Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Life Day Holiday Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Life Day Holiday Challenge...

Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa. Throughout the month of December countries around the world come together with family to celebrate and be merry. It's a joyous time for family friends to be thankful with one another, exchange gifts and good times, and appreciate all that they have and have been given. We here in the codex would like to bring those good sentiments to you the people of Chaos. In honor of the holiday season we are hosting a Life Day Holiday Challenge.

We are challenging YOU with the creation of a holiday themed NPC utilizing the gifts of your fellow CHAOS members in the form of Codex Approved Species. In the spirit of including everyone of all cultures and holidays from across the world these NPCs can be themed from any holiday celebrated in the month of December or any relevant canon Star Wars Holiday.

Challenge Criteria:
  • All contest submissions must have the "Life Day Holiday Challenge" in their title.
  • You may only use species from the Approved Species section of the Codex for your NPC.(The Species Index is also nifty to use during your submission, its pre-sorted!)
  • NPC must have some type of mythical holiday lore and/or “spirit”. Think of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Krampus, Belsnickel,Yule Cat, etc. These are merely suggestions. Please let your imagination run wild.
  • Your NPC must either clearly display how it relates to the holiday in question, or have an accompanying description.
  • Previous submissions (beyond the Approved Species) may not be used in the contest.
  • Submit all entries with [Life Day Challenge] in the NPC forum.
  • Submissions may use previously completed dev threads. All dev threads must be completed a week before the contest ends.
  • Maximum of three entries per writer
  • All submissions must be completed and fully approved by Friday, December 23rd. This includes submissions that require IC development.
  • Entries that fail to meet the completion date will be dropped from the Challenge.
  • All Members, Staff and Staff Representatives are encouraged to participate and are eligible to win.

Submissions will be judged based on:
  • Lore - How well you research the holiday and tied the species to it.
  • Creativity - How abstract and creatively the submission demonstrates the Life Day and overall holiday spirit.
  • Content - Grammar, spelling, and how well-written the submission is.
  • Utility - Likelihood of others using the submission in the future for RP lore and threads.

Prizes:

The winner of the Life Day Holiday Challenge will receive a No Development Necessary Pass for one new codex submission and may choose one of the following:
  • 1 type of Restricted Material mineable deposits on a new custom planet sub (phrik, cortosis, stygium)
  • An A quality elite unit
  • A Force Nexus of medium size (within a location or on a new custom planet).
  • A Master-Ranked NPC or NPC with special possession or skill.
  • A species with special skills or all Force user.
  • A unique space station with significant customization.
  • A location with special/significant defenses or attributes.

Entries (in order of approval time):

Yalkoma - The Red Bladed Tiger by [member="Darth Seraphic"]
Castianna Lo'tel by [member="Darth Ignus"]
Nicholas the Tree by [member="Desmond C'artyom"]
Donam by [member="Lady Kay"]
Yama by [member="Kevros Kovani"]
Ruvaen by [member="Aster Rose Baelor"]
Daemon Crafters by [member="Damien Daemon"]
Nephatyx by [member="Riven Black"]
Lenny by [member="Zeradias Mant"]

Matreya

8ffd8b1e292d97550b50da36ed9c1068261ac8dcdf3fb7445755f7418401d30f.jpg

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Star Wars Santa Claus is allowed. After all, Santa(er...well,Father Christmas anyways) is based on the real life Saint Nicholas. This is why I included things such as Yule Cat and Krampus in the third bullet, as much of the holiday spirit is based on lore and/or mythical entities. Of course, I expect these submissions to wow me with some creative lore.

[member="Zeradias Mant"] | [member="Silencia"] | [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

Wasn't sure who to bother so...

I figured I'd ask all three that I thought might know.

Can we use two Approved Species to create the submission as a whole. Basically, can I have a protagonist as one species of choice and an Antagonist as the opposition?

Also is this restricted to one planet? Does a planet have to be mentioned within the submission at all, or can this be a location anywhere in space as well?

Sorry for bothering you, and thanks in advance.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Kevros Kovani"]

It's no trouble at all, we're here to help.

Really the only requirement is that it's an NPC sub using Chaos approved species. Obviously a location will be needed, but it's up to you where that is. When mentioning the location (which will likely be based on a planet), please be sure to link the planet in your sub, and location if applicable. So long as the sub for the NPC is using the Chaos approved species, you should be fine.

If you have any other questions, feel free to bring them up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom