Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Languid Elagabalus of the Tombs [Evelynn]

He rose from his throne, titanic frame casting a dark shadow as the light pouring in from the window behind him was eclipsed. Each step was like a thunderclap, taken with great care and precision as the Dark Lord descended the short flight of steps separating himself from his daughter.

His boots came into view of her downcast gaze, immaculately polished to a mirror shine.

"You are a failure, Evelynn."

A dark force compelled Evelynn to cast her gaze skyward, right into the piercing eyes of her father. "You are a failure because you have allowed the unworthy to manipulate you into doing their bidding. You are weak-willed and vacillating, much like your mother's family." Always it came back to her mother and her family, always the source of her father's disappointment and scrutiny. Evelynn was a mutt, inheriting the lesser genetics of the Dorns along with the superior genes of the Zambranos.

"Ever since you have left this place, I have been aware of everything you have ever done. Everything that has ever happened to you. You have debased yourself countless times, an utter slave to your desires, unrepentant in your reckless abandon."

Vibrant green mist swirled in and around the Emperor's now outstretched palm, coalescing into a black dagger about the length and width of Evelynn's forearm.

"So now I give you the choice," He let the dagger fall from his grasp, the tip imbedding itself in the steel floor at their feet. "Fully submit to me and allow me to repair your shattered mind, knowing that you will forever live as a servant of my Empire and as a member of my family. Or take up this blade and end your own pitiful existence."

[member="Evelynn"]

Fear.

Excitement.

Each heavy footfall caused the girl to flinch as the ominous drum of her father's steps drowned out the frantic beating of her own heart. He approached, and as her eyes met with those thunderous boots she could only imagine what fate could befall her. Even now there was anticipation in her heart, a sick longing for hurt.

She found herself helpless to resist as her head and neck were forced upwards to look at him, eyes unable to look anywhere else but into his own and his frame so enormous that there could only be discomfort.

He knew.

He knew of her failures before her untimely demise and he knew of her failures in rebirth. All of it. Every word, every action, every drop of blood. Evelynn's face twisted with the shame and the disgust of it all and her wicked need drained in the face of her humiliation. Did she wish to be ruled by such rampant madness? No. All she seemed to truly long for was to be free of it but it was a futility.

For she was weak-willed.

A slave to her desires.

A failure.

The girl flinched as the dagger pierced the ground before her, as a choice was now presented. Both filled with varying degrees of total omen as finally her frightened stare was once more able to move of its own free will.

Freeing the black blade from the ground, the clone stared at the obsidian edge before looking up once more to the Emperor, to her Father. There was a moment, an expression that crested upon her sharp features that revealed an urge to try and kill him. The careful consideration was blatant, but then evaporated just as swiftly as it came. A tragic chuckle spilling forth from her lips as if to say: Could you imagine that, Father?

Emerald gaze returned to the blade held in her hands once more, her left thumb running down its wicked blade, drawing blood all the while her expression remained contemplative before turning sombre.

“I will never be free.”

Her fate was in servitude, and it had been long before this day. It had been an age since true freedom belonged to Evelynn, owned by her Father, by Nemene, by her affliction and even by death but never her. In another universe, a smarter girl stayed upon Dantooine and lived the rest of her life out in blissful obscurity, never amounting to much but at the very least as a free woman.

Would never be her. Could never be her.

“I know what awaits me,” the girl whispered, now staring at her bloodied thumb, feeling that all-familiar stirring in the depths of her mind at the very sight of the crimson, “and I cannot go back.”

No fate could be worse than The Nothing.

“Very well.”

The floor took her as she bowed down before The Emperor with the dagger held out before him laying across her upturned palms, her prostrate form almost sacrificial in its submissive nature.

I submit to you, Father,” came the sombre voice as head and neck once more craned with difficulty to look upwards at his grim visage, “my mind, my body and my soul are yours entirely, from now until the end of everything.”

Evelynn's gaze became unfocused, looking straight through him as the hollows of her cheeks darkened under a clenched jaw. Her choice had been made. Eyes beginning to well with tears as she faced the prospect of the terrifying unknown in his hands, fear and sorrow tainting the girl's lost stare.

“I am sorry I could not be more.”

An apology not just meant for him alone.

-

[member="Darth Carnifex"]

The Emperor reached down to pluck the dagger from his daughter's outstretched hands, the weapon dematerializing as the power that gave it form was drained away back into its source. Carnifex was pleased, his daughter had taken her first true step into returning to the fold. Sending her out into the Empire had only served to exacerbate her defects, as the Emperor had intended, so that when she was at last brought back to him, he could coerce her into giving up her very being to him. Now he had her, she was right there in total abject submission.

The Lord of Dominance reigned supreme.

He reached down again, seizing Evelynn's body with the Force and causing her to levitate up towards him. Her arms and legs were bound by his titanic energy, every molecule seized and held still as she neared him. "You may yet be more, my daughter. You may yet be forged into something... useful." He tapped her on the forehead and immediately sent her into a deep sleep from which she could not be roused except by his own power.

A pair of guards approached, their crimson armor shining brilliantly. "Take Evelynn to the sanctuary, and send a message to my apprentice Darth Morrow. Inform her that the time has come, and I request her presence on Dromund Kaas."

[member="Evelynn"] | [member="Darth Morrow"]

Darth Morrow was told to await her masters summons days prior to this engagement with his daughter. It had been something dreaded on the woman's mind after her own unlucky encounter with Carnifex on Iridonia. An unwelcome visit turned sour leaving her utterly broken in pride and form.

Though given time to rest her powers still hadn't managed to crawl back into full strength, and once again Morrow was trudging toward a meeting with the Lord of Dominance, her own title withering in his presence.

Shortly after receiving word of his call a shuttle departed from the Apotheosis, making way to the Imperial palace on Dromund Kaas. Though pitiful in her current state, her signature in the force cut through most of those around her, a withering flower, though still more lively than the field surrounding; and it could be felt the moment her not so modest shuttle hit the ground.

Leaving guard and apprentice behind the woman made way to the palace alone, bypassing the guard and servants without any difficulty as she had been in the place before, though for less intimidating reasons. Entering the throne room she felt dwarfed once more by the gargantuan man impatiently waiting, his stare burning into her like molten daggers from the fires of hell itself. Taking a shallow breath, her eyes avoiding making contact with his own, the woman approached the throne, getting on her knees before him and bowing her head low.

"Your summons honors me, my Lord."

Dark nails clenched onto the fabric of the clean black robe bunched at her thighs, one nail snapped midway, not yet repaired from her beating in her own palace not so many days ago. The pain of her upper back ached from where his cane had pressed into her spine to hold her to the ground; the thoughts circling the back of her mind idly as she waited to see what would happen next.

[member="Darth Carnifex"] | [member="Evelynn"]

1xBhtKg.png
By the time Morrow had arrived on Dromund Kaas, the Sith Emperor had resumed his position upon his throne. It was there that Morrow found him as she entered, his magnificence flanked by a quartet of scarlet-armored Crownguard. Besides them, the entire chamber was bereft of witnesses; they were effectively all alone. Though he did not rise, the Emperor's presence was just as oppressive as if he were looming over Morrow, much like he had when he came to her on Iridonia.

"Apprentice, you've arrived at last."

The Emperor's dark voice cut through the burgeoning silence, amplified by the acoustics in the chamber. His body was swaddled in similar regal cloth as she had last seen him, with several minute differences. He had been imposing then, he was absolutely terrifying now in his own lair; the dragon in its cave, the spider in its web, and Morrow was the prey caught flat-footed by the predator.

"Your expediency is noteworthy, Morrow. Evelynn has made a decision. She has chosen to submit herself to me, utterly. It pleases me to see that she has not abandoned all reason just yet." A cruel smile blossomed across his face, feral and voracious. "She resides in the chamber beneath, rendered catatonic until the time you arrived. She should be waking up now..."

Beneath the throne room was an equally dark room, and at its center was Evelynn. She still retained the clothes she had worn when she met with the Emperor, her surroundings shrouded in darkness with a single glow-lamp to illuminate her immediate environment. She sat on a small unadorned bed, little more than a slab of metal extending from the floor. Magnetic cuffs had been secured around his wrists and ankles, though they were inactive at the moment. Through grated vents in the ceiling she could hear snippets of the Emperor's conversation with Morrow, though she was forced to strain her hearing if she wanted to hear their conversation in its entirety.

"Shall we go to meet her, apprentice?"

[member="Darth Morrow"] | [member="Evelynn"]

(x)

The pressure in the room was palpable, the feeling of being overshadow loomed over her soul as she realized at any moment the man could pounce, much like a hunter finishing off its prey; wounded from its last chase. The room itself would be enough to scare away any sensible individual, though Morrow lost that common sense long ago. Instead it was not the room that put her at unease anymore, but the man occupying it. In comparison to his true form, the chamber was large, though his signature permeated the space as it a balloon ready to explode; no longer able to hold the pressure.

His words caused her to tense before she registered they were no longer of hate, the power of his judgement not steeped in every consonant and vowel.

The sound of her title returning to his lips gave her mind a silent moment of ease, though likely that wouldn't last forever. With the fear of being murdered slightly draining from her, another problem was still torturing her in a silence likely no other around felt. Perhaps the man before her would have known, though she knew he could no longer peer into the minds of his subjects.

The pounding of her head still riddled with the screams and orders of the Sith Lady once bound and controlled haunted her waking mind as she waited for his continued speech, the other presence faintly felt in the room as Morrow slowly began losing control of the foreign spirit over the last few days.

"If that is what you wish my Master." Waiting for him to stand, Morrow awaited her own order to rise before him, not daring to even flinch until given the permission to do so.

"It is what I wish. Rise and follow me."

The Emperor had risen by then, descending the steps and passing by Morrow with thunderous footsteps. His cloak billowed out like a deathly shroud behind him as he walked, the cane he had wielded during his prior meeting with Morrow nowhere to be seen. The regenerative properties of the Emperor's body had worked quickly, mending a great deal of the wounds suffered on Mandalore while Bacta and Kolto had filled in the gaps and expedited the rejuvenation.

Now he stood stronger than he had then, his power and authority unmatched anywhere in the Empire.

The Lord of all he surveyed.

They descended a set of stairs built into an ancillary chamber to the throne room, a locked door greeting them as they turned away from the stairs. It could only be opened by the power of the Force, but the intricate locks and gears inside were known only by the Sith Emperor. With a wave of his hand the door unlocked and opened, granting both of them entry into the Sanctum. Inside was Evelynn, no doubt recovering from the artificial blackout inflicted upon her by her father.

"Evelynn, the time has come for you to take your first steps towards your destiny."

There was no telling what would come next as she was plucked from the ground and lifted into the air by her Father. Complete helplessness as her entire form seemed to be held in an invisible vice grip. His words while promising her function spoke of the unknown, her entire fate in his hands, and that thought bred terror within her.

There would be no other considerations of fate as everything turned to darkness in an instant.

Still no dreams.

The Nothing always lurking, waiting for her to come home once more into the void. No light, no sound, no touch. A total absence of existence. One day, Evelynn would return, but thankfully it was not on this day.

-

When she came to it felt as though she had been asleep for another two decades, a dense fog having descended upon her thoughts as the girl stirred. Her surroundings were ill-lit and seemingly sparse although it was hard to tell with just a single lamp to light the way. Discomfort was then apparent, given the poor-excuse for a bed that she had been granted. Then voices from above, giving cause for confusion before Evelynn's brain finally caught up with her mind.

Her fate.

The cuffs around her wrists and ankles asked questions that the girl did not wish to answer. She had already submitted, she given all that she was to the Emperor but still these means were required? Was this to be unpleasant? Had she sold herself for too great a cost? What was going to happen to her?

All these unanswered questions stirred up a great fear within her as she sat up upon the unfeeling surface, her hands grasping at the inactive restraints around her wrists. No notion of pleasure was in attendance as this terrible uncertainty frightened all of her being and not just the part that saw sense.

There was no escape from this.

Meagre chest rose and fell in quick succession as anxiety-laden breathing upped in tempo. What was he going to do to her, to her mind? Jaw was clenched shut, the sole source of light casting a dramatic shadow across her severe features, painting her in further horror.

The door opened and she was finally greeted by not just her father, but another and one that was not expected. A grim curiosity crossed the girl's face as she looked to Morrow, the Sith Lady who had both broken and bonded with her in very recent times. Why was she here? A player in the events leading up to this? After all, she had been summoned by his guards after...

Hurt flashed upon Evelynn's face, easily missed if one blinked at the wrong time before her attentions were turned to The Emperor, features returning once more to a realm of complete trepidation.

“Yes, Father. I am...” words faltered for a moment, dropping out of her mouth and freezing in mid-air, “I am ready.”

A lie.

She would never be ready.

-

[member="Darth Carnifex"] [member="Darth Morrow"]

Morrow stayed partially shadowed behind the emperor, the proud woman Evelynn saw days before now bent slightly. Broken in the faintest of ways. But glancing to eyes it could be seen the odd shift in tone from a once volcanic orange to a now paler red, almost pastel in tone.

Keeping her hands behind her own towering form Morrow glanced over Evelynn's current predicament, feeling a bit of pity as she had been at the same mans will not even days before. Utterly broken and at his disposal for whatever he pleased. Her eyes shifted to the wall for a moment before glancing back at the girl chained. Her pale features were illuminated ever so slightly by the lantern providing nothing but an outline of the objects in the room.

Eyes locked on Evelynn's for not but a moment before she felt that same bit of calm overtake her before fading in the monstrous woman's own weakness. The power she had left was reserved to keep the true monster in her mind at bay, though given no reprieve from either the spirit of Carnifex, the power was threatening to break. Should that happen well, Morrow would be in a worse situation than Evelynn's indeed; enslaved and forced to feed another through her own energy. There was the hope it didn't come to that.

The very idea of trying to end them both swelled within her mind. The idea of all of that POWER for herself, though, it wasn't for her. Shaking her head ever so slightly she closed her eyes for what seemed like forever before opening them once more, her eyes a bit darker through red instead of sulfuric orange.

Everyone in the room would feel another presence for a brief moment before it faded away again, a deep breathe being taken behind the behemoth of a man.

KILL THEM BOTH.

Behind Carnifex Morrow remained silent, knowing best when to follow her Master loyally.

[member="Evelynn"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"]

"Very well."

At some unbidden command, the door behind the Emperor and his apprentice closed. All three were then shrouded in darkness, only broken as the center of the chamber illuminated from underneath the slab where Evelynn had once lain. Mechanisms beneath the floor began to whirl and churn loudly, a hitherto unforeseen partition running the entire width of the chamber opening to reveal a pit of magmatic light and heat. Evelynn was drawn closer to the Emperor as the partition widened, so as to not plummet to an untimely demise. The Emperor placed one hand over her shoulder, engulfing it entirely in black leather over strong calloused fingers.

Minutes passed before a lift, powered by repulsors, bumbled up into the view. The Emperor approached the lift and was the first to step foot upon it, followed by Morrow and Evelynn in whichever order came first. Then they descended through the bowels of the Emperor's Sanctuary, passing by ancient rock formations, rivers of molten magma, and the ruins of a city despoiled by terrible war. It wouldn't be until they reached a structure constructed entirely out of basalt and obsidian that the lift slowed to a stop, and the Emperor walked off and onto a shelf of volcanic stone.

Even down here were two of the Emperor's Crownguard, their scarlet armor stained by soot and ash. They stood aside as the Emperor neared, bade to kneel at his command while Evelynn and Morrow were given passage into the Sanctum Beneath The World. It was here that the Emperor had once imprisoned Darth Voracitos in his own corruption, now hollowed out and made to serve the power of the Emperor. Machinery and vats of glowing green liquid crowded the walls of the circular chamber, a table laden with restraints at its center.

The Emperor pointed a single finger at the table, "Place yourself upon the altar, my daughter, and I will grant you a gift."

Beneath his gloved hand she trembled, her frame dwarfed by his immense form, her presence a mere speck next to the Emperor and his Apprentice.

The fear of the unknown could only flourish as the three of them descended into the bones of Dromund Kaas. So apt that they only went further and further down, as if such grim deeds could only take place in the very pits of hell. What manner of person would ascend at the end of such ritual? Would it be her, simply cured of her madness and free to exist with purpose being desire?

A lump in her throat formed that could not be swallowed away.

It did not matter what Evelynn wanted to be, for her choice was forfeit. It was her Father's will entirely, and what Carnifex deemed as useful was a far cry from her own vision. Would she be monstrous? Entirely fit for his Empire's purpose and nothing more? A cruel mockery of a person to inspire demented pride in the Master of Cruelty?

She feared for her mind, for no matter how fractured there was still an essence of her, the smallest sliver of that ordinary girl that hailed from the peaceful plains of Dantooine. Would that be torn from her? Would she remember? Would she mourn it?

I want to go home.

Her alter lay before her, cast in the omen that dominated all of her thoughts, only making all of her questions and fears burn ever harder in her mind.

“Y-yes, Father,” came the barest whisper of dread, practically an exhale of words that like ashes disintegrated after they left her mouth.

Approach was slow towards the table, dread-filled footstep akin to the walk of the execution as all the uncertainties continued to flood her mind, the torrent of distress so strong that the girl briefly forgot that she was mad, the power of fear overwhelming all other notions. Finally the girl clambered onto the hard surface, laying upon her back and staring up into the roof of the sanctum.

Chest heaving. Eyes watering. Terrified.

-

Morrow’s eyes remained unfocused during most of their descent, the noise in her head drowning out most of what was around them. If she had been present, the scenery would have filled her with a sense of power, the quiet drum of energy fueling the strength of her will. The guards passed her by unnoticed, as if she was carried forward while not quiet knowing she was moving at all, her dimly lit eyes swirled with an energy, though not hers; it was not her gaining anything from traveling down into the bowels of hell itself, under the laid of a dragon in all its strength and glory.

The molten magma would remind her of home, times on Iridonia that recently were brought to the surface of her mind. The pools of acid overtaking all but the little lands the tribe had to walk, and the grounds of her palace. A palace destroyed in her own mind. A place she hadn't wished to return to for a long while.

Haunting memories
. Memories locked away for decades by the ghostly white woman standing behind the others in silence; memories new, unbidden to her mind as well; hand clenched to the cloth of her rope so tightly her fingers ripped through at the thigh.

Your strength is weaning girl, you know you cannot keep this up forever. Why don’t you give in like the obedient girl you are. You have brought me this far; why struggle any longer.

The faded red eyes of Morrow watched as Evelynn laid herself upon the altar, seeing Carnifex waiting in anticipation for all that was next. Except, he likely wasn’t ready for Morrow to crack. An idle hand found a way around the sword across her back, in all silence it was brought to the front in both hands, her eyes slowly growing in color from a bright coral to a molten magma laden red.

Nothing is even your choice anymore. It's mine. Inside her own mind the woman was screaming at the top of her lungs, though no sound escaped her lips, instead the sword lifted back, and swung for the Goliath mans torso in front of her. One of the other signatures in the room dwarfed, and another spiked to seething strength.

[member="Evelynn"] | [member="Darth Carnifex"]

Though his eyes remained fixed upon his daughter, his senses were ever extended beyond his physical self and into the environment. Ever since he had chastised Morrow on Iridonia, he had been cautious about her allegiance to him. He had sensed something that day, a darker power lurking beyond the periphery of the surface. Though he couldn't yet understand what exactly it was, he remained ever skeptical about his apprentice's desire to remain under his thumb.

So it came to no surprise that his perception was quick to recognize the threat now manifesting behind him.

He didn't move, there wasn't any need.

All he needed to do was think. A single thought.

Crackling red energy rushed to meet the oncoming blade, stopping it dead in its tracks mere centimeters from the Emperor's body. It held the weapon there for less than a second before a gale of energy repulsed it, and the woman wielding it, back away into the far wall with enough power to bend the metal she struck. It was then that the Emperor turned to look at her, his brow knit as a frown tugged at the corners of his lips. He reached for no weapon, his left arm rising as his fingers clenched into a fist while the metal fused with his skin pulsated with dark ethereal light.

"I did not believe you had the gall, apprentice. But it appears as though I was wrong."

The force launched the woman back, and as she made contact with the wall not a grimace was even seen. The eyes glowing darker with rage as the blade was left abandon where it felt. Instead before falling quickly the metal of the wall was dragged with her, melding to arms in the shape of large spikes so her fists were no longer visible.

While it wasn't her that felt the pain, a scream rung out in her mind, the screams of the damned; that of Morrow. Eyes locked on Carnifex for a moment before the shifting form of Darth Sorima launched off of the wall towards him at an angle, spikes at the ready to impale him with a speed near unseen.

As the form drew closer, the floor beneath them would shift, the obsidian ripping open as the stone of its basin cracked and split trying to catch the footing of the man off guard.

The excitement welled within Sorima, a feeling not felt in centuries now brought to light as the POWER in her hands could crush this man if she broke past his defenses. All of that hidden KNOWLEDGE and a throne that could be her's if held through fear and strength. A wicked grin tore across the woman's face, something not ever seen from Darth Morrow herself, a feeling odd to form as it had been to its once controller.

This assault came from a deep welled hunger, greed and desire. And even though Morrow might never have seen eye to eye with her master, she never sought his blood before.

She came at him again.

It came at him again, the Emperor self-corrected. Whatever had compelled his apprentice to turn her blade upon him was not of her own design, he could sense that now. He could also sense an arrogance beyond whatever prideful fancies Morrow had ever entertained, old and decrepit.

How long had his apprentice been harboring such a specter? He couldn't know for certain, not until he broke its hold over his apprentice.

The creature molded the metal of the chamber around her arms, resembling the claws of an Acklay ending in wicked sharp points. But even with the attempted diversion near his feet, the Gauntlet's power was perpetual once it had been set into motion. Crackling energy again rose up to meet her, matching the speed of thought, and slammed into her again to send the creature careening into the wall. By now the Emperor was in motion, wrenching himself free of the split under his feet and striding towards Morrow. As he did, tendrils of glittering energy sprung from the darkness of the room at his bidding, winding like vipers to try and ensnare the creature around the limbs and neck.

"You're trespassing in my property, specter. My apprentice is not yours to control."

Launched once more the pain ripped through Morrow like tissue paper. Her resistances to pain were no more as she was chained down in mind and body, forced to watch this pitiful display and take on all of its torturous rebuke. It was all she could do to hold the spirit for but a moment so her form could be grabbed by the man like a doll on strings before her own strength withered and she held onto the form as a person holding to a cliff edge by a finger.

Her consciousness was withering, she was being beaten back and used to absorb pain, being drained from like a living battery to fuel the specters desire. For so long she had been the one doing so to Sorima, and now it was her turn for revenge.

Though the form was grabbed the confidence never faded, the desire still hung to the seething energy in the force as nothing was ever wanted more than to rule. Held aloft by his power, the specter looked down upon him and laughed with a hauntingly deep growl.

"Uh- uh- uh. One wrong move and I'll shove your dearest apprentice into the nether. I know how fond of her you are." The voice deep, ancient and cruel spoke out in an echo across the room. A wicked grin ripped across the forms face, horn like protrusions flickering as the true form of the specter peaked through.

"Beat me more and it's all she'll feel, she can only stand so much more after how much you two weakened her and helped me take over." The woman glanced to Evelynn too, seeing her slightly terrified and unsure of what was occurring.

"Release me and let me leave unharmed, else I will take both of them with me. Apprentice and your dearest daughter." Eyes grew darker red as they glanced to Evelynn, the grip of insanity beginning to take hold as her hungry thoughts amplified. Though they were cut off quickly as the sapping of her own energies began, the web weaved around her beginning to eat at her connection and sever her connection. Shifting would be attempted though the bonds held true, eyes slowly dulled in color and the woman only stared with little hared as she feet her strength start to fade.

"She- will die, if you don't release me..." The smile still tugged on the blacked lips though weaker by the moment.

She had not asked for a distraction from the notion of her fate, but it was still presented as the Sith Lady took her chance to strike.

But it was not Morrow, was it?

Even through her own atrophy it was difficult not to sense the change in presence, it was an explosion. Were the scenario not so dire Evelynn might have laughed, they were here to fix her fractured mind and yet there was another alongside them that needed it more than she ever did. One couldn't deny that the Force had a sense of humour.

The clone sat up, still upon the alter as she observed the proceeding skirmish, knowing full well that any input on her behalf would have been worthless. Small, fragile and unarmed compared to them both she was but a gnat, and any attempt to aid her father would have been fruitless.

She watched, perplexed as grandiose displays of power was unleashed by both parties, only wondering what possible conclusion would come from this.

But then attentions were turned to her, like a spectator being dragged into the rancor pit. Again she might have laughed at the concept of her father's fondness, but instead immediate concern was at the forefront of her mind.

“...b-but...I...”

She hadn't submitted to her Father just to die here.

Jaw stiffened as her need was suddenly summoned, coaxed out of its corner of terror and ever-surging to the forefront of Evelynn's mind. The cacophony of emotion swirling and screeching. The notion of the fight. Of blood shed. Hurt. Oh yes! Pain in abundance! This was the font of life itself! P L E A S U R E I N P A I N.

“Oh no.”

Sarcasm dripped. A grin, lower jaw protruding unnaturally, leading to what could only be described as a primal stare. She pulled up her legs, crossing them as she continued to sit upon the table. Hands wringing feverishly before her right hand wrapped around her own left index finger.

“Are you going to H U R T me now, Mistress?”

In a savage moment Evelynn wrenched her own finger, causing break with such a satisfying small snap. Her expression came to life, full to the brim with a playful malice as she continued to simper in demented delirium.

“Whatever shall I do...”

-

The Emperor stood beneath the suspended Morrow, his hands placed on either side of his hips as he looked up at his possessed apprentice. Even now, when at the mercy of his power, the spirit still had the arrogance to make demands of him. Not only that, but she thought that she could strong-arm into letting her go by threatening him with his apprentice and daughter, both of whom he could destroy if he was so inclined. It truly wasn't the best position to bargain from, as the spirit had absolutely nothing to leverage against him.

"You truly don't know anything about me if you think such bargaining is effective against me." The voice in which the Emperor replied wasn't his typical bombastic baritone roar, the kind that reverberates in your very soul, but rather a uncharacteristically soft and venomous whisper that lended far more credence to the power that yearned to rip the soft fleshy shell that the spirit was cowering behind to bloody tatters. "Pitiful little scrap of consciousness," whispered the Emperor, his eyes dazzling with fire and shadow, "Let me show you what real power is."

The shadows behind the Emperor's physical form seemed to lengthen and grow, the other shadows in the room being drawn towards an animus of dark energy that seethed with malice and hatred. It grew and grew, taking on mass and shape until it finally detached itself from the Emperor and floated through the air as a new separate entity. Without a sound, it flowed into Morrow's body by osmosis with her skin, permeating every cell and every atom. Normally, this would be used to tear apart the bonds that held together the body, reducing it to smoke and dust, but the Emperor willed his smoke demon to instead target the lingering consciousness that had anchored itself to Morrow's.

To devour and consume the ersatz Sith Spirit.

The entity entered the form with little issue as screams began to fill the chamber, that of both Sorima and Morrow, shadows flicked off of the form as the spirit attempted to hide what little of itself could remain in her form while Morrow retched in pain. After a brief few moments the screaming of pain ceased and what had been present of Sorima was now gone, or at least from detection.

With the demon removing itself and the possession of the woman ending Morrows form went still, head hanging and arms all the same still held aloft by the web cutting her connection to the force.

White wavy hair curled down her head as the woman tried to find the strength to move though it was impossible, the web sapping away at what little power she did have before. Lady of Pride now reduced to an animal held in a cage before her master. Though she couldn't move, the silence in her mind was welcomed with open arms. The freedom she sought for the last few weeks given to her in a twisted turn of fate. It had been so long before the woman found the peace of her own thoughts, one that now were begging for forgiveness without a sound escaping her lips.

Through the tangled mess of hair one eye stared down at Carnifex barely open, looking lulled by weakness in the moment, looking away she glanced to Eveylnn with her head still hung low, the insanity creeping over the woman like a plague. All the work she had done in the last week undone in one unstable moment. Afterwards, she merely looked to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom