free into nothingness, offering it.

Trust. And Let go. he thought as a feeling emerged from his chest. Something he just knew as the Force. Felt in a different way than he had felt it before.

His father had taught him not to dominate the force, but call upon it. Beckon it to him. What this man offered…felt more like offering a partnership. No commanding, no summoning, trusting.

Aron sat, unmoving for a moment, not feeling anything different besides this new feeling, and opened his eyes.

The items he was trying to lift, all of them, floated a few inches off the ground. Immediately he gasped in excitement, and broke his concentration as the objects clattered back down to the ground.

Despite the feeling of disappointment, Aron was ecstatic. It was certainly progress. He turned again to look up at the man.

“I…thank you, Master….?” He asked, rising to his feet and bowing before the tall man.

Valin Zenth Valin Zenth

wb1.png

TAGS:
Aron Thress Aron Thress

Valin's face split into a wide grin, his ice-blue and cerulean eyes lighting up with a spark of genuine delight. The sight before him, a young apprentice's face alight with the dawning realization of a newly mastered skill, was a rare treasure. It was these moments, small to some but monumental in the journey of learning, that he cherished above all. The connection, that elusive click when everything falls into place, was tangible in the air.

He let out a hearty chuckle, the sound echoing warmly in the training room, when he noticed the apprentice's startled expression. It was as if the young one hadn't expected to succeed, making the achievement all the more sweet.

"Very good!" Valin boomed, his voice swelled with encouragement and pride. It wasn't just about the physical prowess they displayed, but the mental barriers they overcame. "I'm Valin, Valin Zenth; I'm no Master but I hold the rank of Knight. " Valin stated simply.

"Let's try it again,"
he suggested the excitement in his voice unmistakable. "And this time, imagine what else you could achieve with that newfound understanding."

Aron smiled at Valin, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Valin. I'm Aron. Er, Thress." he finished, bashfully, before nodding his head and returning to his kneeling position, closing his eyes, and reaching out into the Force.

He wasn't reaching for anything in particular...just opening the door a bit wider. Allowing the Force to flow through him without a specific goal in mind.

He tried to imagine what more he could accomplish, but his mind was immediately filled with a thousand different things. The Force showed him this room, as if he was a spectral presence hovering through it, and then it shifted to outside in the Temple. He saw his fellow students wandering the halls, masters having distant conversations before the scene shifted again. He saw...home. His Mother, meditating as if he was home on Onderon. His Father, patrolling somewhere as a member of the Defense Force. Again...as if Aron was there with him. He saw his Aunt Damsy Callat Damsy Callat , the first time he'd seen her in years, away on some distant planet, leading her crusade....And his eyes shot open.

He blinked, and realized he had been holding his breath, exhaling slowly before looking up at Valin.

"What did I just do?" he asked, before continuing. "I saw...my family?" He looked perplexed, and stood. "That was...Kind of cool." he said finally, but shook his head with his eyes closed as if clearing an etch-a-sketch before opening his eyes again, "That was a lot...but....good. Thank you Mas...erm..., Valin. I never...really thought of the Force that way."

He wondered what else he could learn.

Valin Zenth Valin Zenth

wb1.png

TAGS:
Aron Thress Aron Thress

Valin's smile widened ever so slightly upon hearing the apprentice's words. "I dunno... Sounds like something Tirin does quite often," he mused, his tone playful yet thoughtful. "I'd need more details to fully understand what you experienced. It sounds like you might have a natural, latent talent for connecting with the Force. It could very well have been Farsight," Valin pondered aloud, his voice trailing off as he considered the possibilities.

He then turned his full attention back to the young apprentice, his gaze piercing yet warm. "Tell me, why do you wish to become a Jedi practitioner? What aspirations do you have for your future? And how long have these aspirations been a part of you?" The questions flowed from him rapidly, each one laced with a sense of expectation and curiosity. As he circled around Aron, examining him, it was clear Valin was searching for something beyond the physical—perhaps a glimpse into the young one's spirit or determination.

Valin's approach was not only for assessing potential; it was about understanding the person behind the potential. His movements were deliberate, each step taken with the grace of a guardian assessing a future ally. What he was looking for was not something easily discerned by the eye—it was the essence of the apprentice's ambition, the purity of their desire to walk the path of the Jedi.

“Huh.” Was alll that Aron could muster at first as he thought about what Valin had said. “Farsight? That name…matches what I felt at least.” He watched as Valin circled him, not moving beyond turning his head. He didn’t know what Valin was looking for, but he didn’t worry about it, staring at him with his eyes shining red in the light of the room.

The questions came at Aron with such speed he was taken aback slightly, before clearing his throat and answering to the best of his ability,

“Erm…I…well…” he struggled, feeling a bit intimidated, “I want to be a good person. I want to help people, save people. I want to be the best version of me for them. I…” he looked down, and breathed deep before continuing, “I was picked on for my eyes when I was a kid. Everyone was afraid of me. They’d call me things like Sithspawn or Aron Bloodeyes or whatever. It always seemed like no matter what I did everyone always assumed…because of these” he gestured to his eyes, “…I must be just…inherently bad. I always tried to prove them wrong. I always wanted to prove I am a good person. I want to save people as a Jedi…me. As I am. I want people to see what I do. The Jedi…the Jedi are my best chance for that.” He exhaled again and looked at Valin, looking for any emotions on his face.

Valin Zenth Valin Zenth

wb1.png

Aron Thress Aron Thress

Valin paused, a thoughtful nod preceding a deliberate crossing of his arms. With a measured step, he closed the distance between himself and the smaller figure before him. Leaning down, he brought his face to within inches of the other's, his mismatched blue eyes—ice and cerulean—locking onto the red eyes before him with an intensity that bridged the gap between challenge and curiosity. The proximity was deliberate, almost uncomfortably close, a test of resolve as much as a display of his own fearlessness.

His face, was a canvas of history etched in lightning tree scars, told the story of a battle fought and the storms weathered. The scars, sprawling from his eye across his cheek and down his neck. It was a wonder he was alive. In this present fleeting moment, they were on full display close and personal.

"And what do you think of my eyes?" Valin inquired, his voice laced with amusement and a hint of challenge. It was a question loaded with layers, seeking not just a reaction to his physical appearance but also probing the depth of the observer's character.

As he spoke, Valin moved to remove his glove, revealing a mechanical hand beneath. The prosthetic, devoid of any covering, was starkly utilitarian—functional, yet devoid of aesthetic grace. There was a whirring of machinery as he flexed his 'fingers'.

Aron blinked as Valin inched his face closer to his, and leaned back, trying to give space without backing away, but eager to maintain as much personal space as he could as Valin studied Aron’s face and looked deep in his eyes. Try as he might, Aron failed to maintain his composure, and began to feel slightly embarrassed as his cheeks grew warm,

“Uh…they’re nice to look at.” He said honestly, his eyes flickering from one of Valin’s to the other.

“Being here helps me appreciate everyone’s differences.” He says, taking a half step back subconsciously before continuing. “I’m…hardly the only person with red eyes around here. Yours are nice. They remind me of pictures of a glacier in an artic.”

Aron looked down at Valin’s hand when he heard the whirring, and almost couldn’t contain himself, “Oh!” He exclaimed, fighting the urge to grab the hand, instead opting to squeeze shut his own so he didn’t. “If you were about to say something about this, I get it! My dad has one too. It’s kinda comforting that you do, too.”

Valin Zenth Valin Zenth

wb1.png

TAGS:
Aron Thress Aron Thress
Valin's warm laughter filled the space between them. "You have a kind and sweet nature," he observed, his voice carrying a note of respect and a touch of surprise. As he straightened, the light caught the intricate details of his mechanical hand before he slipped his glove back over it, concealing its complexity once more.

"It's rare to find someone so openly accepting and genuinely friendly towards those of us with... modifications," Valin continued, his tone more reflective. "Your openness, your ability to see beyond the surface, it's a rare gift," he added, his mismatched eyes meeting Aron's.

"I believe you'll do more than just fine, apprentice," Valin concluded, his voice imbued with confidence. "Your empathy, your curiosity, it's exactly what the galaxy needs more of. And it's what will make you an exceptional Jedi."

“Well…who would I be if I didn’t want people to judge me on my appearance, but I judged others on theirs?” He shrugged his shoulders softly and smiled, “Apprentice? As in…your apprentice?”

Despite having just met the man, Aron was excited. Immediately met with someone who believed in and guided him, despite not knowing who else would take the job, Aron could think of no one better.

Valin Zenth Valin Zenth

"What could it hurt giving it a try?" Aron responded eagerly. Who was he to turn down the first master to take interest in him as an apprentice? At the very least, a mission or two together was in order.

"So...is there...some contract to sign? Some...oath?" he asked, looking around Valin to see if the man was hiding a pen and paper behind his back.

"Or is it just, we're a team now figure it out?"

Valin Zenth Valin Zenth

Aron nodded with a continued smile, “yeah!” He exclaimed, practically bouncing. “I’ll…I’ll do my best.” He said, calming himself and trying to present a more professional demeanor. “A trip sounds good. I’m dying to get out of the temple for a bit. What did you have in mind?”

Valin Zenth Valin Zenth

Aron waited in the hangar, a small backpack of clothes and essentials hanging from one of his shoulders as he waited.

He didn’t know what to think of his new Master. Valin seemed kind, a bit intense, but ultimately good hearted. And accepting. It made Aron feel good, like it was the right choice. He wondered what this trip entailed. Perhaps something about becoming one with nature. He liked the idea well enough, Coruscant was too civilized, too full. Even the Jedi temple, for all its space, felt confining. There were plenty of places to go that could offer a retreat, but it still felt so connected to everything. A weekend retreat, regardless of what the trip actually was, sounded perfect.

Valin Zenth Valin Zenth

There was a large cruiser ready and waiting for him to board. The Aries was almost pure black in detail and looked rather well-kept. Valin was waiting outside and waved Aron over. He led him inside and showed him to an empty room.

"You can set up in here for now if you like," Valin said, gesturing to the room. "After you're done in here, meet me up front in the cockpit, kay~?"

Aron Thress Aron Thress

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom