Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King to S-10

Mimban was not the sort of planet that appealed to the Dar'manda.

For one, it was a handsome leap away from the cut of space he regarded as home. Caution had become his ally over the last several years, and as such he kept daring expeditions to an absolute minimum. There were routes he frequented, of course, as his corporation often demanded a physical presence. Yet these were typically the roads less travelled: Lanes known only through a purchase from a certain Baobab company. So why was it that Isley ventured off of his beaten path to the Expansion Region? Why was it that he, more or less, shelved his typical trend of excessive caution?

Two words: [member="Spencer Varanin"].

You see, in recent history the Dar'manda had gone on a "walk" of sorts with an old friend. This leisurely trek through time and space revealed to them pieces of a gargantuan treasure. However, while their voyage had answered many questions, it spawned just as many. Chief amongst these was how the initial mass exodus of Fringe ships was possible. According to their findings, an unknown man had led the departure from the nation's borders...yet how was that so when the Fringe was led by so many great names? As such, the Dar'manda opted to follow the lead provided by he and Ember Rekali's subsequent discussion.

A plethora of names were brought up, and one of them piqued Isley's interest. She was regarded as the Queen of the Echani. She was a master of the mental arts: a far greater expert than he. She was...the widow of Ashin Varanin.

Digging would reveal a Temple on the world of Mimban: a towering structure devoted to a pagan deity. It was here that the Queen was rumored to linger...and it was here that Isley arrived. His journey to the planet was very much veiled. The trip was taken upon a cloaked vessel, and Isley kept the landing as quiet as possible. Yet upon reaching the towering doors of the Temple, he announced his presence in the Force. From but a read of this presence, a master such as Varanin would be able to glean intentions...and base information as well. It was not a malevolent introduction, mind, but rather a metaphorical knock on the door.

And he knocked, physically. Because manners.

[member="Spencer Varanin"]

Flow walking allowed you to experience the past, the future and whatever else you wanted to see. The problem with the flow walking was that at times your own subconscious could change the actual vision showing you how you wanted things to work out. Having originally learned the skill as a third generation student, Spencer did venture back to learn from the creators. Having her mind rooted in the past she continued to watch her memories fly by reliving them, feeling them all over again. It was like she was watching home movies and with the Kaiburr crystal, she was able to enhance them feeling the touch of her lost lover.

Something interrupted her, her mind quickly pulled itself from the meditation and the woman sat there with the crystal in her hand frustrated. After so many years of quiet, the time she wanted to be alone people were appearing out of the kashyyyk wilds and knocking on her door. Standing, she placed the crystal back in its home and returned it to the secret shrine. Grumbling like an old witch being bothered in her cave, Spencer made her way towards the entrance of the temple and paused for a moment. She still hadn’t locked down her mind, the wounds were still fresh from her ripping it open. Quickly and suddenly she reached out for the mind that was hovering just beyond the door.

Not Jared Ovmar. Who are you? What do you want with me?
Spencer waited for the response and prepared her mind for an onslaught if the person on the other end had been sent to finish what Sage Bane had started.

[member="Isley Verd"]

Ovmar.

There was that name again.

Hopefully, at the conclusion of their encounter, it would mean something more than current.

After his rather tame entrance into the Queen's realm, the Dar'manda exercised patience. He folded his hands behind his back, relaxed his stance ever so slightly, and awaited a response from the woman within. And frankly, when she responded, Isley was not disappointed. There was no cataclysmic greeting through the Force; nor traps or malevolence. There was simply a question. It was asked directly in the Dar'manda's mind: a telepathic whisper from beyond the door. Her reputation proceeded her.

Now, before Isley laid a few options. He could attempt to deceive...or...he could be forthright.

Frankly, given how powerful a mentalist [member="Spencer Varanin"] supposedly was...the truth was most likely the more sane of the options. If she so desired, she could pry it out of the Dar'manda one way or another. So, he was upfront.

My apologies for intruding. he began, rendering a bow of his head alongside his telepathic words.

My name is Isley Verd. In very recent history, a colleague and I were conducting an...investigation...regarding the conclusion of the Fringe Confederation. What we found was something surprising: a mass exodus of the nation's most devastating naval holdings. The confusing fact was, this exodus was spear-headed by an enigma...so, I thought it proper to follow this up with the leadership of the Confederation. Perhaps you would be willing to shed some light on this mystery?

Okay, so he left out the heist part. Sue him.

[member="Spencer Varanin"]

He was honest and upfront, a part of her had hoped he would have lied and tried to mask who he was in hopes of fooling her. This would only allow her to unleash the rage she felt within her heart, so because he was honest, she couldn’t punish him. The woman frowned from the other side of the door and ran through her options. She picked up on his words and wondered if it was the whole truth, she couldn’t read his face so there was that. There was more to his story and she knew it deep in her core, but she would entertain his attempt.

A quick mental message was her response. Fine.

Stepping back, Spencer waved her hand in front of the heavy stone door. The force moved the doorway and allowed Isley with a view of the woman that was hiding in the temple. Her attire was simple, tight pants that extended just past her knees and a loose training shirt. Blonde hair tousled about, but still looked decent enough for company. The temple was dark with only torches illuminating the area around her and the hallways. The flames flickered allowing light to cross her face for just moments, they enhanced the Sith corruption that stained her hazel eyes. “So you’ve come to question about the Fringe? I do have to say that’s an interesting topic.”

Arms folded across her chest, while a barefoot scratched the calf of her opposite leg. “No one’s asked about the Fringe in a long while – the navel holdings hmm? Do you know where your lost ships have ended up? Or is that why you decided to come summon me from my work Isley Verd? You smell like a Mandalorian.” The navy was originally handled by Ashin in one of her disguises, Spencer on the other hand was there to comfort the people of the other planets and have them feel safe with the Fringe government taking over their worlds. The guard had changed hands several times while Spencer was there, but the core still had power. [member="Isley Verd"]

Although the word was silent in the waking world, it heralded a thundering sound. The Force moved, an elementary display of telekinetics unleashed upon the Temple's entrance. At once, its hefty form gave way to the whim of the Echani monarch: thereby revealing her to Isley's sight. What got his attention was not the dimly-lit space behind her; nor was her rather attractive appearance. It was her eyes: hazel, yet clearly marred by the Darkness. Initially, Isley said nothing in response to her words; but rather he reached up.

His helm was removed, affording the Echani a rare look at the mess of dreadlocks beneath it. Given the circumstances, it would not do to have a face-to-visor right?

"From what we gathered during our investigation, the Chrysalide is confirmed to be within One Sith hands. Given the scale of the exodus, we can safely presume that many more of the Confederation's 'powerhouse' vessels are in the same custody." he began, meeting her gaze.

"We also saw the face of the man responsible for the initial movement of the ships. He was large, tattooed. Had a beard. I...Here."

As opposed to rambling off the features of the brute, Isley...gingerly...offered a mental picture. It was a telepathic poke, at most, and would provide the Echani with an accurate portrayal of what he was referring to.

"That is the man who moved the vessels from the Fringe to the Primeval. From there, one Zambrano the Hutt and a Catalys Maijora worked together to move the Chyrsalide into One Sith hands. Put simply, we'd like to get to the bottom of this and thought you would have some insight on the identity of the aforementioned."

He paused.

"I didn't...realize...that we had a specific scent? I mean, I clean my armor regularly."

Too much? Too much.

[member="Spencer Varanin"].

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom