Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Lies My Father Told Me

2Q7TcMr.png

The music was pulsating in time with the strobe lights. Truthfully Skyla hated strobe lights, but it was difficult to find a place to party without them. It was worth it to show off the new dress she was wearing. She had rescued it from a small vintage store that badly needed a new roof. The dress left very little to the imagination and had such an open back it was borderline indecent, but it fit right in with the other attire at the club. All around her half naked women were dancing in cages and baskets of sense altering drugs were being passed around. As if the liquor wasn't enough to lower the inhibitions of the youth. She smirked, realizing this was just the place her father always accused her of frequenting. Well he was bound to get one thing about her life right. A broken clock and all that.

She made her way to the bar and ordered another smoking green beverage whose origins she couldn't remember. It had a mint taste to it and she liked the high alcohol content. Maybe she wasn't just punishing her father by spending her days partying. Maybe she was also punishing herself. That was for some shrink to decide and Skyla rarely had patience to be analyzed. She pushed her way from the bar and headed up the spiral stairs to where most of the VIPs hung out. So far nobody interesting had caught her attention but she was hopping to change that. It was boring to sit and sip a drink by yourself and Skyla hated to be bored. Some might say it was the spoiled little rich girl in her who was so used to spending daddy's money she couldn't stand a moment of tranquility. In truth Skyla hated to be alone with her thoughts because they scared her. Ever since she had read that definition in the dictionary she'd been afraid.

A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

- Sociopath -

cfPTdgK.png

Last edited:
- It was another long day for the warrior turned businessman. He went on one little expedition to the edges of the galaxy and his board of directors nearly ran his company to the ground. The United Trade Conglomerate was one of the richest companies in the Galaxy, as well as the second largest transport company behind Arceneau Trade Company. Yet since his return, hundreds of his ships were lost as well as some of their most profitable smuggling routes were now in shambles. Trillions of credits in profit were washed away by the intervention of crazed cults at the edges of society. Within weeks of returning Jaster was slowly rebuilding what he could. Taking contracts with the Mandalorian Union, working with the Alliance to recover some of his lost assets, and several other ventures. One of which was what brought him here today.

- Lex Kent, the mad karker. Jasters company had been moving questionable goods for the man for years, and suddenly upon his return things changed. LexCore, a company he was kept in the dark about what they sold, had a new addition. The old Mandalorian had been around for a long time, and he had been working in the shadows for most of his career. There was very little he did not already know, and what he didn't, he had the money to find it out. So now he was here, to introduce himself to this new addition.

- Jaster walked into the club with a simple and militaristic black suit that fit his cybernetic body nicely. He commanded the atmosphere in the room however, and those that felt it moved out of the way of the hulking man. The elderly man did not need to use to Force for such tricks, he soaked in the criminal world for 40 long years. One does not survive that long with cutthroats without the type of aura he projected. Next to him was a man and women in nicer parting cloths that also let off an aura not to be messed with. One look at them and you can tell they were also Mandalorians even though neither of them had any scars. They were not there to protect Jaster, but it was the Droid they flanked that was under their protection. That was Twoozer, the only individual in the galaxy that Jaster took advise from. A tactical droid downloaded with strategic outlines of four different fallen nations. The Droid was a national treasure of data and predictive thinking, so much so that he required two elite Supercommando Mandalorians to prevent his capture.

- The elderly Mandalorian knew where to find the person he was looking for, and on his way to the VIP room the bouncer at the stairs did not even look in Jasters direction. He ascended the steps and each step the sound of the his weight on the steps was faint against the noise of the music. He did not have to look for long till he found who he was looking for.

- He walked right up to Skyla Kent Skyla Kent the daughter of the mad businessman he knew from before. "Hello Miss Kent, I dont think I have had the pleasure of meeting your acquaintance," The elderly Cyborg bowed his head a little, his eyes still locked on the woman's. "I am Jaster Awaud, I had the misfortune of working with your father a few time." He recovered and lifted his head, "Would you mind if I joined you this evening?"

- The force was strong with Jaster, it would have felt steam rising off his body after a long hot shower. However, it felt more natural and calming. Jaster was a master of the Natural Force. The feeling of his natural aura felt more threatening then he did through the Force. He was calm and controlled, yet there were still a torrent of emotions attached to the Force. Hints of Happiness, Sadness, Joy, and Anger spewed from even his mechanical parts. Parts of him that many Jedi were taught to be dead to the Force, he had no qualms about hiding the fact he was a Force User.

JI1H9xs_d.webp

“Well everyone suffers misfortune in life. Hopefully you can avoid him in the future.”

She was never surprised when someone approached her with disdain for Lex. He was a very powerful man and the tabloids had made it clear there was no love lose between father and daughter. People could only speculate about the relationship Skyla had with Lex but so far they weren’t far off from the truth.

“So Mr. Awaud... is that the same Awaud with the United Trade Conglomerate? You’ve had some bad press recently.”

She didn’t out much stock in a lot of reporting but if the rumors were accurate then UTC had lost quit a few ships recently. She wondered if corporate sabotage was to blame.

Last edited:
- Jaster smiled at the women, she had a joke within her tiny body. He found it a little entertaining that she was not scared of him. The businessman did not really mind what others had to say, but she was well informed as well. It really just kept him interested long enough to get past the introductions.

- "Well in my business there is no such thing as Bad Press," He chuckled a little, "only free advertisement."

- The Old Man was not just the major stock holder of the UTC, but the only stockholder. Though hidden means and strong arming the other companies within the Conglomerate, he controlled every means of the company. He did not need to worry about his investors, for they were beholden to him. The few times he left to do other business and leave the board to their own devices is when things go wrong. Thats when he was forced to "Let Go" a few of the boardmembers. He cared little about where the money came from, but when his personal projects were staining from a budget constraint. Well lets just say some heads were gonna fly.

- "I have faith the Company will right itself now that I have returned." Jaster looked at Skyla Kent Skyla Kent as if he was reading her mind. However, he knew little on that trick so he just relied on his trained and true method of reading the micro-ticks of people. "So I hear you are taking over for old Lexi, is this true?"

2Q7TcMr.png

Skyla scoffed and snorted at the last statement.

“You need to cancel your subscription to whatever gossip rag told you that. Dear oldDad is nowhere near ready to retire.”

She sipped her drink and watched the dancers over the balcony in a bored sort of way. Just thinking about her father sitting comfortably on Coruscant while she was stuck in the Outer Rim made her blood boil.

“My father decided I would be better off out here, in the middle of nowhere, running a fertilizer processing plant.”

The fact that her father was literally giving her sh!t had not escaped her ironic senses. All of her education and grooming had been a lie. Lex had never intended to share his empire with her. Oh sure he’d bring her in after he broke her, but it wouldn’t really be her anymore. She would be at his whims to do as he pleased with his company. Screw all the education and training! Who needed it when you could have an obedient lapdog running your company?

Sociopath

She turned away from the railing and faced the man in front of her. Perhaps he wanted something, or maybe he was just as bored as she was.

“I can get you a nice deal on Bantha poodo if you want.”

Jaster Awaud Jaster Awaud

cfPTdgK.png

- Jaster knew his information was spot on, the mad man in charge of LexCore would never let his business go without a fight. Even though they worked together, they both had different political opinions that often made them more at odds then anything else. However, Jasters Transport Company was the only large corporation that would transport items of questionable means. The old man knew what he was transporting, but when rebuilding a Trade Empire to rival the top company well one could not be picky.

- A sly smile came across his lips for a second when she mentioned he had abandoned his own daughter. However, he quickly hid that feeling away and he was straight faced when she turned to him.

- "Well I guess even with all the money in the galaxy sometime you just get it wrong," He gestured to the droid and two guards behind him and they bowed and left. Jaster was now alone with Skyla Kent Skyla Kent , well as alone as one could be with a bunch of rich stillborn vagrants with their trust funds to burn through. He leaned onto the railing looking out at the party below, it was no Mandalorian Celebration, not enough fighting, but it was enjoyable. "Do you want to thought Miss Kent?"

- There was an odd feeling he was projecting, but he hid its meaning very well. Jasters darker dealings were often a double bladed weapon, if anyone wanted to wield his devastating power it often came with a price. He was no devil, that was too kind to the devil, but he was a businessman and he never offered a hand without something in returned. Weather it be the Liberation of a Planet, or a simple dealing to get goods past Confederate Lines. Jaster always got the job done, or found someone to get it done for him. His connections ran deep.

JI1H9xs_d.webp

"Truthfully I want nothing to do with fertilizer or my fathers little side project."

She didn't bother hiding the bitterness in her voice. Instead she slipped inside her purse and pulled out a cigarette case. She took one of the thin items out and lit it, offering him one if he wanted. After it was lit she blew the smoke over the railing and watched as it disappeared through the strobe lights.

"So tell me Mr. Awaud, did you come over here to keep some little rich girl company or did you have an agenda?"

She sounded as if she didn't mind either and truthfully she didn't. Everybody had an agenda and Skyla was used to it being just business. Someone who got emotionally affronted easily was not the best person in the cut throat mafia world.

The club seemed extra packed on thie particular night. Machinus (or Raj Daro, as he was known here) was in a private booth, surrounded by associates and dancers. He had come to Jutrand to meet a potential business partner, an individual with certain... questionably legal products that he required for a new project. It was a deal that should have been quick, although now... he was late. Raj began wondering if the wait would be worth it. That is when he noticed Jaster Awaud Jaster Awaud making his way to the VIP room. Taking note of him, Raj called a server over. As the server leaned in, Raj pointed to the room Jaster had entered.

"Tell me, who is in VIP tonight?"

The server looked unsure about how to respond.

"Well, um, we aren't really supposed to say anything about that to our regular guests."

Raj pulled the server closer with a quick tug of the arm, his face growing serious as he spoke.

"I am no regular guest."

The server was visually concerned. Something about the cold, mechanical eyes of Raj made her feel unsettled. After a moment, Raj let go of the server's arm, his usual smile and soft demeanor returning as he handed her a large stack of credits.

"I'm sure you can make an exception."

The server quickly jammed the credits in one of her pockets, looking around to make sure no one saw.

"Well, there's Skyla Kent Skyla Kent , and the man who just went in is Jaster Awaud."

Raj took a moment to peer over to the stairs that led to the VIP area.

"The next round that they order is on me, whatever they want."

The server nodded silently before rushing off to continue work. Raj leaned back in his seat as he took another sip of his drink.

Perhaps this night would be profitable after all...

- Jaster continued to watch over the crowed below them as he stood beside Skyla Kent Skyla Kent , a women of some potential. She showed no interest in taking the company from her father, and it seemed fine to believe that. Parents often looked like giants to their children, especially the mad man that was Lex Kent. He was still alone with her somewhat and looking over the party goers below them and around them.

- He laughed a little, "Well that is an odd thing to ask, of course I have an agenda," Everyone had one even when they were being charitable and goodhearted. "Though you seem like a very enchanting person to have a lovely night with, but I fear I am old enough to be your grandfather."

- The old Mandalorian chuckled to himself and waved over a waiter to order them both a drink for himself and top hers off. He found it a surprise when it was covered by another individual, Darth Machinus Darth Machinus , when he went to pay for the drinks. Seemed there was another interested party that was here to meet with Miss Kent.

- Jaster leaned back against the railing that was looming over the partiers as if they were the lords of their fates. "Your father and I are no longer on what one would call similar paths." He took a sip of his drink before continuing, "I am looking to find a new partner with connections in the Core Worlds that would have similar goals of increased profits over politics, I was hoping we could scratch each others backs in getting what we both wanted."

JI1H9xs_d.webp

Skyla considered his offer while they were offered drinks paid for by someone else. "Please send my thanks and invite him over if he's not already in the VIP section."

She considered what Jaster was saying as she slowly sipped her drink and watched the dancers in the cages below. What did she want? At times she wanted to throw this life away and just go live a simple farm life with good down to the ground people, but she knew that was not who she was and it would never be who she was. Her father had raised her to be a tigress ready to make a profit at any costs. It wasn't easy to let go of the power that money provided, even if it did make life more complex.

"Well I suppose I could put my trust fund to better use than nightclubs, booze, and heartbreaking relationships. Perhaps we could form some sort of agreement that brings together the worlds largest corporations who conduct business the way we prefer." She of course meant a business that wasn't concerned with legalities. To make money one had to ignore certain rules, and the Kents were damn good at that.

"There could be a lot of money to be made in the Core Worlds and I'm sure there are more men out there, like you, who would love to piss off Lex Kent."

Jaster Awaud Jaster Awaud Darth Machinus Darth Machinus

Jane lovett

J
Walking in wearing a Dress the corusanti supermodel caused quite the stir walking people started talking as she walked up to the bar. "Give me a drink and make it sweet" she said flashing him a pearly white smile "sure thing ms lovett" he said pouring her a drink " your getting a lot of free drinks from clients here ms lovett" he acclaimed she smiled and giggled a bit it was a mask to hide her true nature "Give them to the vips" she said sipping her drink.

Just then a large muscular man walked up "hey baby wanna come home with a real man" he said. She smiled looking to him " I'm not interested" she said drawing on the dark side to persuade him away she sat there deflecting attempts and giving free drinks to the vip section. She just wanted to relax for a minute from. Running her businesses but always looked for opportunities to make more money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raj was in the process of finishing a drink when the server approached him, more nervously than before. She was about to speak, but Raj silenced her by simply holding a finger in the air. He already knew why the server had returned. The free drink had gotten him more than one introduction in his day, and he had anticipated that this would be no exception.

"I'll be right up. In the meantime, if my original company decides to finally turn up, tell him I've moved on to bigger things."

He wasn't going to wait for a potential business partner when there were two more upstairs, especially if they were the likes of Skyla Kent Skyla Kent and Jaster Awaud Jaster Awaud . As he made his way past Jane lovett, he gave her an acknowledging smile and nod. The possibilities had seemed to constantly expand for Raj tonight. He eventually made his way up to the VIP section, making his way over to those he had just bought the drinks for. He approached them just as Ms. Kent was saying her last sentence.

"Piss off Lex Kent, you say? Well I am certainly never one to shy away from taking a competitor down a peg or two. But where are my manners? Raj Daro. I run Sonata Industries. You must be Ms. Skyla Kent."

He turned toward Jaster as he continued.

"And you must be Jaster Awaud. I've heard that you're quite the resourceful man, both over and under the table."

Raj was eager to throw himself into the conversation. After all, the opportunities you don't take will always be guaranteed failures.

I was waiting on Jaster but I’m going to move along. If he comes back he can jump back In. Is there a rule about how long to wait?

It was no surprise to Skyla that there was more than one person in this very nightclub that hated her father. If they took a pole she was willing to bet half the galaxy did.

“Pleased to meet you Mr. Daro and thank you for the drinks. We were just discussing the possibility of a business venture. I was sent out here to run a fertilizer plant but my mind is so not full of sh!t these days.”

She took a sip of her drink and let her eyes wander to an attractive girl who had just entered. Perhaps someone else whomn Skyla could party with?

“Tell me about Sonata Industries Mr. Daro.”

Jaster Awaud Jaster Awaud Darth Machinus Darth Machinus Jane lovett

Jane lovett

J
Jane smiled as people kept buying her drinks "miss lovett you alone have gotten the most free drinks I've seen anyone woman get" Jane smiled sipping on her sweet drink she was used to this kind of attention as she strutted her stuff out the dance floor and started dancing evocatively for all to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom