Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legacy II : Ossus Edition

Looking out the window on Ossus, Sopher landed in a transport to the extended Temple on Ossus. The planet was liberated from the Sith and Sopher had to sit it out being told to remain at the temple. His hand clenched, if he was able to have been there, he could have run into the Sith that ruined everything. Taking a deep breath, he calmed himself. If he lost control he would be tempted by the darkside and become nothing more than what they were. If he became one of them - then he would never be able to avenge Evelyn.

The transport touched town and the young man exited the ship, for once he had to duck down to avoid the upper portion of it. A smirk spread across his face as he was fully prepared to surprise his Master. The woman had ordered him to remain on Coruscant for the remainder of his classes, with the new found determination he had quickly completed them and was now capable of being a viable asset to the woman that was training him.

At the temple he learned quickly basic saber work along with protection skills, the boy excelling in physical combat took it to the next level and began to build his body into a war machine. He continued to move with two lightsabers clinging to his legs, the didn’t wave about like they did when he was the scrawny kid. They remained still and hugged against the man’s legs.

“Padawan, your Master’s office is down this way. Should you get los-”

“Its fine, I’ve been studying the layout since the shuttle took off of Coruscant. I want to make sure there’s no reason for Master Apparine to send me back home.”

The guide nodded and Sopher headed towards Daella’s office, he had sent her a message - but it seemed their shuttle had arrived a day early. Pressing his lips together he hoped he wouldn’t be interrupting too much. Finding her door, he knocked twice and waited for her to respond.

“Master Apparine.”

@[member="Daella Apparine"]

Inside Daella’s office, the Jedi Councilor was busy looking at a holo-diagram of the Ossus Temple. After the Jedi liberated the planet, one of the first things the Order did was to rebuild the ancient temple that had been home to the Jedi. Now, it was just finished - and Daella was one of the Masters in charge of the temple.

When @[member="Sopher Jakobs"] entered, Daella immediately looked up at the boy. She had a slight frown on her face once she saw him. Sitting on a desk, Daella did not move for several seconds or even speak despite Sopher addressing her.

Then, Daella turned off the holo-diagram - disappearing to a portable holo-projector that could be stored in a Jedi’s utility belt.

Looking straight in to Sopher’s eyes, Daella calmly asked, “Why are you here, apprentice?

For however long Sopher had known @[member="Daella Apparine"] he figured the woman didn’t know how to smile. He had forgotten how, his mind focused on training and to continue to get better. There was nothing left for him at the academy it was time for him to enter his Master’s training. Her tone was her typical tone, she always seemed annoyed or … no annoyed would be the word here to see him.

Usually, the boy would worry and struggle to speak to the Jedi Master, but he was determined and in a sense serious. Hands reached behind him and his broad chest puffed out a bit in an attempt to show the woman that he wasn’t that pathetic thing she had picked up as a student.

“I’ve finished my work on Coruscant. There is nothing more they can teach me through books and holo fights. I want to fight for the Republic, to fulfill my duty as a Jedi. The next step in my training Master Apparine is to fully commit myself to you as your student.”

His eyes stared back into hers, it was something he had never done and his gaze didn’t falter.

“I need to learn to fight off the Sith, to eradicate them from this galaxy and provide the peace that is needed.”

Sopher didn’t shift his stance, he remained still and answered his Master calmly.

“The dark side corrupts and ruins people. They stop being the people you once knew and cared about. We’ve lost Jedi, strong Jedi because they become intoxicated with the dark side.”

“The Sith go against everything the Jedi stand for, we strive for peace, they seek chaos. It is that chaos that throws worlds into hell and innocent people are hurt because of a selfish individual or individuals that seek personal gain.”

“If we focused on eradicating the Sith, returning the those that have fallen away from the light a chance…”

He paused, deep in his heart he didn’t fully know if he believed those that have fallen from light could return, but he knew it was what he was supposed to say as a Jedi.

“By removing the darkness from the Galaxy we would be able to provide the prosperity and peace that the people of the galaxy are calling for. Through my studies and with the fight with the Fringe...I finally understand Master.”

"Do you understand?" immediately questioned Daella.

Pausing any further dialogue, Daella gently stood up from her seat - her eyes glancing down as she rose. She held the holo-projector in her left hand. Her blue eyes settled on @[member="Sopher Jakobs"] once more.

"Too many Jedi say those same words," she began with little inflection in her voice, "Only to be sidetracked by personal pursuits. The duty required of us demands that we discard what we want as a person and live fully for the Republic. Are you prepared for that?"

He forgot how short his Master was when she stood. The last time he had seen her, they were about the same height. He had grown physically and that was obvious for her to see. She spoke about personal pursuits and remembering what he had said, he knew that if he followed the desire for revenge against the Sith it would just make him just as low as they were.

Personal gain.

The thoughts fluttered from his mind and he looked at his Master, his vision moving with hers.

“I’m fully prepared to give my life to the Republic and to the Jedi. I am not like the other Jedi - you and I both know this.”

Pausing, Sopher relaxed his shoulders slightly feeling somewhat comfortable now that she wasn’t frowning at him.

“Master I’m willing to learn everything you’re willing to teach me. I want to fight alongside you against the Sith and the evils that threaten our peace.”

Looking up at @[member="Sopher Jakobs"], Daella silently allowed him to speak. Once he finished, she took a step to his right to walk past him and toward the room’s exit. She paused once she just passed Sopher and turned her head toward him slightly.

At least you’ve grown up a bit,” she told him, “Follow.

Then, Daella walked out the room and began to journey through the temple’s corridors. They went toward a repulsorlift of one of the central towers of the temple. Daella would not speak until they reached their destination unless Sopher did so first.

Sopher followed his Master, he remained a few steps behind her giving the respect of being the lead in their pair. His eyes remained forward the best they could, though he couldn't help but glance at her form - she was so much smaller than he was. Standing on the lift with @[member="Daella Apparine"], it felt like some time since they had been near each other. In a sense he felt better learning from her, with the knowledge that the council went for a treaty with the Fringe he began to lose confidence in their belief in the Republic, the Order, and democracy. They both remained silent, but the boy looked once more towards his Master.

"The temple was completed quickly, why did you leave me on Coruscant?"

His eyes moved from the woman as he watched the lift move passed the levels.

"My learning would have fared better at your side Master."

The lift continued to rise. Daella slightly turned her head toward @[member="Sopher Jakobs"].

Answering him, Daella said, “For your own safety.

Then, the lift reached the top. The door before them opened to reveal a circular room with windows as the outer wall to the outside. In the middle of the room was the symbol of the Jedi Covenant.

Walking into the room, Daella waved her hand - causing the lights to turn on and illuminate the room. As she walked, Daella said, “Your body and mind were not yet ready for the frontier of war.

Stopping at the center and turning her body toward Sopher, Daella then said, “Now, your training will involve actual missions rather than the safety of the temple. This room shall be where we meet before a mission - and eventually others will join as well.

"what missions will we be doing especially while the empire is in pieces? Will we be hunting the remnants of the Sith?"

Sopher took in the room, he had seen rooms such as this in his text books during his studies. This was his goal, this was where he wanted to be. Looking at the symbol he stood on his frown remained, the symbol meant protect and peace everything that the Jedi stood for. He thought about his master'a words, she was right. Sopher knew deep down that he was incapable in standing for what it meant to be a Jedi when he was weak. Back then, he was the one that needed to be protected. Hands balled into costs as he thought about everything, if only he had realized sooner, if only -

He stopped himself, he couldn't live in the past and he couldn't curse it. The frown never changed as he stood then looked at his Master.

"I will prove to you that I'm more than ready. I'll protect everyone in the order and the people of the republic. I'm not a child anymore...I'm sorry for being a burden to you Master. I won't be anymore, not to you or Master Moridena. I'll protect both of you with my life"

Don’t overstep your boundaries,” warned Daella, “You’re not strong enough for such a goal.

Continuing, Daella said, “Yet the Force is infinite. Anything is possible. I can only show you where to start.

Motioning to the emblem of the Jedi Covenant on the floor, Daella then asked, “Is there anything you can tell me of this symbol and what it stands for?

@[member="Sopher Jakobs"]

Sopher frowned as he looked towards @[member="Daella Apparine"]. She warned him within good reason, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t enjoy it. Wiping his nose with his index finger and thumb he calmed himself slightly and focused on her words. They were a warning, but words of encouragement. That’s how he took it, looking towards the ground he stared at the symbol of the Covenant.

“The symbol is that of the Jedi Order and specifically of the Covenant. It represents everything we stand for, knowledge, serenity, peace, harmony and ultimately the Force which guide us.”

Sighing softly he felt as if he was back on Coruscant again. Though, it was good to be with his master instead of a classroom. He did long for the conversations and his Master's companionship.

“It represents our code, the entity that binds us to our duties Master. The Covenant...its purpose is to find the shatterpoints of the Sith and prevent them from rising up again - to stop them from gaining power correct?”

Among other things,” replied Daella to @[member="Sopher Jakobs"].

Then, Daella took her lightsaber hilt with her right hand. She adjusted a knob on the cylinder with her left - a common method of Jedi to adjust a real lightsaber to the non-lethal level of a training saber. She looked at the hilt on Sopher’s hip - or if there was none, a training saber just resting on an armrest nearby.

Yet, resolve is necessary for the Covenant,” continued Daella, “A will to never yield no matter the difficulty. Do you have such resolve, apprentice?

Sopher pulled at his leg strap and pulled the lightsaber, he twisted the end and thought about what @[member="Daella Apparine"] had mentioned. Resolve seemed to be something that was needed desperately in the Order. Masters were bending towards the enemies requesting friendship instead of removing them from the Galaxy to insure peace. He strapped the Saber back to his leg, and then pulled the other to lower its power as well. He kept this one out and decided against the second for the time being.

"I have the resolve."

Spinning the hilt in his hand for a moment, he clasped his hands around the cool metal. A weapon he had crafted by himself, his pride and joy were these sabers. Looking towards his Master he nodded and took his left foot back settling into a ready stance.

"I assume you're going to test this resolve of mine Master."

Yes,” replied Daella.

Once @[member="Sopher Jakobs"] assumed a stance, Daella took several steps back.

To have resolve is easily said,” she began with a soft, flat voice, “Somewhat more difficult to do.

Then, Daella ignited her lightsaber. Her yellow blade slightly lit up the somewhat dim room. The hum was very low pitch compared to a standard lightsaber due to the decreased power.

If your words are hollow,” continued Daella with somewhat more inflection, “Expect no mercy from Sith.

In an instant, Daella assumed an aggressive stance with her lightsaber gripped with both arms at chest level. She had her left foot forward with her right leg slightly bent and ready to leap off of.

The galaxy requires those that, while they cannot defeat all their enemies, will never lose,” claimed Daella as the volume in her voice slightly increased.

With great speed, Daella bounded off her feet and charged toward Sopher. She maintained a stern look on her face. Just within striking distance, Daella swung her lightsaber across from her right to left. She aimed for Sopher’s abdomen and would come from his left as an arcing swing with the blade almost parallel to the ground at all times. Her swing did not seem to have much strength behind it.

Sopher listened to the lesson and his eyes focused on the woman's blade. Her attack was simple and easily block-able, he felt slightly offended that she would attack him so simply, but then he remembered his previous attempts at saber work with his master. Narrowing his eyes, his blade soon ignited though the point was down and he quickly stopped the sweep of her blade. Stepping forward with his strong foot he moved to push her blade upright. The step adding a bit of force behind his counter, he pushed against her attempting to throw her off balance. Sopher knew the basic understanding of lightsaber combat, he knew that his knowledge was no where near the depth of @[member="Daella Apparine"]

It was time to learn and to become better.

Holding his blade to hers, he lifted his strong foot and went to kick her foot from the inside. His hopes was to keep her off balanced and ruin the base she had created with her feet.

"Master I won't lose, especially to a Sith and in this case, you."

With a crack and hiss, @[member="Sopher Jakobs"]’s lightsaber and Daella’s collided. At first, Daella’s blade remained parallel with the ground to Sopher’s left, while Sopher’s blade remained near vertical with the end pointing down. With a step and turn of his wrists, Sopher began to rotate his and Daella’s lightsaber upright.

However, Daella did not stop moving. Her feet seemed to remain in constant motion. She did not push back more than necessary - only to keep her own blade from rushing toward her own body. The kick came from the very foot that Sopher used to step forward just moments ago - something that could instead prove fatal to the one attempting the attack.

So in order to keep moving while taking advantage of Sopher’s kick, Daella swept her own right foot back. Her boot lightly scrapped the ground. She pushed off her right foot to push her left foot back. With that, Daella positioned herself so that her body turned clockwise just slightly while also just missing Sopher’s kick.

At the same time, Daella lowered her hips while pulling her arms to up and to her right. She attempted to keep her blade upon Sopher’s - again, not pushing back more than necessary and in fact giving some ground. Daella pivoted the middle of her blade upon Sopher’s. This resulted in the tip of Daella’s blade rotating downward and toward Sopher’s right shoulder. She did not perform this maneuver with speed or power - but with deliberate dexterity by repositioning just her body and hilt. Contact, if made, could leave a slight burn.

He was put off balance as his kick missed, doing his best to recover he allowed her to push on him. The burn was a mark of his mistake and he wouldn’t make it again. He allowed her to draw closer and his knees bent slightly. His hips shifted regaining a balance between both of his feet. In a sudden movement, he put strength back behind his blade pushing Daella’s far enough from him to make the burning stop. A small red mark would linger for a moment, but he would always remember.

His elbows tightly inward, he saw a small opening. He needed to regain some sort of ground. Using his left foot, he pushed off slightly and lunged forward while he kept his blade against Daella’s. As he pushed forward, his right elbow moved towards her face while he attempted to jab it into her.

Silence lingered between them as he did his best to read his Master’s moves like he was taught at the Academy.

As soon as @[member="Sopher Jakobs"] began to push against Daella’s blade, Daella took a quick step back with her left foot. It slid across the ground so that she kept contact with it to prevent Sopher from pushing her off balance. She kept her lightsaber up and rotated the tip back up so that it was parallel with the ground. With the little ounce of strength she had, Daella gave a little bit of push back to prevent Sopher from making her own lightsaber make contact with herself.

Just before Sopher took his step forward, Daella slid her right foot back. It flowed with her previous step to seem as if there was no pause in her movements. She leaned her torso slightly forward as her hips moved back to keep her lightsaber in the same position as her foot moved back.

With her lightsaber held to her right side, Daella began to drift slightly more toward Sopher’s left. As soon as Sopher exerted extra force against Daella with his step forward, Daella’s left foot began to move. She continued to slide backwards. She leaned her torso back once again as she shifted the position of her hilt. Once again, Daella rose her hands up. Her yellow lightsaber blade pivoted so that the middle of Sopher’s blade was the axis. The tip of her blade was positioned to be in the path of Sopher’s right elbow as it rushed for Daella - who tilted her head back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom