Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Leaving the Nest (Valery)

Aboard a ST-70 class Razor Crest M-12G
Traversing the Corellian Trade Spine
En Route to Coruscant

Junior check, double checked and triple checked the controls of his newly acquired ship as it hurtled through hyperspace along one of the busiest trade routes in the galaxy. The young redhead had rather recently acquired the ship, being gifted it by his father. He still remembered the day that his father had given it to him like it was yesterday...because it had been.

Twenty-Four Standard Hours Prior
The young Corek snuck his way through the Cadera-Feanor-Corek estate, over the grounds and finally made his way to the estate's rather large hangar, intent on taking a speeder to the nearby Aldera starport and from there...anywhere he wanted. It had been a good few months since the young man had turned eighteen and he had originally been excited for the day, but after months he was still stuck at home training and learning from his three parents. Junior loved his parents with all his heart but they were beginning to become stifling and as such he yearned to learn from other teachers.

As he crept through the hangar and collected a set of keys from the lockbox, the code being easy since his father was a sentimental man. He had made it to his chosen speeder when a clearing of a throat behind him had caught his attention. Freezing before quickly turning around his face immediately fell when he observed the form of his father, arms crossed and leaning against what looked like a covered starship, one Junior hadn't seen until now.

"You were going to leave without saying goodbye huh?" The older Noah stated, not accusing or reprimanding his son at all. "I...I didn't want there to be another fight about it." The younger Noah's head slumped, obviously somewhat ashamed of his actions. The senior fixed him with a concerned eye before sighing and tossing something to his son. Junior caught it quickly and looked down, surprised to see the ignition keys to a starship in his hands.

The sound of a massive cloth being pulled away pulled the youngers attention up and he marveled the brand new Razor Crest gunship that was perched in the hangar. "I tease you about being like your mothers but true is you've got more than a bit of my wanderlust in you...so this is your birthday gift...inside you'll find a datapad with a list of my contacts who would be willing to teach you or maybe take you on for work...just be careful and let me handle your mother's."

Junior looked back and forth between his father and the ship, tears threatening to spill before he launched himself forward and wrapped his arms around his father's chest. The senior returned the gesture, kissing the top of his namesakes head. "I promise to be careful." The two pulled apart after a good minute or two of embracing before Noah held his son by the shoulders and looked him in the eye. "Good, cause I fear for MY if you get hurt."

Giving his father a chuckle and wry smile the junior stepped past his father and lowered the ramp of the gunship before turning and giving his father a final wave and closing the ramp.

Present Time
Junior had spent the last twenty-four hours acclimating to the environment he found himself in, having only spent brief periods aboard a starship before. He found he liked the quiet hum of the engines and the expanse of stars floating past the cockpit windows while in hyperspace. Besides acclimating himself Junior had also spent the day going over the various contacts in the datapad before finally settling on the first one.

He figured that Coruscant would be a good place to start, fitting since that's where his father's life began. In particular he sought out Valery Noble Valery Noble to better help him understand the Force.

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Noah Corek Jr. Noah Corek Jr.

Valery walked through the halls of the Coruscant Temple at a steady pace. It wasn't unusual for outsiders to visit her there, as she often invited people for diplomatic reasons. But it wasn't as common for it to be family of a friend — the son of a friend, in this particular case. She knew Noah quite well and for many years now. He had once helped her get her first ship, allowing her to travel through the Galaxy, and later worked with her several times.

If there was a way she could help any of his family, she'd always be willing to listen.

So as Noah Corek Jr. Noah Corek Jr. 's ship began its landing sequence at the designated landing Pad, Valery would already be standing outside, watching and waiting for his arrival.

"Once his ship lands, make sure to run a basic maintenance check," Valery told one of the droids who worked on maintaining ships for the Jedi here. "I want to make sure that when he departs, everything is safe and ready for him."

With that said, she waited for the young Corek to disembark.

As his ship made its final descent Junior began to think back on the last time he had seen Valery Noble, interestingly enough it had been the first time that Noah Sr. had met the woman as well. Junior had been young, not even a teenage when his father, him and Valery had met in a market on Alderaan where his father had helped the out of time woman. Junior had grown a lot since then but one could still tell from looking at him who's son he was.

His Razor Crest came to a landing on the pad, the landing gears scraping a little bit before coming to a halt, the young man's lack of piloting skills being obvious from the rather rough landing. Swiveling his chair Jumior made sure that all the electronics and engine were shut down. Walking from the cockpit to the hold he had to decide on what weapons to take with him and decided to just stuck with his lightsabers for the time being.

With the press of a button the boarding ramp lowered and Junior stepped off of it, eyes immediately drawn to the lone person there to meet him, recognizing Valery Noble Valery Noble even after so many years. Walking to her with a smile Junior stopped just short of her and gave a deep, respectful bow. Having grown up with his parents Junior had the lessons of manners and etiquette drilled into him. "Master Noble, it's good to meet you again and thank you for taking the time to meet me."

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"...make sure to check the landing pad, too," Valery told the droid with a chuckle. Perhaps the young man was nervous, or just not the greatest pilot yet. It hardly mattered because if there was any damage, the crew here would certainly be able to repair it. Valery then heard the engines go offline, and the ramp was soon lowered, allowing him to step outside.

It had been years since she last saw him, so unlike her, he certainly had changed and grown out of his youthfulness a little. But she could still recognize the young teenager she met all that time again.

"It's good to see you again too, Noah," Valery said with a respectful bow of her upper body.

"You've grown a good bit since I last saw you." She chuckled and as he drew closer, she was forced to look up. Last time, she was still taller than him, but now, he was quite a bit taller than she was. Change was always a strange thing, but it was still amusing to see.

"I hope you've been well?" She then asked, before gesturing with her hand at the Temple, asking him to follow her.

To say that Junior was pleasantly surprised was a understatement when he found out that Valery Noble Valery Noble was shorter than him, having come from a household where he was considered to be on the shorter side due to the half Epicanthix heritage of most of his siblings. He gave the Jedi a smile and nod at her indication at his height and passing of time. "I think it's been...seven or eight years? It was that time in the market I believe..."

With her urging and gesturing towards the interior of the Temple, Junior followed beside her into it. When asked how he was Junior grimaced and shrugged. "I've been...okay. Chafing a bit under my parents. I wanted to join the army like dad when I turned eighteen butbut that was shot down. Dad was in favor of it but the only battle he's not willing to fight is the one with my mothers...not that I can blame him."

The young man chuckled at his own joke before sighing and decided internally to admit something to the woman. "And that's why I ran away...well technically I guess I didn't because I'm a legal adult but still. Dad actually caught me as I was sneaking out. Thought he'd stop me...but he didn't. He's always been weird like that, doing things we don't expect of him...my moms call it 'spontaneous' but me and my siblings call it...well nothing appropriate for polite company to hear."

He looked straight ahead as the walked and reached up to fiddle with one of his elongated ears, a nervous tick he'd developed at a young age and one his parents had tried to wean him off of to no avail. "Anyway I digress...he gave me that ship actually, a good amount of credits he said that was my 'college fund' though I doubt that. He also gave me a list of people he thought might help and train me. I'll give you three guesses who was near the top of the list." The younger man looked at Valery with a grin, a grin she'd know well as she would have seen it many times on the face of his father.

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery blinked, "Yeah, about 8 years or so sounds right." It was crazy to think that it had been that long already, but time moving fast usually meant that things were going well. She had found her place in the Galaxy, started a family, and contributed a lot as a Jedi. These last 8 years or so have by far been the best of her life, so she didn't mind at all.

Together with Noah, she then walked into the Temple and listened to what he had to say. It wasn't surprising to hear at all that his mothers had denied his desire to join the military. Valery was very protective of her children as well, so she understood where they were coming from. Similarly, it didn't really surprise her that his father had allowed him to go, even after he caught his son trying to run away.

"I'd say... your father wants you to experience things for yourself," Valery said with a smile. "To find your own path. You're an adult, so no matter how hard they try, your parents can't control you. Giving you the space to figure things out is only a good thing, as long as they're still there for you when you do need them."

That's how she'd one day approach this with her own children as well.

"He gave you a list, hm?" she then asked with a chuckle, "Well, I'm glad I'm on it but I do wonder what exactly you want to learn. Just training with the Force in general? Or something specific?"

Junior's smile grew a little wider, his face taking on a smirk Valery knew well at her blinking at his comment on the passage of time. "Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel old. Dad says I have a knack at doing that." Walking next to the Jedi Master he listened to her words about his fathers most likely reasonings behind letting him leave.

"That makes sense. Dad was always making sure we knew how to do stuff for ourselves. Both of my mothers grew up in rather affluent homes but dad? He grew up on the mid-levels. My mothers wanted the estate to have servants to clean and cook and such. But dad? No way, no how. His kids weren't going to be pampered blue bloods. He made sure we could do our own laundry, cook our own food, the whole adulting thing."

With his tirade done, as he'd call it, Junior heard her questions and chuckled. "Dad never really talked about his past except his war stories. But if the list he's compiled is anything to go by he's made some pretty powerful and interesting friends. His words for you were 'The only Jedi I've ever met that I respect AND like. Not too bad in a fight either'. Which coming from dad is pretty high praise."

When the topic of what he wanted to learn was brought up Junior scratched his chin, a habit when thinking that he'd picked up from his father. "Honestly? I hadn't given it much thought. I've already got a good amount of general Force training under my belt from my mother. She was a Jedi and Sith at different times. I've learned how to use a saber pretty well as well. Honestly? I think some of the more...advanced abilities if you think I'm ready for them of course..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom