Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaving Home (Mandos

Arla listened, still learning the standings of the Mandalorians in the galaxy and surely from the way they all went back and forth they were familiar with one another. She nodded to Mia and smiled, hopefully his friends could convince him to stay.

She really wanted him to stay, but something in his voice told her that he was going.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Cassanus"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Mia Monroe"]

"So you're not running," she said coldly, whatever humor she may have had before gone from her face "You're giving up." Fury blazed in her eyes and she moved in on Verz, closing in on his personal space, dak eys glang at him. "Do you know what happens when we stop fighting them? They win. They rule the galaxy and they plunge us into a dark age like we have never known. Our children and our grandchildren become their slaves, the people we love become subject to torment like you have never known...like you can't even begin to imagine. You walk away from this now, you dishonor those that have died fighting." She stepped back, glowering at him for a moment before turning on her heel and marching towards the nearest bar.

She didn't look back to see if they were following, Verz's words had left a bad taste in her mouth. Her chest was taught with anger to think that he had lost such faith. She knew things were bad when she heard of the treaty but she hadn't expected this. Pushing the bar doors open she paused inside the doors as heads swung to look at her, her fury forgotten for a moment. She'd been gone far too long. Averting her eyes from the stares she moved to the bar, ordering a whiskey, refusing to look back at the eyes that were burning holes in the back of her head.

Verz followed Mia into the bar. He didn't care if people saw the two Mandos arguing. It didn't matter at this point. With each word Mia spoke, Verz grew angrier. How dare she say he was bringing dishonor on the fallen! "What right do you have to judge me Mia? You left after you stepped down. So by your own words, you dishonor our fallen comrades! I pay my respects every night Mia. I still wake up after dreaming of losing men and women under my command!" Verz's voice dropped lower and he pointed a gloved finger at Mia.
"Don't you tell me I dishonor them. What do you want me to do? Be cannon fodder? Let myself die so that I join the others in the Manda? I haven't given up on killing the Sith, but I refuse to be sent to die because it would be convenient, allowing whoever I may have pissed off to send me to my death. I would gladly die for my home, but they have forsaken me. So I look now to my ancestors to guide me."

"I left because I had too!" she yelled, slamming her drink on the bartop as she turned to face him. "Not because I wanted to. Not because I wanted to chase a path that isn't there. If I'd stayed all of you would have been dead!" she smacked his pointed finger aside.

"I want you to fight." she growled "If there was any man I would want at my side when the Empire fell it would be you Verz. Now is the time for them to fall." The bar had fallen silent now, every person was holding their breath waiting to see if this would break into a full fledged fight. Mia took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, trying to let go of some of her fury. "Dar'jetii gotal'ur ni dini'la1..." She didn't need to finish the sentence, she'd made an oath a long time ago to see the Empire on its knees for the pain they had caused her. She had always expected Verz to be at her side when she did.

1 Sith made me insane.

Davin Starrunner sat at the bar reading over the datapad his mentor had given him. She had gone off into space on her own for some mission or other, leaving him truly on his own for the first time. All he had was his training, his Beskar'gam, which he was wearing except ofr his helmet, and the YT-2000 ship Tracyn Verd, or Flame's Soldier in Galactic Basic. He was excited at getting out into space for the first time. He had just finished polishing off his ale when he heard two other Mando'ade's coming into the bar yelling at ech other. He saw the two in question were Mia Monroe and Verz Horak. He'd never met them personally, but he, like a lot of the younger Mando'ade knew them both by sight and reputation. As interesting as it was to see the two of them, he saw that now REALLY wasn't the time for introductions. Indeed, while they argued, Davin took his fresh mug of ale, datapad and his helmet and moved down a few places away from their combat zone. A strong Mando'ade never avoided a fight, but a wise one knew when to avoid a situation that was none of his business. Still kept a watch on both Mia and Verz in case a fight broke out. If it did, it would make for an interesting send off for his first real foray into space alone.

Arla watched Verz and Mia go to the bar, it dawned on her then. THAT was what Verz needed someone like Mia, strong independent very mandalorian it made Arla smile and she had no idea why. She looked up at Ordo.

"Do you think she will be able to convince Verz to stay, and OH Hi, I'm Arla" She smiled.

@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Arla Balor"]

"Ar'ika then. Well Ar'ika If there is one thing I know." Ordo started with his caff in hand and a glassy look in his eyes, "You can't tell a Mando'ade what to do but Verz won't leave Manda'yaim for long."
Ordo paused for a sip of his caff, the bitter black liquid swashed in his mouth and down his throat before he continued.
"This place, these people become a part of you, and when you see a part of yourself in danger you always move to protect it. Verz just needs time to reflect on that. If he goes I'll go and when he returns he'll find his place again." Ordo sat his big bulky frame on a wooden stool that creaked in protest slightly before giving way to acceptance. Ordo had left several times for one reason or another and he always came back. As long as a Vode lived he was bound to the Manda, and after he returned to it. Once The Manda chose you as a son or daughter there was nothing else.
Ordo looked back at Arla and smiled.
"Verz'll make a choice, one way or another and all his Vode can do is cover his six." Ordo looked back into his caff and took another sip.

"Ar'ika" It was her name, she nodded and listened.

Her green eyes watched him, it was one thing she did well she listened and watched. Whether it was beneficial to anyone except her she did not know. Yes she could see how this place could grow to be part of someone, of their sense of home. She could hear devotion in this man's voice.

"have you known him a long time?"

@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Arla Balor"]

"Long enough, but not as long as others." Ordo said as he reflected on his time on Manda'yaim. "After a short time you'll know what I mean if you don't already."

Ordo sipped more caff while 'Mama Mia' and Verz spoke their minds.

"When came back from my five year search in the unknown regions Verz was one of the first vode I met." Another sip went down and the cup emptied itself down Ordo's gullet. "When you fight beside someone you get to know them in a way that I can't explain. The Manda has a hand in it I'm sure."

@[member="Ordo"]

Long enough. Long memories sometimes that part was still hard she thought about what memories she had. She had the old woman in the market who hugged her once a week until, well until she died. She had the droid which taught her things, and now it seemed so far away. She had memories of growing up thinking herself worthless and only fit to do what she was told, no mind of her own. Arrbi had changed that though. She smiled, she wondered where he was, and what he would say to her now.

"I'm hoping the Manda has a hand in many things, for without it. It's all chance isn't it?" She had heard something in his voice when he spoke about fighting beside someone, and getting to know them. These were all things missing interaction with others. Yes she had interaction with Verz and Arrbi, but that was it with very few others. She had to change that she had to learn more, be more, she wanted. She looked up at Ordo, she wanted to know what it felt like to fight beside someone and know them in a way that can't be explained. She wanted a family that would claim her.

She tilted her head down for a moment, she had to get passed this sensation too. She stared hard at the floor thinking on what to do, how to change,..

@[member="Arla Balor"]

Ordo watched as the younger woman hung her head. She had alot on her mind and like most people who joined she had a past. Ordo didn't know her story but he'd seen the look on her face before. The set of her shoulders as she looked down, her words. He'd seen the like in the mirror more than once.

He raised a big hand and patted Arla's shoulder kindly before putting his hand on the bar.

"Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore." He said as the barman brought him some fresh caff. "If life was easy we'd be in trouble."

Ordo took another sip of caff and looked at his scarred face in the reflection of the glass.

"Your in the right place, Ner Vod. We're all vode here. The Manda saw to that."

Verz sighed heavily. "Do you not think I wamt to fight by your side again? We've been together since Mandalore first started reaching back into space. Since Taris. And we've been through hell together. I love you like a sister Mia, but I have to follow my own path. You know what that's like. Let's at least enjoy one last drink together, before I must leave."

Verz knew Mia would understand what he meant. They would always be friends, no matter the distance or circumstances. But fate had its own path for everyone. Verz reached over to put his hand on Mia's shoulder, then pulled her into a hug. Nothing special about it, just a hug like siblings give one another. Because maybe they weren't related by blood, but Verz and Mia were battle vode.

@[member="Mia Monroe"]

Davin kept an eye on the conversation between Verz and Mia while he read his datapad. It was an interesting exchange but he had to leave soon to make his way to his ship. The other Mando'ade were also watching the exchange but were also wisely staying out of it. Davin inwardly hoped that whatever was going on between those two worked out for the better.

Mia stiffened in his arms. She was not accustomed to being touched by anyone except Rel, so it was by natural reflex that her hand found her blaster grip. She didn't draw it, she remembered that Verz was not an enemy, that he did not mean her harm and that he was just trying to convey something he couldn't convey in words. She placed a hand on his chest and stepped firmly out of the hug. "I understand, but I'm still mad. And if you ever hug me again, I'm going to beat you so bad your ugly face will be pretty."

She noticed Arla and Ordo hanging back and shouted for them, beckoning them forward. "This man needs more than me to join him in a one last drink."

Davin continued to lsiten to the exchange and couldn't keep a snort of laughter from escaping when Mia told Verz that she would beat him until his ugly face was pretty again. When Mia called Arla and Ordo over for a final drink with Verz, Davin shook his head at Mia, "Pardon alor but if there is going to be a send off then it needs to be done right." Davin slammed his hand on the bar, "BARKEEP!!! A ROUND FOR ALL OF OUR VODE!!!" Once all the drinks were passed out to everyone in the room, Davin raised his mug, "ALIIT ORI'SHYA TAL'DIN!!!!!!" Davin then proceeded to drain his mug.

"ALIIT ORI'SHYA TAL'DIN!!!!!!" All of the Mando'ade roared in unison before they all drained their mugs. Davin finished draining his mug and slammed it down as did the other Mando'ade in the room. "Now that's a proper send off!!!" Davin gathered his buy'ce and datapad as got ready to leave for his ship.

Arla looked up at Ordo as he pat her shoulder. "I could use a little easy, even if its a day or two" She smiled, she knew there were better days ahead, she had only to work on it and keep moving forward. Her attachments to those people she encountered might become the hinderance, or she the burden on them.

"In the right place, yes you are probably right about that" For the places she had been they certainly were not right.

She looked towards the bar again. "You don't think she's going to convince him do you?"

@[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Arla Balor"]

"Verz has his mind made up I think." Ordo said seriously, "maybe we should just wait and see what happens."

Ordo heard Mia call them over and a second or three later another vode made Ordo crack up with his send off. He didn't look like he planned on staying to pay the tab though, which made Ordo laugh harder.

Ordo stepped up on the opposite side of Mia from Verz and leaned on the bar. His cheeks were still a bit red but it seemed time and the caf had lessened his drunkenness. Ordo put his hand on a mugs handle, looked down at @[member="Mia Monroe"] and quickly took a sip before she looked. Ordo thought he was being funny but he was also sure he was the only one he was amusing.

@[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Davin Starrunner"]

Arla nodded yes she had that same feeling he was ready for change for a while. "Ok, wait and see" yeah sometimes her patience meter was lacking. Then she heard them being called, getting up she wandered over with Ordo.

She took to the other side of Verz so that they would be across in a line, and she could see everyone's face. The drinks were set down and Arla took one, the mug was cold in her hand.

@[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Verz Horak"] @[member="Ordo"] @[member="Davin Starrunner"]

Verz laughed at Mia's comment. It was just like old times. So of course, he decided to get back at her. "Well, if I'm ugly Mia, you look like a shatual's backside!" Verz could hear laughter in the peanut gallery, composed mainly of half drunks and offworlders who didn't know who they were laughing at.

The barkeep filled a mug of nectre'gal, the famous Mandalorian ale. The thick, syrupy sweet drink sloshed a little as it was placed down. Verz picked up the mug of nectre'gal that haf been poured for him, and raised the mug in a toast. "Par Manda'yaim! Par ori'jatne vode!"*

*For/To great friends
@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Mia Monroe"] @[member="Arla Balor"] @[member="Davin Starrunner"]

As he gathered his gear, Davin heard Verz shout out a toast. Davin raised his mug and drained it in response. He then set the mug down and headed for the door and, ultimately, his ship. As he passed the bar, Davin tossed a credit chip at the bartender that had been keeping a keen eye on him. Davin knew that he wouldn't get away fro mteh bar without paying and besides, if word got back to his mentor that he had taken something without paying, she would give him a very painful reminder to maintain the high standards of a warrior. He nodded to Verz, Mia, Arla and Ordo as he made his way to the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom