Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kicking back, you’re not in the army now. (Open Social)

Kei was in a bar, again. This was not him, but recently he’d found himself in a string of bars. Dropping his black tactical pack under his table to join another huge rucksack that was already there, he put his feet on top of it, resting his blaster carbine Kira to one side, only his saber unity remained across his black belted hip.

“I’ll take a clang juice,” No more Corellian whiskey after his meeting catching up with Vulpesen, that man could drink, like [member="Fyor Nayus"].

Sitting back to the wall in the corner, eyes on everything, his natural position to keep alert. As always the large Epicanthx was in forest green fatigues and black boots, now with a brown t-shirt underneath. He looked stressed after his time in the nether, but his face seemed hardened to it. A line of stubble as usual framing his jaw, rough around the edges. Since coming back with Nima, he’d not fallen in to his quarters yet, and all his kit was here. Fallen in, he chuckled, not in the army now Kei!

[member="Kei Amadis"]

"Well well well, look what the cat dragged in", she said entering from the side and find someone she had not seen in ages, not since her days in the Army of Light. She gave Kei a knowing smile and pulled up a seat.

"Water for me please", she ordered as she settled gently on the stool. Stools are good, save the heave out of a chair in her condition. "So what have you been up to Kei since we last saw each other", her last mission for AoL was setting up a series of sat out by Korriban when the sith had power over the planet. She wondered if they are still there and operational. Might be worth looking into.

“Dragged in to comfort and good company,” broad grin, he extended his large hand. Having no idea of who she was in this place, not yet. “Coci” he nodded affirming, “good to see you,” he said sincerely.

What had he been doing, “Fighting Sith,” adding, “ghosts.” He gave a heavy shrug, so he was told, that’s what they were, all the way since Togoria.

To him and the crew they’d been the Sith they were hunting since the start of the AoL, but really they were whatever existed in the nether. Kei had not aged more than six months since she last saw him, time moving very different in the nether since he’d been drawn in at Togoria.

What had he been doing? “Keeping everyone going, alive.” He grinned, that tension was there but he was manging it, taking a drink of the juice as it was brought over. One long six month battle since the last time she saw him, they’d “stopped at Fireman’s station, Yavin, then Tatooine to see to the wounded and take on food, a Jedi, Nima gave me a ride. What about you?”

The crew, all the old ground troops left with him, were on their last legs, his cruiser was in pieces, but he was holding her together. He leaned in, confiding in an old friend, still no idea she was a master, only a friend he trusted, “This place okay? Everyone happy here?”

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Kei Amadis"]

Oh gosh where would one begin to explain what had happened with her over the time since they last met. Yes time is wonky in this galaxy and even more so since the force had been disjointed and the rifts around the galaxy opened.

"Oh", she took a sip of her water. "This place is good, full of good people with the same end in mind", she began with his last question. She took the hand he extended to greet an old friend, but she leaned in for a hug as she is pleased to see Kei alive and well.

"Well since leaving AoL, I joined the Repubs and worked for them for a while, then Master E'ron had decided to split from them and I joined her in creating the Silvers. Much turmoil we faced for this but now things are looking better between the Silvers and the Repubs. We recently lost Master E'ron, she was our grand master, but we have another now. Master [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] has accepted the position, the best person for the job in my opinion", she added for nothing and a healthy dose of bias, to which she blushed slightly.

"I order to help him, I was given the honour of Master of Silver Order. I am master now with a lot of hard work. I got engaged to Master Heavenshield".

"Yes everyone is happy here I think, I hope so anyway. It really is good to see you again".

"Tell me .. have you advanced in your force training? do you have a master or want one for that matter?". She asked.

The rough looking Epicanthx hadn’t been hugged for a long while, returning it firmly in kind. “You built this place.” Happily surprised, taking the fact he had been clueless to her position in his stride! Red clang juice in one hand, the other resting never too far from his hip and weapon, old habits, even here that he had yet to let go.

Nodding strongly, Kei knew exactly, exactly what turmoil Coci would have faced, because he’d had all that too in spades, “Happy to see things settling.” Hopefully that turmoil was behind him too, and people could just let people be, especially other Jedi. “Sorry to hear about your loss, is there a funeral planned?” Sounded like someone he should pay his respects to if nothing else.

Master Thurion, “you’ll have to point him out,” Kei blundering around not knowing who was in charge, was something he was keen to avoid after his slip up here, “Master and engaged.” His grin said all the congratulations he could offer, seemed a lot of his old friends had, had good fortunes. Vulpesen had announced he was engaged too last time they’d met.

About his training, he scratched his chin, “picked things up on mission, had no teacher since leaving the republic and the army.” Kiskla had come with him to the AoL, he was indebted to her for that, but out of contact now he still had a lot to learn about being a Jedi, and “balancing military training with being a Jedi,” he nodded, “not always easy.” Those backgrounds were different, and a challenge, he rarely gave up on a challenge!

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Kei Amadis"]

Coci understood the balance between military life or in her case that of a infiltrator shadow Jedi and training. Time management is paramount and not easy to balance. She nodded her head in understanding.

"So you have been training here and there so to speak. Any skills in the force you lack and wish to train in?", she asked and would offer to help if he required it or wished it of her. "Forgive me for a moment', she suddenly said as she retrieved a datapad and search for his files through the database. From what she could see, there had been an oversight in his promotion but she needed an answer from him regarding further training. She put the datapad down on the bar top.

"Master Heavenshield is the grand master of the Silvers now, he is the boss. The funeral is over but we will still morn but Master E'ron would wish us to move on", she smiled.

Kei, I looked at your bio and rp record, you should have been knighted by now! Do a training thread with me and I will promote you after that if you wish

Kei nodded, as he'd travelled and spent more time in the field, “a way of shielding others.” That was what he wanted most and what his force signature, life experience and everything else about was telling him to learn. The strength in his eyes, and the way he sat, his posture was shouting that out to anyone sensitive to it.

“Don’t know what the technique will be,” he just knew it was going to happen, and on the verge of happening. “Then there is this,” drawing down into himself, like he’d been shown and practiced several times before, the padawan pushed out a sense of release, of tension easing, something he was constantly trying to do for himself, and now for others.

Ease Tension, the technique was there but not strong, not guided. Around them some people sat in the bar more comfortably, but with training and taken to an extreme, he hoped it may diffuse situations before they escalated.

Focusing on others, was his strongest suit as a soldier, but weaker when it came to the force, in combat it had always been about the men and women next to him, his crew, but when it came down to it, you had to act, not shield, and had to risk them. Not anymore, not when he felt he could do something, and learn a way to prevent harm or stop it starting in the first place.

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Kei Amadis"]

A smile formed on her face, she could feel his use of the force and the effect he had began to place over the others in the bar. Everyone seemed to calm somewhat, not that they were upset but the feeling through the force was very notable. She sensed in her as well. Her smiled widened more, thinking that this technique was foreign to her, in fact Coci more than likely would be the cause of tension simply by walking into a room at times.

Ease tension, is not a skill known to her or rather practiced by her, calming herself to a very deep extent yes indeed she can do that in order to fulfill duty as a shadow and have focus second to none. However, she could see the benefit of this skill working opposite to heightened agitation in given situations, to enhance emotions of others in order for them to make mistakes, this could work equally.

But she had not come across a Jedi skilled in this aspect of the force. Hmmmm.

"To the best of my knowledge this is a rare talent you have. A good one especially for aiding people we protect or rather in need of it".

"If this is something you wish to explore further, I might be able to help and maybe I will learn something too", she smiled.

His technique faded soon after it was attempted, he had no way of controlling it. People continued on with no more than a few seconds of uplifting.

Protecting people, “Couldn’t hurt,“ he grinned broadly in agreement. He’d been tense long enough, that the force was either going to give him that, or throw him in a cold bath for a few cycles to shake him up! Life as a Jedi had a way of healing things, a soldier making “peace before anything even starts.” He nodded to her, a heavy shrug following, old Kei would have called it positive pre-emptive action.

Taking his feet of his pack, and sitting up, he was talking to what was his CO... old habits, Jedi Master, better smarten up. Taking a long drink of his juice and placing it down on the table. An old friend, and Master offering to train him, he rubbed his thick hands together placing them on the table firmly.

Only one question

When do we start?,” strong thankful nod given, a new start for him, it would take some getting used to, but he had a guide, and good people around her. A new crew?

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Kei Amadis"]

She noticed his sudden change in demeanour and smiled. "Hey we are old friends, none of the rank and file stuff", she said taking her water up once more. "If I was not pregnant I would be drinking you under the table by now". Oh you have to love Corellians, can't go past a challenge.

"I think we should start as soon as possible, there is never enough time for training", she added. Coci for a moment, thought about where would be best for such training. The Temple is good but one needed a crowd for this skill, to see if their training would be effective.

"We might need to go off world for this, any suggestions?".

Informal, “You got it Coci”, grinning, and relaxing back again, large hands resting behind his head, fingers crossed. “When is the youngling due?”

Drink him under the table? “That’s a bet,” for another day. An Epicanthx had an even worse time backing down from a challenge. Good thing [member="Fyor Nayus"] wasn’t here, he’d drink them under their table, through the floor and into the next room. She probably could drink him under the table, as he rarely drunk, not until this recent string of bars he’d wound up in.

“Yeah, keeps you sharp, strong, and learning.” There was never enough time for training, that was a philosophy he agreed with, he’d spent his old life training most days either with the wildcards, the hard targets, the republic ground forces, the Jedi, or the AoL, there had always been training. If he had his way he’d be doing that till he hung up his boots, saber and rifle.

“Scuttlebutt is you have missions that need people.” Kei scratched his chin, “other than that, I like Mon Cal, have a friend or two there going through rough times.” [member="Taiden Keth"]

Do you want to combine it with a mission? Or make it a master/student thread for these two. I am good either way.

[member="Coci Sinopi"]

[member="Kei Amadis"]

"Mon Cal sounds interesting", she said knitting her brow a little. "We can go see your friend and do some training, how about tomorrow?", she asked.

Coci stood up and prepared to leave, she had grown a little tired as a result of her condition and would need to rest. Taking a last mouthful of her water, she added her farewell for now.

"Kei I must go, I need to rest a little. If you prepare a ship for tomorrow and contact me when you are ready to leave I will come. Take good care my friend .. until tomorrow". She rested her hand on his shoulder and smiled before leaving him to his thoughts.

No missions for Coci, she made a promise she will keep. But that does not mean that when we go to Mon Cal that events turn to something more. ;) If you want start a new thread and away we go!

[[frak late to the party but if possible I'd like to tag along and get this character some involvement. Feeling the flow]]

The large winged Del-Ya came from the world of Shri-Tal and she stood tall before gliding into the hanger bay. Her hoof pounding the ground a little while the cloak was pulled over the flaps of the large wings that gleamed with purple feathers. The muscled form while she moved towards the others getting some looks but her species were known to work the fields making food for millions that the Silver jedi distributed around. They weren't unknown just the rare form with their wings and specialized tooth on their head was rare to see. The flat teeth shining as her voice came out. "Some fruit please."

“No problem Coci, ambiguous statement will be prepped.” His ship might be old, slow and falling to bits, but yeah that was accurate, damn he loved that ship. He gave her a wave goodbye then noticed a newcomer flying in, he’d been around seen plenty of species, but not this one. Kei wasnt subtle, he walked right up.

Stopping up to the bar for a refil of his juice, “miss,” [member="Serana "], Kei greeted her like he would anyone, with a firm grin and a nod. “Another clang juice,” ordering one more from the bartender, he’d not had fresh juice for a few months. “You work or study here?” Better to break the ice and get to know some folk, [member="Serana "].

Passing over a credchit for his juice, he clicked his neck a couple of times rolling his head around, having a way to go before he lost that tension he carried. The last year constantly at ready with no break, had almost added a wrinkle to the ex-soldier's forehead.

[member="Kei Amadis"]

The Del-Ya turned her head letting the mane of hair slightly bounce around as she heard him speaking. Dipping her head more in greeting and to lap at the glass of juice. "I am a student here within the order, one of the few from Shri-Tal on an exchange." She had come from the temple and sisterhood but after waking up there wasn't much she could do unless wanting to remove her tongue to be a silent sister. The shimmer of her horn allowed the robes to bunch up more and keep her wings voered for now while she continued to stand there and leaned her head back getting a credit chit in her teeth paying the bartender. He was just as surprised but a talking, flying horse wasn't the strangest thing on the world she was certain of. "And who are you?"

“Names Amadis, Kei Amadis, just arrived,” he admitted, still getting his bearings, sounds like the other student had too. “Padawan...” Used to calling himself commander, Jedi, general but padawan had been a while. He grinned, nice fit, simple.

He’d seen plenty of creatures on the run or in on backwater holdouts, like you wouldn’t believe, yeah she was new but he took her appearance in his stride. There was a certain kind of grace to the wings of Serana when you took notice.

“Exchange?” Kei asked motioning over to his table, not sure if she sat or stood, but better to share the space at least, “join me.” He offered to carry her juice over to the table with a gesture.

Some company would be a bonus, his ship was a lonely place these days, [member="Fyor Nayus"] still captured in some lab somewhere, [member="Taiden Keth"] recovering from his injuries, [member="Natol'ine"] finding a home at firemane on the rim, and [member="Sera Inkari"]… off being sera, better she do it at a distance these days. Yeah, things were quiet, back like the old days just him and his ship.

"Been here long?"

[member="Serana"]

[[frak I missed the tag]]

[member="Kei Amadis"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

She moved to where indicated and made some space for herself, she was a horse and that meant a lot of size as she nodded to his name. "Kei is a nice name." The table where he had been was a welcome place though while she used the horn and it glowed bringing the drink over for herself. "I haven't been here, I haven't been outside my home system before now but the Silver jedi have been helpful to my people. We couldn't just stay on Shri-Tal and not come to help them."

“Thanks, yeah it’s okay.” Kei’s ego was fond of it too, he chuckled. Sliding back into place, he rested his shoulder over the edge of the booth comfortably, kicking up his boots back on his tactical pack again. “Good people,” Kei agreed happily. “How’d they help?”

Putting the juice to his lips, the vibrant taste started circulating, picking him up. He was feeling the journey, when you finally stopped, after all that running, it hit you head on. He hadn’t just sat and been able to relax, for a hell of a long time.

“Noticed that things are relaxed around here,” he put his juice down, sliding it forward with his fingers to illustrate the point, “could get used to this.” Helping the galaxy one day, kicking back the next, didn’t sound like a bad life for a retired soldier.

@Serana

[member="Kei Amadis"]

"We have local trouble, monsters and dangerous creatures, plus a never ending supply of petty criminals. The silver jedi help police them providing relief to the authorities while also handling if they show up for trouble the original inhabitants of the system. In exchange of course the farmers who have excess stock gladly give them the reserves to give out where they need to. Mutual cooperation and all."

She took another drink and shook her head knocking loose some of the dark hair but also speaking more. "As for it being peaceful that is a benefit, I have not seen many of them just kicking back at their temple by the lake or in the mountains. I know one of the jedi for a time was trying to get stuff built in the old ruins with the Go Nagai to reach some sort of accord but they have been difficult to deal with for all species."

Scratching his stubble, local trouble, Kei being Kei, his protective nature was already running up to tap him on the shoulder to speak, it was instinctive almost. “Anything you need?” What could one Jedi do on his own, compared to what the silvers were already doing, hell he didn’t know but he was offering to do it anyway.

Long drink of the juice, he balanced it on the table edge. “You’re not wrong,” Kei admitted, he could see this place was run with a cool head, and after past events in his life, that meant a lot. Hand finally leaving his stubble, he took out a small pad and typed in the species name, having a read. Kei wasn’t a quick reader but he was having a browse of the wildcards’ last Go Nagai sitrep (report), which took him a while, showing the pad to his companion for her to have a read.

“Dangerous species to approach, not much in our files.” He could have someone look into it, the wildcards being scattered across the galaxy now, left him a few favors he could call in. “What can you tell me about the situation?”

[member="Serana"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom