Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaving Home (Mandos

Mandalore.

Verz's home for the longest time. He had lived here, trained here, fought to defend it, and led it and his people. He walked through the streets of Keldabe, toward the docks, where his new ship was waiting. He had decided that he was going to follow in his ancestors' footsteps, journeying across space, with no set home, other than his ship. The Nomad [ http://starwarsrp.net/topic/18605-the-nomad/%C2 For the foreseeable future, it would be his home.

Things of importance were already in the ship's hold and his quarters. All that was left was himself and his strill, Mirdala. The animal followed at his heels, following its master. Occasionally, children would stop and ask if they could pet it. Verz would pause, tell them it was ok, then when they were done fussing over the strill, he would continue on.

Within another twenty minutes, he had arrived at the star dock entrance. The guard on duty saluted, then asked for the ship Verz was heading for. "The Nomad, ner vod. Identification number 1365-0213."

@[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Gilamar Skirata"] @[member="Ordo"] @[member="Arla Balor"]

Cassanus

C
Cassanus walked around the docks for what seemed like hours on end, looking here and there, his bright golden armor glinted in the sun light of the planet he considered a home more than any where else in the galaxy, Cassanus looked up for a moment before noticing the old Mandolorian @[member="Verz Horak"] Cassanus waved as a friendly gesture and smiled at him from underneath his visor

Manda'yaim

Ordo wasn't sure what exactly he was thinking, but then, he didn't really care either. He hadn't really talked much with Verz, but the two had been in a few engagements together, and Ordo had a lot of respect for the man. More than once Ordo had seen Verz put himself in harms way to protect others and the sight of Verz's ship taking fire over Degobah from three different sides would be with him for years to come. Ordo had left Mandalore for personal reasons months ago and sadly comeback in the middle of a rough time for the Vode. However thing had gone Ordo knew one thing Verz had always wanted what was best for his people, and that mattered to Ordo.

Ordo on top of his armor wearing a pair of faded blue plant based 'jeans' and a black short sleeved shirt with matching black bandana, not his usual garb. Ordo like most days had been drinking, but unlike most days Ordo had been drinking a lot. Beside his heavy pack and his duffle bag full of weapons sat an empty bottle of tihaar and six empty bottles of ne'tra gal. The second bottle of Tihaar was still gripped tightly in his big hairy hand. He was waiting for Verz and he was going to leave with him whether Verz liked it or not.

Ordo took another sip as a maintenance droid wheeled it's way by and turned it's photoreceptor on Ordo.

"Wad ur you lookin et?" Ordo said not bothering to get up, "Neber seen a drunken stud afor?"

@Mia Monroe @Gilamar Skirata @Arla Balor @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Cassanus"]

The Liberty's cloak shimmered as she broke through the atmosphere, shutting down to reveal the shining hull. More her home now than Manda'yaim, she was loathed to leave it at all, but even she could not ignore the calls of war. It was like every factions patience had snapped at once. Word had reached her ears of the failure of Yaga Minor of the peace treaty that followed. Verz had been a fool while she was gone, though she understood his motives. Side with the bully, and the bully would leave you alone, but the deaths of thousands spoke against his decision. Gilamar had risen up and taken his spot as Mand'alor and now Mia was coming home, for a brief spell at least.

There was no question asked when she came in to land. She was, and always would be the Liberator, wether she stood in the chair of the Mand'alor or not, her name commanded respect. Boots thudded down the landing ramp and she head for the docks entrance, recognising Verz's armour. It didn't take much to put two and two together. He was running, just as she had run. She stopped a good distance from the entrance folded her arms and watched. out of Armour, Mia was not a formidable in appearance. Small in stature, many men had laughed at her when she challenged them in her past. She heard a drunken slur, her eyes swinging from Verz to Ordo a sigh escaping her lips. With one more glance at Verz she moved quickly to Ordo, foot swinging to kick the bottle from his hand.

"Get up and make yourself useful, Ordo. I catch you drinking in public again I'm going to remove your balls with a blunt beskad. Now move!"

She turned her back on him and headed for Verz. "Running doesn't solve anything, ner vod." she said as she reached him "Take it from someone who has experience in the matter."

Arla had come in two days earlier from her little trip to Coruscant she saw the ship sitting there. A few questions around the flight deck and she learned this was Verz's ship. He was leaving.

She had watched him take the challenge and it had hurt her to see him defeated. She understood. His reason for what he did. She even agreed some would say that was her being naive. She saw it as following her leader and following a man she respected. He had been her cultural teacher. Her friend.

She had one other friend in Arrbi he was her rescuer. Mandalore was suppose to be home.

She had decided after careful thought if Verz was leaving she was going to. Traveling might help her find her parents and traveling with friends would teach her more about the galaxy.

So she wouldn't unpack the freshly painted orange armor was in the bag at her feet along with a few possessions very few.

Yep. She was going.

@[member="Verz Horak"]. @[member="Ordo"]

Cassanus

C
He noticed that @[member="Verz Horak"] was beside his ship, this couldn't be happening, he had to do something, so he ran over and looked to Verz "where the hell do ya think your go in?" Cassanus asked, then he looked at @[member="Ordo"] "what happened to him" Cassanus muttered under his breath. Then turned back to Verz

@[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Mia Monroe"]

As Verz walked toward the droid that oversaw launching and landing at the dock, he spotted @[member="Cassanus"] waving and returned the friendly gesture. As he got to the dock entrance to his ship's airlock, he heard Mirdala bark, and a familiar voice. @[member="Mia Monroe"] . The Liberator. He turned to see her and @[member="Ordo"] walking toward him. "Sucuy'gar ner vode. Long time no see Mia. Same with you Ordo. What brings you to Mandalore?"

And as Cassanus walked up to him and asked him where we was going, Verz simply replied "Elsewhere."

@[member="Arla Balor"]

"War and rumor." she replied curtly to his question. It stung to realise that her presence was not expected. Afterall, she had left them after they had taken Yaga. Even if it had been for their own safety, the threat had long passed, she couldn't bring herself to come home though. she belonged on the Veil with Rel.

"A drink before you run?" she asked. She might not be able to stop him from going, but she could at least delay his departure and give him some food for thought.

Arla picked up her bag and carried it over to the ship where she had seen other mandos headed. She approached carefully making sure she wasn't intruding upon something that would create an uncomfortable situation. She did hear Verz say elsewhere, which confirmed what she had assumed.

She gently sat the bag down and walked to where the group now stood with Verz. Her green eyes looked upon each of the group, "Su'cuy" her mandalorian was still very rusty but she was learning, then her gaze fell on Verz, "Elsewhere?" Was all she asked, elsewhere as in where.

@[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Ordo"] @[member="Cassanus"]

"I never said I was running Mia. But I will grab a drink with you old time's sake." Verz turned and faced his strill for a moment. "Mirdala, wait for me inside the ship." The strill listened and watched him gesture, then barked once and walked inside the ship. As Verz turned to walk towards the nearest bar, he spotted @[member="Arla Balor"] . He saw the bag at her feet and made a guess that she heard he was leaving and decided to join in.

@[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Ordo"]

"A jerink with Vode is a wandervul idea." Ordo said drawing himself up in mock sobriety. He rarely got this drunk around others but it wasn't his first rodeo.

"Leadtha way Verz'ika."

Arla just smiled she would not intrude upon Verz with his friends she could assume they had things to discuss. Instead she walked over to the ship put her bag at the bottom of the gang plank. She walked to the top and sat down cross legged she would wait to see what the outcome of his meeting with friends.

@[member="Verz Horak"]

"Sucuy'gar, Arl'ika. What brings you here? And Ordo, anyone with half a brain knows you are piss drunk, which is fine. Just don't drink yourself to death." Verz watched Ordo fake being sober while Arla sat down by the gangplank. This was more of a sendoff then he had expected.

@[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Ordo"]

"No?" responded Mia as he moved away "Gilamar beats the living daylights out of you, war is rising and you're just going for a short flight to elsewhere." She shook her head "Definately doesn't look like you are running." Her hand moved without looking to hit Ordo round the back of the head "Di'kut." she hissed at him and his poor attempt at hiding his drunk state. She paused to look around her at those that had gathered before settling her eyes on Verz.

"Stay." she said simply.

"Ahh, but Mia, who's to say that I'm not just following tradition? The Bear left after steppimg down, as did Nakamura, and as did you yourself. Besides, I'm going to live as my ancestors did. Wandering the galaxy, following our ancestors' path for myself. Manda'yaim will always be home, but for now, I must distance myself. Let's get that drink though. I still owe you for saving my sheb on Borosk." Verz chuckled at the memory of Mia calling him a di'kut for distracting the two Stormtrooper squads. She had been so pissed off, and her angry face had looked so funny. Well, in retrospect, where she wouldn't slap him for saying that.

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

"Sucuy'gar Verz'ika" She looked up at the ship, and then back at Verz. "going somewhere?" she tilted her head, seems everyone wanted him to stay. She looked back to where Mirdala had disappeared, "Mirdala will miss the forest"

She looked at the flight deck then back to Verz, "you tired of me?" she smiled referencing their conversation at his house that day she telling him he might be stuck with her, him saying she might get tired of him. She looked at his friends Ordo and Mia.

"please stay" She did not want him to go, this was suppose to be home.

@[member="Verz Horak"]

@[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Cassanus"]

Ordo never saw the hand coming but he felt it just fine. Mia had cracked him, and, to be honest, he deserved it. The other gathered vode should not be seeing a rally master drunk in public, but he sure wished Mia hadn't spilled his home brew.

He closed one eye to look at Arla and Cassanus.

"Oya, vode'ika." Ordo said as Verz and Mia talked.

Ordo knew everyone was having trouble with the recent events. Ordo didn't like it either. He reached up clumsily with his big hairy hand and rubbed his scar riddled face.

"If anyone wants me." Ordo said as he looked back at the ship. "I'll be gedding the bags on board and making some caf."

"The Bear never left." Mia informed the group as they walked. "He was always on Manda'yaim. You just had to know where to look to find him. He showed his face where it was needed. It was him that killed Velok on Yaga Minor, or had you forgotten that?" She shook her head. "As for my predecessor, she was a waste of space, Mando'ade were better off without her. You though," she stopped walking "You have no reason to leave, save to nurse your wounded pride." She had ignored the comments about her leaving, no one knew the full truth of why she left, only that the reason she gave was that she had to protect Manda'yaim and she could not do it while she resided here.

She offered Arla a nod in greeting. "The dar'jetii are close to breaking, ner vod. Now is not the time to go."

"I didn't know the Bear was on Yaga Minor. I was with another squadron, remember? As for Nakamura, she had maybe two brain cells, if that. She was terrible. And I never said anything about wounded pride Mia. All I said was I had decided to follow my ancestors. Our ancestors. They were nomads, remember? I wish to see if there is anything to be learned by following the ancient Mandalorian path. As for the dar'jetti, they will always exist." Verz sighed and shook his head. "Whether we destroy them now or not, they are like a Hydra. Always regrowing their heads. We've tried time and time again. Ask the damned Jedi. They will tell you the same. No matter how much of their 'light defeats the dark' bullpoodoo they shove down your throat, they know it too."

@[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Cassanus"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Mia Monroe"]

After a few minutes Ordo came back with a big cup of strong black caf gripped in one of his hairy meat hooks. His scar riddled face still painted with the mellow glow of too much booze. The big bull nerf of a man had likely finished the remainder of bottle Mia had kicked before pouring the caf. (but We won't tell on him today.)

Ordo listened to Verz as he finished speaking and was unable to let it go with out speaking his mind.

"We're all gonna die someday Ner Vod, that doesn't mean we drop our trousers and let death kick us in the shebs early." Ordo's words were still thick but they had the air of something Ordo had thought alot about, "Just because we can never beat the Sith permanently doesn't mean we let them do as they pleade either."
Ordo took a sip of his caf.
"As long as Jedi and Sith exist to tear up this galaxy. There will be a need for the Manda to have it's children keep them in line."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom