Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Life Day With The Light Hand (RTL, Prax, Scar)

"Make the tea, Quill, it'll help. Trust me. I'll give you a call when I'm done around here. Coren—"

Cotan faced the other mysteriously-slowly-aging master with a glare.

"—Don't make me put you on that list, too. Romi'd be inconsolable by the time I was done."

Was it an empty threat? Was Cotan playing up being angry for comedic effect? Was he actually agitated?

None could tell.

Maybe.

He pushed on past Coren, walking up to Julius, Tiland, and Jorus with murder in his eyes and hatred in his heart, reaching out to Jorus prepared to rip his intestines out and drape them around Julius's neck like a garland with one hand, ready for a handshake. "Jorus. What, you didn't bring another plant to throw at me this time? I can't tell if that's you being thoughtful or forgetful."

Shaye Ares Shaye Ares Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire

Tiland nodded slowly at Jorus’ explanation, “Ahh, that is very fair.” It wasn’t entirely clear, but he would let it go. The aging of humans wasn’t exactly something he always comprehended. They lived such short, fiery lives. There was something beautiful in that, but also something melancholy.

He forced a smile, anyways, eyes catching sight of a much younger person hiding in the shrubbery. The old monk beamed and wakes over, pausing as they all started to toast.

Tiland just gave an embarrassed smile and a shrug. “Well, thank you all. Your words are far too kind. I just thought it would be a nice simple thing to try and get some people together. The galaxy’s a terrible place, but there’s a beauty to it’s simple things as well.”

He paused and waved to Quill as the other elderly Jedi headed toward the door. “See you, Master Quill! Appreciate you stopping by!” Frankly, Tiland was very impressed that Jend-Ro had braved a social gathering.

He turned back to the only young person so far since, since he hadn’t seen Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu yet. “I’m not sure if we’ve met yet, I must confess, or if it was just briefly. Can you perhaps jog my memory?”

Life Day afforded an opportunity that Jerek hadn't taken advantage of in a while. The chance to do something for his own good, he welcomed the change from the last few years. More recently involved with aiding the Scar Worlds, which faced a grim future of slow recovery, it was only the latest in Jerek's constant push on himself. He had to stop to think for a moment to remember the last time he wasn't busy.

Jerek let out a wry laugh at the sight of the facility in front of him. When Master Kortun had suggested he meet here for a Life Day celebration, the young man wasn't expecting it to align so closely with his own thoughts. A reminder to take care of his own health, too? Gripping his gift firmly, he made his way to the Light Hand's celebration.

"Master Kortun, there's hope for you yet!" Jerek heaped his praise gladly onto the Anzati master at the first sight of the cranberry fizzyglug. With all the time he had spent training under the old man, it was good to see that Tiland had learned a thing or two from himm as well. The Jedi quickly took a sip of the tart-flavored drink, letting out a breath as the bubbles played a familiar tune over his tongue, coaxing comfort out of an unfamiliar flavor.

The long-haired man set down his gift, pulling off the top to reveal its contents. "I didn't have much time to prepare better gifts, so I stopped at a Kashyyyk Fried Porg. I got the biggest bucket, I hope that works."

ready for a handshake. "Jorus. What, you didn't bring another plant to throw at me this time? I can't tell if that's you being thoughtful or forgetful."

"I didn't have much time to prepare better gifts, so I stopped at a Kashyyyk Fried Porg. I got the biggest bucket, I hope that works."

Jorus, having just snagged a deep-fried porg drumstick, switched it to his left hand to meet Cotan's handshake greasily. He took a large happy bite. "Good to see ya, kid. Been too long. I did hear you sheriffs and wardens did a good job of keeping the Kathol, uh...I'd say 'clean' but you know what I mean." Not that Jorus had ever been that involved in the quote-unquote law enforcement side of it all, except sometimes as a fugitive. That brought back uncomfortable memories of using the Force, and all that was behind him.

He gestured expansively with the half-eaten porg leg, including everyone — the old-timers and the kids — and moved over to a big window. "So...who's flying what these days?" he said loudly. "I see some nice boats out there."

Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire Shaye Ares Shaye Ares Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu

Shaye's eyes shifted to the ancient master, the one with the longest beard. "Shaye Ares," she said, doubtful that would mean much of anything to him. Unless, of course, he frequented the star-port convenience shops maybe – where there were sometimes posters of her listed as a shoplifter or merchant... or both.

"We haven't met before." She added with a cautionous look at Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun . And she was fairly certain it was the truth. "I'm just here with him." Shaye nodded her head towards Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser .

Her attention was drawn towards the delightful smell of something fried. And in walked another young person. This Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu had better hair than she did, which earned him a narrowed gaze. But, hey, at least she wasn't the only youthful one here anymore.

"Shaye Ares," she said, doubtful that would mean much of anything to him. Unless, of course, he frequented the star-port convenience shops maybe – where there were sometimes posters of her listed as a shoplifter or merchant... or both.

"We haven't met before." She added with a cautionous look at Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun . And she was fairly certain it was the truth. "I'm just here with him." Shaye nodded her head towards Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser .

Jorus snapped his fingers at the name Shaye Ares Shaye Ares . He did, in fact, frequent starport convenience stores, spaceship truck stops, and similar venues. He'd definitely heard that name or read it, but the context eluded him. Something congruent with life in the Outer Rim if memory served. He wasn't judging.

"You're here with Coren, eh? Apprentice, or is your middle name Starchaser?" He'd thought he knew all the kids and cousins once upon a time. Had there been a little kid named Shaye?

"...holy feth, are you his granddaughter?"

Shaye's gaze flickered to Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill ; her brows rose. Apprentice? Nah. She gave a curt shake of her head. Starchaser? Well, technically... but she didn't know if she considered herself part of the family proper. Despite her mood, she couldn't help but laugh when he asked if she was Coren's granddaughter.

"No – I'm his brother's kid." She clarified. Of course, it would have been simpler to say Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser was her uncle, but Shaye wasn't used to saying things like that. Family things.

And she turned to Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor .

"He has adult children," Shaye said. "For all you know, he could be a grandfather."

Julius patted Cotan on the shoulder and sighed.

"All three of us old farts are of that age. Heck, I'm surprised you don't have a whelp a followin ya. But, then I remember your attitude and smell and I get less so surprised."

A friendly smile. He never knew Cotan as well as the others did, but he had always liked the man and how he acted.

"Heck, if I can raise one that turns out as well as my youngest, Desric... Coren could be a doting grandad by now... Speaking of, Jorus... I got a daughter you might like to meet. Looking to learn to work with big ships. Her mum gifted her some questionable cybernetics on Denon last she told me.... Red head, with the temper to match heritage and color...."

He trailed off. looking at Coren for a moment.

"And I never did thank you for sending Tessa my way. Socorro is less lonely with her around... Shaye, any time you get bored of the robed life, come see us ne'er do wells on Socorro... We'll teach ya how the real doin is done."

Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill | Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser | Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor | Shaye Ares Shaye Ares

Shaye Ares Shaye Ares Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire Jorus Q. Merrill Jorus Q. Merrill Cotan Sar'andor Cotan Sar'andor

"Ah, excellent, excellent to meet you, Shaye." He looked up and grinned as someone else entered. "Ah, Jerek! I'm glad you could make it! And yes, I suppose I have learned to make an attempt at Fizzyglug. It feels..." He frowned for a moment as he considered the words. "Disconcertingly dead and artificial."

He paused for a moment to turn back to Shaye and bowed. "Tiland Kortun, honored to make your acquaintance, especially if you're getting dragged around by young Coren here."

Tiland leaned on the walking staff, watching them all bemusedly. "Really, none of you have much grounds to be talking about being old. Surely you're all still in the prime of your youths."

Jerek grinned as an old man swooped in immediately to grab a greasy leg of the fried porg. The smells wafted up to his own nose, but the young man just took another sip of the cranberry fizzyglug. The sugary notes of the tart beverage were enough for him, at the moment anyway, and he stepped away from the refreshments table toward the rest of the party.

Catching the glance of another woman at the party, the Jedi was surprised to find a reception of ire rising from her glare. Taken aback, Jerek returned the stare, then chuckled to himself, both startled and curious by the behavior. He had been an object of mystery or ire before, though never in the company of more enigmatic lightsiders such as Tiland or Coren. He studied her for a moment, then shrugged to himself.

"Master Kortun," Jerek returned his attention to Tiland, who looked rather beside himself without his customary tea in hand. He flashed the master a wry grin, "I have long waited for you to understand just how I feel about your favorite beverage."

Jerek clapped a hand on the Light Hand master's shoulder, and then let out a laugh. For his part, Tiland seemed to take it in stride, moving on to speak with the glaring woman. The young knight caught her name on someone else's lips, and her relation as Coren's...niece? Even more confused, Jerek turned to watch her more carefully from his vantage point off to the side of the group.

He waited until there was a pause in her conversation, perhaps even until he caught her staring at him again. Jerek grinned, motioning her over with a flick of his head. "You know, I've never quite had the sense that I'd unintentionally walked over the grave of someone's ancestors, until right here today. From you." He offered an earnest chuckle, more curious than nervous. "I'm Jerek Zenduu, and I'd be much more pleased to meet you if you please could explain what I've done to offend you, miss."

Shaye glanced sidelong at Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire , and she listened passively until her name was mentioned. Her brows lofted ever so slightly, interested. "Socorro, huh? I might take you up on that." The robed life, as it were, wasn't really her style. She needed a bit of grit.

Returning her attention momentarily to Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun , she gave the elder Jedi a brief nod. Others may have done some kind of a bow, she guessed – that's how she imagined Jedi at least. "Yeah," she said in agreement, Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser was dragging her around for a reason, she suspected. Trying to fill her book with good influences and all that.

But, then motion caught her eye.

Shaye's eyes narrowed warily as Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu waved her over. Great, what did he want? Someone had said his name a moment ago, but she hadn't really been listening. Was it Jared or something? Ah, no, Jerek – it was clarified for her when he introduced himself.

A moment of shock registered briefly on her face, but she did what she could to cover it with a hard look. However, what she could conceal with an expression, she couldn't mask in the force. A flare of emotion – embarrassment, anger – might be evident to anyone sensitive to such things... which was probably everyone in the room, she remembered. What had he done to offend her? Well, she wasn't going to admit the real reason.

"You look like a good kid," Shaye answered after a beat. "I don't like good kids. Don't' get along with them."

At least it was true.

She sniffed and turned her head, hoping that would end the conversation, but she doubted it would work.

Naada Sa

N
The sound of the doors opening again barely sounded through the conversations, letting the tall togruta
glide gracefully inside, carrying a kind smile to her as her yellow eyes traced over each of them as she now
made her way over to the table without rushing. She carried her hands in front of herself, concealed within
unusual robes for her species; expensive, it seemed, and not a trace of animal bones and the likes which
would reveal that she was from Kiros.

"Forgive me, I'm a little late." she spoke, as she put a hand to her chest as if to express just how sincere her
words were, followed by a slight bow. She could sense a tension in the room between two of them and it was
confirmed once she took one look at Shaye followed by Jerek. Young spirits. She calmly walked around to pick
up he tea-pot and with smooth motions, poured herself a cup of tea to bring along with both hands to the
fragile porcelain to the table where she took a seat. "I would have been earlier, but I ran into an acquaintance
on my way over."
she smiled and lifted the cup up to have a quick sip. "I am Naada Sa"

Jerek opened his mouth and laughed.

The woman had recovered enough from her initial shock to utter a poor lie. To him, it was obvious how she had been feeling, as plainly as if she'd worn it on her sleeve. Jerek was hardly one to accost a being for their feelings, that was just rude. Her words, however, that amused him a great deal.

"A good kid, am I?" His eyes twinkled with delight, the urge to explain just how inaccurate that was swelled inside him. Sharing those details with a stranger just wasn't a good plan. The long-haired knight had to content himself with his answer, which he thought would at least tickle the ears of a few others at the party today. "I don't even think the galaxy lets many kids just be good anymore, and I'm no exception."

He took another swig of his fizzyglug, letting the sweet liquid wash away any of his distaste for any of his past sins. The long-haired knight set it down on a table nearby, leaning over to follow the woman's eyes. "I'm not nearly as pretentious as you might think I am. Give me a chance, I'm sure I can rustle up some trouble to show you."

"What's your name, anyway?"

Jerek Zenduu Jerek Zenduu Shaye Ares Shaye Ares Naada Sa

Tiland raised an eyebrow at Jerek's statement, "I think you misunderstood. When I say it tasted lifeless... I mean there is nothing of the Force within it. It's all..." He grimaced and made a face. "Artificial. Flat. Chemical and the like." His eyes twinkled at the statement, but he let them move away, carried by the flow of the Force through the length of the room.

Someone else entered and he tilted his head, surprised. Someone he had never met before. That was unusual amongst the Jedi and Light-siders of the Outer Rim, not compared to the massive orders of the Silver Concord and the New Jedi Order, but it was always a delight when someone new arrived anyway.

"Excellent to meet you, Naada Sa," Tiland said, with a bow. "I am Tiland Kortun. Delighted to meet you. Do come in and meet the others."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom