Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Let's get ready to RUUUMBLE!

Shai glanced at the pillow on the ground and slowly tugged loose her gun belt, wrapping it up and placing it down in front of the pillow before joining the kids on the ground. Her legs were crossed and her hands gripped her ankles as she nervously listened to what the lady had to say. Unsurprisingly, Shai didn't manage to absorb all that much from the lesson. It also didn't help that she wasn't much for history to begin with. The only thing she knew about Mando culture was their weapons and what went into them. But that was pretty insignificant in terms of the overall history the lady was trying to teach them.

Finally the lessons concluded and Shai was released. As soon as she got outside she lit a cigarette and took a deep drag, shuddering as she felt its effects take hold. "You could have told me I was about to be locked into a boring-ass history lesson." she fired back with a flat tone as she followed after Kragr. "I'm not a history nut, I'm a gun nut. You know how hard it is to stay awake through all that?" she rhetorically asked. "Plus the lady sucked when it came to explaining all that stuff. You guys got one weird language." she complained as they got closer to the food pit. "Gotta admit it, though. Mandos got some hardcore history under the belt." she concluded before taking another puff. She quickly finished up her cigarette before going inside for lunch.

Without any clue on how it worked or any regard, she started to pile on a hefty plate of food for herself and grabbed a seat across from Kragr. She dug in and quickly started to make a dent in the pile of food on her plate until she took a break for a sip of whatever it was they were dishing out. With mug in hand, Shai shifted slightly in her seat to get a look around the place. "So the whole 'always wear armour' thing goes for even around your homes? Not just off world or on a mission?" she asked him as she stared at some people walking around in full armour. She was rather mesmerized by their different looks, paint jobs, mods and other features. However she quickly turned away when she noticed some of them catching onto her staring. Her mug was placed down and she continued on with her meal, devouring it at a solid pace while trying to avoid eye contact...

Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

"Yes but then you wouldn't have learned anything" pointed Kragr out as they headed for the mess. "That's true, she is rather dry, I'll give you that one" admitted the red-haired man. "It's not so weird, once you start to learn it, think of all the swear words you can use" joked Kragr, giving Shai a smirk as they entered.

Entering the food pit with Shai, she, of course, headed for the food. Kragr wasn't far behind her as well as many others from the clan. What she quickly would notice, was the fact that none of the other clan members gave her a hard time or saw her as an outsider. It was in fact the complete opposite, as she started to dish food on a plate, one of the veteran Mandalorians gave her a friendly slap in the back, "good to see new blood among us!" before heading over to another table. More raised their cups cheering the phrase, "new blood" before continuing their food.

Eating his own food, Kragr every now and then greets his fellow Mandalorians before returning his focus to Shai and his food. "It's mostly the guards and those that see it as their second skin" explained the red-haired Mandalorian and took another bite of his egg along with some chicken. "Me personally, I only wear it when needed" continued Kragr to explain while finishing his egg and chicken.

Kragr took a big swig from his Tihaar drink and slammed the cup hard down in the table, which earned a few cheers, followed by they also tog a swig and slammed the cup down. "What's your speciality?" Asked Kragr finally, as he started to cut some of his sausages into smaller pieces. Swallowing the piece he chewed, before elaborating on his question, "what's your weapon speciality and preferring fighting style? I'm guessing you preferring to be light on your feet" guessed the man, thinking back to their fight.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Shai practically jumped out of her pelt when she felt a slap on her back and a booming voice welcoming her. The entire hall soon chanted along and she merely chuckled nervously while trying to teleport back to her ship. Unfortunately the endeavor only got as far as her imagination. While it was nice to not be pushed out for being the newbie, but this was just overwhelming.

She kept herself small and tried to avoid being the center of attention as she enjoyed her lunch. Kragr explained why some people still looked ready for war, earning a nod from Shai. He took a swig and Shai decided to join in rather stiffly when the rest also chugged their drinks. Despite it probably being strong enough to clean engine parts with, it went down easily enough. Though if this kept up she was going to be swinging from the chandeliers soon enough.

She blinked in surprise at Kragr's question, not sure what he meant. "Umm...I'm a beer drinker usually but this stuff's good." she answered timidly before he explained what he meant. "Oh...oh!" she chuckled nervously as she scratched the back of her head. "Umm...I try to avoid fights and killing. I don't like killing. At all." she answered truthfully. "It's a necessary evil in my line of work, but I don't like it one bit. Though yeah, when it comes to fighting, I like being quick on my feet. I'm decent with a pistol, really good with explosives though." she smirked proudly and took another sip of her drink. "Though I'm a miracle worker with piloting. I'm definitely at my best in a cockpit." she stated proudly. "I have to ask, though. What's the story with that forge? That looks dope. Is that learnable?" she asked him before starting to eat again.

Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

Last edited:
Kragr laughed at her first answer, "don't let some of the others hear you say that, or they'll challenge you to a drinking contest" warned the red-haired Mandalorian, giving Shai a blink. "I would imagine being armourless would do that to one. Me personally, I love it! There's nothing better than an enemy ten times your size or stronger!" Said Kragr with such a passion, following it up with a large sip from his tihaar and a good bite of his food.

"Nothing like a good fight to get your blood pumping" expressed Kragr as he took another bite of the meal. "But good to know gives me a better knowledge of how to kick your arse and make you into one of us" thanked Kragr while continuing eating. "Hm?" grunted Kragr while eating, letting Shai know he heard her. WIth food stuffed in his mouth, he looked up again when she mentioned the village's forged and if it was learnable. To that he chewed his food, swallowing the pieces before answering.

"Aye, it is, but our blacksmith has only ever taught other Mando'ad, and most of them started from when they were young with him. Trade secret and everything" explained Kragr as he rose from his seat, "well, I'm going to go for seconds," said the large red-haired man and headed for the table with all the food.

Meanwhile, as Shai would sit a bit from the other Mandalorians at the tables when suddenly a female voice called to her. "Hey, heeey! Yo Shistavanen! What's your name?" Asked a woman from the other side of the room, sitting along with a couple of the men, drinking just having a relaxing time.

Kragr returned again with more food, though not nearly as much on the plate as before. Sitting down, he started to eat and started to form thoughts on how to best start his foundling's training. Not far from where Shai and Kragr sat, was two large brutes of amen, larger and more muscled than Kragr and was in the middle of some friendly arm-wrestling.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Shai snickered at his comment on the drinks. "I'll gladly accept their challenge. I might not look it but I can hold my liquor. Trust me." she stated with a confident smile.

She had to admit that his fire for a fight was a bit unsettling. No wonder she lost to him! With an attitude like that, he probably enjoyed being choked out. Though he earned a challenging glare at his last comment. "Don't be so sure of that, bit boy. I'm not going down that easily again." she stated with a raised eyebrow. "I might not be strong, but I'm tough." she proclaimed, taking another piece of bacon and popping it in her mouth. He didn't seem all that optimistic of her learning the forge, but that didn't stop her. "So what you're saying is...become a Mando and then I might have a chance?" she asked him with a smug grin. He left for more food and Shai's attention was caught by another Mando calling to her.

She decided to swallow her nervousness and got up, taking her mug along as she walked over to their table. Once there she rested one hand on the table and sipped at her mug with the other. "The name's Shai. Who might you ladies be?" she asked them with a smirk as she glanced at them. She stuck a bit with them as Kragr got his seconds, but finally went back to their table as he got back. "Yo, I'll be outside. Gonna catch a smoke break." she said to him as she walked past. She refilled her drink then went outside, looking for some shade to sit under as she lit a cigarette.

Once she found an awning next to a building she sat on the ground and leaned back against it. With a sip of her tihaar and a drag of her cigarette she thought about this whole new experience. Her eyes wandered around, looking at the absolute peacefulness and tranquility. She knew it was going to be hard. But somehow, this seemed to be the perfect solution to her problems...

Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

Kragr just laughed a joyous laughter as he went to get seconds. "I'm Nira, these are the Hunters" introduced Nira as she looked Shai over, clearly showing lust in the woman's eyes, though she kept her lips from speaking it. "I hear you're gonna be joining clan Loc, good, though you do lack some muscles" joked the woman, "well, we won't keep you here," said Nira and let Shai return.

Kragr's name got called on the other end of the table as Shai told him that she would go outside, "yea sure, see you in a bit" comment Kragr and rose from his seat with his plate of food, "what?!" yelled the red-haired Mandalorian back walking over to a brute of a man. When Shai exited the food pit, it was actually rather quiet, when only a few people walked around the village. Apart from the guards, were kids running around, many of them were from the class Shai had been in, running around and playing.

A few kids Shai hadn't seen before, stood a few meters from where the Shistavanen sat and with her tihaar and a smoke. The kids were whispering, giggling and seemingly trying to convince each other to go over to where Shai sat. Finally, a younger boy, maybe around 13 of age, got convinced, or more like dared him to do it. Shy and a little bit afraid, he neared himself to Shai, giving his friends a look of uncertainty until he stood close enough to talk to her. "Uhm... hi... you look like really cool!" he said, having the words come out like a waterfall, before turning around and dashing back to his friends who then ran out of sight.

After a bit, people started to leave the food pit, to return to their works and soon after, Kragr also exited, looking first around for Shai, before laying his eyes on the woman by the building. "Ready for combat training?" He asked her with a grin, expecting this was more what she expected with Mandalorian training.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

The woman introduced herself and her friends, though Shai wasn't blind nor dumb. She caught the look in the woman's eyes. "I might not be built like a house, but I got a bunch of other handy tricks up my sleeve." she quipped, giving her a confident grin and a wink. When she turned to leave she gave the woman one last look and blew her a kiss with her lips. "See you around." she said as she walked away.

Outside, she was minding her own business. Her thoughts completely centered around the village and what it could mean for her plans. Though they were cut short when she noticed a kid walking towards her from the corner of her eye. She took the cigarette out of her mouth and took a sip of her drink as she watched him stand next to her. He stumbled over some words and bolted again before Shai could even get a word in. She watched the group curiously with a small smile before shaking her head, chuckling to herself and taking another drag from her smoke. After a while Kragr emerged and she got up, slipping her bud into a pocket. "Combat training? That sounds more like something I can do." she quipped with a smirk before downing her tihaar and leaving the horn on the building's porch. She fell in beside Kragr and followed him to wherever he wanted to go.

"By the way, whaddya know about Nira and her group? The Hunters or something like that? What's their story?" she asked him casually. Sure, the look the woman gave her was tempting, but she wasn't going to go chase after some crazy tail. "Also I take it people don't see many mutts around here, do they?" she asked with a chuckle, glancing behind her to where the group of kids were last at...

Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

Placing an arm around Shai's shoulders, Kragr started to lead the girl through the village and towards an open field that's outside of the village. "I have no doubt pup, with how you fought in the ring I am curious to see what you can do when you have a scattergun or heavy blaster pistols in your hands" laughed Kragr joyfully. "Oh, Nira and her group? They're the hunters of our village. but if I were you, I would be careful of showing any form of affection towards her, she tends to like play-hunting those she wants" warned the red-haired Mandalorian, "braver souls than you have lost the hunt to her hunger" explained Kragr, almost as if they had been real prey to a predator.

"Despite the Mandalorian culture, we're not exactly a large clan, so the among of other species are non-existing. You're quite the excitement for everyone" explained Kragr, holding Shai close beside him with his arm around her shoulders, leading her out of the village.

Getting to the open field, there were different kinds of setups placed for training of all kinds. Releasing her from their little cosy almost half-hug, when he let go of her shoulders and walked in front of Shai. "So, what do you want to train first?" Asked Kragr, spreading his arms out, pointing to everything around them. When Shai looked around, she would find all manners of ways to train in. There was a firing range, dirt field for hand to hand combat, vambrace training range, a variant training fields for jetpacks and finally vibroblade training dummies made of some kind of hard metal, wood and stray.

Looking at Shai, "so, what fancies the pup mostly?" Asked Kragr with a grin, no matter what the mutt choose, Kragr looked forward to training her and teach her the way of the Mandalorian, at least mostly how they would fight.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Shai listened to Kragr's explanation of Nira and her group, letting out a cackling laugh. "Good to know then. Though don't worry about me, I'm not exactly a softie when it comes to action like that." she reassured him with a chuckle and a wink. She listened to his explanation on everyone's interest in her. "So I'm basically the new exotic?" she joked with a snicker.

They finally arrived at the training area and Shai glanced at all the options. She thought for a few moments before tapping on her pistol with a smirk. "Why don't we start with something I'm actually good at." she quipped as she drew her pistol with a twirl. "Gimme a target, I'll hit 'em." she commented as she came to a halt by the shooting range. True to her word, she wasn't that bad a shot. She knew how to handle her hand cannon, despite her size. She was sad that they didn't have a demolition area closeby, otherwise she'd be spending all day over there.

When her pistol was empty she placed it on the table and turned to look at him. "Alright, coach. What's the verdict? You need more burning targets or are we moving on to something else?" she asked him with a smile on her face. If there was one thing she loved, it was a simple mag-dump into a bunch of targets. But she knew that blaster action was probably the least important skill here. She couldn't deny that she was nervous about the other stuff. Especially the jetpack stuff. But she was getting ahead of herself. She'd get the training she needed for all that stuff and she'll get it at a manageable time. There was no need to learn everything in one day. The only thing that bothered her was the fact that she wouldn't be making money stuck on the planet. But that also had a reassurance for her. One she would bring up to Kragr or whoever was in charge when the time seemed proper.

Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

Shai was a rather explosive personality in of herself and Kragr could respect that. Watching the pup show off her skills, he kept an eye on how well she would hit the target. "Not bad, not bad little pup" smirked Kragr, leaning up against a wooden pole with arms crossed.

While that aim would keep her very well safe in the galaxy, she still used it as a common pirate. Kragr saw area's where Shai could easily improve and since the woman chose the shooting range. "Not bad pup, while you might be able to hit with a blaster, you could still improve" explained Kragr and pressed a button by the table. The droid that Shai had shot at, started to walk towards then and stopped in front of the table.

Looking at the droid, Shai would see where she hit it. A lot of the shots that hit, was in the torso and two in the head. "If you don't have the firepower to kill your target with one or two shots, you always aim for the head" explained Kragr, pressing the same button, causing the droid to wander away and a new fresh droid to take its place the end of the range.

"Like this," explained Kragr and grabbed Shai's blaster pistol, reloaded and fired her blaster two times, blowing it up. With still an almost full clip left, placed Kragr the blaster back down, drew one of the two RP-05A Ripper Pistol he had holstered and fired three shots, completely shredding the torso of the droid to pieces.

Holstering his blaster again, he pressed the button again, and a fresh dummy droid took the place of the one before. Taking Shai's blaster and handing her own blaster to her again and looked at the woman, "again" said Kragr, pointing at the droid. They would continue to training until Shai would be able to take out the head in 3-4 shots.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Shai flashed him a grin as he commented on her capabilities with a blaster. Though the grin disappeared as he started to criticize her marksmanship. She looked at the target as it approached and then back to him as he spoke. "Yeah well...I never said I was a sharpshooter." she grumbled as she watched him summon a fresh target.

He took her blaster and made her look bad before introducing something that really got her attention. With wide eyes she watched him use his hand cannon to obliterate the target. She blinked a few times and then looked at him. "I'll do it...but I'm taking that thing for a spin." she said as she reached over and drew his pistol. She took aim and fired away at the droid, nearly knocking herself on her backside in the process. She stumbled back and took the pistol with the other hand while she wiggled her left wrist. "Wow! What the kark, dude! I need one of these!" she shouted with a maniacal laugh threatening to break through.

She took the pistol in her left hand again and braced herself. She took a deep breath and went crazy with his weapon, firing away at every target as they came. At this point it was less about how accurate she could be and more about how much fun she could have with the ludicrous handgun. By the last round, she was properly worn by the recoil and dead tired. "Holy kriff dude, this thing is amazing." she quipped, half out of breath, as she handed him back his weapon. "I don't know what else you got planned but I hope it's got nothing to do with my left arm. Right now I can't feel a thing in it." she admitted with a snicker as she holstered her own blaster once more.

Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

Kragr laughed loudly at Shai's shock and surprise by the sheer firepower and knockback power the hand cannon had. Taking back his weapon, he just smiled, almost proudly for getting a pup like Shai to make a Mandalorian out of. "Once you're part of the clan, I will personally show you where I bought mine" explained Kragr with a wide grin.

Over the next many months, Kragr put the woman through very intense and harsh combat training from early morning to the late evening, with only small breaks to eat. Shai's bruises would have bruises as she got thrown around in personal combat, while still getting some good hits in on Kragr. However, Kragr was built to take hits like a bull mixed together with a bull and just took all her hits without much care.

Although it wasn't all personal combat training, she also received firearms training, and some of the weapons she got to try, was what one would find private armies. Her firearms training tested her skills and honed them into deadly skills, not to mention he got to train with grenades in every flavour away from the village, on a specially made field in the forest.

Shai would also start to feel her body adapting and improving its capability to stay in fights longer, run longer and not have her hands and arms destroyed from firing strong recoil.

With that said, she was also forced to continue being in the class with all the other kids, to learn of the Mandalorian culture, though, Kragr did make his description, tales and explaining of the culture much more excited than the teacher.

Shai also got to know pretty much everyone at the clan, the kids loved her as she was great fun to get into mischievous deeds. She also got to know the blacksmith of the clan and see a glimpse of Beskar getting melted into beskar-gam for one of the younger warriors in the clan, who passed his test.

One day, very early in the morning, one would even say it was a late-night, came Kragr into the dormitory for all the kids and Shai and told her to follow him. Waiting for Shai to exit the dormitory, led the woman through the village with just the sun showing the tip of it, delivering a beautiful red and orange sky. Shai would then find herself in front of the blacksmith.

"Wait here," said Kragr to Shai and entered the blacksmith. Upon exiting, he would carry what looked like a vest of some sort, but what would catch Shai's attention, was the jetpack attached to the vest. "it's time to start your training with a jetpack" explained Kragr helped the woman to take it on. Her arm was equipped with a single vambrace that only had one button and that was for activating and deactivating the jetpack.

"Ready to get started?" Asked Kragr with a smirk and would lead them to the outside of the village.

Shai smirked at his quip, glancing at the massive pistol. "I can't wait." she remarked as she followed after him. It was all nice and pleasant...but boy, would that change quickly.

The next few months of her life was grueling. The poor girl was beaten and battered by the harsh Mandalorian training. But the whole time she never gave up. Even when she lost her cool entirely and tried to attack more than a few other clan members out of frustration, she never gave up. And after the first few months, the training was paying off. Her twig-like build quickly bulked up and looked a lot more formidable. Her skills with a blaster as well as hand-to-hand fighting was growing with every lesson. She picked up more than a few scars over her body from accidents or fighting getting out of hand. Though she couldn't help but like the look. She also tried a new style for herself, figuring it was high time that the timid old Shai was left behind.

One thing that annoyed her the most, out of all the things she went through, was her clothes. Her shirts and tank tops, usually a few sizes too big, now made her look like a kriffing power lifter. Even worse was her pants. Nothing fit anymore. At least the clan helped out in that department, but she was still ticked off by the fact that nothing fit anymore. She was also not happy with the fact that she had to share the dormitory with a bunch of kids. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that things would get weird at night with a bunch of teenage boys and girls. That didn't stop her from forming a rather amusing relationship with them. Somehow she became something of a big sister to the kids and she lived up to that role fully. In a way she loved them all in her own way.

Things stepped up one early morning, though, when Kragr woke her up in the early morning. Shai's snoring ceased as she lifted her head up, glaring at him through her messy hair. "You're a karking nerf herder, Krag." she grumbled groggily as she forced herself to get up. "Just let me get dressed and wake up." she muttered softly, trying not to wake up everybody else in the building. She quickly pulled her tank top and pants on along with her combat boots before grabbing a smoke and meeting Kragr outside. Once outside, she lit her cigarette and fell in beside him. "You better have a karking good reason for messing with my beauty sleep." she tried to threaten, though her tired state was making it impossible to take her serious.

She blinked in surprise when they reached the blacksmith and he returned with a jetpack. A smirk formed on her lips which turned into a massive grin. That got her awake pretty decently. She followed after him, suiting up the jetpack and figuring out the controls. "Hell yeah!" she called out as she hit the ignition...sending herself flying backwards into a tree. She crashed into it and collapsed onto the ground, grabbing onto the back of her head. "...Mind giving a quick rundown?" she muttered through clenched teeth as she sat upright to look at him.

Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

Watching Shai make a fool of herself, crashing right into a tree made Kragr bellow a laugh out loud. Walking over and kneeling down beside the mutt, the large Mandalorian smirked and helped her up again. Thank god for the strong material the jetpack had been made out of.

"It's all in your legs and upper body movement" began Kragr to explain as it started to guide Shai into a secure position. "You see this panel?" Asked the Red-hair Mandalorian and pointed a blue-coloured screen with his index finger. "You can change how much juice your jetpack should put out. Your jetpack is set to 100%" explained Kragr, tapping the screen.

Setting the jetpack down to 30%, that should give Shai enough of a kick to move around, but still, not enough juice to send her off flying into outer space. "Remember Shai, use your legs and your upper body to go in the opposite direction, to move one direction" explained Kragr one more time and took a step back.

The large Mandalorian wasn't exactly one for "making it rain" with compliments, but for the little time he has trained Shai in, she was showing promise. And if Shai continued to stay and let Kragr train her for years, she might actually end up being a capable Mandalorian herself. WIth crossed arms, he watched Shai try again.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

As Kragr helped Shai up, he explained to her how to use the jetpack properly. She studied the controls of the power output, fiddling a bit more with it to see what made it tick before adjusting it back to 30% output. She gave him a nod and took a few steps away from him. Bracing herself, she hit the ignition and started to hover in the air. "Hey." she quipped with a grin as she leaned around a bit to move from side to side. Leaning forward, she got a feeling of how to maneuver with it. "Heyyyy." she muttered as she thrusted herself forward with her feet, letting the jetpack carry her farther than she could ever jump normally. She was quite chuffed with the few tricks she was playing with.

She lowered the power output and pushed it back up as she jumped towards Kragr, sticking a rather rough landing a few feet away from him. "I can see why you guys love these things so much. There's a lot you can do with it." she commented, studying the controls. "I am curious, though. Don't these jetpacks got a type of setting or something that makes it activate with movements instead of manual controls? Like for if you wanna jump and move around in a fight? Can you use it like that?" she asked Kragr, trying to figure out by herself how the jetpack's settings worked.

It was rather fun to play with, but she had to admit that doing anything more than jumping around didn't seem very appealing to her. She was actually starting to wonder whether she had a fear of heights or not...

Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

With a attentive look and crossed arms, he watched Shai tested and got a feel for the jetpack. "You don't know the half of it" commented Kragr. "It all depends on the Mandalorian and their specific fighting style. As you're asking, yes some have the activation of their jet pack installed remotely to the helmet. However, what you got there is the barebone type" explained Kragr, "it doesn't even have rockets" added the large Mandalorian and tapped the jetpack on her back.

"One thing you got to remember Shai, is that individualism in our culture is everything and most customize their gear to fit them" continued Kragr to explain. Taking a couple of steps back and pointed past Shai, "you got a feel for the jetpack, now your training begins" said the red-haired Mandalorian with a wicked grin.

If Shai turned around to look where Kragr pointed, she would see the forest, however, the trees stood much further apart. "You have 10 minutes to get out to a pole flag I've planted 250 meters out in the forest and back again, by flying through the forest. Cheat and you'll regret it" explained Kragr to Shai, giving her training details. "Oh, and you'll need this" added Kragr with a mischievous grin, opening a small box and throw a blue training helmet.

Nira and her group suddenly landed with their own jetpack by then, removing their helmets. "Nira and her hunters are going to make sure you don't cheat and monitoring how you're doing" explained Kragr.

"Try not to break your neck Shai, 10 minutes. Go!" shouted the large Mandalorian as he started the counter and expected Shai already be in the air. Nira was as forward as she always was and took Shai's new bulked up build in with her eyes, enjoying the view. The moment Shai took off, so did Nira and her hunters, keeping a distance without getting out of sight of her.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Listening closely to Krag's explanation, Shai already figured out how she was going to modify her stuff once she got that far. Only issue now was actually figuring out how to use the stuff. Her optimistic smile faded, however, at the mention of the real training starting. "Wait, hold up. Already?" she asked him with a raised eyebrow.

She glanced at the direction he pointed at then back to him. It sounded simple enough, but she knew it wouldn't be. She didn't have a clue how to actually control the jetpack at top power. All she had was the advice he had given her. She was snapped out of her thoughts as he tossed her a training helmet, earning a glare from the Shistavanen. "Kark off, Krag." she grumbled as she tossed the helmet back. Hearing more jetpacks, she glanced around them. She was rather surprised to see Nira and her group, though their reasons for being there wasn't appreciated.

When Kragr gave the signal, Shai slipped her goggles on and blasted off. She started with a lower power and built her way up. Once she was at a comfortable speed, she pushed it to full power and blasted off towards the flag in the forest. It went well until she reached the forest. "Whoa!" she shouted as she swung herself out of the way of a tree ahead of her. Her balance was slipping but she managed to keep it in control... until she swerved out of the way of another tree. With a yelp she crashed through a bunch of branches and skidded along the ground, earning a bunch of small cuts and bruising over her body. Shai clenched her jaw in pain as she got onto one knee. She took a moment to push the burning pain over her body aside and forced herself to get onto her feet again. Checking the jetpack's controls, she was relieved to see that it didn't get damaged.

She started it up again, taking it a bit slower through the forest. She reached the flag and picked it up, though she knew she was running out of time. Starting her jetpack up again, she blasted off at full power, hoping to make up for the slower time she took when entering the forest. Her blistering speed earned a bunch of other cuts and a few nasty gashes over her upper arms and face. Thankfully it wasn't too bad.

With her aching body and the flag tightly tucked against her chest, she aimed straight for Kragr. She cut the power when she got close and managed to land on her feet, though only for a second as she collapsed and rolled over. Out of breath and a bit beaten up, she pushed herself off the ground and tossed the flag at him. "Easy peasy." she quipped with a smirk before dropping to sit down on the ground. Still heaving, she patted around her pocket, only to groan in annoyance. "Anyone got a smoke?" she asked weakly, wiping away some blood off her brow. She was definitely going to pay the doctor a visit after this mess.

Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

Watching first Shai blast off into the woods and then after a bit, Nira and her hunters, Kragr folded his arms. Time was clocking and this training wasn't so much of being quick, but to see if the girl was able to adapt to unexpected situations.

Despite Shai's rocky beginning to the flag, she seemed to have a bit better control of her flying on the way back. Well, that was until some fast and hot flew past her. Flying through the trees, following Shai in the distance, flew Nira and her hunters, firing stun rounds at her. While the stun blaster fire missed her, it did force her to handle multiple situations at once.

Seeing the opening to the edge of the forest, Shai would feel her feet would be ensnared in a whipcord cable, making her trajectory automatically change the route. With the other end of the whipcord cable shot into a tree trunk, Shai would find herself sudden flying further away from the edge of the treeline and deeper into the forest again.

Nira smirked with her little trick and cut the robe and watched Shai fly away. If the Shistavanen didn't manage to fix her flying she would lose the training and would have to do it again. However, she managed to get it under control and get back to Kragr with Nira and her group right behind her, still trying to stop her.

Standing with folding arms and one hand rose up to his eye level, Kragr watched the timer tick and took a step to the side as she landed. Grabbing the flag with the other hand, a smirk formed, "five seconds over the time" said Kragr and handed Nira the flag, so she could return the flag again to the pole. Kneeling down by Shai, "no smoke for you, pup," commented the large Mandalorian.

"Again!" Ordered Kragr with a commanding voice and waited for her do it again. As all the other training Kragr had put her through, this was no different. Again and again, she came just 5-10 seconds late as Nira and her hunters kept on disrupting and force her to deal with distractions. Each time Shai returned and failed to make it back on time, waved kragr the blue training helmet to protect her head and face and would continue to wave it until she took it or won.

All throughout the training, the sun had risen and thrown a warm blanket over the whole area, which only made Shai start to sweat, compared to the cool early morning. Around eight in the morning, after Shai's tenth attempt... or was it fifteenth attempt? Honestly, it could quickly blur. However, after many gruelling attempts, Shai finally heard the words that would make her the happiest person in the village, "well done" said Kragr. Shai had arrived with just tenth of a second and passed today's training.

Kragr looked down at Shai with a smile, "go wash up, get the doctor to fix you up and then get something to eat. That's all the training for today" explained Kragr and helped the girl to get the jetpack off.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Shai certainly didn't expect the hindrances they were throwing at her. And it didn't help her already faltering mood. By the time she managed to sit upright, she was ticked off rather properly. The cherry on top was when the smug ginger oaf left her high and dry without a smoke. "I'm gonna kick your ass one of these days." she muttered out of breath. He ordered her to do it again and Shai did as she was told. With a grumble and a low growl in her throat she got up and made sure she was ready. Blasting off once more, she took a few extra precautions with the others trying to interrupt her. Not that it helped all that much.

Again and again she failed, going so far as to toss the blue helmet a good distance away after what felt like the tenth time of Kragr waving it in her face. She wasn't some damn kid going to gymnastics practice, she was a seasoned gun runner a Mando in training. If some bumps were going to stop her, she wouldn't survive very long.

She only got more annoyed and aggressive as the sun came up, beating down hard on her already tired body. She almost snapped at Kragr and the others a few times but instead she remained deathly quiet, only grumbling away and zoning them all out as she forced herself to fly again and again. though each round she swore she was getting better, more agile and responsive to their distractions. Her crashes got fewer and softer -if she did at all- and she knew her time was getting better. Finally, after crashing beside Kragr for the gazillionth time with the flag, she finally heard the words. A battered smile crept onto her bloody face. Relief washed over her as a weak laugh escaped her. She felt like she just won a war or something, raising a fist in victory. "If I had a dick, Krag, this is where I'd tell you to suck it." she mumbled with a snicker as she sat upright, glancing at him and the others.

With his help she got the jetpack off and with her own power she got back onto her feet. She started to limp away but stopped, turning to glance at Nira. "By the way, Nira. You do that crap again... I'll start wearing baggy clothes." she quipped with a smirk before turning to leave. It took her much longer than it should have but finally she got to the village doctor. She got patched up and accidentally fell asleep on a gurney for a good part of the morning. She only got back up with a struggle and left for her room way past lunchtime. She got herself a proper meal of leftovers and left for her bed with her food and drink, falling asleep again soon after finishing it all. She was a mess but by now she knew that it would all pay off someday. It was hard to keep her mind in it but she knew that she would be that much closer to her goal once this was all over... which reminded her of a question she needed to ask Kragr once she was capable of communicating again.

As soon as she had her breakfast the next morning and got ready for training, she decided to speak up. "Yo Krag. I got a question. I've met pretty much everyone in the village... but you never introduced me to the leader. Did I meet them without knowing or... what?" she asked him as she lit a cigarette on her way to her next training lesson. She hoped it wasn't too harsh, her body was still killing her after the previous day.

Kragr Krayt Kragr Krayt

"But you don't, so quit complaining mutt and get back" replied Kragr, not caring what she thought he was mean. He wasn't training her to feel comfortable, but to beat her mental and physical level to go even further than they already were capable of.

Shai just received a laugher from Nira, before the woman and her hunters launched into the air again and flew back to the village, leaving Shai to walk back alone.

The next training day, Kragr was sitting on a chair with hands behind his head and enjoying the early sunbeams. Opening his eyes when hearing the mutt speak up, made a "hm" sound, to note her that he was listening. "You're looking at him," said Kragr, rather nonchalant as he kept his eyes closed. "I took over as the Alor for my father as he was getting old" explained the red-haired man.

"But we're not here to talk about me, you're here to get the living shab kicked out of you today and you're going to try and defeat me" explained Kragr as he stood fully equipped in his heavy Beskar'gam. With his helmet clipped to the belt, he nodded at an open chest on the ground beside him. "Basic Beskar'gam, nothing fancy. Enough for you to do the training today" explained Kragr, letting her go through the chest. Upon inspecting the chest, Shai would indeed find a very basic, clean and light Mandalorian armour for her to equip.

"I had the blacksmith make you a training suit. And no, it isn't made with Beskar, but the closest material to Beskar" said Kragr, crossing his arms. A whole set was in the chest, with the exception of the jetpack.

Once Shai was ready to equip the armour pieces on, Kragr would help her get it on, so each piece sat correctly. The Helmet did look a bit different from a standard Mandalorian helmet, as the front part of the bucket helmet had to be a bit elongated for her head.

Shai Maji Shai Maji

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom