Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let Slip the Dogs of War [Protectorate Invasion of Druckenwell]

Galaar Tal'Verda

Just one more butchered soul.
Objective: One last time

It was one of those split second choices. Galaar could either run or fight... Everything had boiled down to this, this one last rush, this last apex. And Galaar... Well... Galaar chose to the fight. He shouted in Mandalorian as he rushed forward to meet his brother in battle. Little did he know that this, this was the beginning of the end. Then they met, like two tidal waves they clashed together in a loud gathering of plasteel and phrik.

He arched his blade upwards and drove it down hard, he drove it straight for Calico's collar bone with lethal intent. At the same time though, Calico's shattered and fragmented blade ripped through his stomach and tore into him. He could feel the metal mingle with his nerve ends as the armor folded and gave and only blood came forth.

The next thing Galaar remembered was falling...

[member="Calico Tal'Verda"]

Objective: N/A
Allies: N/A
Enemies: N/A

Calico hadn't ever been afraid of dying. It was going to happen, eventually. It did to everyone, the inevitable, undebatable truth. Yet, when his sword speared his brother's midriff....oh, he felt fear. Fear unlike anything he had ever felt before. The adrenaline saved him from noticing the blade ripping through his armor and into the skin; severing an artery.

It didn't hurt. It was just numb.

Calico wrapped an arm around his brother, his comrade, the only soul who had truly always been bonded with his, and stared. He was mortified. "Oh, oh shab. Shab...no, this was supposed to be a draw. Ga'ika, no-no-no-no-NO!" The men looked on, but Calico paid them no heed. Red hot tears rolled down his bloodied cheek as he tried to pull his sword free of the man's gullet, but to no avail.

Funny thing was, the sword was likely all that kept his entrails from tumbling out, and Calico still hadn't noticed the knife plunged into his shoulder.

Galaar Tal'Verda

The knife slide back into place as it was designed with a sickening shlick of metal against flesh. When the arm wrapped around him Galaar instinctively gripped onto Calico's shoulders. The two then started to tumble to the ground, they'd at least fall together... Once they hit the ground though, he'd move to speak once more. He had to speak. He had to tell Calico.

"Its- Its alright, Ca'ika. It was meant to be this way. It... Its alright." He could feel it in his chest, he could feel that their story was slowly coming to a close.

Objective: Hold the city
Allies: CIS, [member="Morna Imura"]
Enemies: OP, [member="Dicer"]

"Here they come." Kentarch said ominously.

As the Protectorate Drop-ships fell, Kentarch reached out with the force and pulled one of the ships way of course, causing it to veer out of control and crash into another drop ship. Another ship's fuselage was crushed inwards by Kentarch's force crush causing it to exploded moments afterwards. Finally as the number of ships that descended toward the planet increased, Kentarch resorted to force pushing them one by one. Some veered of course, others smashed into nearby buildings or other ships. Between him and Imura, the success rate of drop ships from the Omega Pyre making it to safe landing zones dropped significantly. However as the ships landed by the dozens, it was clear the Sith Lord would have to lead confederate troops on the ground and engage the enemy in more traditional means. He could not stop them all.

"Sir a Protectorate force has rallied in the Suburbs of Il Avali." One of the confederate officers said to the Sith Lord, Kentarch nodded and quickly responded. "Hit them with heavy artillery, we'll move an armor division to their to their flank and the infantry will engage them head on from recently created earthwork defenses." His voice was toneless, and as he spoke his Icy blue lightsaber came to life in his hand. The key problem with airborne assaults like the one the protectorate was conducting, is that it was not a direct or successful means to conquest. Typically this type of strategy was used to disrupt an opponent's main force, then it was followed by an assault by the main body of the army. Which usually took time to prepare away from the enemy. "Have the second infantry division surround any stragglers who are not part the main host, take them out quickly." Kentarch ordered.

Darth Kentarch finished giving orders and broke into a hard sprint towards a pocket of enemy soldiers. Cutting through several Omega Pyre soldiers, he crushed, sliced, and decimated his way through the squad of soldiers. "LETS GO!" His voice boomed back at Confederate troops behind him. Then he looked onto the horizon, searching for an actual opponent worthy to face him.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Objective: Defend the Shipyard
Allies: [member="Marek Starchaser"], CIS
Enemies: Any hostile aboard the station

The moment Idiian arrived at the labs, she slapped the console for opening the door. As it started to slide open, Idiian shouted inside, "Come on, nerds! We're going escape-pod-ing!" She didn't really care how many were in there or even if they were the Techno Union employees she was looking for, but at the very least- If it did happen to be a whole squad of whoever was attacking, they wouldn't immediately open fire on her... She hoped. Actually, now that she thought about it, these were supposed to be Omega Protectorate attacking, huh...? Well, besides that some of those former Dread Guard guys who were involved. She had been pretty sure that Calico guy once had a bounty on him- And, if Galaar's outburst was anything to go by, that Ayden Carter guy probably had one now. She'd have to launch a rocket up that guy's exhaust port later.

As the door opened enough for Idiian to see inside, she got confirmation that they were the Techno Union employees she had been looking for. And so far, safe as a Old Imperial superweapon still hidden away! Goodie, that meant she got there before any Omega Punks did; With any luck, there weren't any on the station yet at all. Let's see, one, two, three... Seemed like all twelve were here. Awesome! What Idiian couldn't figure out though was the awkward expressions the lot were giving her, namely the cocked eyebrows.

"...What? Something behind me?"

A couple of the Techno Union personnel looked at each other for a moment, as if trying to figure out which one amongst them would speak up, when one of them- a surprisingly short Skakoan- spoke up. "Er, well... We're pretty sure 'Escape-Pod-ing' isn't a-"

"Now I'mma let you finish," Idiian jumped in, cutting the Skakoan off mid-sentence before pausing a second. By the time she started speaking again, she was fighting back a bit of a chuckle: "Nah, actually, I won't, but really now. The Omega Prostate-"

"-Protectorate," one of the other employees, a Mon Calamari, corrected Idiian, souring her mood enough to kill the chuckle she was previously fighting back.

"What the kark ever, man-"

"-I'm a woman."

"SHHHHHYADDUP! The point is, there's a bunch of sithkriffers here. They have a big ol' fleet sitting not too far from the shipyards here. Pretty sure they've already dropped troops on the planet, but don't quote me on that. Point is, before they get in here and pop a blaster bolt in all our exhaust ports, I'd like to get you folks somewhere safe." A low set of moans and groans broke out amongst the Techno Union folks, pulling a groan from Idiian in return. "What, you have a problem with this plan?"

"Well," the Skakoan spoke up again, "If what you're saying is true, where on the station is safer than the labs?" True, the labs were in the center of the station, in a place that Omega Protectorate marines probably wouldn't decide to sweep for the hell of it if they did take the station, but there was always the chance that the Station could get hit and destroyed in the practically guaranteed fleet battle outside. Which was why...

"Ya know, I said escape-pod-ing for a reason," Idiian responded, immediately shooting the Mon Calamari a glare when they went to correct her again. "You scruffy-looking twerps are headed to the escape pods. Now then, follow me- Fall behind, I'll peg you with a flash grenade. I've got a good arm and good aim, so it'll hurt like a vongshaping."

Druckenwell Shipyard
Onboard The Divine | Divinus
CSS-1 Corellian Star Shuttle
Personal Starship of General Jy’Vun
Meditation Chamber

The War.

It came alive suddenly and with warning enough. Perhaps too much and the time given, it was safe to believe it was not for the civilians, but more for the Omega Protectorate’s scheme to come to pass under a false ruse of diplomacy.

Oh, the horrors, the master feigned.

[member="Ayden Cater"]’s flash-bang fleet move stirred her in manners indescribable. Left her in many ways... speechless. It was only now, and not a moment before, that her invisible hand stretched across the expanse of space, gliding phantom manicured fingers about the lines of every ship catered by the enemy and tucked the information away. What the Lord Protectorate felt before was that of sheer imagination brought on upon by the act of misdeed that spun from his own fanatical mind. He had been gravely mistaken.

Burn them all.

The echo of [member="Kal Strife"] sang with discord and the beauty of sound affinity was enough to steer the Master of the Force in another direction. Duly noting he had the fleet opposition under his steel boot, Anesia set her sights and vehement creed of creeping power upon her garrison and upon the battlefield of Druckenwell.

Thus far, there had been no baneful breach of the shipyard’s metal placenta and the ever ambitious voice of the General dropped command after command to the mind’s of half her army aboard, squads at a time and minutes apart.

Find the cadaver ships and the refueling tankers in the docking bays.

Engage the engines and open the outer airlocks.

Set them on auto-pilot in direct course for the Emperor’s Shield at full throttle.

A sense of urgency, of fire consumed the military personnel and they moved with an apt cunning to carry out their orders. With in minutes, just under three handfuls.

Simultaneously the air-locks to numerous hangar bays slid open...

Pssh-Hsssh. Kluuuunk. Pssh-Hsssh. Kluuuunk. Pssh-Hsssh. Kluuuunk. Pssh-Hsssh. Kluuuunk.
Pssh-Hsssh. Kluuuunk. Pssh-Hsssh. Kluuuunk. Pssh-Hsssh. Kluuuunk. Pssh-Hsssh. Kluuuunk.

...and in tandem the empty CSX-000 Grunt Starfighters zoomed off the hangar decks and into open space. All one hundred of them.

Heil to the fourth wall of Zenima! Thou’st been infringed upon! Woe to our enemies!

[SIZE=14.666666984558105px]Madness. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666984558105px]The Divinus shook with vibrations of unnatural power and Anesia Jy'Vun stood, still immersed in the endlessness of the Force itself and the hangar bays all but slammed shut.[/SIZE]

| @Galaar Tal'Verda | [member="Ashin Varanin"] | [member="Marek Starchaser"]

Objective: Hold the city
Allies: CIS, [member="Darth Kentarch"]
Enemies: OP, [member="Dicer"]

I could hardly feel my toes. My fingers were numb from keeping the storm active. I had let go and it was still going. I got my job done. Smiling I rested back as blaster fire hit around me. Nowhere near close enough to scar me as they were stray bolts. I tried to push myself up. Only to slip and fall flat on my face.

Ouch.

A soldier came to help me up but I pushed him away. "Get the hell out of here! Fight for the city not me!" He nodded his head and drew my sword. Handing it to me, I nodded my head in thanks as my hair was down in my face a little. He ran off to join the forces. Watching as Kentarch ran past me with his lightsaber, he didn't see me on the ground. Which was good so far.

Using the blade I jammed it in the ground with all that I had, which was not much, and tried to pull myself up. Oh hell, if I just went back a few years to learn revitalize then I could be running right now. Looking up I saw the Sith lord commanding the troops and taking control in my stead. Nodding my head, I started to move back towards the FOB so then I could absorb some kind of energy.

Druckenwell Shipyards

The young Vi'dreya watched as the Protectorate stormed their world. He watched as CIS soldiers fell. He'd watched. But no longer. Icy blue eyes narrowing in concentration the Umbaran leapt forward, landing square behind a squad of Protectorate forces. For a moment he choked, he'd never killed before. It cost him.

One of the men swung around, bashing Xavier back with his rifle. The teen staggered back, lip bloodied by the blow, eyes wide as the Protectorate forces trained their blasters onto him. Now they choked, he was but a boy. It cost them. Screeching in at a blinding speed, Strix, Xavier's pint sized dragon ally unleashed fire deep from within onto the man who struck him. Screaming the man backed into his allies.

Then the boy's blade crackled to life, it's amber blade humming in anger. Surging forward with immense speed Xavier struck true. Throats were slit, torsos were run through. And at the end of it all, Xavier Vi'dreya had taken his first six lives. And he hadn't felt a thing.

N/A

This...this wasn't fair. It was only then that Calico caught sight of the blood billowing from the hole in his shoulder. An artery. The only way to come back from that was...he didn't know. Kolto, bacta? It didn't matter. His vision blurred for a moment, and his arms went a bit limp. "I...I think Keziah was trying to tell me something on the Inquisitor." Calico mumbled out of the blue.

His arms shook, but he continued to hold his dying brother. "She...No, this can't be it." He whispered, so low that only Galaar could hear. He didn't want to die. Not with that knowledge. "We can't. Keziah is...I think she's with child." The former Commando gave a loud sob and plunged his head against Galaar's shoulder pauldron. "That's my kid Galaar. I'm having a child, and you won't be there to see it."

Calico clearly didn't see how grievous his wound could be. If he had no treatment soon, he would bleed out. Still, he didn't feel it. Everything was numb and blurry. "I can't do that without you di'kut! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry..." The elder brother mumbled between sobs. The two rocked there slowly, and the men, their men, could only stare.

Objective: Capture the City
Allies: [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Dicer"] | [member="HK-36"] | OP Peoples
Enemies: [member="Darth Kentarch"] | [member="Morna Imura"] | [member="Tricia"]

With the wreckage of droids around her, the OP troops had won a breathing space. True, some pesky Forcer was knocking some of the dropships aside and destroying some more, but many more had made it, and were now planning to continue the advance.
In the distance a hypervelocity gun lit up, hit by massive firepower and exploded. It was a welcome sight.

It seemed as though the enemy had pulled infantry back to a line of entrenchments, whilst aerial scans showed armoured vehicles moving on the flanks. In the city scape though the effectiveness of the vehicles would be undermined by the tight conditions.

Eyrecae wondered who was in charge of the Protectorate troops. Presumably the Exarch Metal Demon. She wasn’t much interested in the details as she was by action.
“Sio! Metal Demon! Tanks moving in on the flanks, infantry ahead. Call down some firepower to deal with the vehicles, I’ll take the infantry defences!”

And then the artillery began. Both sides’ pieces. On the Protectorate side the Typhoons and Manticores returned fire against the emplaced infantry whilst AT-SE walkers and battle tanks moved from the LZ into position. This would be a hard fight, but the Protectorate fleet in orbit might yet be able to call down precision strikes on the Confederates and tip the scales.

Objective: Defend the Capital
Allies: CIS
Enemies: OP
...by now the Dropships had landed, deploying Protectorate troops into the Capital City, placing Laith and the Confederacy troops he'd taken up with into a heavy firefight with explosions and gunfire erupting all around them. Laith continued using the sandbag barricade as cover while occasionally popping up and firing off shots from his Sonic Carbine, which had the added effect of bypassing most armor and transferring its damage directly into a target causing massive internal damage, his hud ensured his accuracy was solid and after choosing a target he'd disappear back behind cover. There was no shortage of enemies to fire at and the hud in his helmet ensured that everytime he showed himself numerous targets on the streets, attempting to advancing on the position he was holding, were lit up and identified as enemies for him to down with extreme prejudice...

...Laith had just downed another Protecorate trooper before ducking behind cover as return fire was given before yelling out..."Get those SMG's working! We need as much firepower as we can muster here!"...the Confederacy troops were holding the line here on the streets of the capital city but it wasn't enough considering that Protectorate Bombers were inbound with payloads that were dropped on the city creating massive damage. Taking defacto control of the men that he was with Laith had sent several of them into the surrounding building to take advantage of the high ground and fire down into Protectorate troops on the ground, cutting a path through them and keeping them at bay, thus far it had been mostly successful...

...down behind cover Laith would have turned his head, several Confederacy troopers were looking his way just the same as he was looking at them, and he'd have called out...
"Alright men we can't stay here forever we need to push back! Mortars!"...there were several mortars around their position and on his command they were used creating a loud -PLUNK- as anti personal artillery was lobbed into the air before landing back amongst the Protectorate troops that were taking up their own positions down the street...

...the explosions would be loud, distracting, and Laith would stand from behind his cover, take aim and squeeze off another round from his Sonic Carbine before watching another Protectorate soldier fall while he ducked back down behind the barricade that had been made before the arrival of enemy forces. He sure picked a fine day to look for work on Druckenwell. Nobody said he always made the right decisions though. Well it could have been worse anyways...

...accessing the Confederacy comms he'd have said...
"Taking heavy fire on the streets. Requesting that air support be diverted to cook the fools advancing on our location."...he actually doubted he'd receive any assistance but the facts remained that it would make it easier for the troops he was with to span out for a counter offensive. No matter. He checked his Sonic Carbine, plenty of shots left and it was still operating efficiently, before he went up and took another shot that downed another Protectorate soldier...

Galaar Tal'Verda

Soundtrack: Mandalorian Funeral

So this is how it ends. This is their story, their epic ballad, as soldiers... As brothers... As Mando'ade. From the sterile halls of Kamino to these blood stained battle fields, Galaar could feel the blood drip chest. Its warm grip tugging tighter an tigher and as he held onto body of his brother. The final moments ran through his mind, the moments as his blade sunk into Calico's flesh and Calico's sunk into his.

His bloodied lips then parted as he spoke, a wheezy, broken tone. And what he spoke was entirely in Mando'a. The language they had been taught by the closest things they had to parents.

"I'm sorry Ca'ika. I'm slagging sorry... I wanted to be there. I reall- really did. I just wish we had time to say our goodbyes. Th- Eheeezz." It was an unnatural breathe that left his lungs, one fortelling his fate. "That we had time for--- For one last cup of cafe. But- I- I guess we don't have time. Just like this isn't our time. This is barrowed time- We- We- hzzzhe- shouldn't be here. We shou- Should have died with our brothers. At least- We'll finally see them in Manda. I'll see you again."

"We weren't made for this time, Ca'ika... My passing is now for the best. Its okay- I promise. Its okay. Just m--- Hzzz- Make peace... Please."

Fear washed over him for a good moment. Every man feared death, not matter how stotic they were in life. It was a fear that he hadn't felt since the days on Kamino. The days in the trenches on Geonosis. It was a fear that blinded him, yet, like always he gripped onto his brother. His head falling against Calico's bloodied chest plate.

His head began to slip back as he gave his final breathe... But as it did, a reel of images flashed through his slowly blackening vision. What was mili-seconds felt like hours as he faded into the cold grip of death with his. He saw their faces. The faces of Arca Company, Salem's, the new generation of clones... Jain's, but finally, he saw Calico's. He saw his face in the barracks the hour before Order 66. Everything was so simple as his eyes finally closed and he slumped backwards, still holding the limp body of his brother and in-the-end, his companion.

Calico would see the light ebb from his eyes as he stared out the transiparsteel view port. As Galaar slowly drifted into darkness, going in death in as he was in life.

There was a blue shimmer of light, electrical sparks and a few small bolts in different directions as she slowly came uncloaked a few meters behind [member="Calico Tal'Verda"] and [member="Galaar Tal'Verda"]. Her hand came to her face as she approached cautiously from behind, lifting the eyepiece up and onto the top of her head. "I think it's time to go..." She would reach down and gently touch the shoulder of Calico.

She would look upon the corpse of Galaar and frown a bit. There was heavy emotion just sitting in the air, and tension...so much so one could cut it with a knife. Her heart raced and sank at the same time, a weird rush of adrenaline coursed through her veins as she looked around and then back to the grieving man who she had gripped by the shoulder.

"Sir, I insist you come with me now..."

Target: Hovertrain and Obsidian Garrison entrance…loaded with explosives.
Objective: Blow this thing sky high and prevent further reinforcements from the ground.
Allies: None.
Enemies: All Confeds.

Aaralyn seated the LX-2 Proton mine against the car she was standing on, a sigh escaping her lips as the harsh wind continued to lash against her face. Her brown hair flew wildly in the wind, tendrils lashing about like a wounded snake or some type of serpent that was wounded grievously. Her hand came up to her ear and pressed the comlink, the vibrations of her jaw as she spoke overrode all noise surrounding her, thus allowing clear communication. “Detonate the rear cars. Ensure you uncouple them first.”

There was a pause and then an affirmation shortly after she stood to look back at the team a few cars behind her. The sound of groaning echoed through the hovertrain as the last three cars which were loaded down with ammunition and cargo disconnected from the main group and began floating away from the primary hovertrain and the last remaining cars. She quickly brought up the panel and began punching in the code only to stop as the sound of blaster fire, screaming and explosions caught her attention.

Apparently a small team of Confederacy Troopers had somehow, miraculously made it onboard the train. ~Oh crap…~ She quickly scrambled to enter the code when something hard impacted her and sent her flying. The light armor she wore wasn’t enough to protect her completely from the slugthrower, thus allowing the round to penetrate her flesh and knock her off her feet. She hit the train roof with a harsh thud, a ringing noise echoing in her ears.

The burning sensation of the bullet as it seared her flesh and nerves hurt bad enough to throw her focus off, causing her to roll slightly to the left, a hand coming up to grip her shoulder. The out of range alarm beeping softly from her gauntlet, notifying her that the mines were now out of range. Through gritted teeth she called out to the main fleet, requesting air support.

“Leviathan, this is Ground Delta Zero Five, the hovertrain has been compromised. Requesting immediate air support at grid coordinates mike bravo 648..” She paused to look down through teary eyes at the map, the red blip on her geospatial map indicating the location of the last three cars and the mines attached. “743, how copy over?”

[member="Vorhi Alestrani"]

Objective: N/A

Words could not describe the immense grief that took Calico in that moment. Here, in his final moments, his brother had died at his hands. There were no more tears to cry. Calico choked on his own voice, and softly shook the lifeless mesh of armor and flesh. "I love you brother." He managed to whisper. The Dreadguard around him stood obediently, awaiting orders. He had asserted himself as Chieftain, and by extension, had almost complete control of the Shipyard's security force.

But at what cost?

The soldier simply sat there, numb. His blood spilled out onto Galaar's chestplate, and he allowed it to do so. He deserved death for the atrocity he had committed. Traitor or not, he loved his brother, and he had died for the very reasons that the Liberty Concord had been founded against. It didn't cut deep, no, it stabbed into Calico's heart and took the breath from his lungs. He couldn't breath.

He barely noticed [member="November Sinclair"]'s voice, and stared up at her with bloodshot eyes. The Dreadguard, hundreds, focused their gaze on the unfamiliar woman. Calico's lips opened to speak, but he couldn't seem to form words. It was too difficult to articulate. He just stared up at her, mortified and bleeding.

Target: [member="Calico Tal'Verda"]
Objective: Save him....
Reason: People do dumb things when they're grief stricken...

There was limited choice in the matter, he either bled out on the spot or she would have to apply a grav-press cuff to stop the bleeding and get him atleast stablized for movement. With a grimace she reached behind her and pulled against the small utility pipe on her belt and ripped free the cuff from it's confines. She took a knee beside him and looked at the man and then the bleeding wound. "Please, do not hit me...as this is going to hurt..." She took a deep breath and began undoing the chestplate, allowing the heavy armor to fall lifelessly to the floor. If he resisted, she would be prepared. While she was prepping the grav-cuff bandage, she pulled a tranq dart from her utility belt as well and should he resist well then she would make sure he slept well on his way to the Medical Bay.

November activated the bandage and pressed it against the open wound, the micro-repulsor technology within the bandage doing whatever miracle of medical science it was designed to do with arterial wounds. No doubt it would cause extreme pain and no doubt he would feel it. She just hoped in his condition he was in, he wouldn't have the energy left to lash out. "That should...fix that..." She grimaced.

Oddball

This is what happens when you tap the glass
Location: Omega Protectorate Command Outpost, captured skyscraper in downtown area.
Allies: CIS
Enemy: OP
Objective: Destroy the COP
Musical choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=Obg6dzw-dlg
Running with his head down the red streaks of blaster fire soared over oddball's head while explosion after explosion went off around him from various devices. "Mark my targets!" He screamed aloud to his squad whilst sliding to take cover behind a flipped over speeder. Grabbing his blaster rifle he cracked open the breach to load a fresh energy cell inside of it discarding the old. Fear gripped oddball, his breath shallow and rapid. Was he about to shoot at his brothers? Was this the moment he would kill someone he was raised to love? He thought back to Rhoda, to Tatooine and all the other ops he had served with his brothers on. He could see their faces, the faces of everyone he knew. Clamping down on his rifle he looked down and right at the cement to see a dead Dread Guard laying there. Reaching out he held his hand and nodded. "I'm sorry brother, I know what I need to do." With a loud cocking noise oddball jumped up and took aim at those in front of him.

Two bunkers in the courtyard, fifteen men guarding the gates, more inside. Friendly forces counted five total, this was going to be a long day. Aiming down his sights oddball squeezed the trigger and sent a bolt of blue light to embed itself in the chest of a protectorate marine. They needed to push the objective and not get caught in the kill zone. "HEX!! SUPPRESSIVE FIRE!!" Shifting position the bulky ripped clone known as hex lifted up his rotary cannon and held the trigger. Spinning in a bright blue flash hundreds of bolts per minute expired the mouth of the huge blaster rifle hitting a few targets before most of them ducked to cover. They had to push up and now before Hex had to reload. "KLEPS, GRIM, ON ME!!!" Placing his left hand on the speeder oddball vaulted himself over the destroyed sports car and ran.

Running hard his lungs began to burn as he closed the distance, besides him were his brothers loyal to the end of it all. Jumping over a newspaper stand oddball pulled his pistol while a blaster bolt barely missed his head burning a dash across his helmet. He was at the sand bags and now it was time to clear house. Pushing faster than before oddball ducked down and pushed off the ground soaring into the air. Spreading his arms out to the left and right of him he lined up his targets in mid air and squeezed the triggers killing both men at the same time. As soon as their bodies hit the floor oddball aimed his pistol and rifle at a few more incoming marines ripping them to pieces in a torrent of blue light against the white face mask of his helmet. Following in suit the other men in his platoon fired at the men at the sand bags clearing the first wave of men. "Grim, were gonna need all the C4 you got. We're bringing this fether down." Looking up at the massive building oddball holstered his pistol and took a deep breath. It was time

[member="Canal Tal'Verda"]

Objective: Completed.

Oh, cripes, that hurt. Calico grimaced and let out a loud yelp. He didn't like this, not one bit. He was supposed to die here, not be rescued! He grimaced up at the woman, but said nothing. He had not desire to be rendered unconscious, and he owned this station. There were things he needed to do.

"Gah!" He sputtered as he tried to speak. He shook his head quickly, and breathed a raspy breath. "These...these soldiers are under my command, by word of honor. Tell Ayden we own the station...tell him to pull back his forces. We'll talk with the Confederacy, not..." He tilted his head forward to Galaar, and fought back a sob. "Not this. No more of this..."

He opened his mouth to speak more, but the pain and the grief were just too much. all that came out was a dull choking noise.

[member="November Sinclair"]

The Eternal Queen
Allies: OP
Enemy: Death
Objective: Heal all the things!

This was a turn of events. The set up was the same. The scene was the same. The emotion was the same. But the why had changed. Where she was, the side she was on. She was healing for the enemy. No. Not the enemy. She was healing for the other side.
Op, CIS. The only difference was the attitude. And if Feena was being frank, she liked it better here. The saying was that the grass was greener on the other side. Maybe that was true, but Feena was never really much of a gardener. She couldn't tell you healthy grass from dead grass.
But she did know healthy people from dead people.
That was kind of her specialty. What she was good at. She could take those dying people and make them healthy. It was one of the few things in her life that really brought her any joy. That moment when you know that they'll pull through; pure bliss.

Feena adjusted her white medical uniform, washed her hands for the billionth time that day and once more put on clean white gloves. Her tools were laid out once more, the bacta tank was prepped, nurses were on hand.
And Feena was ready to do what she did best.

Idiian Sayali

Unfettered Bounty Hunter
Objective: Defend the Shipyard
Allies: [member="Marek Starchaser"], CIS
Enemies: Any hostile aboard the station

Well, that seemed to be the last of 'em. Twelve Techno Union nerds, two per pod, all set to launch to the nearest planet that's not Druckenwell. Idiian went over the lot of pods, making sure everything was set, when the pair in the last pod shouted out to her. Of course, the Mon Calamari and the Skakoan. She should have known.

"Excuse me, miss," the Skakoan started, clearly a bit more nervous than before. Seems he had time to think about Idiian's plan, which meant he had time to overthink it. "What happens if the Omega Protectorate decides to take us captive?"

"Well," Idiian started with a shrug, "You guys are noncombatants, and are in escape pods. They aren't gonna shoot you outright, so I suggest you just stay quiet and let them take you captive."

"T-Take us captive!?" the Mon Calamari shouted, shocked. "I thought you were going to keep us safe!?"

"Yeah, and an Omega Protectorate Bring is pretty damn safe. Besides, better captive and alive than staying put and eating a blaster bolt," Idiian retorted before returning to keying in the final set of launch details. She had almost finished when the Skakoan spoke up again.

"And... And what if it's someone else? Like H-Hapan pirates?"

"Then you do whatever the hell you have to to stay alive; We'll find you eventually, since the pods have enough nice materials in them that Pirates aren't just gonna dump them once they pull 'em aboard, and there's trackers hidden quite nicely inside that we can follow back to you, so you won't have to worry for long."

It was the Mon Calamari's turn to speak up now- Idiian felt she could practically set her watch to the timing. "W-what if they're not reasonable, though? What if they just want to shoot us right away and just keep the materials from the pods?" Well, for one, that'd be stupid of the pirates, because if they did that, then when the CIS did catch up with them, the lucky ones would be killed fighting back during the boarding. Not that these two were in the emotional state to think that out, though, so Idiian gave them one she figured would be a big enough shot to at least make them think about something else.

"Frankly, I don't care if it means you have to blow a Hutt, just do what you have to to stay alive and stay safe. Chances are, you two will reach the planet without any of that stuff happening anyways, but if it does, and you don't keep yourselves safe, I'm gonna hunt down your force ghosts and peg the both of you with flashbangs for a week." Actually, could she even do that? Was it possible to hit a Force Ghost, let alone throw flashbangs at it? And could these nerds... Ah, hell, best not to think about it, it's not worth the brainpower. "Now then, you two shut up, sit tight, and if you give me another silly scenario like Hapans out by freakin' Druckenwell of all places, I'll reprogram your destination to be Hapes itself."

The two went dead silent and turned away, looking at each other inside the pod. Idiian sighed a sigh of relief, finished the last few details off, and started closing the pods and launching them one by one. Just as the last pod started closing, Idiian heard the Mon Calamri speak up, saying, "Wait, just how would blowing a Hutt even work...?" The door shut, thank god, before Idiian could hear the Skakoan's answer. well, at least those two weren't going to be terrifying themselves the whole trip now... Er, on second thought, they might if they overthink that.

At any rate, with the load successfully ditched, Idiian figured it was time to get to business. After a quick stretch, rolling back her shoulders, and cracking her knuckles, Idiian grabbed a couple flashbangs out of her bag of blasters before tucking the thumb now holding them around the FC-1's sling strap. She hadn't heard from anyone in a while over the public comms and she left her personal comm on the ship, so she hadn't the foggiest what was going on elsewhere in the battle right now, but if there were any Protectorate people on the Shipyard, she'd deal with them soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom