Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Learning to Teach

Taiia-Test.png

Lesson 1

Taiia was still slightly surprised by the request, a young Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova had asked her to teach him Soresu. While true that it was her strongest form, she was also not a master so for her to teach felt a bit awkward but in truth, she was honored and even a little flattered that he had even asked. So she had agreed and invited Aurelion to the best place she could think of, the arena on Geonosis it was a place with an ancient past where echoes of the force resided and weighed heavily upon those who entered she trusted that it would not overwhelm him but also wondered if her own power in the force had grown considerably more since she last stood here. Perhaps she even was aware of things he could not sense, she truly did not know the answer to that question.​
As she looked to the young man the red-haired woman regarded him for a moment, emerald eyes truly studying him before handing him one of the training sabers she held in her hand and eventually took a step back. “Alright Aurelion, I agreed to teach but here are my rules. Training sabers only, it will not hurt too badly if you are hit but it will hurt, still better than an actual lightsaber. When I say defend, I will attack, when I say attack I will defend, and when I say stop, we both stop.” she gave a warm smile to him and held the other saber in her hand. “I will also only use a single blade, though my style is normally with two, I modified soresu a bit to work with that”
She folded her hands in front of her still holding her training saber in front of her “Tell me Aurelion, what do you know of Soresu, do you know its purpose?” it was a genuine question on her part in order to teach one first needed to gauge what the student knew and what would be lacking, only then can you tailor the lesson to the student, she would not assume a level of knowledge as she did not want to overwhelm or hurt him, especially her first student on her first lesson.​

OBJECTIVE - Learn!

Where: Geonosis
Why: Saber Stuffs
Wearing/Wielding: Fate & Robes & Training Saber
When: Day-Time
With: Taiia Locke Taiia Locke

Aurelion shuffled his feet amongst the rust-red sand of Geonosis as Taiia prepared things for their training session. From what he had seen of her on Tatooine Aurelion was very impressed and, wanting to do everything he could to avoid another situation like had happened there, he at least knew enough about Form III to know it was meant to keep the user alive. This was, truth be told, exactly what Aurelion was looking for. He had been, well, terrified of dying to that cultist and the others that followed.

As Taiia explained her rules for training they seemed simple enough and Aurelion gave a nod, taking the training saber with more than a little trepidation. Taking a moment to test the weight and feel of it, his eye focusing down the blade before glancing at Taiia as she asked him what he knew of Soresu which was, admittedly, not much. He bit his lip and squirmed softly, before wiggling his ears as he chirped his answer "W-Well..... umm...... I know it's known as the 'Resilience Form' or the 'Way of the Mynock'. It's known for it's stalwart defense and is useful against Forms V and VI because of this, while it struggles against the erratic assault of Form VII and the precision of Form II."

He answered academically. He had, at least, studied the various forms and the principles behind them. While he was certain some of the Forms would feel more natural to him, he also wanted to take the strengths and weaknesses of each one into account when adapting them into what he, supposed, would be his fighting style. "Ummm as for how to use it or the motions involved with it...." he trailed off, blushing deeply as his eye lowered to the sand, and sheepishly kicked at the sand as he murmured. "... I-I don't really know anything Miss Taiia."

Taiia-Test.png

Lesson 1

Taiia would study Aurelion, not with a harsh gaze but rather one of study as if weighing him and trying to see what he was made of. The shyness was obvious, perhaps a bit of fear too both were natural for one who had not grown up being trained in the force. Her determination was to help him along and hopefully teach the young man how to stand on his own. At his explanation of Soresu, it was as much as she had anticipated he had the understanding of Soresu but not the application.

"Alright Aurelian, first no need for formality I am not your Master you may simply call me Taiia. Second I am confident that you know the theory of soresu. However, I would like to see you put to practice the theory ok? So I will defend in soresu so watch me closely. You will attack, as hard and as fast as you are able to do not hold back." at these words she stepped back a few steps into the proper stance, her form was perhaps nearly perfect, though even she had room to improve, and she raised her training saber up and prepared to defend even the simple act of raising the saber seemed more refined and elegant.

"Now remember, attack like you mean it, do not hold back. Remember that the strength of soresu is that it is fluid, and adapts easily. So watch me close as you attack." she gave a nod to him giving permission for him to begin without further words

OBJECTIVE - Attacc!

Why: Soresu Training!
Wearing/Wielding: Fate & Robes
When: Mid-Day

Aurelion nodded sheepishly as Taiia reprimanded him for addressing her so formally, a dusky blush coloring his porcelain cheeks, and he straightened his posture. Taking the training saber in both hands Aurelion gave a hesitant nod as Taiia instructed him to attack her as hard as he could, not because Aurelion thought he could hurt her, but because he simply had never done so before. Aurelion took a simple double-handed stance, and approached Taiia once she repeated her instructions to test her Soresu defense.

Aurelion paused for a moment, his singular eye drifting up and down Taiia's form, before deciding on something. Aurelion would step forward again, bending his elbows slightly, and lunged forward in the same moment he tilted his blade down. Attempting a half-stab, half-slice towards Taiia's chest. Though he was no master swordsman, even he knew this singular motion wouldn't do much but elicit a response from Taiia, and Aurelion also knew that Soresu's biggest strength was making the opponent tire far before the user did. Thus, Aurelion kept his motions as tight and exertion-free as he could, the first attack hardly ending before he began his second.

He was a bit slow in his transition from one attack to them next, and used the moment of twisting his wrist and pivoting his hips to whirl the blade of his training saber around, crouched, and would swipe at Taiia's legs. Though even this was not what Aurelion put actual effort into, rather, suspecting Taiia to block this blow as well, he used his crouched stance to propel himself into a dedicated stab at her left shoulder. Hoping that by making her drop her blade he had diverted her training saber enough to score a hit.

Taiia-Test.png

Lesson 1

The stance that she showed was in a word textbook her body was perfectly positioned, her hands where they should be her back straight and her lightsaber just high enough to intercept his angle of attack he was a good deal shorter so her saber was a bit lower than normal but that would not deter her defense in the slightest. She did register the slight hesitance of the young man, it was understandable as he had dealt with a traumatic incident not long ago now he was learning to defend himself properly.​
She watched his pensive movements with great care as he stepped forward once or twice before he found the strength to lunge at her in an upward slashing motion, she moved back a half step and effortlessly guided the training saber into his from the right not stop his saber but to turn it, using his own momentum against him she would simply aim to turn him to one side and knock him off balance. Regardless she would simply keep the momentum of her own maneuver and return to a ready stance out of the spin.​
"A solid first strike Aurelion, basic but direct and powerful. Try again" it was not an insult it was praise before anything else the young man needed confidence and to be fearless when engaging somebody with more training than himself, the galaxy was not forgiving most times a Jedi would not be meeting one of equal skill.​

OBJECTIVE - Train

Why: To Train Soresu
Wearing/Wielding: Fate & Robes
When: Day-Time

As Aurelion made his strike and Taiia reacted in kind Aurelion made certain to watch her motions just as much as he paid attention to how he may improve his own. He took note of how Taiia guided and directed his blade, conserving energy in an economic and fluid motion, and Aurelion stepped back as Taiia complimented him on his strike. He blinked, and blushed softly, as he had never really considered himself to be 'strong' and the blow hadn't really meant to be hard. Just a distraction. He shook his head briefly before once again readying his training saber and studying her stance, this time he would be trying something different.

As Aurelion stepped in this time he would bring his training saber down toward Taiia's left shoulder in a diagonal slash, preparing himself mentally for her parry, and focusing on the blade-work she chose to demonstrate. He was intent on learning everything he could even if it meant he was disarmed, parried, knocked down over and over, he wanted to learn everything she could teach him. After all, who wouldn't want to learn as much as they could about the form meant to keep them alive?

Taiia-Test.png

Lesson 1

She gave a small smile when he blushed and stepped back, clearly, he had an issue with compliments or compliments from a woman in particular, but either way, both of those can be resisted with proper training. She watched closely as he moved back into his ready stance and she gave a short nod signaling that she was ready for him to attack again, she watched his every movement as he shifted to one side, showing where the attack was coming from and then she moved.​
As the training came down to strike at her shoulder, she moved not to the right but to the left however as she did so she raised her blade above her head then turned it off before inverting the hilt in her hand and reigniting in, in real battle a very risky maneuver which is why a Jedi would not teach it. As the training blade snapped back to life the blade made itself a shield against Aurellions pushing the impact toward him and again seeking to push him off balance.​
In a real battle, the risk would be even greater because of the proximity of the blade to her own arm at the moment but with a training saber it was only mildly warm and slightly discomforting but all this to prove a point to the young man, you must be prepared to counter anything.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom