Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Life According to a Zambrano Kid

Pillar of Education | Inquisitor | General

Valen Arenais

ykOFmaf.jpg
The Sith vanished as a tactical move which confused the galaxy. Forces who longed for war, hiding behind false doctrine called the Light of Ashla, those same forces which salivated over the desire to eradicate the Sith took to their own neighbors to weed out those of neutrality and indifference. How far would they weed the insignificant until they had naught left but their own citadel? They will stop at no destruction to eradicate the galaxy of the Zambranos. This thing they call the Light of the Force, how it consumes, how it corrupts, how racist it fashions hearts. Ninety percent of the time, it is the Light which invades first, and draws the first sword. Therefore…

There is no Light any longer, only Darkness. The Sith have won in their attempt to corrupt hearts, for the jedi of old are long eradicated.

Show me one who believes himself good, and I will mirror him his true inner soul.

Valen had been brought to the barracks of Malsheem, and shall be pressed to labor in secret, till his patience might become spent. In all of it Zeza hoped to uncover his fury, and her casual life meant to cause confusion with his personal self-image. The daughter of Carnifex, royalty, a god of the Force, and the Nightsister Queen, the young Crusader felt little need to explain her doings to those beneath her status. In the middle of the night she had her apprentice awoken, and without sharing reasoning, moved to the room sharing a wall with her own. His duties would be added upon that he shall serve as her personal guard; not that she requires guarding, but to fulfill her personal fleeting whim, which in turn shall hasten the result of teaching him to permit the Darkside its consumption of his soul. At least, that looks fine in print, as she wrote out the order in her datapad. Yes, she does want him broken, but also decided it is time to bring him into the life Malsheem has to offer. She refuses to let him lose himself to his calling. She won't let him become just another number among the branded faces that make up the Sith legion. Valen always stuck to his duties in silence like a beast without choice, and Zeza could not understand why he would subject himself to such abuse. She long sensed him to be only part of a sentient being. He felt only half spiritually present at most times. Sure he could fight his way out of any duel, but he wants less than life has to offer. She began to feel a sense of pity in that regard, and as her apprentice, she would not allow half a man to represent her family name as his popularity and notoriety increased!

While the hour her orders to remove him from the barracks were executed, she slept soundly. She did not stir until hours later. The young girl awoke and climbed down from her plush mattress which rests atop a girly replica of Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex 's throne. She stole into the secret passageways of which only the royal guard should be keen; years ago while studying the art of mental intrusion such was revealed to her. She since utilized them, mapped them in her mind, and understanding their imperative necessity, told none of their existence. She learned the mental tricks necessary to pass the guard undiscovered for years. Oft times she got both her brothers Girak and Magnus Cadera Magnus Cadera into trouble by intruding upon their private quarters and intentionally messing with their personal things. It wasn't so terrible of her, because they did such things on their own anyhow and accepted responsibility. One twin would blame the other, or clairvoyance would reveal to the oracle Sith Zeza's actions and they would label such their poltergeist.

Into the hidden passageway, hours before the onset of artificial daybreak, Zeza silently entered the room which shared her wall, finding Valen enjoying the security and comforts of his new arrangement.

'T-isk, t-isk.'

She ignited her Lightsaber, breaking the peaceful silence, emitting flash of blinding light amidst the darkness of his sleeping quarters, betting full well he is clutching his own, probably in both hands while he sleeps, lest he lose one if unprepared to react!

rIeS0do.png
iYbzYa3.png

Darth Ahriman

D
'T-isk, t-isk.'

Valen's eyes snapped open, immediately moving to roll across his bed and throw himself over the side, lightsaber already in hand and activating to brighten up the room in response to the ignition of Zeptepi Zambrano Zeptepi Zambrano 's own weapon, the Acolyte positioned in a single-kneed crouch, the hilt held firmly in both hands with the blade raised at an angle defensively.

And then he realised who it was who stood before him, the presence of his Master reaching him before his eyes had properly adjusted to the light of both blades cascading against the rooms prior pitch darkness.

Slowly, his blade lowered and Valen moved to stand upright before her. She had clearly disturbed his sleep as his torso was laid bare, scars of battle sporadic over his chest and back from previous battles in the defence of the Empire, battles that she had sent him into with little chance of survival aside from what he had made of his time in the battlefield. His accomplishments thus far were rightfully his to wear, earned in the flesh and only now exposed to the eyes of another.

In the deactivation of his weapon, the sound of the energy dissipating back into the hilt, Valen greeted his Master as dutifully as one would expect of an apprentice standing before their superior; "Master. What need do you have of me" he spoke, not as a question but a statement, his head lowering in a gesture of respect and obedience.

He was not someone who would flaunt his personality before others, nor shirk the importance of duty, the structure of command or act in disobedience. The man was young, not yet having reached his second decade of life and yet at the same time he had never known a normal one. Two years before, his earliest memories were his time enslaved by other rogue Sith and freed by the Silver Jedi. From there he had found his way back to the true Sith Empire in search of power and strength to never again be a thrall to others, and now he stood willingly in the presence of another, not enslaved to her but having chosen of his own free will to serve under, and to learn all that she was willing to offer.

Valen Arenais

ykOFmaf.jpg
Zeza and Valen had at some time grown beyond the beginning stages of their relationship where she pushed and he panicked to respond. Somewhere along the way of her repetitively pushing his survival instincts to kick in without forewarning, a bond had formed which no one had prepared her for. Trust had formed between the two. Trust with an outsider, now makes Valen an insider. All her capabilities, all that she knows, her Lightsaber a harbinger of death, ignited, she approached him as a weapon. Valen first panicked awakened from a sound sleep, where he instantly brandished his own. He finally puts away his blade without question and asks how he might serve her because of that bond.

In her mind, Zeza has yet to mature away from her recklessness for serious character development. She can perform great feats with her limited skills, and always there are more she is dedicated to learn at any given moment. Her flaws lie specifically in her immaturity. Valen is her very first apprentice, and he is teaching her to think outside the box as she trains him, and as she evolves into a leader. Leading an Army of non-force sensitives is easy, textbook studied plays put into action, cognitive plans unfolding in reality. Valen however, is no fool and deserving of proper respect. Their relationship is not to be studied between the pages of any book scribed by anyone else. Their's stretches beyond the strict, cordial military ranking system of engagement, boundaries within which all must engage. A far more personal connection is brooding. There are times for orders, and then there is a far less common break in duty, where the door is opened permitting the players of a much bigger galactic scheme, to simply exist.

Zeza's emotional expression matched her current realization, while she too set aside her weapon for a lesson in survival he apparently does not require, to perhaps engage in a meeting of the minds. She is not about to disrupt the entire family by causing a ruckus which will definitely call the royal guard to arms. She had been glad to see him sleeping. The Imperial and the Force Sensitive barracks alike are filled with a plethora of unsettling chaotic energies from the newer Initiates, stark in contrast with the seasoned warriors. It is enough to keep many unsettled and awake, lest they pass out from sheer exhaustion. The family quarters are far more profound and the energy constant, the sensation smooth and welcoming to those who belong steeped in the wells of Darkness.

"I wanted to welcome you into the comforts of a personal dwelling. You have set yourself apart from the other Acolytes and earned this luxury. I hope you find it suitable." She walked over to the view-screen station and with a series of taps to a small control panel, the wall mirrored the celestial image of the physical location of Malsheem in space, as witnessed on the bridge. Far off in the distance, an endless energy roiled in glittering explosions, as a Darkside Force Nexus snakes its path across the quadrant. "I want you to feel at home here. I have read that feeling a sense of inclusion and belonging is an important aspect of one's success. But so far, I have noticed that you tend to stand apart from the others. I came to ask you what is on your mind?"

rIeS0do.png
iYbzYa3.png

Darth Ahriman

D
"I wanted to welcome you into the comforts of a personal dwelling. You have set yourself apart from the other Acolytes and earned this luxury. I hope you find it suitable".

Valen had, in all that he could recall, only ever been given the simplest of quarters. His "Awakening" on Arcadia-N-30 had of course been the worst of conditions, a metal cage to call his own when he wasn't receiving beatings from his captors. After being discovered by the Silver Jedi he had been given temporary quarters on Kashyyyk within their Silver Rest, a bare room with plain colours but the comfort of a bunk was heaven compared to what he had before that.

Now here on Malsheem Valen had the comfortable bunk, a personal terminal with access to the Sith Archive Databanks, his own shelves and furniture to store all his belongings as well as private refreshment quarters added as an extension to what he had already believed to be a vastly larger room than he had expected to ever be able to call his own.

"I want you to feel at home here. I have read that feeling a sense of inclusion and belonging is an important aspect of one's success. But so far, I have noticed that you tend to stand apart from the others. I came to ask you what is on your mind?".

"These quarters are more than suitable, Master. It is far more than I have ever had before" Valen replied to Zeptepi Zambrano Zeptepi Zambrano , speaking openly with her as she was the single only person that he felt he could do so with. That, in itself, was something of a revelation as he hadn't actually considered the depth of such a trust that he had built up in her. Zeza was his Master, and they had spent some deal of time together now, yet neither of them had really talked about their apprenticeship in the sense of being such a personal connection or bond.

When she asked him about how he was feeling, and what had been on his mind, Valen paused to consider his response. Not for lack of an answer but rather he needed to consider how to put his thoughts to words. "Malsheem is not what I'm used to, is all. Our leaving the Empire and Dromund Kaas was sudden and unexpected. Now I find myself here among your family, Darth Carnifex and Darth Prazutis, among many others...-Sith whose names are known wide across the Galaxy" he spoke with a sense of admiration and wonder.

"I felt I knew my place on Dromund Kaas within the Sith Academy, and now that we're here...-I'm uncertain of what to expect. The Zambrano family has always been a league of its own, yourself included. I'm uncertain of what to expect, as well as why we left to begin with?".

Valen Arenais

ykOFmaf.jpg
"I too have been on a deep introspection." She sat down upon the edge of his bed and faced him. " I came to this conclusion: the Sith have ever been caught in a power struggle against the rest of the galaxy. Not matter where we are, they hunt us on our own soil. Our people being confined to that soil hindered our safety and our growth. The Darkside shall forever flourish amidst our nook in the galaxy, only no longer must we remain stationary in our quadrants. Let the jedi come to the worlds if they think themselves more powerful than the Darkside Nexus which will surely warp the thinking of the most steadfast Light welders. It has the power to alter their way of thinking to match our's. The Light cannot save them here. In this new worldcraft we now bring our soil anywhere we desire. We bring the front lines with us now!

"Some put the Empire before its Dark Lord. As a Zambrano myself, I could never do that. See, my Father, Lord Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex along with my Uncle Darth Prazutis Darth Prazutis , together they have fashioned themselves to literally be the embodiment of the Darkside. Before I was even born, they masterminded this idea about moving away from the confines of the Sith Systems. My Father stepped aside from the mantle which led the Sith Empire, and focussed on building our people up by giving us this wonder, Malsheem, knowing the masses would struggle to wrap their heads around this unique change. His move led the galaxy to fall into a sense of false victory against the Sith. What this truly is though, it is our new approach in dealing with the Wars. We shall suffer our enemy the confusion of our tactical advancement.

"The Imperials warring against the hands that created them is an accident which shall never repeat itself. Malsheem's soldiers are genetically engineered, born and raised under structured physiological and psychological observance. These currently will not survive apart from us. The Sith who have been invited into our new home, belong here. That includes you. I have to admit, while I have seen hatred and anger instantaneously bloom within the eyes of a jedi upon merely discovering the presence of the Sith, I never imagined my own Apprentice would appear so confused as you seem. I hope what I have revealed to you leads along a path which you are willing to walk."
The severity of her words did not reveal the implication of the reality of what shall happen to him should he willingly reject his current appointment.

rIeS0do.png
iYbzYa3.png

Last edited:

Darth Ahriman

D
"It's not a matter of confusion, so much so as the fact that I put everything on the line out in those battlefields for an Empire that, when things were looking bad, we were merely called to walk away from the rest who remained to fight our enemies. It feels weak to leave behind those that I fought and bled alongside, leaving them to their fate while we now find ourselves..." Valen glanced around his new quarters, not with a lack of appreciation but rather a sense of unfamiliarity in all its new fashioning compared to what he had become accustomed to back on Dromund Kaas.

Dropping his gaze after a pause, he would conform with a bow in her presence as he bid her further words; "Of course, I will follow your lead as I have since the beginning and I do not mean to question you but merely seek to understand, Master". Valen spoke not with a sense of apology but rather that of his mind in explaining himself and his current questions so that Zeptepi Zambrano Zeptepi Zambrano understood that he was not doubting her leadership as his Master and nor would he disobey her command, it was simply a matter of understanding how they had come to leave that which he had nearly given his life for in countless battles past.

"I've come to understand that the Imperials know nothing of our ways, and their rebellion against your father comes from a need to rule themselves. They do not know what it is to command the power that is the Darkside and so within their limited sight, they do what they can to retain whatever power is within their grasp. They're not the first, won't be the last and many Sith themselves have been known to resort to turning upon their own in order to attain a higher sense of power and authority..." Valen spoke as if the war between the Empire and the New Imperial Order was something to anticipate, "The cycles of war in this Galaxy have proven themselves endless, peace only fleeting before another enemy would present itself to the Sith and therein renew the cycle of bloodshed. I've seen this in my studies, as well as in the field" he remarked, seated on the side of his bed with his eyes looking past her, his vision taken by the memories of his past battles.

"The Darkside of the Force is one thing. I can feel it calling to me, I can feel the power I am able to harness with every last breath taken by my foe and it ascends me to new heights in my training. An exhilarating feeling that I never dreamed of knowing, thanks to your guidance" he glanced back up at Zeptepi in acknowledgement of her wisdom and experience.

"What I did not expect however was to see you and those other girls acting the way you were when we first arrived here. You were not the Master I had come to know...-Was that an act? A ploy used to fall in line alongside them and be counted among them?". The truth of the matter from Valen's point of view was that, in being created through cloning technology, still unaware of the truth of his life and being unable to reconstruct those memories of a past beforehand, Valen had never been given the opportunity to live a life fit for one of his age, to behave immaturely, lighthearted and promiscuously as they had seemed to have been at the time.

Valen Arenais

ykOFmaf.jpg
"Do not speak the words Sith and weak in the same sentence ever!" she snapped. Mixed emotions rushed to her surface. On one hand she could have struck him down for his lip and yet on the other she felt terribly bad for him of all people, a war hero, to speak of their move as being one exhibiting defeat. "Alot of reasons built up to deciding changes for the Sith which I am not at liberty to speak of, and others which I am neither required nor privileged to know; all the more for you. We have Diviners with us who foresee and advise what the best next course of action is for our prosperity. The Empire did not walk away and leave our faithful citizens prey to the galaxy. Alot has happened which you and I were not involved in directly. Understand, that we weren't ever fighting to keep worlds, but we fight to uphold our ideals. On Malsheem, our base simply has the means to move with us. The Empire is directly joining other factions; maybe they have compromised by being the ones to relocate, but the values we stand for still exist in the heart of the Sith Brotherhood."

She did not know for sure if she can even speak the right words which will help him understand the need for recent events. "Many Sith have surfaced out of the abyss recently, who instead of seeking unity with us, are hell bent to overpower all Sith nations and become thee singular ruler of us all. Why can't the new tactic be to let them and the Imperials fight it out, while we will lay in wait for a while?" She decided, "You are free to pose your questions to anyone in higher authority than mine to answer them. I will not be offended if you do. Just…I have grown among my family long enough to fully trust their choices, without question, always. Believe me, I do try and uncover any reason not to feel in sync with their decisions!" Should Valen come into her Father's presence, Zeza is certain her Apprentice would understand better her steadfast devotion. Maybe that is exactly what he needs. "Have you even ever met the Dark Lord face to face before?"

The gaze she rested upon him finally, is one much more placid than a moment before. "If after you might find your answers from anyone other than myself to be satisfactory, I will not retaliate against you should you feel that your place is elsewhere." She wanted to add, that she would feel saddened if he left her side, but she couldn't say that here and now. It would feel awkward.

Valen's question regarding his observance of her alongside her kindred, caused her brows to raise in unison. "My crib mates?" She has no knowledge of Valen's past, nor how life is or is not lived between siblings throughout the rest of the galaxy. During the short time she has lived, she is aware that a Sith's life is very different from outsiders. If not, wouldn't there be galactic peace? "I would never put on any facade with my family. They would see right through it. We don't judge one another. Unless you mean…are you asking me if…? Exactly what do you intend to say?" She desires to understand what he means to ask. She could not begin to imagine his life experience, unless he were to detail it for her. "Didn't you have crib mates, Valen?"

rIeS0do.png
iYbzYa3.png

Darth Ahriman

D
"Do not speak the words Sith and weak in the same sentence ever!".

Valen held eye contact with his Master, unflinching, undeterred. To respond with anything less than his full attention, or to allow his emotions to influence a reaction in the face of her command would have been to disgrace the relationship between them as Master and Apprentice; At least, that's what he believed. Obedience to the single most respected and authoritarian figure in his life.

The notion of the Empire turning to seek aid from other groups in order to overcome their enemies, at first, sounded like a move of weakness; Yet in the bigger picture of things, he knew that it could easily be considered a survivalist tactic and one in which the Empire was preserving it's own while utilizing neighbouring powers to retain their own sovereignty.

The mention of other Sith seeking to proclaim themselves the dominant and ruling Sith power in the Galaxy did not come as a surprise either, as Valen himself had stood face to face with one of the sith that was part of the invading Sith Army to one of their holy worlds. Valen had fought in the battle not only as the representative of his Master's reputation and legacy but also out of respect and devoted service to the Sith Emperor himself, the Dark Lord Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex .

"Have you even ever met the Dark Lord face to face before?"

"I have never had the honour of meeting the Dark Lord Carnifex, no Master" Valen admitted nonchalantly. There was no regret or displeasure to his tone, no sense of being left out as such an honour was simply not worthy of his station. One did not simply meet the Dark Lord of the Sith, this was an honour reserved for true and proven Sith Lords. By comparison, Valen was as unworthy as your average citizen and this was simply the way of things. The hierarchy and chain of command within the Sith Order.

"I would not presume to expect such a thing. I am fortunate enough to be apprenticed to someone of your experience and heritage; It is enough that I am able to serve under someone of the Dark Lord's bloodline" he further spoke. Zeptepi Zambrano Zeptepi Zambrano , a daughter of the Dark Lord of the Sith, there was no way of anticipating such an undeserved yet not unappreciated blessing in his path to power and prestige within the Dark Brotherhood.

"Didn't you have crib mates, Valen?".

The question was somewhat unexpected, and he responded with a visible look of confusion. "My earliest memories are of the recent years. The Jedi found me enslaved. They freed me, and then I proceeded to seek out the Sith Empire. That was when you and I first met, Master" Valen replied simply, as though there was nothing unusual to the absence of a former life and past before the aforementioned event. "What family I might have, I believe may be with this Cult, but I do not know their faces. All I have is the memories of my own incarceration to go on".

Valen Arenais

ykOFmaf.jpg
"No memories? What the hell did they do to you? Those jedi are horrible people! I never imagined they would be THAT inhumane." she remarked at his confusion about his past. "Well family is just different. You're not required to exhibit any specific cordiality. You don't have to live up to roles or expectations. I guess its like living with no more cares than you see of people anywhere else, on any given planet. You just be, unapologetically. You must do that with someone!" He could have continued to gaze at her like a deer in headlights, or not at this point, regardless she tried to explain, "I felt that…maybe you lost who you are. Like you're a bit paranoid, like you need a break from all the elevated adrenaline. I want you to learn as much as you can, but you never seem to take your furlough seriously as well. Taking care of your mental state is very crucial to survival. When you are with me and my siblings, you are free to just be yourself." She wondered if he could be any less militant. "I believe that you know how to relax. I've seen you sleep. I'm not going to stop teaching you, if you stop being so formal around me at all times. Every role has a time and a place. That day with my family, was how I shed my responsibility."

She thought for a moment. "There must be more things you do in a less than militant manner." 'Shower for one. No,' she thought. "You have a pet already. Maybe you should take care of one of the babies for a day or two a week! That ought to make or break you. Either way, it would reveal an aspect of yourself that likely isn't militant!" Even her father lifted her upon his knee while she was very young. He told her stories of his life and emphasized the remarkable details with sound effects and fluctuations to his voice. If Carnifex, a god could do it, then Valen should not shirk at the idea! "Maybe you do just need a kiss, like my sister thought!" She burst out laughing.

Zeza looked at him for his response, to see if he showed any inkling of actually doing a thing she advised. She could march him down to the nursery to window shop, and while the little tykes would just be rousing from their sleep! She rose a brow at him, meaning to question, 'Well? Did any of this make any sense?'

rIeS0do.png
iYbzYa3.png

Last edited:

Darth Ahriman

D
"It wasn't the Jedi that enslaved me, they were the one's who discovered and freed me. I've learned that it was a Cult called the Disciples of Typhojem who are responsible for my capture" Valen responding, setting the record straight for his Master's awareness.

"According to records I've found in the Archives back on Dromund Kaas, they were formerly affiliated with the Empire and a Darth Veneer before being cast out for accusing the Empire of heresy against the word of Typhojem...-Whatever that means. Apparently some sort of deity to these worshippers" Valen explained, sharing his findings with Zeptepi Zambrano Zeptepi Zambrano , of which he had spent the last year under her tutelage using his free time to research and seek answers to his past and so many unanswered questions.

"My time with the Silver Jedi on Kashyyyk was a result of my freedom. Nothing more" he added, wanting his Master to know for certain that his allegiance to her and the Empire were steadfast, and there nothing to be questioned in his loyalties.

"I felt that…maybe you lost who you are. Like you a bit paranoid, like you need a break from all the elevated adrenaline. I want you to learn as much as you can, but you never seem to take your furlough seriously as well...".

"I am as the Sith have made me. A result of your teaching and guidance, Master" Valen answered her once more. Zeptepi wasn't incorrect, Valen hadn't only lost a part of himself but rather had never discovered who he was as an individual, nor knew of any existence that had been of his own volition until his decision to seek out the Sith Empire and embark on his vendetta against those who had wronged him.

The mention of Yucco, Valen's pet Mykal came as something of a surprise in that he hadn't known his Master had taken that much of an interest in noticing his smaller friends present in the Acolyte's life. Valen did not make a habit of parading the Mykal around in public. In fact, he had likely neglected the creature as he'd been so distracted and insistent on pursuing his need for vengeance.

"Maybe you do just need a kiss, like my sister thought!".

To this last remark, the Acolyte's eyes widened before his brow furrowed and he looked back at his Master uncertainly. "I'm not certain what that would accomplish Master, let alone the possibility to begin with. From what I have gathered, I have existed to none until the day I took up my sabre and struck down those who defied the Empire. My place is on the battlefield. That is where others see me, and there alone. There I am someone...-Worthy".

Or at the very least, on his way to proving himself worthy of being more than just a shadow. More than just a slave. A nobody.

Valen Arenais

ykOFmaf.jpg
"Ah yes," Zeza commented as Valen restated his history with the jedi. "Truly they had their own plans for your life, even if they never made you aware. You benefit the Empire, and I would never take actions in such a manner. You are one of us."

Zeza rested her gaze upon him the whole time he spoke. She studied his every twitch, and when and where his eyes changed focus. An instinct led her as she dealt with his problem. "Truly you have far too much weighing on your mind which may even hinder your progression. Perhaps we need to turn your destiny away from that of the Empire for the moment and free up your time to focus on other objectives," she said rising from her place where she sat at the edge of his bed. "Cannot have you feeling obsolete. And I might be realizing I am far too vain to keep risking your life in the Empire's joint effort. Only one Sith Faction will be left standing at the end of this War, be it in unity or by way of genocide. Let the traitor Sith be weeded out by one another, before we waste our time on them again. Technically, all risks taken toward the end goal should be acceptable to honor my Father and ought be hailed as worthy actions. I wish to wait it out, not expend the faithful troops. Hold out with our Army strong until the last...then seize the moment. They will be surprised!" she said with much air of fascination.

She stared out his view screen. "I believe there is something in you that needs addressing, which may be a danger to you on the battlefield. My Mother taught me that secrets can unearth within the mind while simply catching a glimpse of the most unpredictable and harmless of totems. Secrets are not meant to be shielded from yourself. When you don't know them, they are a danger to you. I think you have buried secrets. This simply must be addressed before it becomes harmful."

She thought for a moment. She could use a potion on him, but that still would not satisfy him one-hundred percent. "Perhaps it is time we satisfy your longing," she said as she twirled around to face him again. "Let us pay your past associations the visit that has long caused your thoughts to daydream."

rIeS0do.png
iYbzYa3.png

Darth Ahriman

D
"...I think you have buried secrets. This simply must be addressed before it becomes harmful."

Valen remained quiet, the notion of there being secrets behind his time with the Disciples of Typhojem and what history lay before that didn't come as any form of comfort or reassurance, though he knew it wasn't intended to, as opposed to her expressing to him of Zeptepi Zambrano Zeptepi Zambrano 's suspicions therein. Glancing to the floor for a moment, he couldn't help but wonder what else lay beyond the veil of his memories.

"I've always assumed they know something of my family, but I've no evidence to support that. The Archives did not provide much, if any clarity surrounding their origin, and when I try to think back, there's....-Nothing" he said after some thought. It was good to finally be having this discussion with his Master, yet now that the moment had arrived, he found it difficult to know what to say about it. Much of what he believed was based on assumptions and what he wanted to believe rather than cold hard proof.

"Perhaps it is time we satisfy your longing, Let us pay your past associations the visit that has long caused your thoughts to daydream".

The word of consent given to him from his Master caused the Acolyte to look back to her immediately, nodding in firm compliance and appreciation. "I would be honoured to have you at my side Master. I have sought this for a long time now..." He gave a slight smile, brief and not at all typical of his usual character but it would be clear to Zeza that Valen was pleased to have her permission to move forward on the assault against the renegade cultists.

"A couple of months ago I employed the services of some Bounty Hunters to undertake a mission to Mustafar where they were to assault one of the Cultists known facilities. They made contact and it turned hostile as anticipated. The Hunters all survived but I'm uncertain what sort of impact this had against these traitors to the Empire". Valen could still recall their names (Vrun Ryssic, Tovald Kahmen’’a Tovald Kahmen’’a and Faison Kelborn Faison Kelborn ). Their skills had not been without benefit to Valen's wish to make the Cult hurt, but he still required their Leader alive and able to answer all of his questions.

"Arcadia-N-30 was where the Silver Jedi found me originally. The Sith Archives also mentioned Rhen Var, Mustafar and Rakata Prime...-So those could be potential locations we can investigate with your lead and approval, Master".

Valen Arenais

ykOFmaf.jpg
Zeza noted how Valen perked up after she mentioned temporarily relieving him of his duties thus freeing him to assuage his personal vendetta against those who had assaulted him in the past. She had forced him to stew in his misery for so long, that she could not have imagined his reaction to be this pleasant a one. She anticipated she would see him come alive in his rage, but instead she found him exhibiting an emotion akin to joyousness! When he expressed his gratification in her offer to accompany him, likewise she smiled over at him.

His success in this would bring notoriety for her Apprentice with the Kainate. Zeza sought to become exhaled herself in his accomplishments. She knew he would not cease until successful in his endeavors.

'So much for partying and indulging in life,' she thought. "Alright," she began with pursed lips and a look of keen evaluation. "After you are accomplished in this, promise me that you will cast aside your inhibitions and prove to me some semblance of your individuality has survived inside of you. At this moment in time, just how I shall request you do that, is undefined." She imagined just what she might decide to ask him to do! A singular brow arced and a hint of a smile formed once again. "The least interesting of all people are the assimilated Sith." Living for the Empire is a fine lifestyle, but lacking personality is unacceptable for her Apprentice. So far, she has yet to see him exhibit any amusing traits outside of being dutiful to her.

And yet the article written on his endeavors, came across as totally amusing!

rIeS0do.png
iYbzYa3.png

Darth Ahriman

D
"After you are accomplished in this, promise me that you will cast aside your inhibitions and prove to me some semblance of your individuality has survived inside of you. At this moment in time, just how I shall request you do that, is undefined".

Though he did not quite know what this would yet encompass for himself and whatever new identity he might have come to understand following the elimination of the traitorous zealots, Valen listened and took this in as an order rather anything else; Meaning that sooner or later, he would indeed have to come to terms with who he was as an individual rather than focusing fully on what was expected of him and his duties under Zeptepi Zambrano Zeptepi Zambrano 's command. Thus far it had been a brilliant distraction from what was otherwise a mind plagued by questions within his personal downtime.

"The least interesting of all people are the assimilated Sith.".

Her next remark caught him a little off guard, though he had not yet had the time to distinguish any difference from one Sith Acolyte to another. They were all competition and a means for him to measure his accomplishments. "I have no intention of boring you, Master" Valen replied confidently; He was certain in this. He had come this far and had no plans of disappointing her, compromising his place within the Kainate and the Sith Brotherhood's foreseeable future.

"My objective is to conclude this personal issue as swiftly as possible so that I can realize the past that has eluded me for so long, and then focus entirely on what lies ahead". He was speaking of his place and role as a Sith Acolyte, an Apprentice and a recognized warrior on the future battlefield that would once again see their Emperor's vision made manifest. He wished to further understand the power of the Darkside, and to become a truly intimidating Force User and perhaps one day a Sith Lord. Ambitions that would quietly churn from within, forever in the back of his mind as he looked to continue his training and grow in strength under his Master's tutilage.

Valen Arenais

ykOFmaf.jpg
He is hungry to be free to finally accomplish the goal that has obsessed his thoughts. She knew how his obsession likely is only standing in his way at this point. Where before when he knew very little about fighting and his abilities in the Darkside, his obsession led him to push forward, now he cannot progress while his mind is caught up in looking only into his past. His added success in a long desired victory will drive him henceforth! Her tactical Psychology evolved as she witnessed his progress.

It turns out that he did not break as she imagined he would. He did not storm up to her and demand resources be granted to satisfy his vendetta. Something human inside him must still remain, for he retained civility towards Zepteti, even while she had been cruel and complacent with him. He broke during training and on the battlefield, and like a true warrior seems to inherently understand the correct placement for his driving anger. It isn't here between Master and Apprentice, but out there among the stars while standing amidst one's mortal enemy.

"That's good," she replied hopeful, after he promised to comply to any future tests she promises to challenge him with. If he didn't like it, it wouldn't matter anyway, she shall have her way! Zeza could sic Raya Najwa Zambrano Raya Najwa Zambrano on him; her sister could teach him not to be so stoic all the time.

"Set up anything you need for a departure this evening," she commanded. In the meantime the little princess ducked back out of his room and into the hall. She shall get herself some additional beautyrest. She figures with this new development, Valen will not be able to sleep now anyhow. "Make it happen, then you may signal me at the appropriate time."

rIeS0do.png
iYbzYa3.png

Darth Ahriman

D
Preparation for the new assignment would begin immediately, despite being advised to acquire further rest, Valen instead put his attention towards informing Sigma-Five-Delta of their new orders. While Valen would undertake the coming mission alongside his Master Zeptepi Zambrano Zeptepi Zambrano and none other, the Elite Unit would depart that very night for reconnaissance of the suspected locations that The Disciples of Typhojem were known to visit.

Though they called themselves Disciples, these followers of the ancient Sith Lord and legend were truly nothing but lost zealots and extremists blinded by their worship of a man that had long been dead. They praised him like some form of deity and yet the Sith Lord Typhojem had been no different than the Carnifex of their time. Perhaps in the years to come, Darth Carnifex himself would be raised upon a pedestal of divine worship in the eyes of future Sith. It was a peculiar thought, and though born out of amusement, Valen considered the kind of legacy he himself would like to leave behind were he to be forced to succumb to his own mortality one day.

Orders were given, transmitted across the private network of the Kainate to those still loyal to the Emperor. The Chimera would be readied by suns rise, refuelled and rearmed for the mission to come. The Acolyte would need to spend his time wisely. Like each battle before now, he would commit his final hours to ensure his Lightsaber and Attire were fit to represent the Sith Brotherhood out in public, let alone meet the intensity of expected combat.

By morning, he and his Master would be ready to leave on their first true mission beyond Sith Space. Despite his personal ambitions, this was something of an appealing concept, being able to fight alongside she who trained him, taught him the ways of the Sith and the Dark Side of the Force. Valen was excited to witness Zeptepi's full potential, unleashed against those who would cross them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom