Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knowledge is the Key(Open)

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Korriban

The ruins of Midigor

The Midigorian priests were an ancient race of spell weaving Sith. They were Sith who resorted to drawing power from knowledge and the force. They fought with the force as their closest of allies, yet never resorted to physical confrontation.

Many had said that this was the reason the were so easily destroyed by their counterparts, the Sith that had originally established their hold on Korriban many years ago. Their lack of ability by way of martial arts or swordsmanship had lead to their downfall, though the war the claimed their kind had been a bloody one.

The struggle for power on Korriban had been lost, as well as every life who claimed to be a spell weaving force user, but the history of their kind still remained, in bits and pieces strewn about a wasteland of temples. Those temples held secrets, many just like the holocron Christian held as he hovered over the open tomb of an unnamed Midigorian Lord who'd been clutching it close to his chest for no telling how many years.

A cold, hard boot crunched the red sand of Korriban, followed by another. Scanning the landscape, Sadrion donned a black robe over his armor, not bothering to slip on the mask, which lay in a side pocket. This place was simply coated in dark side energies. There could be hundreds, if not thousands of artifacts in the many tombs of the Sith of old. The true Sith, those that had been in the galaxy far longer than those dark Jedi who came to enslave them. No, the true Sith were the true keepers of power, so long ago. As the armored figure walked across the hot sands, he made his way to the nearest tomb. It didn't seem to radiate as much energy, but he felt another presence inside. Interesting, indeed. Curiosity drove him forward, and he walked in, anxious to see what was left of the ancients.

@[member="Christian Slade"]

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
There was a silence about the room, a silence that the room and the long dead Midigorian Sith was no stranger to. Still, there was a presence near, despite the deadening silence around the man who stood alone, hovering over one of that time's tombs.

It was the force that screamed of the presence that had grown closer and closer for the longest of times. It was something he was aware of, yet he'd hoped that something else would take the attention of whoever it was so that he might not have to deal with them. Either way, these ruins were his to explore, these artifacts he had laid claim to, and there was nothing anyone living was going to do to change that.

Turning finally as the presence had found the tomb he'd managed to inspect first, Christian's golden eyes fell upon Sadrion as he pulled the edge of his black duster off of his chest so that he could slip the holocron beneath it. When he'd tucked it away, he recalled his hand and let it fall to his side as he asked the man, "Can I help you?"

Now standing in front of the source of power, Sadrion stood still. This man was definitely a master of the dark side, he could feel the dark energies radiating from him. So, it seemed they were both here for the same reason. "No. Actually, I believe your purpose here and mine are one in the same. You seek the knowledge of the ancients, as do I. I see no reason in any conflict." He gave the most slightest of bows, so slight you'd have to really look to see it.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
"Well, what if I were the selfish type?", Christian asked, taking another look in the tomb next to him to make sure that it had been raided for all it was worth. He then raised his hand, flicked his finger, and the stone covering the ancient Midigorian Sith slid back in place, covering him for eternity once more.

"What if I'd prefer not to share my knowledge for fear that someone I give it to might use it against me?"

@[member="Sadrion"]

"You would have no problem with me then. I don't concern myself with that idiotic pissing match between the Sith and their peers. I'd rather take my own knowledge, and use it for my own purposes." Though Sadrion was confident he would be a formidable opponent against this man, he still chose to go the easy route this time. He had shown no reason to attack this far, so he wouldn't.

Teslar had heard whispers of Korriban and of the powerful sith that had fought and died there leaving behind vast amounts of wealth and knowledge. He made this his next destination, as he exited hyperspace he immediately felt the dark sides power as it washed over him taking a deep breath he closed his eye and reached out to the force it didn't take long for him to find a strong pull hoping it was a temple or tombs he landed. Putting his ship down in an isolated spot Teslar left his ship entering a valley containing several tombs at the end was a temple an excitement took him as he enter the tomb across from the one @[member="Christian Slade"] and @[member="Sadrion"] were in.

What if a man wanted to learn not for himself, but for others? In the darkness of the room, I hid. Watching one man that had once been my friend, and a Master of some kind. Sith? maybe. I didn't rule it out. However, Xardus had become different, his body was darker, everything about him was darker. With my right hand up at my eye level, it ignited into flames of orange and red.

"If you want to not die by the man, then I recommend that you speak nicely to him."

Speaking from the darkness in the end of the room. I could only smirk at Xardus' last words before I had made him stormed off with Lexa in my arms. He said that he would kill me. Even now, I doubt that he could. This time, it was so much better. A Master was here for the secrets held in this tomb. However, I doubt that Xardus could realize it was me. Wearing a set of armor with a mask made of Alchemy. I looked at them through the eye holes of the mask covering my face and a crimson hood to cover my black and dirty blond hair.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, Master, but this man you talk to and I have business to finish after we stop having a measuring contest."

@[member="Teslar Rantarus"], @[member="Sadrion"], @[member="Christian Slade"].

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
"Is that so?", Christian said, stepping down off the platform that the tomb had been upon and circling it as he eyed the man curiously.

His golden eyes bore into this man he met on random chance in a place where he'd expected to find no one at all. He was an interesting one, a Sith who didn't worry himself with the power struggle that Sith typically found themselves in. "So you aren't the average Sith, then? Interesting..."

Stopping right in front of the man, Christian looked him up and down, sizing him up and seeing that he did possess a rather strong connection to the force. He was something, but he also could tell that he could be so much more, especially with help from someone like him.

"Just what kind of Sith are you?"

Before his question could be answered, however, another man appeared from the darkness. He'd been watching, and Christian could have only imagined that this was what the force had been warning him about to begin with. Sith were crawling to the source of his own commotion in the force. He should have known they'd come out to see what he was doing there.

"Don't apologize to me, young Sith. After all, I hold no rank over you. I am a part of no order, no coven. I answer to no one, and no one answers to me unless I hold my blade to their throat."

@[member="Sadrion"] @[member="Morna Imura"]

I could only smile at the other man's reaction. He believed that I was a Sith. I had armor much like theirs, I used the Bogan for my powers, I had used Alchemy, but I was not a Sith. I despised their type. Wanting power and more power. Turning a dagger into a friends back before they would notice. My family was slaughtered by them, and I had the mistake of following one, But I was not a Sith. Like the man had said, I also follow no one. I respect people, but I only took "orders" as a request.

"Then I see that we are alike."

Smiling I let my head dip down as though in thought. Possibly contemplating my next move, but nether were true.

"Yet we are far apart from each other."

I moved into the light that was cast by the lit torches and the dimness of the hall that led into the room. Letting my hand down and extinguishing my flame that was created by my hands, I kept my distance from the two if ether should attack me. I doubted that the Master would as he had just said that he held no word to me, but Xardus may have as we had a past that was not so smooth.

"Now that we are here, Is a debate in order for who gets the secrets of the tomb or would we share and all leave here just as we had entered?"

I let the words hang in the air, Saying to Xardus that I would rather not fight, nor bicker about stupid things of the past.

@[member="Christian Slade"], @[member="Sadrion"]

@Teslar Rantarus, @Sadrion, @Christian Slade, @[member="Morna Imura"].

Korriban. A place where Paega had been training for almost a decade as an apprentice. She had gone for a stroll outside the Sith Academy when she had picked up a trace of a Force-User, traveling. Out of curiosity, Paega had followed, and soon ended up in the entrance to what appeared to be an ancient tomb. The tomb had something quite powerful about it, the Force seemed to tell her.

The blonde Sith Knight had listened to the conversation, and from what she could tell, there seemed to have been an important item found from inside the tomb. Tapping her lightsaber hilt for reassurance, she slid slowly into the tomb. Paega immediately noticed three Force-Users, and from what she could tell, they were capable combatants. "Surely, this item rightfully belongs to the Sith Empire?" said the blonde softly, stepping out of the shadows. Paega didn't exactly know what this artifact was, but she knew that it was rightfully the Empire's. And she would see to it that it was returned to the rightful owner.

Teslar had entered the tomb filled with great excitement as he walked along he found runes in an old language below stone paintings depicting the Midigor's fall at the hands of the Sith although he could not read the ancient sith ruins he got the jist of it from the images. He quickly took out his datapad and record what had happened making note to begin learning old sith as soon as he could, he also took pictures of the ruins and stone paintings, after noting the location he put his datapad away. Moving on to the main chamber he shoved the tomb open with the force a cloud of dust bellowed forth, as he peered in he noticed several artifacts as well as items of value. Reaching a scaly hand in he grabbed the beautiful decorated staff the dead priest was clenching tightly to he marveled at its beauty as he pried it from the corpses grasp. At the top was a orange crystal it was similar to the purple one that Teslar had but this one looked like it had been refined into a perfect shape, it was held in place by three metal prongs.
@[member="Christian Slade"] @[member="Sadrion"] @[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Paega Anginous"]

Sadrion turned around to look at the other who had addressed him. His force signature felt familiar in a way, though he could not place where he had felt it before. In his his mind, Xardus had popped up with a question. 'Hey, doesn't that seem a whole lot like Mor-' "Silence", he hissed back. Those around him would no doubt give him weird looks, but he didn't care. The fact was that Xardus had met this man before, and had a deep hate for him. That's where Sadrion came into play. "No. You must pay for what you have done." He brought up his new weapon of th dark and ignited it's yellow blade.

@[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Christian Slade"]

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Christian stood in defiance of all that had gathered. He knew that he should have masked his force signature when indulging the ruins for their prize. The greatest prize was knowledge, knowledge which had been accumulated in the very holocron that now rested beneath his coat. That holocron would not be moving from it's place.

"That is where you are wrong, my dear.", Christian said, turning to the young female Sith who entered the tomb after both men had presented themselves.

Those golden eyes bore into her as he looked her from head to toe. His jawline rippled ever so slightly as his gaze then circled to the others present as he said, "This artifact has been lying in rest in this place for countless years. The only reason it has been unearthed is because I toured other planets tracing the origins of the Midigorian Sith civilization. The vast knowledge within this holocron are mine, and mine alone."

He then looked back to the man who'd been toying with fire and smiled.

tumblr_m8ktj3YbEF1qgsrkyo1_500.gif

Watching him carefully, the young Sith Master turned up his palms to display the spell circles forever etched in either of his palms. A moment later, they began to glow an unnerving purple hue. As the light power from his hand it licked the skin of his palm and fingers, either hand bursting into flames. Slowly that dark colored fire trickled up his arms, clinging to his bare skin until it reached his shoulders.

"I am an alchemist, much like you.", he said, eyeing Morina. "The knowledge of the Midigorian Sith is something I have been searching for for some time now. I found it... I unearthed it... and I will reap it's benefits."

@[member="Sadrion"] @[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Paega Anginous"] @[member="Teslar Rantarus"]

It seemed this place was busy. With another woman coming in and saying that it belonged to the Empire. I just shook my head as the man answered for me it seemed. I could only smile as he faced me and showed that he was also an Alchemist. I shook my head as I showed him my palm. Only scars of sabers being stabbed in my hands and callous. As Xardus said that we were to fight I smiled. and face the man again.

"Since both of us want it for Alchemy, Why don't we fight these two off and claim it for ourselves. I too, want its benefits." Lighting my own arms up in flames I watched as Xardus drew near. "Xardus, if you so wish to fight me, then know that I have changed since we last met. Maybe your Ego that shows here could back down while the Adults talk?"

Even though the man said for him and him alone. We seemed alike in many ways. Though I was a Shaper, a person that could control the elements, and him a person that could do the same though Alchemy and magic, I had some slight thought in my head that we could possibly get along. Though it might have been a long shot. "What do you say Alchemist?" I only wanted to say his name and address him as one should be called, but as I didn't know, nor did he know mine, I was stuck with what we had in common.
@[member="Christian Slade"], @[member="Sadrion"], @[member="Paega Anginous"],

Sadrion glared at the man, forgetting about every other person in the room. "My name is Sadrion. Xardus is my prisoner, and you are my enemy." As he mentioned his own name, his already golden eyes flared softly, a gentle glow settling on them. Igniting his own arm in a similar fashion, he walked forward to fully face Morna. As he walked, the fire burned over the glove and spread to his cloak, which slowly burned away, revealing his newly fashioned armor underneath. When he stood just a few feet away from the fire shaper, a snarl filled his face. It was at this moment, he decided, that he he would fully reveal himself. "I am Xardus's hate. I am his fear, his loathing, and his passion. I am everything that made him strong. He remembers what you did to him, and he wants revenge." Finally the fire ended, the last of his cloak falling off of his shoulders. "Lets play."

@[member="Morna Imura"]

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
"I have no quarrel with any of you.", Christian said, standing there as defiantly as ever watching them all carefully. Fire had been the element of choice for this showdown, which was interesting enough considering a couple of the others had their own tricks they could perform with the tenacious element.

Looking to Morna, Christian eyed him closely for a moment, considering what he'd said. He then looked to Sadrion and then the girl who'd entered to claim the relic for the Sith Empire. As he watched her with those golden eyes of his he finally said, "I will not destroy a free man. A man who answers to no one and does not bend his knee to the Sith Empire. If you fight this man, I will not interfere no matter what happens."

"You... though...", he said, still staring at the young woman. "You I would kill because you are the pet of another. Because you represent the unorganized chaos of the Sith Empire, a laughing stock ripe with infighting and backstabbing. You will not share in this knowledge in this life, and neither will anyone you answer to."

Reaching beneath his cloak, Christian pulled out the holocron and displayed it to everyone present. "Hundreds of years of knowledge will be shared with the victor, though I would have both of you find even ground so that we could break the weak like this woman together. A shame one of you has to die when we share so much in common, but... so be it."

"He who still breathes at the end of this dual I will share this prize with, but for our female friend...", he said, looking between Morna and Sadrion and then back to Paega one last time. "For you I offer only to leave your lifeless body among the dead in this tomb.

@[member="Sadrion"] @[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Paega Anginous"] @[member="Teslar Rantarus"]

@[member="Christian Slade"] @Sadrionhttp://starwarsrp.net/user/607-sadrion/ @Morna Imura @Teslar Rantarus

Paega had observed the discussion with little interest. They were all ambitious selfish people, as all Sith Lords really were. She turned to face the Force User holding the relic, who had suddenly decided that he wanted to kill her. Paega smirked slightly at the man's words.

"For you I offer only to leave your lifeless body among the dead in this tomb..." Paega simply kept the smirk on her face. "I regret to inform you that I must reject your offer." the blonde Sith Knight said simply, igniting her lightsaber. Paega's crimson blade hummed with energy as the weapon was activated. She was far from afraid. She was rather determined now to show the greedy selfish fething man infront of her the value of loyalty.

Christian Slade

In Darkness I Thrive
Christian smiled at the woman as she ignited her saber. As she did, he tucked the ancient relic back into his coat and slowly squatted down, resting his elbows on his knees, watching her ever so closely with those golden eyes. He didn't miss a thing, not with those eyes. Never would he, either. They were his greatest of weapons, a way to pick his opponents every move apart so that he could pick them apart physically, piece by bloody piece.

"Come and show me what your loyalty has earned you then, girl...", he said, reaching up and brushing the hair from his face and tucking it behind his ear.

"...and I'll show you what I've earned all on my own."

Teslar held the pointed crystal up to the light of his torch, it was then that he felt it a tug from the force coming from the very staff he held. This surprised him, however it was not as surprising as the following event. A voice rang out "Ah another seeker of knowledge and wealth, don't tell me your one of those accursed Sith!" the angry spirit yelled the last part seeming to hate the idea of sith "I am not sith I am a follower of the dark side who seeks knowledge of the force I do not allie myself with the them." The spirit pondered and finally reaching a decision he faced Teslar "I offer to you my knowledge do you wish to take it and with it the artifacts contained in this tomb?" the barabel rubbed his chin in thought "Yes." he said standing the staff upright. A smile drew across the priest's face "Then face." he said as he put his hands up and shot lightning at Teslar, acting quickly he raised the staff and channeled the force through it shooting powerful lightning out of the crystal. The two fought with the force trying to gain the upper hand until Teslar's power slipped and the lightning hit him full force he resisted but after a shortly while he fell to his knees the pain over whelming "My my you do impress me using my own staff to amplify your powers. I am surprised it works for you only those strong in the force can use it. Well you have impressed me go claim my knowledge but tell me....." the spirit paused as it retreated towards the shadows ".....how did you know about my staff?" Teslar looked up at the priest from the kneeled position and said "The force it told me." The priest continued to the shadows " Very well but remember to use my knowledge you must enslave that which wishes to enslave you the most, the dark side. The priest had disappeared by the time he had gotten up using the staff as a means to keep from falling down he was injured that badly but it was painful to walk. When he made it to the sarcophagus he gathered the holocron that lay on top of the corpses old robes, slipping it into his robe he lifted the necklace which was decorated with gold and the Midigor symbol off of the dead priest as well as putting it on he closed the sarcophagus with the force and left.
@[member="Christian Slade"] @[member="Sadrion"] @[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Paega Anginous"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom