Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Kennel Masters

Jutrand​
900 ABY​
The manor had come far - his lab had been set up without issue, and most of it had been furnished. His family would trickle in from their projects across the galaxy over the coming months and years, but for now it was up to him to burn a trail through the Empire his brother had created. For his own political power, nothing else would suffice but his supreme control over everything that had been built. Afterall, if his brother owed his life to him - did he not owe him his Empire as well?​
The thought of ruling tickled Drazen, and he cooed into the quiet of the Manor as a decraniated servant poured him another glass of wine. He didn't ordain a reply to them, knowing full and well the decraniated were hopelessly lobotomized of all true culture and sentience. It was the price of doing business on worlds that banned slavery - he could only import 'servants' that didn't have sentience. Perhaps this was a loophole, but what was a Lord to do without servants? Serve himself?​
Insulting.​
" Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner has arrived, Patriarch.", the lobotomite offered in a partially synthesized tone.​
"Good - send him up.", he mused. "And pour another glass of wine for him."​

Relationship Status: It's Complicated

WEARING: xxx
WEAPONS: Ferrum Solus | Blodmåne | Strømafbryder
TAG: Drazen Lutris Drazen Lutris

A newcomer, a brother, family, someone, had arrived claiming a connection to Empyrean, or more so, Maliphant. Gerwald had honestly not thought much of the former slave turned banker and husband of his mistress. The wolf dared to not hold too much of an opinion either way toward the Arkanian as Srina Talon Srina Talon had deemed the man worthy of her unyielding love and devotion. It was not something easily given. It did not mean he would not keep a vigilant and cautious eye on the one she had given her heart to.

Those closest had the ability to hurt and wound the most.

Gerwald would not suffer his mistress to experience such a thing if it was in his power to prevent it.

Theirs was an interesting relationship forged by the life debt he owed. Gerwald often took it further than what Srina had ever asked or demanded, but it was in his nature to do so. The beast never did anything part way, and often overcommitted. His devotion to Naedira Darcrath Naedira Darcrath was a testament to his resolve. Even when others had encouraged him to move on, the wolf held fast to what… who he wanted.

It was his overprotective and loyal nature to those within his circle which prompted his visit to the manor his booted feet now traversed. The halls were cold, something about the place which felt long abandoned and neglected. Gerwald could not quite place what the sensation was that resonated within his chest, but it made him uneasy. He could feel the familiar dampness seeping into his bones which he associated with death, with the Netherworld, that place between where the Nocna Mora often taunted him.

“The master will see you now,” the servant said as they stopped at the door which separated the two individuals for the moment.

Servant, it was a loose term. Gerwald did not like the particular loophole he saw on display. It made the beast within him stir, and no doubt would have seen Naedira’s wolf angry. This was not the Confederacy, but knowing what Empyrean had once been, and the Empress’ stand against the practice, slavery was not permitted. Lobotomized servants were a far cry from an ethical alternative.

He nodded, giving the man respect, even if he would not know how to process it any differently than fear or pain. It pained the wolf to think on it, so he did his best to push the matter aside.

There was a seating area prepared, a place to entertain. That was where Drazen was first cited. Gerwald approached, his eyes glancing down at the wine. What was it with nobility and their preference for fermented grapes? Gerwald had learned to drink it, even if he would never prefer it over something more stout, or the mead he enjoyed on Stewjon.

“You seem to be settling in,” the observation came in the form of a greeting. “You must forgive my apprehension and curiosity. I am so far estranged from my family that if they were to suddenly arrive…”

Gerwald let the sentence trail off to whatever conclusion the man wanted to make. He certainly did not think Drazen had arrived with motives which kept the interests of those who held his leash in mind. Whether it required his involvement as the Emperor’s Wrath or not was yet to be determined.

Last edited:

"You wouldn't know what to do with yourself, being so overcome with joy?", he said with a grin and a dismissive wave, motioning for the man to sit.​
"Come now, what bother's my brother is no business of mine. He will visit in time, I'm sure of it. Besides, I came to speak with you - Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner !", he beamed as he leaned forward, conspiratorially.​
"Wrath of the Emperor, Hound of the Sith, The Lecherous Wolf himself. I've heard much about you and your various titles - only some of which I made up. Most importantly here, I want to discover who you are - what drives you, in turn I think we can help one another. Your position carries much weight, much freedom within and without the Empire; and I will soon be greatly important to the functioning of what my Brother has built."​
"It seem only fitting we work together, Wrath."​

“If only that were the case,” Gerwald chuckled. “It would mean that I have forgiven their sins.”

The wolf sipped the wine. It would have been rude of him to simply stare at it. He did not smell anything which should concern him as far as a poison or toxin that would render him dead or immobile. No, this did not seem like the kind of subterfuge this one would play at. He knew the wiley ways of assassins, and this one seemed too ambitious to kill with such subtlety. This one would kill to make a statement.

“If you were hoping to find that I am a profound beast that is driven by anything other than what is natural to a wolf, you will be disappointed.”

There was another laugh which escaped the wolf’s lips. He was playing to the man’s ego with titles, all which were correct, but did not feed him in the way it did other Sith. Gerwald was Sith, but he also was not. His journey to the Sith Order had come from a place of not having another place in the galaxy to call home. Yes, he had followed those from the Confederacy, but he had not remained confined to their corner of wild space.

Whether he liked to admit it or not, his promises kept him active on the galactic stage. It had not simply been enough to see Naedira brought back, but now he was her anchor. His duty was to protect her, his oath was to ensure his loyalty to Srina Talon, and his banner was that of an Emperor who had once been a friend to the Confederacy.

Another wanted to work with him. To what end, however? Did he wish his brother’s throne, or was it something else he wished to see?

“A man of import, and seemingly overnight? I suppose I should hear you out at least. Though, I cannot imagine why you think my position carries any weight. I do not have the influence you credit me for.”

"A Wrath can operate without oversight - and that is where you are strong. If you deigned it necessary to kill someone, would it not be your right to do so?", he beamed, a vulpine look in his eye.​
"I've come to support what my brother has built, capitalize it of course - but to build upon it so that none can overcome. The first steps in that process is simple; I take a world for my own strength. Terminus, more specifically, I have eyes on it for its strategic position."​
"And as you said, I need a pack. What better pack can one have than a wolf? A wolf without a leash, more succinctly. Gerwald, I'll be direct, there are five Sith lords vying for control of Terminus, and I would ask you to kill them for treason and sedition. No doubt you'll find evidence of such, its practically a given - but I will fill that power vacuum. When I have, I will become one of the more powerful members of the Assembly - and in turn, will owe you much of my allegiance and credit."​
"Perhaps I could steer our war machine towards Stewjon - or at the very least, ensure we expand our dominion over the local worlds."​

So, this meeting was about a favor for a favor. In the very least it was turning that way. Naturally others viewed Gerwald as being more powerful than what the wolf deemed himself to be. He did carry the arrogance many of the other Sith drowned in. If there was anything to be said, Gerwald underestimated himself far too much. Yes, he knew when he was stronger than someone in battle, and did not deny his prowess in that regard. He simply denied that he was as powerful as he was outside of that arena.

The wolf carried more authority than he knew. More people inclined their ear to his voice than he recognized. Drazen seemed to understand something about Empyrean’s Wrath that the beast did not.

There was on grave mistake however.

Gerwald was not for sale.

“So you say. You will forgive me if I am cautious. There are more that wish to see your brother dead. This current version of him even more so.”

It was a fact, and Gerwald was not going to deal in wild speculation. Drazen certainly knew the throne his brother sat on brought with it all kinds of internal threats. It was the power hungry which proved to be more of a nuisance than those who simply opposed the Sith in whatever form they took.

He sipped the wine again.

“I do not need you to direct the war machine toward Stewjon. I could simply take it for myself were my presence on Jutraand not required often. However, these other Sith wishing to take such a strategic location… aside from opposing you, what reason would I have for wanting them dead?”

Gerwald was learning the game. He did not so easily agree to alliances, especially from those he trusted less than did not. Perhaps doing him a favor would allow Gerwald a better chance to observe Drazen better. Though, the wolf also wished to speak to Srina Talon Srina Talon about her thoughts on the prodigal brother.

Drazen sucked on his teeth, sharp and quick before he shook his head;​
"Every Sith in this Empire wants to kill and supersede the already killed Emperor that is my brother. He himself fosters that very sentiment among his flock - the good Shepard that he is.", Drazen retorted.​
"If you spent every waking moment killing and maiming everyone committing such a thought crime you'd might as well kill everyone. Crash and burn it all.", he said with a whimsical flick of his wrist, dismissing the concept as though juvenile.​
"The reality is Gerwald,", Drazen said with a more bored expression as he set his attention back on the wolf, "For what purpose do any of us kill strangers? Ideological, materially, or emotional reasons. I've given you both ideological and materially reasons for their death; do you need an emotional one to make murder more appetizing?"​
"Fine then - they called your mother a stray and your dad a mutt. Kill them for that if you so wish.", he said dismissively once more, taking a moment to drink his wine.​
"Tell me instead, what do you want if not your homeworld? What does a Sith of your caliber have ambition for?"​

Drazen wanted to know what Gerwald wanted. Was it a test? Did the white haired man in front of him wish to know what the wolf’s ambitions were. In truth Gerwald had not often thought about what it was that he wanted now. A decade of his life had been spent finding every way he could to keep his promise to Naedira. His life was now spent fulfilling a debt he owed to Srina twice over. Every title and position the wolf had ever possessed had never been one he had sought. Gerwald simply found himself rising by being faithful…

…by doing his duty.

Drazen was like most Sith it seemed. He did not believe in duty, but rather he was driven by ambition.

He shrugged. At least he understood the point. Gerwald killed strangers on demand more times over. The only difference was Drazen did not hold Gerwald’s leash. This was why it seemed to be a favor for a favor, or as Drazen put it, a world for a world.

“I want Stewjon. They already favor me there. I have not been able to call it home since I left with the Knights Obsidian as a squire. One day perhaps I will call it home again. Your brother and his wife have rewarded my loyalty with anything far more lavish than what my mate or I require.”

Drazen did not need these details, no, what he needed to hear was that Gerwald was not for sale. As long as he was unknown, the wolf would assume that Empyrean’s brother was as interested in the throne as most Sith in his position.

“I can kill them… I will. You can simply be in my debt for the time being.”

If there was one thing Gerwald knew, it was that he would rather have people owing him. The wolf had made many promises when he was young. Like a fool he would end statements of intent with the words “I promise,” in order to make the recipient confident that he was reliable. Duty, time, and leadership, taught Gerwald that he could not keep all of his promises, so now he made as few as possible. There were only two or three he could think of by name that would be able to pull a promise from the wolf. His most recent promise was the most sacrificial.
Perhaps he would tell Drazen one day about the one thing he wanted that he could no longer pursue. Naedira has made him promise not to seek out the Mountain. In fact she made him promise not to go near him again. The wolf was more powerful now. He would not fall to the Mountain, not as he did when he was nothing but a Knight. Still, his word was his bond, a promise to Naedira was more than that.

“Tell me more about these Sith you want dead. Does it need to be quiet or do you just need them out of your way?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom