Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LEGACY, Does it Really Exist

FwmISe3.png

Hi everyone, before I get down to the meat I have to give a bit of background, so lets get down to it. We are in a huge story that stretches 11172 writers, or maybe not that many but its a lot. We have people playing dark sorcerers, heroic knights, to thieves that prowl in the night, to say the least we have a huge cast. But in an overall story there's a disconnect between the galactic map, or even public to private threads you never hear someone just casually talking about something they've heard, that someone else has done "Uh man, Jedi master Jabba took a massive taco dump at the jedi temple so don't go there" or even really anyone caring, you can have the most largest, strongest faction but mark my word that it would be rare for anyone not in it or opposing it to talk, but if a living breath universe stories would travel, people love to talk. People would just rather go to Wookipidia and go this is where I go and this is what I do, it cuts out our very chaotic history.

I have a quote from [member="Thraxis"], that really sums this up.

The board is around 800 years past the Movies, and in that eight hundred years we're still using the same old stuff. We're still going through the same motions, time has passed, the writers themselves have yet to break that mold of Republics age and embrace the age of chaos and all of its writers. I know this is Star wars, but how many major faction are remembered, who talked about Hutt Cartel, after it was gone, who talked about the Primeval. It doesn't make the writers feel special, it should make them feel like they are apart of the story rather then just some side story. - Thraxis
BUT..

I'm not saying they should, or even its their fault. Cause how do they pick through the threads what's important to talk about how would they know about it, there's no holonews broadcast going "Once again Sith Lord, has been seen teasing children on playground" And also not saying the staff need do a weekly recap telling people you see this, they've already do a lot so I don't think its practical.

What am I offering?

My love, well no. What I am suggesting is to have a bunch of locations for public threads, people do mission find actually rewards donated by people, after all you ain't gonna use all those guns. Maybe one of them leaves a diary and someone in another thread finds it and learns a new story, an insight to a character they may never even meet. "Jeez, this diary sucks."

A place where a character can make a mark, and other people can look at these marks. Maybe a weekly write up could explain so and did so and so, and they left so and so. Adds a bit of continuity to such a chaotic story.

Goal
I want people to donate locations and items, or just make these locations and tell people "hey go nutts, there's treasure in there. And might be a few more surprises"

Maybe its a bad idea, maybe it won't work, but we'll never know.. until we try
One I'm working On

Jsc

Disney's Princess
So. You're looking for donations for a series of treasure hunt threads that you'll be doing in the future? Is that what this about? :)

[member="Jay Scott Clark"], kinda. Donations for treasure hunts that anyone can do, with a bit of chaos flavour, like a journal entry from Darth what his face, or the cooking collection of Jedi Master that guy, something people can use for their threads that's an open resource rather than just going on the wookipidia and reading some dusty old history from billions of Sith wars.

Kinda like a mini fridge but free, so they can go I like this location, there are Chaos weapons, locations, items with stories behind it, that actual Chaos Writers have made. How many times have you seen custom made weapons disappear with their writers, there's no lasting legacy. This give a chance for people to engage in the wider community instead of their faction, their click, or whatever. We're trying to tell a story, but what's a story if no one reads it.

I like this idea but at the same time would it be a bad idea to actually have a type of history or timeline type area for lore within the site for example the rise and fall of factions with reference to active characters???

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom