Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just trying to have a decent drink

Nar Shadaa

An armored woman made her way threw the crowds on the small moon in Hutt space after landing her ship. A few Jawas had come up to "inspect" it but a quick flash of the small blaster in her belt scared them off. She shook her head under the helmet she wore, remembering how she ever did like Jawas. Like little hodded rats she'd rather exterminate. It didn't matter. She'd just made another profit off a bounty she collected and felt the need to celebrate in her own way.

Eventually she reached one of the cloest bars and didn't hesitate to walk in. The place looked flithy, had bad music and was full of bad looking people. Perfect. She entered and stoo in the doorway for a moment, seeing everyone else stopp to look as she enterted. She didn't care as she immediatly walked for the bar, some going back to thier conversations while others still watched. She paid no mind to the ones who did as she took a seat.

"What can I get you?" the Rodian bar tender asked.

Before answeing she removed her helemt, revealing her beautiful face with long red hair and dark brown eyes.

She set it to the side and said "One ebla beer."

While she waited for her beer Aela looked back to see some of the patrons still watching her. She fully turned from her seat and stared some of them down, eventually making them look away. By the time she turned back her drink had arrived. Right away she took a long gulp before wiping her lips.

"Hey there, suger pie." a weequay said, sitting next to her.

"Beat it, walnut." she said, not looking at him.

He laughed a little and said "Don't be so mean, angel face. Couldn't help but see you sitting all alone and thought to myself now there's a girl who could use some company."

"Like a need a night sleeping in a tauntaun carcass." she commented.

Suddenly his hand touched her back and rubbed as he said "Come on. I know you know you look like you could use a friend to talk to. Maybe more."

She finally looked at him, eye-to-eye. He gave a sly smile which she returned, making him smile even more. Next thing the weequay knew she grabbed the hand that was touching him and slammed it on the bar before pulling out a knige she had hidden on her boot and driving it into his hand, right into the desk. He screamed as he was pinned to the bar while Aela took another sip of her drink.

"You want to do me a favor?" she asked. "Pay for my drink. Now!" He frantically used his free hand to put credits on the table. "Now take a hike." she said, finally pulling the knife out. As the weequay hled his hand in pain and ran out of the bar Aela looked to the bartender and said "Get me another."

Vulpesen was sitting at the bar, enjoying a small drink of Correllian whiskey. At the young age of seventeen, he was often denied drinks, but after a while he'd learned how to trick certain bartenders to give him what he wished with a combination of Amaran trade skills and Jedi mind tricks. He was about half way through his drink when he saw the nights entertainment begin to unfold before is eyes. Granted, the girl was quite beautiful, but the Weequay was an idiot for not being able to see the cogs in the girls brain, moments before she stabbed his hand. "That wasn't very nice." He said with a drink of his whiskey as the alien left, revealing the boy in the seat next to him. "Generally a slap on the hand works as a hint to get them out of the way." The bold attempts dulled much of the jedi's sympathy, but there was still a part of him that refused to condone the act which wound certainly require some surgery to mend. @Aela Kellov

Aela looked over to who was talking, seeing the kid sitting there. She huffed and said "I asked him nicely." before turning back to how she was sitting. "Like I need adivce from you, kid."

She gulped more beer down while nodding her head a little to the music playing in the bar. Not exaclty her favorite but better than half the music you'd hear anywhere else. She was half finished with her drink when she looked back over to the kid, still where he was. Nosey little twerp should stay out of things he didn't know. Even if he was a little handsome.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen shrugged and took another drink. Sure he was young, but he'd been to this place before. "True, but there are more effective means that don't require a hospital bill. Perhaps grabbing his head and slamming it into the counter. Just as effective, no blood in your drinking area, and it suggests to other men that they should take a hint and a hike should you say no." As he finished his little spiel, he lifted his hand and asked for another round, having already influenced the bartender, it was easy for him to convince him into another glass.

God bartenders could be idiots. How old did they think I was? Twenty? Far off. Fourteen and four months. And yet with a little help from the force I could pass off as a legal adult. Not that I usually wanted or needed to. It was more for entertainment, really. Just to see how many people I could fool. Apparently the Trandoshan up front and Rodian by the counter were both included in that list. This game of mine gets sadder and sadder each time. Though when they figure me out, that's always a relief. Fun as well, if they give chase.
Unfortunately, the latter doesn't happen often.
But sitting up front, drinking cheap alcohol, and watching fights break out was good enough. Even for a semi-blind person. The force was the only way I was able to see, which mostly gave me outlines of objects and people, along with a few more minor details. Like how the knife that got stabbed into a man's hand had a little nick on the side. And how pissed the stabber looked when she did the stabbing. Then again, I had always been good at reading emotions... Ahem, back to the current moment.
"Asking nicely rarely works in places like this. What a shame," I added, turning to the woman next to me. If I could see, I'm pretty sure I would find her attractive. But she was probably older than me, as most people here are. Not that it mattered, I didn't really care for love or relationships. "Though the 'kid' is right, other means would have been just as effective. Of course, you seem like the type to do things quickly, efficiently, and without giving a ship about the consequences as long as they don't affect you..." I continued, taking another sip of my beverage. The kid was someone I vaguely knew. We were both padawans, though I doubt he'd remember me. I wasn't exactly the most social person at the temple. Observing was more of my thing.
@[member="Vulpesen"] @Aela Kellov

Aela groaned when the boy spewed more "words of wisdom" at her, making her roll her eyes before saying "Look, you going to bother me too? I've got no problem doing the same thing to you, kid." she turned back and made a smaller comment of "Maybe I'll cut something off instead." Then she turned when she heard someone else make a comment and saw the girl next to her. "Sheesh, they let them in young now-a-days." she said to herself, seeing how old she look. Then she went on talking about how what she did wasn't right and took a deep breath. She then heard the girl say "without giving a ship" and chukled a little. "I'd have said poodoo if you're that sensitive about it." before sipping more of her beer.

@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Vargent Nordii"]

Frowning slightly I turned away, watching the bartender work. It wasn't that I was sensitive, I was simply not in the habit of spewing out swear words. But I was glad that someone had finally noticed I wasn't exactly old enough to be here. Even gladder that the Rodian hadn't heard her. There were still things to do before I left- or got kicked out. For example watch the scene in front of me unfold, potentially seeing a fellow padawan get maimed for using the wrong words. Just because we were allies didn't mean that I couldn't laugh at him a little. After all, it wasn't me that was threatening him.
"You have me wrong. The son of a queen deserved what he got, there were simply other ways of handling it. With someone like him there would have been no succussful peaceful route- other then giving in to his perverted wishes. Which you obviously wouldn't do, given your reaction. I'm sure you'd prefer someone who's actually worth your time," I replied, facing the woman once more. Though swearing wasn't my norm, I decided to let one slip, just to let her know I wasn't just some innocent kid.
Perhaps the only way to show someone like her that was through violence? Hm, guess I might punch someone if they attempt to flirt with me as well. Of course anyone would likely rather pick her then myself, giving her more attractive features, and more matured age. Then again, they had witnessed her stab a man in the hand... Eh, details, details.
@Aela Kellov

Vulpesen had to give a small smile. The last time he'd taken any real damage in a bar, he'd ended up with a white streak in his hair, something he was beginning to enjoy. However, something told him that whatever she had in mind would be nowhere near as aesthetically pleasing. "If it's all the same to you, I'd much rather stay in one piece." This was becoming more and more fun as the night went on. One of these days, he would likely find himself being flung from a bar in pieces, but he had a feeling that this was not that particular time. The woman seemed tough, but not so much that she'd do any real damage without reason. Vulpesen had seen people kill men for actions such as those of the w\Weequay. In a way, he did have to give @[member="Aela Kellov "]some credit.

As for the second person, Vulpesen was able to recognize her force signature easily. Compared to the rest of this dark place, it was a brilliant light and Vulpesen was certain that it belonged to another jedi. "Seems I'm not the only one who likes to sneak off from the temple." As he looked past Aella to @[member="Vargent Nordii"], he found himself mildly surprised to see a Miralukan. He'd seen her kind before, but they were a somewhat rare kind as he had observed. "So what brings you out of the temple?" He might not have really known who she was, but that didn't mean that he couldn't start a conversation with her.

Nar Shaddaa. A place full of bounty hunters and scum. Though I might have been considered on because of the Tats and the piercings on my face and ear. I was probably the best dressed man here. All up in a three piece suit with a bronzium set of cufflinks. and nice combat boots that were hidden under the pantlegs. I could only smile if someone really wanted to mess with me. They would be in a world full of surprises and pain. I was simply drinking a beer when a Completely armored person walked in. I had a hint that she would be a hand full so I kept my gaze adverted off to the side. Regardless I was right.

Not a few seconds later did the woman in armor slam a knife into the guy's hand. I only smiled and shook my head. If she thought that the simple dagger would have been effective, then I ought to show Her mine. Laced with poison and Sith alchemy they were a deadly pair. Poison that could kill an Adult Rancor in a minute. I doubted that she would want to even scratch the blade against her white skin. Even as I sat there watching everything unfold I watched to see two young people come up and ridicule her actions.

I only shook my head. One thing worse than a Female Bounty hunter that wouldn't take poodoo for your word, was an angry one because you were judging. I had learned this the hard way when a bounty hunter had pulled out twin sabers on me. I remembered the little brawl that I had with the man. I ended up his apprentice, but I got my ass whooped. That was years ago now. Sitting there at the table with my legs propped up and a cheep beer in my hand. I gently rapped my fingers on the glass casing. With the rings that I wore the tapping sounds seemed to echo around me.

I watched as the other girl started to cuss at the bounty hunter. I had had enough of the talk that they had and was tired of it. Walking up I moved past the Blind girl and moved infront of the younger male. I looked at her and raised my beer to the Bounty hunter. "You wouldn't mind If I bought you a drink? No good." I turned around and looked to them and spoke at both people that were harassing her. "Why don't you guys go and get drunk or something, maybe she was just here to get a drink and a guy got in her space? If I was her I would have sent the guy flying out of the door. Move on."

As the two went on and on about how "she should've done it nicer" Aela rubbed her temple and groned more. Didn't these kids have something better do to? The only thing that kept her from taking her blaster out sooner was that they were just kids. Porbablly thier first night out or soemthing and didn't know what kind of trouble they could get into. They looked about that age. Next thing she knew a tattooed man came up and, for once, actually defended her. She perked up a little and looked him over as he spoke.

"Thanks." she said to him. "But I don't need help. I can deal with a couple of punk ki--"

She stopped when she remembered what the boy had said about "temple" and both being out from it. She looked at him and then down to see what he had on his person: a lightsaber. She turned her head and looked to see the girl had one too. Oh just great. Just what she needed here today, when all she wanted was a damn drink.

"Jedi, huh?" she said, sipping down the last of her beer. "Both of you?"

@[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Vargent Nordii"]

I only shook my head as she started to say that she could deal with them. With the way that she was acting she might blow their brains out with a blaster shot to the head. And as She may not want a cloven of Jedi after her I tried to intervene. Her sentence stopped though to ask about the two Jedi. I rolled my eyes as I answered. "Of course, You don't see children in bars unless they are slaves or someone that has the force. How do you think they got in here?" I faked waving a hand and said "These are not the droids you are looking for." The force was a powerful tool and should not be used like a toy.

Much like these Jedi They may have not understood that by now. And I was not going to be the one who was going to teach them different. "I know you don't need help, I just see that you might kill one of them. Not a good way to start off a career." I dug in my pocket for a few credits and paid for the next few drinks for her. I left her alone and walked back to my seat where I would probably be bothered again.

Vulpesen shrugged as @Aela Kellov finally noticed his lightsaber. "I would think that you'd have noticed, then again I suppose I'm not covered up in robes now am I." Despite his first statement, Vulpesen was aware that his black jacket and underage drinking wouldn't have made him a likelycandidate for "pick a jedi from the room." In fact, only a month or two ago he'd been in the same place without being a part of the order.

He turned to @[member="Morna Imura"] looked him up and down. He didn't seem overly strong, but Vulpesen decided to err on the side of caution. "I don't mean any trouble. And as for getting drunk, I'm afraid that if I were to do such a thing, then she'd have to stab a bit more than my hand." Vulpesen very rarely let himself get intoxicated, but on the few times he had, his friends had described him as insufferable and hard as hell to keep alive. The tales were easy to believe has he would spent the next week bruised and occasionally on the run from anyone who remembered him from those drunken nights.

@[member="Vargent Nordii"]

There was no doubt that this newcomer could kick my ass from here to Coruscant. But that didn't stop me from being mildly pissed that people keep taking my meaning wrong. I respected the armored woman, I didn't mean to sound like I was ridiculing her. So letting out a sigh I ignored my fellow padawan's question and turned, facing the three. For a moment I waited to see if the first two were going to respond to the man. Interrupting the female might get me stabbed, and that was something I would not enjoy terribly. My patience was rewarded, and the girl spoke, sounding more and more irritated by the moment. Maybe a restatement and compliment was in order?
"My apologies if my tone was incorrect. I approve of your actions, and have noted to respect you. What I meant was- neve rmind. I spoke incorrectly. If buying you a drink, or paying for the one you have will please you at least partially, I will gladly do so. Oh, and yes, I am a Jedi. Of sorts. The whole peace thing isn't exactly my preferred course of action," I answered.
This was not going well so far. Leaving soon would be best if things did not impprove. Angering a mercenary and powerful force user was not good for anyone's health, especially someone of my position. Quietly I took another gulp of my drink before placing some credits on the counter. The woman might take them, might not. Either was fine with me. All I could focus on was how I had worded myself wrong. I needed to work on that, to better get my messages across.
@[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Vulpesen"] @Aela Kellov

Aela watched as the tattooed man put money down for her before the two Jedi back offed. That went differently then she expected. She turned to see where the man went back to go sit and smriked a little. She ordered another beer before pciking up her helmet and walking over to his table. She put her beer on the table and sat down, putting her helmet nearby as well.

"Not often I see someone shut up two Jedi with words." she said. "Got to admit, not bad. Lot cleaner then what I would've done." She glanced back at the two Jedi before looking back to him. "Feel like coming with me back to my ship?" Before seeing whatever reaction he'd give she explained "Nothing long term. Just for the night. Might even give you a ride if you do a good job."

@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Vargent Nordii"] @[member="Morna Imura"]

Apparently the woman liked my attention. She ignored the two Jedi and walked over to my table. Though I could see her in the side of my vision I didn't directly look at her. She complimented me on how I talked to the two Jedi and then walked off like it was nothing. Really I had done it before and got into a fight with one. Winning against the guy was not so easy as I had first thought, but I'm here aint I? I could hear the thunk of her helmet as she sat it down. Looking up to her and her offer of a night in her ship I smirked.

"Lady, If I may call you that, I came for a simple drink. Only to find out that I smart mouthed two Jedi and got the attention of a Bounty hunter woman who has looks that could kill. I move from star to star with a ship of mine own. So saying that I can get a ride from you if I 'do a good job' will not help your case in sleeping with me." I simply took a drink from my beer and started up again before she could speak. "I believe that you would call it, Playing hard." I changed my face to a smile and gave her a wink before taking a second drink.

Seeing as I was already a man of mystery and wanted for her bed. I was not just going to walk into some ship and get kinky with a woman that I had just started talking to. If she wanted me, she would have to work for it. Let the Games begin.

@Aela Kellov

She smirked at this man. True she was interested to see him in the saddle but there was more to why she was trying to get him out of the bar. She leaned foward and said "Playing hard to get then, huh? Okay. How's this for offer." Aela made sure no one was listening as she said "You see I just collected a bounty on someone very important. A thief who stole a bunch of important holocrons off a Jedi that died in a crash somewhere. I just help to sell off set holocrons to the Sith Emprie. The two over there don't know it yet but the guy I had to help has a big mouth and word travels fast around these parts. But I'm not one for waiting around until they do." she took a swig of her drink before adding "And the fact I have a small explosive planted under the girl's seat." Seeing the look on his face, regardless of what it was, she smiled and said "Sure you won't take me up on my offer now?"

@[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Vargent Nordii"] @[member="Vulpesen"]

Upon @Aella Kellov's leave, he listened to the exchange. He didn't particularly care about details of what would happen after they left the bar, he was simply a person who was curious about sentient interactions. The holocron information sparked surprise in him, which was quickly suppressed but brought back with mention of the bomb. Things had become dangerous and he growled at himself for letting his guard down. Things had become dangerous and deadly, and it wasn't his life that was in peril. That last part was what had him hating himself the most. Despite his inner turmoil, he kept his expression as easy as when she had left. He prayed that the force user wouldn't tell her about the hints that he had been listening, but he looked to his @[member="Vargent Nordii"], using the cover of the bounty hunter's conversation to hide his own words. "We're in trouble, or more specifically, you. Do a force search for danger." He kept his voice low and serious though his face smiled and seemed to be holding jovial conversation. Vulpesen wanted nothing more than to go in and sneak after her to get those holocrons, but he had worse things to worry about. The masters would kill him if he let one of his peers get blown up in a bar at Nar Shadaa. @[member="Morna Imura"]

A bomb? Seemed unlikely. I had been inside long before the woman entered. And while I may be sort of blind, I'm not stupid. Either myself or my peer would have noticed her place the device. Plus, even with her armor she would have been damaged if the explosive went off while she was nearby. Especially with her not wearing her helmet at the moment and all. Her logic was either pathetic, or she was lying. But until I knew the absolute truth, I wouldn't risk it. If she was being honest, and the bomb went off, I would make sure to hunt her down. Blatant disregard for life was troublesome, along with something to be changed.
"We must be sure before we take action. As you likely noticed, we've both been here longer then her. Unless she placed it prior to our arrival, left, then returned, it would be neigh impossible to plant anything under my seat. She could be bluffing, in attempt to get into the pierced one's pants. We also don't know if the holocron information is reliable either. The best course of action would be to cause a minor disruption, make it seem like an accident then check for the explosive. If it's there, we disarm it or get rid of it. If it's not, we call her bluff and leave. A Republic agent should be notified of the possibility of stolen Holocrons, and someone should continue to watch these two. Neither of us are prepared to get in a full out fight with them. Proceed with caution. Oh, and call me Vargent."
Whoever this fellow padawan was, he better be careful. If the armored woman was being honest, then both of us would be hurt in any detonation that occurred. For now I kept acting like me and the boy were having a simple conversation, sliding into the seat next to his. Honing myself into the force, I searched around the bar gently, trying to find anything that stood out. Also I kept listening into the two's conversation, using the always helpful power of Theran Force Listening. Usually it was used to help understand a language one did not know, but it was also used for hearing conversations being held away from yourself. If the two said something, I'd hear it.
Of course, it would probably just be more flirting.
@[member="Vulpesen"] @Aella Kellov @[member="Morna Imura"]

As much as she told me about having a bomb under the person's seat, and having holocrons, I had some doubts. I had watched her, and during this entire time, did I not see her hand go under the seat once. She might have set on under mine since she was so close, but even if she tried to blow me up, I could withstand it. Hell, I had a building fall on me while a bomb the size of her body went off. Jedi could die from a crash, but not very likely. I smiled and shook my head.

"Lady, You look nice, you have the attitude of a prick, and I like that, but you have the wit of a rock. Even if I wanted to help you sell the holocrons to the Sith, I would have stolen them from you, even if we got in the saddle. You think I'll take you?" Pointing with my almost empty bottle to the blind girl I shrugged my shoulders and twisted my head, "I'd even take her over you now. I know just about what she can do, and yet you, are reckless with no consideration. And that my fair lady is why I say, Nope."

I started to lean back in my seat and take another drink then I sat up again. "By the way, Once you hair is not on fire any more, You can give me a second shot." With a snap of my fingers the strands that fell from her head ignited into flame. Seeing as how I had powers to melt Phrik with my own hands, hair was not even close.

@Aela Kellov, @[member="Vargent Nordii"], @Vulpesen

Still waiting for him to answer, Aela looked back to where the Jedi were and saw they were onto it. One of them must've overheard about the explosive. Well that would certianly put a dent in things. She thought back and began to think that one of them might have seen her do it too. When she'd gotten up to talk with the tattooed man her one hand had slipped under the girl padawan's stool without her knowing, of at least she belived to, and placed the explosive there. It was a small one, but one with enough force to certianly blow the girl out of her seat and possible damange the boy padawan as well. In any case they were likely to find it, a small explosive abount the size of button, on the bottom. Needing to make a move now she stood and said

"Well, nevermind then. You had you're chance and blew it." she finihsed by putting on her helemt. "Maybe we'll meet again and try later." she said as she began to exit.

As she left Aela looked back to the two Jedi, still looking, before pulling out the dentonator from a pouch on her belt. Standing at the doorway she had her finger on the button ready to set it off.

She then giggled to herself and said "Blew it."

(OOC: that's just to clarify the explosive and all lol)

@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Morna Imura"] @[member="Vargent Nordii"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom