Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knowledge is Power

I walked into the meditation today as rain hammered the ground outside occasionally causing me to become annoyed by how loud it was at times. Today I had been called to the meditation chambers by Lord Judas. Though I really didn't know why, how was it always me who was called without any clue what I was walking into. For all I knew I could be walking into a trap though I doubted it. As far as I knew Judas saw us as family and wouldn't betray us though I couldn't say the same for some of the other members.

The meditation chambers were devoid of all others for the moment leaving me alone with nothing but my thoughts. Today I had decided on a more modest wardrobe wearing nothing but a white shirt that clung to my muscular body and black pants. Taking a seat on the ground I went into a meditative pose and began to meditate while I waited for Judas. I may not know much about the Force, but meditating still helped me keep myself centered. Constantly being on the point of exploding from rage or suffering from old wounds often took a toll that I felt warped me each time it took over.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

Lurking SWRP Sites Since 1998
"You may have an affinity but you do not have control. Your mind is distracted. You need focus. When one lacks these traits you will find yourself seeing your combat prowess do the same."

He walked down the stairs meeting one of the apprentices of the citadel. He has been observing this one in particular since he arrived. He was promising warrior and would serve well to the cause.

"Tell me, Kale, what would you recommend yourself for improvement?"

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Hearing footsteps as Master Judas entered I bounced to my feet and bowed to him. "Yes master, you are correct." I couldn't deny it, I didn't really have any control over the force compared to some others. Plus considering my age I saw that as a huge disadvantage. "Well Master Judas I would reccomend that I learn more about the force in general including the arcane parts of it. Combat is something that Master Darren is teaching me." I said to the master as I stood at attention before Judas. I didn't know much about the master but I did hear him calling for me before I had followed Darren to the planet. It just so happened he had been called as well.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

"Very well."

He looked to the far corner of the room where a pillar was toppled over and shattered.

"Can you tell me what that is over there?"

He pointed with an index finger.

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Following Judas' finger I looked over at the shattered pieces of marble and what was left of it as well as examining the area. I honestly didn't see the point to it and I was getting even more confused. "Um if I'm right thats a broken pillar? What does it have to do with this?" I asked with a look of confusion on my face. Unless this was some type of cryptic teaching method I thought Judas was a bit off his rocker.However after being alive as long as he had. It's believable.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

"Obstacle."

He corrected as he paced around the student with hands folded behind him.

"Do you know what an obstacle is?"

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

"Of course I know what a obstacle is. Something that is impeding progress or slowing the process." I answered as I looked back to where the pillar was or obstacle as Judas said. "So what about it? It's broken and shattered. Can't be much of a obstacle then." All of the crytic and short sentences were really irking me. Yes I know the force is supposed to be mysterious but did that mean the masters had to be as well? "Do yo want me to clean it up before we start the training? ?"

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

He looked to him then back to the rubble.

"If you were to clean it up, how would you do it?"

He gestured with hand towards it.

"How about you lift the pillar but without your hands?"

His instruction was vague but it was necessary. He stopped next to Kale and looked beyond where the pillar laid.

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

"Move it without my hands. Oh great, jumping straight into it huh?" I asked knowing what Judas wanted after he gave me the vauge sentence. Reaching out with both my hands I closed my eyes and envisioned the pillar in my mind. I knew I was supposed to be calling upon the force but I found it incredibly difficult. Everytime I tried to coax it into lifting the pillar nothing happened. I opened my eyes and stared at the pillar. "This is ridiculous!" I yelled my anger getting the best of me. Closing my eyes again I reached for the force just for it to try and avoid me, though I called on my anger and reached out to grasp it. Looking over at the pillar as I opened my eyes I began to yell as I channeled all my anger into controlling the force. In my mind it was as if a hurricane was rampaging through a small village. The villagers ran though the ones who didn't and ended up in the eye of the storm saw magnificient sights. The pillar slowly began to shake before lifting free from the ground along with the shards which I soon dropped. "That good enough?"

@[member="Judas"].

Judas

"No, it is not. You have no control. You are reckless. Do it again, this time maintain the pillar longer and attempt to stack it over the other tablet next to it. Don't break the tablet. Just lay it."

He gestured to the pillar again. This was a test of patience which he knew the student did not have. The potential and energy was there but it was placed rather carelessly. If this student were to face an obstacle under pressure he would effortlessly lose control.

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Looking back at Judas I wanted to say a few choice words to him, but knew that wouldn't be to wise. Looking back at the pillar I had to keep myself calm as I looked at it. Taking a deep breath I reached outwards with one of my arms. Closing my mind I once again visualized the pillar but this time I added in the tablet. Calling for the force once again I tried to use it more calmly yet it alluded me. Like sand slipping between my fingers I could only get small portions of it. What was the meaning of this? Why wouldn't it work for me? I kept calling for it calmly like a mother would her child yet it barely stirred. Then I decided to take a different approach to using the force. Visualizing myself in a dark room I opened my mind and body to it. I offered myself as a sacrifice letting it flow into me. Almost like a symbiotic relationship I realized that for me and the force to work together we had to compromise.
Reaching out once again however letting the force guide my attempt I followed Judas' instructions at first the pillar only shook lightly however a few seconds later it lifted free of the ground and began to twist in the air till it stood upright. Then I slowly started to lower it to the tablet. The whole way down I held my breath and sweat beaded my forehead. When the pillar finally touched down on the tablet I breathed in a mouthful of air and observed my handiwork. Though I think it took longer than what it was meant to.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

"Horrible. Slow."

He waved a hand and the pillar flew off rather easily; clashing to the ground. He pulled a tablet on the opposite side of the room and laid it on the fallen pillar.

"Again. This time balance that tablet on it, then lay it on the tablet to the right. Don't break it. Don't lose balance of the tablet on top of the pillar."

He gestured to the rubble once more.

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Seeing my hard work be ruined in less than a few seconds made me gasps as I looked over at Judas and gritted my teeth. "Was that really necessary?" I asked as I turned back to the rubble and rose both of my hands. Pesperation began to form once again though the pillar was moving faster than it had before. Though every now and then the tablet would shake and almost fall, but I corrected it with the force. Working in unison me and the force placed the pillar back on the tablet. However knowing that Judas may just knock it back over I picked it back off the tablet placed it one the ground, and did it once again. However by the end of the second time the tablet hadn't moved and the top of my shirt was covered in sweat.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

He shook his head in disappointment and waved his index finger; toppling everything all over the place.

"By far the worse attempt of lifting I have ever seen."

He clenched a fist towards a nearby block of stone; shattering it to pieces.

"Same thing again but this time I want you to get those fragments on the ground I left there and orbit them around the tablet that is balanced on the pillar. Place it on the tablet on the right. Don't break it. Don't lose balance. Keep those stones in orbit."

He gestured again to the mess he left before them.

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

"How much do you want me to lift? I've heard of people not even being able to lift that much after months of practice." I said as I turned and looked at the mess. Dust from when the block of stone exploded hung in the air and somewhat stung my eyes. Before I went to doing it I pulled off my shirt revealing my muscular body before I reached out once again towards all of the pieces. Using my hands to direct my motions I made the pebbles orbit the tablet balanced on top of the pillar as well as placing it on top of the other tablet. After it was placed I kept the rubble orbiting the tablet and looked back at Judas. "Is that better? I mean I didn't even know how to use the force to lift objects before now, and I'm lifting heavy objects."

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

He stood there quiet before we walked off and leaned on a nearby pillar. He looked back to Kale as he maintained his focus on him then to the rubble. He lowered his heard and rose his palm to his head; scratching his face showing no expression of emotion or intention. He lifted his other hand and flicked his fingers towards Kale as a barrage of all his work of pillars, stones, and tablets came flying at him suddenly.

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

I felt my eyes widen as all the pillars, and other objects came flying at me, I wanted to dodge them but I knew that wouldn't work. I was at a loss for what to do as they all flew at me. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion as they flew towards me. Slowly I thought about trying to stop them, but knew I wouldn't be able to stop them completely. Reaching out and calling out for the force I focused on all of the objects but instead of stopping them I drew them towards me as I turned my body and guided them. I had effectively turned them back the way they had come and then using the force I pushed them back at Judas. "That's not fair!" I yelled as I used my building anger to put more power behind the objects I had sent back at Judas.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

The shi'ido watched as the objects came hurling to him. He called upon the Force as he gracefully fanned his hand; creating a field of energy that collided the first few pieces of the rubble. The remaining blocks of rock were guided by his other hand; decelerating its forward momentum and keeping in place. He flicked his wrist and dropped the stones to the ground. He brushed his hands off and folded them behind him. He paced to the side pensively.

"You have the right idea but you are still too slow. You have no control. The Force is built on steady flow. You must move fluidly and coincide your thoughts with it. Do not use the Force. Feel the Force. Focus your emotions. Do not be careless. Do not fight it. If you wish to one day wield this effectively you must realise that there must be an equilibrium; a balance to the Force. Patience. When you learn that, then you will be ready."

He brought a hand forward and curled two fingers towards Kale's neck and lifted him off the ground.

"Do what I instructed you again, but this time you will be under pressure. Concentrate."

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

"Wait a second you just destroyed most of it. How am I supposed to follow your instructions now?" I asked till I felt a strange choking sensation around my neck as I was then lifted from the ground and held there. At first my body wanted to panic but I calmed it with my mind as I glared at Judas. I had to keep my calm because one screw up and Judas could, and probably would kill me. I called upon the force once again accepting it into my body and letting it guide me. I reached out using the force I summoned and what was left of the rubble and quickly stacked itself the way it was before though it was ill shapen. Knowing that Judas may not except that as a answer I got a idea. I quickly used the rubble and flung them all at Judas hoping to break his concentration on me for just a few moments.

@[member="Judas"]

Judas

Judas released his grip on Kale and channeled the Force to control the wake of the oncoming rubble once more; pushing it to the side. He looked back to Kale and grew silent again. He walked passed the shattered stones under him towards Kale and stopped. He looked at him briefly before changing his expression slightly.

"Reckless, but tolerable."

He turned and walked off with his hands folded by behind him.

"Take a moment to yourself and meditate on what you have learned. I will return shortly."

His footsteps echoed the dome as he melded into the shadows.

@[member="Kale Xeros"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom