Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kahlil Feedback: Noble Edition

Usually I do these like, once a month because I love getting pats on the back and constructive criticism. Been slacking on that, which is my own fault. But hey, now I hit 3k so why not start it up again! First time I've done that since [redacted] did like six years ago, which should say a lot about how often I just swap around characters. What do you like about him, what don't you like about him. Complaints about me killing him and then bringing him back. Whatever you want! I'm here for it.

giphy.webp

Well, you know my thoughts about the character, but still wanted to show some support and add stuff xD

I've always really enjoyed writing with him, and his dynamic with Valery is my favorite thing to write on the site. But it has also gotten even better recently, after his return from being 'dead'. I think it's partially because he is a lot more involved with other characters than he used to be, so there's way more to him, and way more routes for different stories. From things that spark with our Padawans to the private threads we already wanted to do and more.

I also think that his backstory adds a lot to story potential, and you're exploring it a lot now, both with me and others. So my big suggestion is to keep that up :D Keep writing him with other Jedi as the teacher/leader he has become, and develop his story even more.

Of course, still post to me or I'll be coming for you
933347002417303624.webp

So, normally I hate arcs that bring dead characters to life. Mostly because it snowballs into the belief that death holds no threat over characters or does not influence development of legacy characters.

This is the main reason I have not brought back Yuroic, since I believe it would undo the story originally told in threads.

However, for now from what I can see there has not really been a consequence of "dying" for Kahlil, a lasting mark that might be influential. This comes from someone not stalking every threat though so I could be wrong and if I am feel free to put me in my place.

A bit late but now is better than never.

When you first killed Kahlil I was quite disappointed you were suddenly killing him off, considering the amount of potential the character has. Although, when you brought him back in a way that made sense I was more than happy for you to give him another crack. In my eyes, I've always loved how you've built him up from a person who didn't know where they belonged to a person who now has a purpose. Even after his revival, you have kept to that same style.

He's made such an impact that even after the short time he was Silas's paddy you still managed to leave a lasting legacy for Silas to develop and continue. It may have ended the way we didn't want it to end, but trust me I very much enjoyed writing with you as Kahlil at that time.

I won't forget the laid back Kahlil with a caff anytime soon.

The only thing I can say is if you're thinking of switching characters for a short time then think of a temporary stopping point to come back to when you're ready to come back. Not only will it prevent any headaches for when you return but stop any confusion with the other writers that may be doing a thread with you at the time.

Keep up the brilliant work dude, I'm curious to see what you create next alongside the sithspawn experiments you're doing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom