Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legacy II : Ossus Edition

She moved around him and Sopher blinked, he knew his master was a great duelist and he needed to learn from her, but this was something different. She didn’t push against him, she allowed him to use his power on her, but she remained strong enough to keep from falling under his strength. It was a lesson and he quickly picked up on it. His momentum shifted slightly as she moved her blade to burn against his elbow. He wouldn’t take the punishment this time.
Seeing her pivot he used the momentum he had moving forward taking a step behind her pivot he shifted his hips quickly and rolled his leg into a kick aimed towards the back of her closest knee. His gaze never left the woman’s as he twisted his wrists giving into her bladed just long enough to slide his from the center of hers, he needed to get his elbow from the path of her blade, so he released the blade with the arm and lowered it. He held his saber with one hand now, he thought about grabbing at her hand hoping to weaken her grip, but decided against it and prepared to call his second saber. @[member="Daella Apparine"]

As @[member="Sopher Jakobs"] moved, Daella’s eyes looked to the ground. She maintained an expressionless look. Disinterested in the moments where it seems as if Sopher’s elbow would fly straight for the tip of Daella’s blade.

Yet the moment that Sopher took a step forward, Daella muttered, “Ohh.

With the move that Sopher attempted, he began to move past the left side of Daella. This left Daella’s front open - especially if Sopher intended to loop his leg around and attempt to kick the back of her knee. She took this opportunity to disengage her lightsaber. She quickly slid it away with a crack and hiss. She leaned her torso forward to an exaggerated angle to avoid a retaliatory attack.

Yet with Sopher committed to the kick, Daella began to move forward without trouble. She stepped forward with her right foot. She released her right hand’s grip on her lightsaber. In a single moment, she slashed down her lightsaber with her left arm so that the blade was behind her and in a vertical position. With Daella’s left leg being closest to Sopher, he targeted this leg.

Just as how Sopher’s elbow strike had a lightsaber blade blocking its path, Sopher’s leg now flew toward a humming yellow blade protecting the backside of Daella’s left leg.

The Jedi Master did not stop - though. She only held her lightsaber where it was long enough to take a step forward with her left leg. She then pivoted on her right foot and slid back to squarely face Sopher. She managed to create a distance of a couple meters from her move.

As Sopher prepared to call his second lightsaber, Daella grabbed her lightsaber with both arms once more.

She had an answer to everything and Sopher grew in frustration, though this was probably the reason why she was the Master and he was the Student. He took notes as she moved avoiding the attacks, especially the way she disengaged him by turning off the saber. His kick was full force and found contact with the blade that was now blocking her leg, the burn against his pants was felt to the skin and he winced slightly. He knew not to do that again and would have to figure out a way to control his movements so that he wasn't putting all his effort into them, but still had enough to cause damage. She made distance between them and he stared at her for a moment. Taking in a few deep breaths, he noticed she was giving him quite the workout. They had been in silence till she had said the small word.

Shifting his weight back, he put his left foot slightly behind, but adjacent to his right. He read he posture and saw that she had both of her hands on her saber, it would give her strength in her swings and defense. Keeping his second blade clipped to his side, he reached out with the force. He thought about saying something, but he had learned silence was better with @[member="Daella Apparine"]. Telekinesis, specifically a Force pull was attempted towards the Jedi Master to pull her back close to him, he didn't want to chase her, but instead bring her towards him hopefully putting her off balance. If his force pull worked, he would step into an upward slash as she would be landing.

With a gesture of @[member="Sopher Jakobs"], Daella flew up into the air at his command of the Force. Her eyes widened in surprise as she was lifted up as if by the abdomen into the air and several feet up. She gave just a slight gasp of shock. Yet as Daella neared the projected landing point, her eyes looked upon Sopher’s feet. She noticed how began to initiate his first move. She tightened her face and released her left hand’s grip from her lightsaber.

Daella resolved to cheat.

Leaning forward midair, Daella stretched her left hand out. As Sopher initiated his upward slash, Daella called upon the Force to push herself up and into the air. Her extremely light frame made it easy for her to do this. She used the newfound momentum of her push to do a forward flip. She quickly rose above and beyond the reach of the lightsaber that Sopher used for his attack.

At one point of Daella’s flip, she flew just past Sopher’s head. She was also in a position that allowed her to swing her lightsaber forward - at least relative to her. To Sopher, it would be as if she swung it backwards as she moved in a certain direction. Her yellow blade swung in a path that could strike the back of Sopher’s head if unimpeded, though.

Finally, Daella landed a couple meters away from Sopher in a three-point stance with her left hand on the ground. She stood up and gave a smooth exhalation of breath. She did not assume a fighting stance.

Turning back to Sopher, Daella told him, “You still have much to learn. Yet, you haven’t given up. I need someone that can do just that much - though it won’t be as easy as this simple spar.

Watching his Master counter the attack that would have possibly won him the spar, made him snort with frustration. His blade followed the upward swing as she darted behind him and make an attempt at the back of his head. As the blade followed it moved behind his head creating a block to avoid her slash towards the back of his head. He knew how the blade burned against flesh and the last thing he wanted as it near his head, especially since he slept on his back. The boy quickly turned prepared for another attack, but noticed she didn't assume a fighting stance. His body relaxed and his saber found its home against his leg clip. Taking the words as a form of praise he nodded and closed the small gap between them.

As he walked he spoke to his Master, "I'm relieved you noticed. I'm never going to give up Master - I will defeat and exterminate the Dark Side from our galaxy and I will become the Grand Master of the Jedi." Sopher walked past his master till he was a few steps ahead of her, stopping he turned and looked over his shoulder. "I'm not the idiot child you first met Master @[member="Daella Apparine"] - I've grown up - things are very different now."

When @[member="Sopher Jakobs"] began to speak, Daella deactivated her lightsaber. She clipped it back onto her utility belt. She still kept a still face.

Sopher Jakobs,” began Daella with a crisp voice, “I have yet to see the full measure of your resolve."

Then, Daella turned her chin up just slightly and commanded, "Still, follow me and become my shield.

There was no hesitation, he looked towards his Master and nodded his head. He understood slightly what she meant, but he knew in time she would explain herself. Putting a hand over his chest he gave a respectful partial bow to @[member="Daella Apparine"].

“I’ll show you my full resolve and become your shield, my Master”

When Sopher responded, Daella gave just a slight, "Heh," under her breath along with a brief half smile. She extended her right hand to him.

Then, for your efforts,” began Daella as she looked at @[member="Sopher Jakobs"], “You will join our ranks as a Jedi Knight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom