Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just trying to have a decent drink

Vulpesen kept a steady eye on the bounty hunter, and would have busted out laughing as her hair lit on fire, but he had other matters to deal with. As her hand went to her belt, Vulpesen lifted his hand from his drink. She seemed to have forgotten one thing. Vulpesen was in fact, a jedi, and therefore a force sensitive. Before the detonator was fully out of her belt, Vulpesen used a quick force yank, to shoot the device into his palm, relying on the fact that it would be impossible for the woman to exercise a full grip with much of the device's body being covered by the pouch. "Sorry Miss, but you lose." Vulpesen sat up and helped @[member="Vargent Nordii"] off her stool, just in case. He then walked to the hunter, his fingers itching on his saber as he carefully rendered the detonator useless. "If you don't mind, I'd like to see those holocrons myself." It didn't matter how good she was, unless she wanted every member in this bar to pummel her for blowing up their friends, her best bet was to do as he suggested since a blaster bolt would be easily deflected if she tried the aggressive route. @Aela Kellov

(OCC: Sorry did not see that before I made the ther post. Damn pm's being down.)
Still waiting for him to answer, Aela looked back to where the Jedi were and saw they were onto it. One of them must've overheard about the explosive. Well that would certianly put a dent in things. She thought back and began to think that one of them might have seen her do it too. When she'd gotten up to talk with the tattooed man her one hand had slipped under the girl padawan's stool without her knowing, of at least she belived to, and placed the explosive there. It was a small one, but one with enough force to certianly blow the girl out of her seat and possible damange the boy padawan as well. In any case they were likely to find it, a small explosive abount the size of button, on the bottom.

Needing to make a move now she stood and said "Fine, that's the way you want to be, go ahead." after he refused to belive her or leave with her. She took her helemt in one hand and said "

But then came what he'd said about setting her hair on fire. Before she could ask her locks were a flame, making her scream for a second as she tried to pat them out. She dropped her helmet in the process before finally managing to beat it out. Scorch makrs were left and some of the hair was shorter from it.

"Bastard!" she said to @[member="Morna Imura"] before reaching for the dentonator.

To her shock it flew from her and over to @[member="Vulpesen"]. She watched as the dentonator was runied and he now had his hands ready for his saber as he walked towards her. Aela looked about, seeing no real way out, and, as much as she hated it, she put her hands up in the air.

"Never did like Jedi." she said, looking to him.

@[member="Vargent Nordii"]

I could only smile as I stood up. Walking the few feet over to the Bounty hunter with hair that was, not so nice anymore. I grabbed a few strands as I stood there. "Yes I am a bastard. Parents kill by a Sith thank you. Now that your hair was a true red for a slight moment. I think the Jedi want to have a word with you on setting a bomb under their seats." With the rings that I wore and the woman's hands up I let the little talons on the rings touch her face as I got close to her.

"Might as well give you something." I leaned in and gave her a kiss. backing up from her possible assault on me after that I gave a sheepish wave and walked up to the bar. Ordering another beer. It was always fun to mess with the hard asses of the Galaxy.

@[member="Aela Kellov "](Learn the hard way hun, You said you wanted a drink with me. ;) )

Finally Vulpesen allowed himself to laugh, however cautiously. "Good girl." Distasteful or not, she was still a lady, and thus Vulpesen refrained from putting his hands on her and instead used the force to search out her weapons and disarm her. "Turn and guide me to the ship please." He placed the emitter of his saberstaff on her back. "I'm sure you're aware of Jedi danger sense, so I suggest you not get any ideas. The very last thing I want to do is put a hole in ya." It was true. All Vulpesen wanted was the holocrons and he would in fact hate if it came down to violence. "In case you two don't believe me, feel free to follow." He said, pointing to the fire user and his fellow padawan. He was confident that he had the upper hand, and though @[member="Morna Imura"] made him a bit shifty, he trusted @[member="Vargent Nordii"] to understand his reasons. "By the way, after our business is done, you may retrieve your items and resume with your drink since I've no real problem with you at the moment."
@Aela Kellov

God, now that was funny. Well, the hair on fire part at least. For a moment I stayed behind and flipped my stool over. Turns out she hadn't been bluffing. There indeed was a small device on the seat, though not big enough to kill me in the resulting explosion. I laughed, shaking my head side to side. Most she would have done was bruise me up, piss me off, and get into a fight with two Jedi. Damn, she really lacked logic. Removing the bomb I started to walk over to the three, ignoring the many stares we received.
"Darling, you could have just told us to f*** off. That would have worked much, much better. Oh, and if I had any eyes, I'd be rolling them right about now." I snapped, watching the redhead with my fancy dancy force vision. Okay, it's not that fancy. But hey, beats being completely blind. Turning to my new Jedi friend I opened my mouth to speak. "Flameboy can go. If we lead him to the holocrons he could take them from us if he wanted. Plus, he's helped more then harmed. He seems more interested in his drinks anyway." By now my own lightsaber was in my hand, yet to be ignited.

This day just got more interesting by the second.
@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Morna Imura"] @Aela Kellov

Aela didn't react to when Morna kissed her. She only huffed and watched as he went back to his drinks. When the Jedi frisked her witht he force he's find two blasters, her knife, a few smoke bombs, three more of the compact explovies that were all activated by the same detonator he'd just destroyed, a pair of brass knuckles a smaller knife and finally a brunt picture of a woman holding her daughter under a tree. Her eyes narrowed on the both Jedi before she turned and started walking out of the bar. She stopped and reached down, indicating she was just going for her helmet. She put it on, obivously not wanting others to see her brunt hair, before continuing outside.

"Ships's this way." she grumbled as she lead them, the saber still at her back. "Should let you know now I only have half of them. My partner for the job took the others. DOn't ask me where he is. Didn't really care all that much. Still, I'm sure he'll turn up sooner or later. Idiot can never keep his mouth shut."

She kept glancing back to see that both were keeping an eye on her. As cocky and clever as they thought they were, obvioulsy they were still nervous about any other tricks she might have had up her sleeve. Good that they did. Aela did like her surprises.

@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Vargent Nordii"] @[member="Morna Imura"]

Seeing as the two were intrested in the Holocrons as much as I was, I doubted they were there, but it never hurt to look. I shrugged my shoulders. "How about this Jedi, Since I kind of helped you out there, and saved your ass from being blown up, Why don't I get at least one Holocron from there and I'll be on my merry way?" I wanted to be nice to the Jedi, as much as I was a person to make everyone shifty. I did have a heart. Just it was cold as Ice. Looking up at the girl with slightly burnt hair, I smiled. "Looks like I get other things I may want as well strawberry." I have given her that name already because of the way her hair shined and how I had lit it on fire.

I mean it was better than calling her Lady right?
@[member="Vargent Nordii"], @[member="Vulpesen"], @Aela Kellov

Vulpesen nodded to the information, the information from @Aela Kellov. "If you have his name, we'd appreciate it. By the way, please keep your hands at your side's where I can see them." His tone remained polite. He didn't say it, but he did intend to give the woman some compensation, he was a jedi, not a heartless crook, though those holocrons were rightful property of the Jedi order. As for his lightsaber, he was careful not to prod the woman. She'd had enough indignity and being rude would only aggravate her to doing something stupid. He wanted this to be easy and painless for all parties, however though it wasn't jabbing, Vulpesen did keep the weapon pressed lightly against the back as a reminder that he was in control.

As he hear @[member="Morna Imura"]'s proposal, he answered without looking away from the hunter in front of him. "That depends on what the holocorns contain, but it's likely I will not allow you to have them. Though, I'm likely to give some compensation for being an overall good person through this." His reckless regard to his waller was not unwarranted, after all, much of the money he had came from muggers he'd taken down on the street earlier that night. It was something of a recreational hobby when he was short on cash and on a planet with a rough side of town.

"Vargent, would you please keep an eye on our friend here?" He asked, pointing to Morna who he then resumed speaking to. "It's nothing personal, but we've just met and the last thing I need is for you to be getting smart while I've got this one to deal with." Vulpesen motioned to Aela at the last part of his sentence. "Hopefully after this is all done, we can resume our drinks in merriment." @[member="Vargent Nordii"]

Nodding I kept at the back of the group. If Flameboy was to accompany us, he'd need to be watched. I didn't trust him or the woman. So far the fire user seemed more honest. But people were unpredictable most of the time. Everything he'd done so far could have all been an act, a ruse to gain our trust and acceptation. Being wary and paranoid was my specialty. Just one of the many reasons I didn't have to many friends back home...
As we walked I took inventory of all the weapons we had taken from the redhead. It made me laugh once more, though much quieter this time. She had more bombs on her, likely linked to the same detonator as the first. Had she been successful in using it, all three would have blown, injuring herself as well as me. Unless it had been a multi-use system, with each bomb requiring an individual click... With her record of lousy logic, most of me doubted she had acquired a more advanced system. The bombs were small, made to be spread out and used at once. Or at least that was the best way of using the devices.
"So what's your name strawberry? I'm sure you'd prefer it if we didn't keep using pointless pet names," I said, using Flameboy's 'clever' nickname for the girl. She might think I wasn't paying much attention, due to my questions, laughter, and what not. But that was far from true. Both myself and my companion were taking this seriously, especially myself. Every movement she made was noted, every variation in the tone of her voice. Noticing things was my specialty, what I was known for. If she tried something... well, luck was on our side, not hers.
@[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Vulpesen"] @Aela Kellov

Too bad she was wearing the helmet because Aela was giving all three of them turly burning looks. When the fire user called her strawberry her hands and clinched into a fist but she'd said nothing. When the watching shifts changed and now the little blind Jedi called her that name she turned sharply and looked ready to hit her. Instead she stopped and poked one finger at her.

"Get this stright, kid. The only reason I screwed up is because I hate Jedi! And a few too many made me buzzed enough to want to bow you and your friend up because you were pissing me off. Don't think I'm like this all the time. So don't you even think of calling me strawberry again. Got it?" She didn't even wait for an answer and simply turned back around. "Can't belive I'd prefer the Sith right now over you." she commented.

It was true she'd done more than one deal or job for the Sith in the past. While she didn't like them anymore than Jedi, they knew how to presuade her with credits and jobs that paid well. Better the devil you know and all. At this point she didn't even care. Didn't matter about killing any of them, just getting away before they tried to turn her over to someone. She didn't exaclty have any friends in this system and it was likely someone somewhere on on this system had a beef with her.

@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Vargent Nordii"]

I could only smile as I walked infront of the Blind woman. Clearly Strawberry didn't like the fact that she was taken. Walking up to the side of her so I could speak, I made sure that my voice was heard and I kept my hands out of my pockets. "You know, I use to be one of them. And as much as you would rather be with them now, Later on you will learn to hate them. Just a few months ago the entire Senate building was destroyed on accident while two Sith Lords fought eachother. And a few other buildings. So I will ask once and nicely, What is your name that you would like to be called by?"

I could care less if she gave me an Alias or billy bob joe for all the poodoo in the world. I just wanted to know her name after the little up roar she just had.
@Aela Kellov

It wasn't funny anymore. Not because of the aggression 'strawberry' showed, but simply that the entertainment (and maybe the drink) had worn off. Being mean to the woman was pointless, and only strengthened her hate for my kind. Then again, attempting to be nice had failed earlier as well. Trying to find the proper mix of the two would be difficult. Of course it was likely to late for mending the rift I had created. I could still try, but that would probably only piss her off more. Oh, the woes of lacking social skills. Sarcasm intended.
"I won't refer to you as that pet name again. However, don't think that means I'm frightened of you. That also doesn't mean I'm over confident either. I don't know you, you don't know me. If I knew at least your first name, I could stop treating you like a lost kid looking for her mum. You're a mercenary, a hunter. Something along those lines, right? So I want to attempt to give you some level of respect for what you've done. If you were drunk all the time, then you'd be dead by now. Not killed by myself, but dead. Now I'll shut up, and you'll keep walking towards the ship. Then we'll look over what was stolen, and let you go. No more trouble then need be, alright?" I said, trying to phrase myself correctly.
Aggravating her further was the last thing I wanted to do. Up until she tried to blow me up, I had been attempting to compliment her, show I approved her reaction. That all went downhill, obviously. Social skills are one thing books can't teach a person...
@[member="Aela Kellov "]@[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Vulpesen"]

Aela, obviously ticked, walked near @[member="Morna Imura"] and said "Well looks like there's something I hate more then sith. Former Sith." Given where she was she could've made a move against him but obviosuly didn't. She walked back near @[member="Vargent Nordii"] and stood there for a moment. "Vellok." she suddenly said. "You wanted a name, there you go. All you're getting." With that she started walking towards her ship which was parked among other ships in a landing area that acting more like a garage for the number of smaller ships parked there.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

"Well Miss Vellok, I certainly hope this end's well for all of us." Vulpesen looked at the ships, and found it easy to guess which was hers due to the change in her direction. He held no illusions that the name she had given was real, and he was far from one to pester on such a matter, seeing as he'd been in very similar positions, more than once. Sometimes he had escaped bounties due to the alias that he held, seeing posters with the moniker "Valde", instead of his real name. @[member="Aela Kellov "]@[member="Vargent Nordii"] @[member="Morna Imura"]

Evetually she lead them to her ship, the large custom painted Halo gunship; the only one like it among the rest of the ships. She brought them to the side where the door to the cargo hold was. Once she opened the hold itself was basically empty with the exception of three boxes in the center strapped down. Also within the hold was what was basically a training area, with a set of weights, a target baord and a traning dum set up.

Pointing to the boxes she said "In there." indacting that's where the holocrons were. "Like I said, only got half."

@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Vargent Nordii"]

Vulpesen looked to the box and used his free hand to flip open the lid with the force from the safety of his location behind the bounty hunter. He'd seen many last minute tricks, and he had no intentioned of falling for one of the simple ones. If there were indeed holocrons, Vulpesen would bring the over to himself via the force, if not, then his actions would be dictated depending on what he saw. @[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Vargent Nordii"] @Aela Kellov

I shook my head as clearly the woman was pissed at me I shrugged my shoulders as she walked off to leave me alone again. Regardless. She deserved her hair catchin on fire. And it was kind of funny. Really I jsut like pissing off Bandits and the like. Because really they can't do crap against me. Seeing as how the two Jedi were here as well. I had some sort of form of back up. Though they didn't trust me ether. The feeling was mutual. "At least let me walk away from this with something more than a snicker and a stolen kiss."

@Aela Kellov, @[member="Vulpesen"], @[member="Vargent Nordii"]

"And otherwise leave you deprived? I wouldn't dream of it! I plan on giving you enough compensation to make this worth something. Besides, maybe someday in the future, we may come upon each other again, and I'd hate to be remembered as the on who cheated you." Vulpesen grinned. Of course he couldn't fully trust him, but Vulpesen did have a feeling that this flame user wasn't completely evil. In fact, he seemed fairly neutral and for the most part, a good guy. Though a little rough on the edges once he was messed with. @[member="Morna Imura"]

When @[member="Morna Imura"] mentioned not wanting to leave without a stolen kiss Aela, more out of impulse, walked right over and gave him a good punch with her right-hook. Immediately she backed off and put her hands up, knowing the Jedi would've wanted her to. That was all she wanted to do anyway, give him a black eye as another souvenir he could take. "That was for calling me strawberry." she said. While she had her helmet on, any could tell she was smirking underneath after that comment. She looked back to @[member="Vulpesen"] and @[member="Vargent Nordii"] and said "Look, just take your damn holocrons and get off my ship. Had enough for today as it is."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom