Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Land of Hope and Glory | First Order

Renata Westaway

R
"I know I shouldn't take pleasure in the deaths of other sentients," Renata said confidentially to Captain Aetos as they walked along the street, being assailed by the riotous sights and smells of Avalonia on parade. "But for the scales, I'll make an exception. Happily." The different cultures were on display there, evidenced by the clashing scents of foods dressed in spices from across not just Dosuun but local space. It wasn't like the old days. It seemed quieter. Smaller.

Sadder.

Renata understood the sensation. The guilt about feeling pleasure when standing on the literal and figurative bones of her countrymen and the once-great empire that had been headquartered here. "Quite the repertoire," Renata said with a smirk around her dangling cigarette. "You're a real-life action hero, Captain. Thank you," she added in response to his offer to light her cigarette. She leaned closer and cupped her hands around the lighter to shelter the flame, then inhaled deeply when the cigarette was lit. She made a noise of appreciation and plucked her cigarette from her lips to exhale, watching the silver tendrils of smoke to curl up into the atmosphere, then allowed her gaze to follow his to the arch in the middle distance.

"It's... it's something," Renata agreed. "Sometimes it feels a little premature, but..." She paused, rolling her neck as she searched for the right word before finally settling on: "Aspirational."

Resurgent Narrative

R
A quiet smile tugged at the corner of Aetos' lips. Moff Westaway would find that many if not all tonight would happily make the exception for the scales. He nearly blushed, 'action-hero,' he observed her a moment as she cupped her hands around the lighter. He tucked his lighter away once her cigarette had been lit. "Not sure about an action hero, just doing what I was trained to do. No more, no less," Aetos was aware that it was a modest and humble response.
Aetos thought on Westaway's choice of words and agreed, "strange, the Galaxy has moved on but time almost feels frozen here." He gazed at his surroundings, the way the architecture spoke of the city's history. "And even more so in places like Suthrig and Laurentia." Aetos wasn't entirely sure that those cities could, but he knew that they would recover from the devastation. "What about you?" The Thyrsian by way of Eriadu inquired, "you've certainly had the rise, from Director to Moff."
"How are you holding up?"

Renata Westaway

R
"I think it's a function of my being able to file paperwork alphabetically and find it again than any real talent," said Renata demurely as they continued strolling along the street. "My talents are in administration and planning more than leadership, but I suppose you don't survive what we survived in those tunnels, in the position I was in, without picking up a lesson or two." She took another long drag of her cigarette; the ember at the end of the cigarette glowed, bathing Renata's face in a warm orange light for a moment before fading again.

"Can you believe what they've been calling us?" Renata asked, waving away the smoke impatiently with her cigarette hand so he could see the earnest half-smile on her lips. "Mole people! Like we had a choice but to go down the tunnels." She smirked. "It's not offensive, but still. I heard someone in the General Administration building refer to me as Queen of the Mole People and I couldn't tell whether to be flattered or not. I've never considered myself royalty, but if it comes with a pay rise..." She lofted her eyebrows and took another drag from the cigarette.

"What about you?" she asked, glossing over the fact that she had, strictly speaking, not answered his question. She didn't answer because she didn't know how she was holding up. Most days she got home too late and too tired to think about it and woke up with a mountain of work ahead of her to distract her from discovering if she was, in fact, all right. "What's next for you? Are you staying on Dosuun?"

At the sound of a familiar voice from behind her, Madelyn craned her neck, and turned away from Yves, offering a wide smile to the man. "Oh- Arador Terrix." She said, beaming. "Just the man I wanted to see."
Looking the man up and down, Madelyn nodded her assent at Terrix's comments. It was a momentous day. For the best part of two years, Madelyn had watched sceptically, waiting for their movement to crumble under the pressure. But it hadn't, and now they stood proud, on a world remade.

"You must be very proud, Moff Terrix. You have achieved something truly remarkable here." She looked over his shoulder, appreciating the comforting spectacle of the festivities against the backdrop of the Avalonian skyline, before her eyes darted back to the man.

"Well," she said slowly. "Normally I would say that it is business as usual for the PIA. It has been smooth sailing for a while for me and mine." She replies. "However, recent events have changed things some. Tavlar's traitors and those New Imperial dogs have taken ground in surrounding sectors. Most of our attention in the last few months has been focused on shoring our defences." Madelyn breathed out a sigh and gave Terrix a polite smile. "And of course- my duties have extended to the whole Oversector. Can't have Bastion under threat."

Madelyn trailed off. The situation with the New Imperials was a concern, but Terrix did not need to be bombarded with the complexities of the defence. Besides, this day was about the First Imperials, not the Sith.

She cleared her throat, and Yves stepped up from behind her, handing over a small package wrapped in brown paper and tied with a ribbon of First Imperial colours that shimmered and changed in the light.

"Here." She said, holding out the package. "A token of friendship, from the Authority to the Order."

Resurgent Narrative

R
Aetos' smile tugged a little when she cracked a self-deprecating joke, granted - he knew it was just her way of being modest. "No, no, you don't." He said in agreement, there weren't a lot of people alive who could say they lived to tell the tale. Not like Westaway and her crew at least. Aetos flicked the ashes off his cigarette and watched them for a moment as they dissipated into the wet street beneath his boots. As they strolled further along the street, she began to talk about the rumors, the names - mole people. Admittedly he had heard it, not that he was a fan but people were people - and they were going to talk.
He chuckled lightly at the mention of a pay raise, "if only, huh?" Aetos took a quick drag from his cigarette. His eyes followed the smoke that left his lips. It hadn't been lost on him that she didn't actually answer his question but rather than press, he let it go, for now. The woman had been through a lot, and like it or not - she'd have to get it out one way or another. She deflected onto him, a question about whether or not he would stay on Dosuun. "That's up to the Army, not me." He watched the embers on the end of his cigarette burn closer toward the end, "and as of now, my job is to stay in Suthrig until it's more... hospitable to the civilians. Lots of clean up work, none of it pretty, thankfully they stuck ol' Major Caceres with me. So now I have two headaches, Suthrig and him."

"I'm proud indeed, proud of all of the devoted beings who made this possible," Terrix said with a smile. Genuinely, he was proud of Dosuun and its people. The smile faded a bit when she made mention of the NIO's efforts. Ungrateful bastards, traitors were in his eyes. "I'm sorry to hear that, it seems its always something nowadays, if it's not the enemy outside our borders, it's traitors within them. While most of our efforts must remain on building ourselves here, I'll bring up the prospect of aiding the Authority the next time the Moff Council convenes regardless. Not that I think the Sith won't do well by you, of course, but these days we must look out for each other as much as we do ourselves."

When Madelyn presented the gift, Terrix accepted it, holding it in his hands for a moment and looking it and its shimmering ribbon over, the smile returning to his face. "This is very kind of you, Governor. Would you prefer I open it now, or in the company of my compatriots?"

He lead her through the party, holding her hand the whole way as he listened to her. It was almost as if there was no music playing, no crowds of people chatting, and no outside distractions. Only her. Nothing could possibly draw his attention from her. Nothing yet, at least.

The sight of the drink spread caught his gaze for a moment before he grabbed two glasses of a bubbly beverage, handing her one of them. "Yeah. It's good to keep the natural beauty of worlds in tact. That's how you win the heart of the people. That's how the Confederacy has so much support. Well, had so much support." he mused.

Djonas' nose tingled as the aroma of fresh pastries wafted past his nose. "I'll be taking two. Let's go check it out." He gently pulled her along as they approached the dessert table. The assortment was full of color and each dish was clearly from different parts of the galaxy. From All-Almakian applie pie to Zoochberry cobbler, it would seem they had it all.

Renata Westaway

R
Renata nodded. "Believe me, I know what you mean. It may not be the military, but certainly, I was essentially ordered to take this job and I go where the Moff Council sends me. I can't remember the last time I was the master of my own destiny, except down in the tunnels. Perhaps these were really the good old days." She smirked and shook her head, but out of the corner of her eye, she saw Anjela Ducrief making a beeline for her. "Oh God," she muttered and set lifted her glass to drain it, finishing just as Anjela came to stand at their side.

"Ma'am," she said, then nodded to Aetos. "Captain." She turned her attention back to Moff Westaway. "It's time, ma'am. They're just about to introduce you at the archway podium."

Renata offered Aetos an apologetic smile. "Duty calls, I'm afraid," said the Moff, setting her glass on the tray of a passing waiter. Renata arrived to the podium just as another Moff Council spokesman was finishing his introduction of Renata herself. She mounted the stage, raising a hand to wave at the crowd that had gathered around the plaza. Their applause was measured but not exactly tumultuous. It said yes, all right, fine. We don't know you yet but we're prepared to give you a chance.

Her speech had been uploaded to the holoprompter so she had no notes. It was just her and her wits. She smiled broadly and waited for a moment, grasping the edges of the podium. Why am I nervous? she asked herself as she squinted out at the prompter. Pull yourself together. "Thank you!" Renata called. Her voice reverberated through the plaza; she could hear her deep voice echoing back to her. "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your warm welcome. To those of you listening in from across our nation, I want to welcome you as we step together into a new era for the First Order."

She paused and allowed another smile. "Today, the Moff Council has ratified a new charter, re-establishing the First Order. After a trying few years, during which we have all experienced hardship and loss, I am proud to stand before you today to declare to you all that Dosuun is, indeed, free of the Ssi-Ruuk menace. The last holdouts of the Imperium have been wiped clean from our fair world. Our brave servicemen and women have learned the tactics necessary to take on the Imperium. We now know we have nothing to fear. Now, we can grow and thrive together without fear."

The applause was louder this time, more enthusiastic. "The Charter we have ratified today will provide for the safety, security, and stability for our nation. For all of you. The First Order offers opportunities, to start and grow businesses and families, to build and expand homes and cities. Our charter will guarantee you -- the citizens of our growing nation -- of your civil rights: the right to petition the government, the right to quality, affordable medical care, the right to do business with limited government interference, the right to defend yourselves, your families, and your homes from attack."

"As we transition to the next era of our nation's history, we open the door to the galaxy. If you seek opportunity, space to grow, an environment in which your business can thrive, we invite you to join us. In the recent past, the First Order has been troubled, but as we have always done in the past, we will overcome this trouble. We will rise above it and rebuild our empire, together. When we look after each other, friends and neighbors, we are rebuilding our empire. When we open new businesses or shops, we are rebuilding our empire. When we welcome new immigrants and settlers, we are rebuilding our empire. When we educate a child or heal someone ill, we are rebuilding our empire. When we settle new cities and outposts on distant worlds, we are rebuilding our empire. When we enlist in our armed forces or register for government service, we are rebuilding our empire."

As she spoke, the cadence and rhythm building, the crowd began to join her in the refrain: "We are rebuilding our empire!"

"And we will continue to do it, rebuilding our empire, by serving and protecting each other, by challenging ourselves to be the best that we can be. We invite you to join us as we march into the future together. Thank you!" She stood back from the podium. The applause was... warm. No one would ever confuse her for Fortan, but the crowd appeared to like what it heard. "Thank you!" she said again, raising a hand to wave as she went back across the stage, descending to the street again.

"Well done, ma'am," said Anjela Ducrief.

Renata offered her a confidential smile. "Thanks. Let's never do it again."

Ryssa Yvarro

R
"Funny you mention that," she quipped with a cheeky smile at the mention of had. "Would certainly explain the spike in immigration around these parts." Her mind was wonderfully distracted by the smell of fried pastries. "Heavens they're out in force tonight." Ryssa gestured toward the street before them lined on either side with food stalls and vendors. If only every day was like this she thought and then gave a look over toward Djonas properly. Mhmmm, indeed, if only every day was like this she thought once more. Hand in hand as they strolled, "not sure which one to try first if I'm honest, what do you recommend?"
It was just as she turned to look at Djonas that she caught sight of Madelyn Lowe Madelyn Lowe out of her peripheral. "I see we are not entirely alone, and by that I mean a member of the Sith Empire has arrived." Ryssa paused as to try to best describe the relationship with the Moff, oh, was it Grand Moff now? Well no matter, Madelyn's position could never quite begin to eclipse Natasi's. "Well, now I wonder if they're here for business or pleasure, not to distract from our current conquest of pastries..."
But.
"Why don't we," she began as she took lead of their walk and gently guided Djonas with her as they headed toward the former Governor of Varonat. A smile on her face, "go say hello."
It was just as she headed for the woman in question that a few monitors were flipped on - and the few became the many and it was apparent... A speech was to be given. "Bother..." she remarked beneath her breath as they came to a stand still to watch the speech given by Renata Westaway unfold. "If we come across the Moff, remind me to buy her a drink."
"Rebuilding the empire, yes, yes, yes, all in good time." Ryssa agreed, "now then, right pastries and the Sith Imperial." Back on track Ryssa thought to herself.

"Yeah. I just hope they all find happiness wherever they go."

Djonas took another breath of the fresh aroma after Ryssa. "That is a very good question. I'm more fond of the uh.." Before Djonas could finish his sentence, his beloved pulled him along to mingle with the other socialites. It had been a while since Djonas spoke to a citizen of the Sith Empire. A very long while. He was not excited to speak to their ilk, but would to make his lover happy. "I'll follow your lead, love." he said as she gently dragged him along.

Screens above them ignited with power, pulling Ryssa's attention. Djonas' gaze followed hers. A woman of presumably reputable standing appeared and began to speak. She told a tale of resurgence of the First Order. One that Djonas was wary of. He heard her mention a new beginning for business and families, but did not know the Order enough to foresee what that meant. For now, he would be just a bystander, spectating what was to come.

Djonas was knocked from his thoughts and back into reality by Ryssa's voice after the speech. "Yes. Dessert. I was saying that you should try the Kowakian crumb cake. Probably my favorite. That or the choclime twist if you want something simple but still damn good."

Madelyn gave a sage nod as Terrix lamented over the insecurity of empire and its propensity to produce the traitors that dragged on it. An unfortunate phenomenon to be sure, but ultimately mere detoxification, the lancing of a boil, the removal of that which is unwanted. The New Imperials posed a threat, yes, but their departure from the ranks of the Sith was not to be lamented.

To his offer of assistance to the Authority, Madelyn responded with a patient smile. It was a nice show of support, but Terrix clearly misunderstood the degree to which her kin had been brought into the fold. No, First Imperial assistance would not be necessary. But, she voiced no such dissent. "A very generous offer." She told the man loftily, a hint of amusement in her voice, turning as two approaching figures caught her eye.

Ms Ryssa Yvarro had been one of the instrumental figures in enabling her passage to Sith space and her departure from the crumbling ruin of the old, and the decay of life within her station. Though it was the Emperor who ultimately assured her ascension to her current station, the Yvarro's certainly did their part in establishing her within the Empire and giving her the chance to rise. There was something to be said for that.

"Ryssa." Madelyn said warmly, also inclining her head to the man she did not know. "What a pleasant surprise to see you here. It's certainly a nice improvement to the circumstances of our last meeting." Which had taken place inside the derelict interior of her station, with half-starved and wasting First Imperials. How things had changed in a few short years.

Madelyn looked back at Terrix and nodded. "Yes, yes. Open it up." When the gift was unwrapped, it would reveal a beautiful shimmering songsteel sabre, impossible light and finely crafted. The ceremonial weapon had a fine black hilt of metal, and a gilded black crossguard, with deep crimson tassels hanging from the pommel. The sword rested on a finely woven silk item, which when unfurled revealed a beautiful rendition of the First Order's flag, echoing Ryssa's similar gift to Madelyn a few years prior.

Ryssa Yvarro

R
Ryssa had the chance to glimpse the gift given to the Moff. She kept her smile hidden whilst he opened it, and after he both thanked Madelyn and departed their company. Ryssa stepped forward to stand side by side with the woman she once welcomed into the Sith Empire. "It is certainly a nice improvement, my sister has done well." If there was a moment of pride to be had on Ariel's behalf Ryssa showed it this one time. "But, forgive me where are my manners. Grand Moff Lowe, isn't it?" She mostly inquired to confirm the information she had learned.
"Grand Moff, this is Mr. Djonas Vile, my partner. Djonas this is Grand Moff Madelyn Lowe from the Sith Empire."
"There is truth to what Moff Westaway spoke of, we are rebuilding and we're also learning, come let us talk for a moment and then I shall leave you to explore the new Avalonia." Ryssa remarked whilst sliding her hand into Djonas'. The Avalonian evening was starting to take its hold and the city lights began to come alive. Behind them the First Order's new flag moved with the wind a reminder that what had once fallen, can still rise, and rise they would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom