Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Kidnapping or Theft?

Do I Dream of Electric Sheep?

T--Wageningen_UR--divider_purple.png

Gem would allow the creature to hang upon her shoulder, not seeing the harm in the odd looking beastie as it would cling to her frame, smiling at its demeanor as she would approach a soldier, sadly, she would not receive the information that she had hoped when it came to her friends. Her frame shrinking at the idea of them all being lost, shipped out, sold... or worse. Snapping out of her trance as she would look to the soldier as he would reference the commander that was supposedly near them, she'd almost spin around not sure what she was seeing as a light would shine, blinding even her sensors for a second. In moments the small creature that had once been on her shoulder was gone, and in its place was the man from before, wounds on his legs that looked like they would limit his mobility for at least the next few weeks unless they were treated by bacta... And with that, the last straw had been pulled.

"Okay, what the hell is your deal!?" Gem would almost explode stepping forward and veritably yelling loud enough to temporarily overpower their minor conversational back and forth.

"You effect the hormonal responses of everyone around you, physics seems to BEND around you! You can generate thousands of pounds of force per square inch at a whim and now you can alter your molecular makeup!? Wha- What the hell ARE you!?" She would continue to shout, flabbergasted at the miraculous events this person seemed to be able to pull out at a whim. The soldiers around him didn't seem to be bothered by it, but Gem was terrified. The world needed to work by a set of rules that always remained the same, this kind of disturbance was something she simply could not abide. It wasn't done, it wasn't right.

"You are all OK with this!? this is insanity!!!"

Her eyes would float between all of them, looking for signs that any others of them agreed with her, looking for the unease, looking for the fear and looking for the commiseration that she needed to see in their eyes. But it was unlikely she found any of it, they had bonds, close ones. They all knew each other and likely knew of the bizzare powers this man seemed to have command of. While meanwhile the dying man in the other room lost precious moments of his remaining life, inches from death after the backfire from the anti material rifle.

Vulpesen Vulpesen

Having a Cyborg shout in his face while a medic was picking shrapnel three inches from his femoral wasn't exactly the most pleasant experience he ever had, but it was funny in its own way. Vulpesen had grown up with the force. It was a part of him, an inescapable fact of life that had guided and driven him, often times unwillingly, through his chaotic life. Often times he forgot that there were those in the galaxy who were unfamiliar with it. It was a nice reminder that what he was capable was often seen as pure impossibility by others. Calmly, he began to answer, taking care not to let her frustration or his own agony get the better of him. "That my dear, would be the force. It-" He turned as his ears picked up a groan, reminding him of the presence that was slowly ebbing away in the force. "Sorry, one moment." Turning his body, Vulpesen grit his teeth as he dragged himself over to Groleon's body. "Oh no you don't. We didn't come this far for you to check out on us. "We still have a lot to talk about!" Placing a hand over the fallen foe, Vulpesen channeled the force through himself once more, showing a light glow from his palm as the mystical energy started to close the most severe of the wounds, intent on stabilizing him.

"The force exists in all living things."
He said, moving his hand over each wound, carefully ensuring that it stitched together and sealed "Its like a living current that travels throughout the galaxy, around and through its inhabitants. Certain people like myself can manipulate it to do extraordinary things like what you saw. I am a Wilder of Veradune. You may be more familiar with the Galaxy's foremost force sensitives, the Jedi and the Sith."

"Makes our job easy," Garlan chimed in. "Hard to assassinate a guy that can sense lives better than a heartbeat scanner. Especially when he can throw you through a wall by waving his hand. Also capture is a bit easier when you can rough em up and em up." He motioned to Vulpesen's current work as he concentrated on keeping their new prisoner from dying.

G 3 M 1 N 1 G 3 M 1 N 1

Gemini would watch expectantly, her eyes focused on everything before her, still recording his acts as he would perform these miracles before her. He would begin to explain, and when he mentioned the force she would cross referrence the term with her databanks, recieving some information about the religious orders the sith and the Jedi. It was claimed that they were capable of incredible things through the use of this force, it allowed them to wield an ancient plasma bladed weapon style with an amount of efficiency that they were able to deflect blasters. However, the nature of being able to bend physics on this level was a little more esoteric. The files mentioned powers and abilities, but all in the more religious pseudo-cult like attitude of history in retrospect, which made ascertaining their validity so much harder.
But taking a break he would move, and begin to reknit the wounds of the man with a wave of healing which would wash over him like a wave. Gemini would slam on her forensic sensors as he would do so, routing processing power to ensure that she had them working at full bore. Nothing short of astonishing, his heart-rate would lower, his bleeding would lessen, his body was creating cells at an alarming rate in order to repair the damage beyond the levels of supernatural. However, those hands had also just recently been the ones that had launched a wave strong enough to launch men from their feet, shattering bone inside armour, which made her a little less happy about the entire deal. It was a lot of power for a single entity to hold... She would listen to his explanation, which, to her seemed rife with the same kind of religious sentiment cloaked in the language of science.
"How?" She would begin, looking at him in an amount of disbelief. "How do you manipulate it? If it's an energy field there must be something that interracts with it tangibly. Like mass with gravity, or morphic fields with positrons." She was a skeptic, not entirely sure that they were not hiding some form of technology that she could not comprehend, but that was the machine within her talking, saying that the man couldn't be trusted. Gem was on edge, she didn't like this kind of unknown, but she couldn't help but feel something... a memory? Though the image faded with a painful jab to her mind, causing her to bring a hand to her head as she attempted to claw at the phantom images, give them form, make them stay... but something buried them deeper down, and she forgot... replacing them with another memory of a story.
"You know... I remember a story from my childhood. A traveler lost in the snow finds a cabin in the wilderness where an old hunter lives. Freezing to death it knocks on the door of the hunter and asks for warmth, food and shelter. The hunter, who knows little of the world allows the traveler in to sit by the fire. The traveler sits and begins to breathe on their hands, shivering uncontrollably. When the hunter asks them, 'why do you blow on your hands' the traveler replies 'to warm them up.' The hunter thinks it odd, as the fire is feet from him, but goes about making the soup for the two of them. The traveler regails the hunter with tales of the modern world, but the hunter is content in his simple ways, but he is polite and listens to the travelers unbelievable tales. When the soup is ready he passes it to the traveler who proceeds to blow on the hot broth, veritably still boiling in its bowl. 'Why are you blowing on your soup? Its already hot...' The traveler looks and says with a smile 'no, I'm blowing to cool it down.' The hunter looked displeased, taking the bowl from his guest and asking him to leave at the point of his pistol..." Gemini punctuated, somewhat harshly with the key moment of the stories tension.
"When regaling the story to his wife, she asked why he threw the traveler out into the cold, as he'd have surely die. The man simply responded, 'never trust a man who can blow hot and cold with the same breath'..." Gem concluded, moving her good hand contemplatively to her cheek as she would tap her temple, the other arm cradled in the curve of her elbow. She would leave the direct moral of the story hidden, and allow the force user to understand its meaning on his own. Gem didn't have all the answers, only questions and warnings.

Vulpesen Vulpesen

Hearing her try to grapple with the nature of the force, then her tale, Vulpesen would merely smirk as he continued his work. There were answers he did not hold and things he felt he would never know. "Many speak of midichlorians, microscopic organisms that denote force sensitivity when found in high numbers within a being. As for positrons and fields, gravitonic or otherwise," he said with a shrug, "I haven't the faintest clue. Such are questions for people far more versed in the natural sciences than I. I can tell you what it feels like. I can tell you that the force has its own will and guides me as it pleases.... but even I dare not ask its every mechanism."

Her story did leave a bit of an impression on him. He considered himself a fairly trustworthy person, but he had lived a complex life. Things he once held true were now lies. He had fought for both the jedi and the sith before abandoning both. He was a monarch who could be voted from his office. He hated death yet a battlefield was as familiar to him as his home if not more so. Like it or not, he was a man of contradictions. Still, perhaps it was such contradictions that kept him alive. "Vixos' rifle and Harlows repeater are both projectile weapons... but I would not ask them to perform the same function," he said, motioning to his sniper and his machine gun toting captain. "Perhaps there are similarly, different breaths for different purposes. And I've spared and saved the lives of those I didn't particularly trust. The trick is doing it with your weapon close by." Rising up, he motioned for his medics to take over on the stabilized patient. "In any case, lets move on. We can save philosophy for when this place is cleared and we're certain that we aren't gonna get shot again."

G 3 M 1 N 1 G 3 M 1 N 1

The questions seemed to only give room to more questions, theories, nothing that was solid, tangible or touchable, however, as he spoke that there was indeed a better time to discuss such things. It wouldn't take long for the men to find the room in which the prisoners had been held, the run and gun of the remaining bandits was little more than running down the broken fleeing masses. Opening the door, there would only be a single member of her former crew left alive, a formally four armed lupinid creature named Jiji, two of his arms already removed as they were seemingly interrupted from removing the other two. The rest, lay dead and scattered around him.
As Gem would come upon the room, she would fall into despair, dropping to her knees as she would cry out for her companions, cradling Jiji's half lifeless body as she would become inconsolable. Medical attention would be drawn to remaining prisoners and survivors as well as the soldiers who were wounded in the combat. But they had been routed, their leaders killed. It would be later reported that there was a duo of ships which left port, heading for a world called abraxas.
Gem would fall quiet, G3 would take her place as she would recede into the depths of the virtual space in her mind. Looking to Vulpesen and his men hours later.
"I would like to thank you for your aid in our freedom, you and your compliment are exemplary. However, I must depart, it is my mission to hunt down the remaining members of this cartel... Perhaps we will meet again soon. I welcome such an encounter." She would utter nodding to the man and the men around him in turn, but there was work to be done. Eyes glimmering in such a manner that it would look as though tears may shed from them at any moment, however they lacked the capacity to do so. The battles were done, much had been learned and allies had perhaps been met.
The next Day, G3 would begin making her way back, taking a speeder from the bandits in order to return to her ship, priming and setting off on a new phase of her adventures. Leaving news for Jiji to return later if he so wished. Such was often the way of chance meetings sometimes. But if the force were as powerful as the former Jedi said it was, they would meet again.
-exit thread-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom