Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech KVX 'Manipulator' Otherspace Projection Array

Status
Not open for further replies.
PJD3sqv.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• | Intent | To create a piece of tech used on an armor set capable of opening up rifts to Otherspace.
  • | Image Source | Source
  • | Canon Link | N/A
  • | Primary Source | N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Otherspace Rift Generator

Strengths |
  • | Rift Generation | The Manipulator is a series of arrays placed upon an arm that is capable of opening up a rift into Otherspace. This allows the user to open up a path to either pass into Otherspace or bring forth creatures/individuals into Realspace. These rifts last for a short amount of time before closing. These rifts are wide enough to allow creatures to crawl out of, roughly 1.6m in diameter for a short duration (Roughly a ten second window before the rift becomes extremely unstable).
Weaknesses |
  • | Draining | The Manipulator can take quite a bit of power to use in order to open. Most powered suits of armor are only capable of opening two to three rifts consecutively before being drained and needing to be recharged.
  • | Volatile | The Manipulator being experimental technology based upon an anomalous situation is extremely volatile. While measures have been taken to ensure that it is well protected, any damage to the Manipulator can result in catastrophic consequences and a lethal failure, such as but not limited to limb/body being torn apart on a subatomic level and transported to Otherspace, significant and catastrophic damage to the physical body, and of course death.

DESCRIPTION

The KVX 'Manipulator' Otherspace Projection Array is a new scientific venture that is part of a greater initiative to utilize Otherspace in a military capacity. It is still in experimental production stages, but it shows great promise for its applications in future development of similar tech. Like how Sith utilize Technobeasts and Sithspawn for military operations, the Manipulator is the gateway into utilizing resources locked away in Otherspace that can be exploited for expendable use.

The Manipulator in and of itself is quite an innovation by significantly miniaturizing the technology needed to tear open a rift into Otherspace. The Manipulator is small enough to be mounted on the arm of a grown adult, though this comes at the cost of limited usage. Despite this however, it is still able to effectively and reliably open up rifts to either pass or bring creatures through.

Rather than utilize it for something as arbitrary as hopping in between dimensions on a whim, it's often used as a one way passage to bring forth whatever might be kept on the other end, lurking in the mysterious beyond that is Otherspace.

[member="Kor Vexen"]

Could you give me some canon examples of this kind of thing? I'm not opposed to the concept entirely, but I'd like to see something like it before I can safely stamp it.

[member="Alkor Centaris"]

Currently I am unable to find any canon examples at this time as Otherspace is a rather untouched aspect that I'd like to explore/flesh out further, which is why I mentioned in the Description section that it was a new venture for scientific development and in experimental stages.

[member="Kor Vexen"]

Sorry for the delay, I had to consult the powers that be about this.

I would say the production on this can go no higher than semi-unique, for starters.

I'd like you to expound further on the submission. I need to know how you intend to use it- moving through objects, or simply like a bag of holding? Do you intend to use it as a weapon?

Next, can you specify for me how large these portals are, and how long they last?

As a reminder, the Codex does not allow extra-galactic submissions, so you may be dissatisfied with the extent to which you can "explore" Otherspace.

Finally, I will need you to add another weakness because this ability is fairly powerful.

[member="Alkor Centaris"]

No worries, I can understand the apprehensiveness of reviewing a sub such as this.

Production quality has been lowered to Semi-Unique as requested.

Some additional clarification has been made to how it will be used but I will state it here for posterity's sake - The intended use for this is in a similar fashion to submissions who utilize pocket dimensions to store and call forth weapons, except rather than an inanimate object, it's intended to bring forth a subjugated species from Otherspace to be used as weaponized units. It is not meant to be used in a way where someone can just phase in and out of existence to avoid harm or being in a bad position - it's designed to be a one way gate.

Portals have been specified to b e 1.5m in diameter with a 10 second window for whatever is on the other side to get through without being torn apart.

I wasn't aware there was a ruling on extra galactic submissions, but thank you for bringing it up. My intent was to further clarify how they would be used by fleshing out the purpose behind the design of this submission and what people may potentially end up dealing with, so I treated the species as I would more or less treat Sithspawn so it's not me just hand waving 'Hey I brought this extremely convenient for me to use and impossible to define species out of nowhere' type of deal.

Another weakness was added as per requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom