Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legacy Of The Echani [Celiana]

Since his father had died - for real this time - a few years ago while trying to protect Coruscant from the invasion of the One Sith, Josh had tried in his honor to learn more about his heritage, learn more about his parents. Who were they? Who and what was he? Something that his father had told him in the few times they had spent together since he had found him again had stuck to him. Had it been a joke? He couldn't tell with him.

He recalled it clear as day, despite the fact it had been years since their last meeting.

"That Aleidis girl, what are your thoughts on her?"

"Huh?"

"You two, you're clearly close. Her eyes lit up when she recognized my last name. Well, that and she started laughing hysterically, but it appeared you two were quite close the one time I met her."

"I haven't seen her in years, to be honest with you."

"Ahhh... A shame."

"Why?"

"No reason. Is there someone in your life, perhaps?"

"There is. Though Force knows I wouldn't know how to say anything. It's just... Difficult. There's something different with them, compared to other interactions with people."

"That's normal to feel. One thing I have learned is that emotions are a part of us... They are part of what gives us life, and to ignore them is not to live at all."

"Part of being human?"

"Who said you were fully human?"

"Huh?"

He had only chuckled and didn't state further. He was probably joking, but Josh couldn't help but be curious. It was one of their last conversations and after his death, he had put everything he'd told him in general under the microscope for any meaning that it held.

He had consulted hundreds of contacts, called in hundreds of favors, to learn about who and what his parents were. His father would have told him eventually, he was sure, but... He'd never gotten the chance to get it out of him. The Sith had taken that chance away from him. He was on his own now. The last lead he'd gotten had led him to a grave on the desolate remains of Mandalore. But now, this new lead had a document in his hand. A dossier. A collection of information on a woman named Serena Ordo, who had joined the Galactic Republic's Jedi Order and had risen to the rank of Master. The dossier concluded with her having been convicted of working with the Sith Empire before she had run off with her co-conspirator, Jedi Master Philip DragonsFlame. It had come out after the recorded demise of both of them (Despite the man's survival, though he had been incognito for so long after it was no wonder he was pronounced dead as well) that they had been framed as the real culprit had been arrested.

Finding the clan that his mother had belonged to, finally, was a bittersweet comfort for Josh. After recent events, there was no way that the Ordo clan would ever accept him, being a Jedi. That was a part of his heritage he would not be able to embrace. Perhaps one day.

But one part of the dossier had caught his attention...

Serena Ordo
Echani

Echani?

He knew of their race. He had even met and worked with a few. He was somewhat familiar with their customs and culture, and had integrated a bit of Echani hand to hand into his combat style, though had never finished the training as Celiana was only giving a brief deal so he could spar with her.

Regardless, he wasn't sure where to go from here. What did that make him exactly? Was he Human? Was he Echani? Was he a mix of both? Unlike the Mandalorians, which were a clan, the Echani were a human-like race. He couldn't help but stare into the mirror at that moment, fretting over every detail of his complexion. His features were very heavily similar to his father's... Which may explain why Jason was the same despite his mother being a Chalactan, potentially a heavily dominant gene. Regardless... He supposed it didn't matter what exactly he was, though he did feel a temptation to undergo a few tests to understand his genealogy...

What he did know was that he wished to honor it. His family was gone, it was just himself and Jason now. His family was not here to honor that heritage, and he knew that perhaps one day, Jason would want to honor it too. He wanted to know all that he could, in case there came a day that Jason was curious.

Perhaps he could arrange a few meetings with Echani he knew... Hmm...

After going through a list and sending some messages out, a name came up on his datapad, and he nodded his head as he would send a message out.

"Celiana? It's Master DragonsFlame. I was hoping to perhaps meet up at some point and learn a bit more about the Echani, if that's alright with you. Call it a... Personal interest."

[member="Celiana"]

Master Dragonsflame.....hmmmmm it'd been awhile since I'd had anything to do with the Silver Jedi. Until recently that was, family had a way of bringing you back. Now I sat and waited for Andorreth to bring studnets that I could teach the way of Echani combat and tactics. Dragonsflame with an interest in Echani.....Comming him from my wristpad as I sharpened various blades I said "Master Dragonsflame its been a while. In terms of your personal interest I suppose I can indulge you. Meet me in the lower shadowlands of Kasshhyyk. I'll come to you there and we can discuss Echani." I sent the call and began slipping blades into various places before heading out. We'd see how helpful I could be at least.

[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]

The shadowlands? Suspicious indeed. The Jedi Master would in the time following go to a village in which was familiar to him. It was there he met with a Wookiee chieftain, one he had freed from slavery many years ago and in response to talk of a life debt proclaimed his only desire was for him to be free.

After receiving permission to enter this forsaken place, Josh would find himself in the lower shadowlands to meet with [member="Celiana"] as he would search for her, armed as he should be.

I'd downgraded quite a bit from the days when I was wearing beskar'gam regularly. Now wearing a modified combat vest over the robes of a Jedi I walked through the shadowlands to a meeting point with Joshua. Knives in holsters, combat trident in the holster on my right hip and my sabers on my left hip. I walked out of the entrance to the Shadows HQ and out to the main area of the shadowlands he could find me in. Sinking to a crouch I began to meditate until he found me. Odds were it wouldn't be too long.....

And so he did. The Jedi Master would walk through the Shadowlands, doing his best to keep as close to the location of the Shadows HQ as he could, knowing it would be the safest place if someone should strike out. With Jyoti at the head, he would be able to ring her fairly quickly and receive backup if need be without too much hassle if she was there. Regardless, he would find the woman he was looking for, meditating in the mud apparently.

"It's been awhile" He spoke softly as he stepped out behind her. "You look healthy."

[member="Celiana"]

Rising from my spot in meditation I said "Indeed it has Joshua, and I do try. So! Tell me, What brings your attention back to The Echani?" I wondered at that personally usually not many had specific reason for wanting to know about The Echani other than for combat instruction or to become lethal types. Joshua inquiring about my culture was definitely on the list of things I'd not been expecting...

"Long story short, a member of my family is Echani and I wish to learn more about their culture" Josh would explain in turn as he would walk over, looking her up and down. "I've been wanting to learn everything that I can. Apologies for such short notice, of course, but I've been up all night and have been eager to learn as much as I can" He would add as he would stretch out and look about.

"Any reason why you chose the Shadowlands, by the by?"

[member="Celiana"]

Smiling pleasantly I looked at Josh as he explained his interest in The Echani. His question about the shadowlands and why I was here came next. "As to why I'm in the shadowlands I'm an instructor for the shadows. In regards to the Echani.... first thing about the Echani anyone ever notes is the combat side of things, most people don't realize that Echani have another thing that's....different. We enjoy fighting, not for the sake of it but because some like me were trained in force sight. We assign colors to emotions when we fight this way. Combat is.....art, beauty even. Many saw me as simply craving a fight when I was a padawan. To be honest I was, but because I saw beauty in combat. Every time I fought I saw the colors of emotion..."

I wondered what more he'd ask about the Echani though...seemed culture was a bit mundane when asking about the Echani but I would inform him as best I could....

Josh would nod his head and listen as she would explain how apparently Echani could see in colors. He couldn't see in colors, despite being an Echani himself, and Jyoti had not mentioned it. But he supposed he would take her word for it. Odd, Narcissa never mentioned it either... Hmm... Either way, he would just keep taking mental notes of what she was saying, just in case some of it proved to be useful.

"Do go on" He would request, referring to the culture when it related to combat. He would let out a yawn as he would lean against a darkened tree, peering out at the Shadowslands around.

[member="Celiana"]

"If you haven't heard of what I and certain other Echani experience in color sight that's fine. It's just as much emotions as it is mental and I was trained from a young age to feel and embrace emotions and let fighting fuel them." Pausing I said "The culture of combat for the Echani is just that a culture it is in most every aspect of life. In how young children are raised we have a combat school as do the Mando'ade. The goal of this school is to teach younglings that they have power and to defend themselves in hope they won't have to. Mando'ade have similar albeit different schools they train soldiers. WE train scalpels, the similarities and differences between Echani and Mandalorians is intriguing. Almost two sides of the same coin in honesty."

"Culture outside of combat is where things are intriguing. Combat is a means to an end it's a skill like any other and we also teach politics and the sciences. In shipbuilding we think sleek, agile. In politics we teach fluidity, grace and importantly cunning. In romance we teach caution and in courtship there is combat. The reason for the combat is that it's a form of respect building, we build trust with another and strengthen the relationship through ritual combat. We learn to move both in tandem and against our chosen partner. The deciding thing is when no matter who it becomes a stalemate in that combat. Learning how your partner moves, how they react to attack and how they move to meet you is how we measure things in a courtship. When there is a stalemate it is because both people have learned the other's movements and have synced their attacks and defenses until there's nothing more to teach each other in that area and both parties win. This outside of courtship is a way to measure the qualities of someone, to gain respect and settle disputes."

Pausing I waited a bit for this to soak in. It'd mean more when he remembered our dance in the temple on Voss. I'd been measuring his character and I'd found him to be of excellent character albeit still very sassy. To be fair I was too... "Joshua, Mandalorians have their armor, their ideals of combat and clan.....Echani and Mandalorians are in my mind two sides of one coin and it's been known for their to have been Mando'ade eventually mating with Echani. There's I believe a mutual respect between the two cultures...."

Hopefully this was at least somewhat helpful, I felt like I was getting closer to what he ACTUALLY wanted to know about....

"Hold up" Josh would stop her for a moment as she finished. He'd been listening to every word, but one thing confused him. "You're talking about breeding Mandos and Echani, but the Mandalorians aren't a singular race" He would remark. "They're a culture, there is nothing genetic about their disposition. Is there a reason to interbreed between them, aside from inheriting culture, which one can do anyway simply by joining a Mandalorian clan?" He would ask. He'd known a relative belonged to a Mandalorian clan as well, and had done his research on that topic some time ago, so he knew this. He too once thought they were a race, but the found out differently before long.

"Regardless, I think I get what you mean. Thank you, Cel" He spoke with a gentle bow. "I was thinking, by the way, would you care to spar? I was hesitant before, not wholly understanding the Echani cultures, but I think now that I have more of an understanding, I can approach this from a different light this go around."

[member="Celiana"]

Smirking I acknowledged his question. "Not breeding as a race, Echani don't care about race, each warrior is different and brings a different version of their ideals on family and clan. It's more a breeding of ideals and to bring a new generation of warriors into life. Two sides of the same coin, Echani have the fluidity and grace. The Mando'ade have strength and determination it's a merging of these things. As to simply joining a clan of Mando'ade no that's a mark we don't cross."

"Let me ask you Joshua, if someone randomly walked into Mandalorian arms and said I want to join. Then brought nothing to add strength would the Mando'ade accept them? Mandalorians don't yield in combat, Echani don't yield personal experiences unless it is earned through our culture which is combat. In both cultures sharing of self is based off of respect earned, which also happens to be through combat."

As Joshua mentioned sparring again I nodded. "Aye, we can do that. Not out in the Shadowlands though. Follow me if you wouldn't mind Master....." I started walking back to one of the concealed lifts which we'd take down to the Shadows HQ. It'd certainly beat sparring out in the mud.

"Mmm. Fair enough" He would respond as he would understand the point of her philosophy. Breed ideals, instead of focusing on the race... Focus on the person and not what they were. It was an interesting philosophy and one that he would keep in mind while studying the Echani in the future. He kept notes of all that she had said overall though. Between her and Jyoti, he was starting to get a good picture of what the Echani were about. He wanted to make his mother's line - and his own- proud, and embrace their traditions and culture if he could.

Nodding his head, he would follow behind her to where they would be sparring.

[member="Celiana"]

Taking the lifts down I felt the slight lurch to the left then down again. The doors opened and I walked out onto the hardwood floor stepping out of my boots as I did. Bending over slightly I stretched then pulled my socks off using my feet. Shrugging off my outer robes I reached over my head and pulled the inner robes off. Tossing them to the bench outside the mat I reached down and pulled the drawstring of my Echani combat trousers free. Stepping on the bottom of the left leg with my right foot I simply stepped out of them. Standing in a simple sports bra and elastic boyshorts I bowed then stepped onto the mat.

"Echani honor-duel settings. Music please?" A pause then the lights went down to a dim glow. "Acknowledge Ma'am." I waited in a seated Lotus position for Joshua to step onto the mat. This would be intriguing now that he had a better concept of honor duels...

316f608045a779724f0dc82ab564f534.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAL5G9Xwn4​
[member="Josh DragonsFlame"]​

Once the two would enter, Josh would look around. He hadn't been in the enclave of the Jedi Shadows before, so it's interior was unknown to him. He had avoided the Shadowlands for the most part. He had no reason to come here if there was not a business reason, not when the place was teeming with the dark side.

Background music? Interesting, but fair. "Nice mood music" He joked lightly as he would step out of his boots once they walked onto the mat, him thinking it was likely respect reasons she had stepped out herself. As Celiana bent over to undress, he would watch her from behind, looking her over a moment but not enough to be as playfully obvious as he might be. But if she did notice, it would be the first indicator to her that aspects of his personal life had changed.

Once she had stripped down and was ready to go, Josh would nod his head and pull his robes over his shoulders, before throwing them down.

CRACK

The robes let out a loud noise upon contact with the ground, indicating the ones he wore in the temple were weighted. Cracking his neck, Josh would finish out with the stripping, losing his shirt and pants, until he stood shirtless and in a pair of light short trousers. Letting out a deep breath, he would get into stance, his mind quickly flashing with thoughts on what was to come... Josh had the experience advantage as a fighter, by far. And by body and size comparison, he likely had that too. But Josh had never finished training in Echani hand to hand, the style they were meant to use in this duel. Celiana had the clear advantage there.

[member="Celiana"]

"Mood music indeed Joshua. Echani in traditional duels of this nature have witnesses and there is usually music to go along." I'd been simply sitting with my eyes closed. Though the looks had not escaped my notice and were not unwelcome either. One thing I definitely had noticed on the prior occasion we'd sparred this way was an appreciative look albeit with sarcastic joking. Now though....He had neither joked about another woman not had he the signature in The Force of someone who was in a relationship....Usually there was a soft swirl of colors if the person was.....involved.

The loud clack against the floor though....His robes were weighted. When he sparred he'd be faster then. The body compensated for movement when training with weights, Akira had always cautioned me against fighting opponents who wore such things. They were deceptively fast. Rising from my seated position I looked at Joshua and said "Open yourself to Force-sight if you've been trained in it. Then look at me you will want to feel my emotions through The Force then assign each that you feel a corresponding color. Once you've done so then we'll begin Joshua. This is the only Force-power allowed in Echani duels. As it is simply meant to observe the other persons emotions and be a thing of beauty. Also just so you know I'm not against you looking if you like what you see."

Winking at him briefly I backed away from him and moved into a loose ready stance. We'd see now if I'd improved as a Knight, a woman, a warrior. If I'd finally let go of Aria, of Zephyr.... I was intrigued to see what this duel showed me about myself and about Joshua...

He nodded his head calmly when she would explain colors in regard to Force Sight. After a few minutes of attempting, it started to come into focus. Nodding his head again, he would quickly take stance. His stance was still half a basic style and still half the Echani style, indicating he hadn't yet mastered how to use the stance. His Echani hand to hand training was incomplete. Something he now hoped to change.

Though he would smirk lightly when she would indicate she had seen the looks, flirted herself, shot him a wink... Of course, competing with him in flirtation was a bad idea. He was competitive, after all. Not to mention he hadn't forgotten her little stunt last time. He would get her for that. "I might do more than look if you don't watch yourself in this spar" He warned playfully as he would move forward, moving slowly as he would try and get a feel for her movements, cautious as ever as he would try and predict her next move.

[member="Celiana"]

Smirking I noticed the stance. Half-Echani, half basic. So he had some training in the Echani arts....this would be fun. "Joshua....it seems you're under the impression that I'd dislike that. If you're referring to the last time we sparred then I hardly did anything too off limits..." As I'd been speaking I'd seen him smoothly move forward measuring my movements. In response I raised my left leg and with dancers' grace brought it back down ahead of me. The ball of my left foot as my pivot and movement point as I smoothly moved forward my right hip raised and my hands still in a loose ready stance.

Eyes still closed I saw the colors, blue as a logical or analytical, a green for slipping into what felt natural. A twinge of white mixed with maroon.... that was intriguing. Usually white meant purity of thought while maroon spoke to....baser desires. He was beginning to analyze, slip into combat mindset which likely felt natural to the Echani side of him. The white and maroon..... purity of thought on combat and maroon for flirtation and actually committing thought to possibilities of flirtation. Interesting, a very natural set of colors though I looked forward to seeing them begin blending and I looked forward even more to seeing the maroon and how that blended throughout this duel.

Your move Joshua....

"Mhm" He spoke calmly as he would measure her carefully, having already decided on his first move. He didn't understand the colours he was seeing. For now, they were just colors. With time and research, he would likely understand them, but for now he just saw colours and would rely on what he knew. He watched one leg move, and the other. But once it moved ahead of the other, he knew the "how" of his plan.

Quickly dashing forward, he would use the forward leg as his crutch, wrapping his leg around it. With that, he would wrap his arms around her, trying to trap her arms in his but he knew it would immobilize them both. He also knew it didn't give him enough time to land a blow. This was not a combat maneuver. Celiana would be too fast, too experienced in the style for Josh to attempt a blow. No, this had another reason entirely. Something far quicker than a combat move.

He would immediately lean in and slowly slide his tongue along her right cheek, pressing in hard and stopping just next to her ear. Grinning deviously, he would hop over her leg and break the grip, knowing he wouldn't be able to hold it long enough with how hastily he had put it on to keep her from breaking it easily. If he had taken his time, and tried to get a better grip, maybe he could have used it as a combat strategy. But it would have been far easier to counter before he could do anything, too. Josh would transition into a backflip to clear some space and land on his feet.

"Now we're even" He teased, sticking his tongue out at her in turn. Now the battle could begin for real.

[member="Celiana"]

I wasn't wrong about the weight training. He moved faster than his....muscular frame should be able to. Added to that that he went for my front leg and we went down together. I felt wetness against my right cheek...his tongue. I could see the amusement as a shade of maroon again. He flipped away and said Now we're even. Smirking I said "Joshua that was a hell of a first move and also...quite welcome." If nothing else he'd picked up the fact that women seemed to enjoy their neck being, kissed, licked and even bitten in some cases. "You've no idea where I may want you to stick that tongue after we're done here."

Focusing I spun back into a loose crouch. Planting my left hand as a fulcrum tight against me I said "Look at me through Force sight. Non-verbal tells in regards to emotion. Am I excited? Determined? Logical? You've seen my emotions before when last we sparred now....look at those emotions through the force and pick a color. Yours for logic and analytical is blue, feeling at ease and natural with combat is green. Purity of thought on combat white as it should be and lastly baser desires as maroon..... do the same with me. This match won't show you as much without it."

I still was waiting until he did so I wouldn't be able to see through his eyes. I'd be able to feel when he chose colors though it was one of the things about using force-sight in this way is one combatant recognized another. He'd made the first move and now I'd see what his second was....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom