Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Just Mando Things

Just Mando Things

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

Tags: Venari Krayt Venari Krayt

For the first time in….probably a month, Mattali was somewhat content in her lot in life. Freed from the NIO, having faked her death, and in a somewhat not too bad position with her captor/ benefactor, she was merely trying to make sense of her new station in life. An injuried Venari was still recovering from their…skirmish not too long ago. At current, she sat at a small workbench, looking though her data pad, tinkering with the single weapon she had managed to bring back from her NIO service. The hand blaster pistol wasn’t much, but she did like the idea of something smaller and more compact; maybe concealable even. Unfortunately, Venari’s residence, while nice and cozy, had a strange habit of smelling like a bakery; which was very distracting to the engineer.

After several attempts to focus, Mattali gave up, powering down her data pad, and moving to the try and wait out the smells. It was making her hungry.

Maybe if she talked with Venari for a bit, it’d help take her mind off the whole affair.

JId24PQlJZr31SfOUfVM_tSuqYtlQHtMP_qgJaz4rK5TsGRO2O3O5nD0VQzsgMPy8r0h_4kDF3hme2XNiTINnNpc8At6EBOYNv4BKQwEUVRK8Y6Lz8Yu8xmmV4_aNvmpj06WD2eS2pouiX_yX9cnDSyA6jdGBM3-UNxpPmvnXLhd_CgMAGBJPqIl8w

The wild ride had been over for a time, imperials had left Kestri. Today, Venari had gotten to be a damn fine soldier.

But now that the chaos had ended for now, Venari needed the rest. The Zeltron engineer might have been shocked to find that her captor's home was just like any other, filled with modern amenities yet blessed with a cozy atmosphere and delicious smells.

Venari had told Mattali to go ahead of her, giving the ex-imperial time to take in the home. As the Zeltron fiddled with a design, her foundling captor arrived home.

"Food and drink are in the fridge, just avoid the jug on the bottom shelf.. It is a mead I am making for my father."

Still carrying around the heavy repeater, she sets it down before stretching a bit. Soon taking it to a display rack next to the bed, her heavy steps seemed laboured now, tipping off anyone that something was wrong.

"If anyone asks just say you are my servant, if they don't trust you just send them my way. In truth you can really do what you want, I just don't like putting people on labour ships."

It would be then that the foundling takes off their helmet, revealing the face behind the masked deep voice. While normally the helmet would never come off... She was home, and of need of good rest.

This revealed face would have a squishy look about it, adorned with long dark hair and brown, tired eyes. She messes with her ponytail, soon setting the long silky hair free.

Next was the armor, with ease she removes the exosuit, next taking off her gloves. Each part of battleworn armor drops to the floor with a thud.. All but the helmet which was gently and respectfully placed on the counter. And as this shell was steadily stripped away, Mattali could see minor burns on Venari's flesh thanks to blasters, but the main glaring issue was the nasty looking bruises adorning the foundling's lower legs. The pain had become a burden, but it could have been worse..

Venari winces as she feels at the marks, gritting her teeth. With a sigh she then plops herself lazily on the bed, glancing over at Mattali.

"So what are you building? My mother likes to design weapons, not so much armor but she did make a cloaking set.. It feels like so long ago that I wore it.. Mm.."

AH5YbaPfMqScxw96NJQow1FREhd6rqfOziDKWT04bCuFsQwX-4UsSQztejrfG2zGKJJOhXHJePZEpo18hJaiQ9wWqyRlrT-T8wMPhag2pn8qWMPRROojcw4fVOqwv8mWQ1mBmcTCsW1VvSXAaG_6tDn_fffOGEdtzCgP-pZ57eNyhMG-wKEgPpfGPA

Just Mando Things

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

Finding the woman in the middle of removing her armor, Mattali merely studied the woman's face, taking in her youthful features, before wincing at seeing the state of her legs. Well, that wasn't any good. A small ping of guilt struck at her, and Mattali faltered on what to say. She felt like she needed to go find a medical kit, maybe she would. Poor girl certainly needed some help if nothing else. The Zeltron merely stood there, taking in Venari, and her scared and bruised form. Mattali herself had a few scars, the worst being a stab wound from a lightsaber on her right side, but seeing someone younger than her being so scarred up was a tad of a bother. It was one thing to be living in someones home, but having tried to kill, or at least maim said person and be treated with such kindness was....odd. Her blue hair neatly wrapped into a pony tail, Mattali had to at least try and pay back the kindness in whatever way she could

Arms crossed, Mattali frowned, stepping into the room slowly. "Oh, just taking part my blaster pistol, thinking I might be able to make it smaller, something concealable, maybe like a bracer blaster or something." She stated, moving towards the side of the bed, still looking at Venari's legs. "Want me to get a medical kit? That can't feel too great." She tapped her lip, looking to Venari's legs, then to the woman. "I will say, you're much cuter than I thought. Not a bad thing, just didn't expect to see a Mandalorian and think 'aw'. But, here we are." She managed a soft smile, hoping it wouldn't result in getting something thrown at her. She thought it was a nice thing to say, but could easily be a way to set off a Mando.

lzQ7uczlKzKPNy9posqd2zYu8VsuFIu7DyWcIVUyrAcAcdUH-APFB5Z4n-fqmz5bnZCFJOaNSAvBZ_wipOgRW8IPuPMafQ3tq0Qk58NFY0T66-nXRxHYrcGC76WTcKLkfnxWjyx71ItjWv7RlbDM_RXVmXrlk9RQmKbE0xDtQEp5w3uPNythm58GDA

A rightfully deserved rest was needed, and as she propped up her legs it was time to kick back.It would be then that Mattali answered the question what whatever it was she was doing.

"If you are making it small and easy to hide, why not add some reflec coating to it? I know that smugglers love it, expensive maybe but from what I heard it is well worth the cost. I don't think anyone here would trust you enough to work on a umm small and easily hidden gun, which is fair to be honest. You will need to go offworld most likely, not saying you couldn't get it here, but once they learn that a servant is requesting and or bought such a thing... You can see the issue."

Venari laughs before letting out a sigh as her "servant" asked about a medical kit.

"Huh? No need for that, I can just get myself some ice to put on it once or twice a day. The only real cure to bruising is just to wait it out, and thankfully for now it seems I am not needed anywhere. Sooo I can just simply relax and-"

Wait what did they just call me? A perplexed look adorns the girl's face as she eyes the Zeltron with a raised brow..

"Thank you? I am not too sure how to feel about that, last time I got called that was on Denon... My old mask was rather handy at keeping most of my face hidden, and the old stealth suit I wore fully hid my body."

She chuckles a bit.

"The only time I shed my armor is here at home, my simple attire and a cooking apron.. I might need a new one, perhaps a black one so that I can see the flour better."

Her response seemed to be to try and push the conversation elsewhere, either by habit or intentional.

lcamxIvMHgRNEnriPUCbYJSdXO9pqaVLqSYqqlh_pjjC1vnfqAclG-v51G6DsGbqYRTcPp0Ui5gLyPCAhDeUcxYpekVIR_6N1MRPLlYkLsnPFeeOpJ5df2B6IITYT05y1P4ND20pkixXzqnB0LR1QKghaD-OPA0dHybDaArEzBtJ2onLFq0NXtKzUg

Just Mando Things

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

Mattali snickered, shaking her head. "Assuming I just asked for it, I mean, I like seeing who has it and just swiping it when it's not being used but, got a feeling that might not go too well. Don't want to press my luck. Maybe make it into a self defense weapon, minor stun weapon, or low yield blaster worn on the cuff. We'll see, don't plan on going into arms dealing by any means. I don't mind being a servant I guess, just don't expect me to show my midriff and start pole dancing. That's a Twi'lek thing, and I can't dance. Save us both the embarrassment."

She was a bit surprised, but not entirely so, when Venari waved off her need for medical aid. "Right, got the whole 'tough' act going. I get it." She was used to it, after being in a military unit people always showed up like that trying to be all rough and tough.

She was surprised at the woman's reaction, being that of confusion, which perplexed Mattali just a tad. Women usually loved compliments. Mandos were weird. "Your welcome but...you don't have to feel a certain way about it. It is what it is, you know? Like I'm pink. I don't feel any way about it, it just is what it is. You got a nice build too, but I'll stop embarrassing you. Don't know if that's against Mandalorian Code or something."

It seemed there was a desire to get away from that topic, so Mattali gave a shrug, moving to the foot of the bed and sitting on the footboard. "Well, if you're asking me to sew one, not going to happen, but I can give you some HUD updates or what not. Or tweak your gun, if you trust that, but yea." She wasn't really sure how she could help, or what she'd be doing going forward. This whole thing wasn't an outcome she hadn't planned for.

lzQ7uczlKzKPNy9posqd2zYu8VsuFIu7DyWcIVUyrAcAcdUH-APFB5Z4n-fqmz5bnZCFJOaNSAvBZ_wipOgRW8IPuPMafQ3tq0Qk58NFY0T66-nXRxHYrcGC76WTcKLkfnxWjyx71ItjWv7RlbDM_RXVmXrlk9RQmKbE0xDtQEp5w3uPNythm58GDA

She couldn't help but laugh her head off, this whole conversation had gone downhill so fast, yet she found it hilarious, a warm smile across her face as Venari laughed for a time.

"Hey now, a pole here in my humble home wouldn't be out of place at alllll, and remember that you aren't really my servant. As far as I care you are free, just don't cause trouble around here... A good start would be not assuming things about my people eh?"

The girl's tone was playful, even if it was serious advice.

"What do you mean by build? I can't say I am a super muscle lady, if anything I am just squishy. But hey that is what the exosuit is for eh?"

Venari gets up from her bed, stumbling on over to the freezer to grab an ice pack.

"As for the apron, I can sew things myself actually. I like to work with my hands, crafting things from clay is always fun...Messy sure, but fun."

lcamxIvMHgRNEnriPUCbYJSdXO9pqaVLqSYqqlh_pjjC1vnfqAclG-v51G6DsGbqYRTcPp0Ui5gLyPCAhDeUcxYpekVIR_6N1MRPLlYkLsnPFeeOpJ5df2B6IITYT05y1P4ND20pkixXzqnB0LR1QKghaD-OPA0dHybDaArEzBtJ2onLFq0NXtKzUg

Just Mando Things

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

She shrugged at that, knowing that it was sorta impossible to really work out what a Mandalorian was, or how any of this really worked. “Well if you want to install a pole I could humor you, but I’m not wearing no chain bikini. As for assuming, I honestly don’t know what your people are about. There have been so many groups calling themselves Mandalorians, and none of them do the same thing. I mean, one worshipped the Sith, another tried to make an Empire, another even did this stint of state sponsored terrorism…heck there are ones in the jedi, the Eternal Empire. The NIO even had some. So you’ll have to tell me what it’s all about, because mostly what I know is survival of the fittest mentality and earning your keep. Far as I know in those books, I’ve done neither.” She admitted, at least glad she was free for the time being.

“I mean, maybe I like squishy. I don’t know, you look good is all I’m saying. It’s unassuming, which is good.” She felt like she was unintentionally insulting the woman, and she didn’t know how to navigate this topic anymore.

To her displeasure Venari went to grab herself an ice pack, something Mattali would have done if asked. Then again, Mandalorians gonna Mandalorian, “Well there go my life day ideas.” She mused, gripped the footboard, trying to think how to spend her day here.

"Humor me huh? And a chain bikini sounds awful, wouldn't it pinch at the skin? At the very least the metal would be cold, but I am sure you would know right?"

She gives Mattali a smug grin before tossing them a soda.

"Here have a drink, it is a special Mandalorian beverage, be sure to shake it up before opening so that the flavours get to mix around."

As for herself, Venari just pours herself a mug of cold water.

"For me, being a Mandalorian is about family and battle. I grew up without family, without guidance. Only recently I have found a home here, I am what we call a foundling. My father, Kragr. Had rescued me from slavers on Denon, I followed his trail to here. I worked with Mandalorians in the past, so I knew about foundlings and some bits about the culture. I offered myself and my skills so that I could have guidance and a family, never in all my twenty two years have I ever been this happy. Even those not of my clan I treat as family, we are all brothers and sisters that follow the same ways. Doesn't matter what race you are, what skin color you are... We are Vode an, meaning brothers all. It is easy to form a close bond with those that watch my back, even more so when they adore my baked goods."

Venari smiles, her tone filled with energy as she proudly spoke about her new family.

"Huh? You like my body..? Are you flirting with me?"

She clears her throat, scratching at the back of her head.

"Life day ideas? What?"

Just Mando Things

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

She let out a small groan at the mention of chain mail bikinis. “Don’t even get me started. Every guy that wanted to date me asked me about them. Just ugh. No, I wouldn't know about it, I've never worn, nor intend to wear them.” Her cheeks turned a strange purple tint, indicating that might not have been true. Not that she was about to open up about such an affair.

Nearly dropping the soda thrown her way, Mattali fumbled with it, but assumed that was probably as close to shaken up as she could get, before opening it up. "Thanks, I'm sure it'll be interesting." She mused, before taking a sip, and hummed to herself on it. It wasn't horrible. Though she listened intently to Venari describe things to her, pondering the matter to herself. It didn't sound horrible, certainly not, but was this a system she could tie herself into? Possibly. Maybe. Only time would tell, but at current this Mandalorian thing didn't sound too bad.

"I had something like that before, on Zeltros before the government killed them all. Good group. Least you have your friends with you. Rather curious how good your baking talents are"
She said sadly, drinking the contents of the can. Venari sounded like a rather sweet girl, simple life just ruined by war.

Of course, she nearly choked on her drink as Venari spoke. Okay, she was 'flirting' sorta. Maybe. "I mean, if you want to take it that way. I just call it like I see it. So..." She shrugs, biting her lip, pondering if this was a bad idea. Maybe it was. Probably was.

"Life day, the Holiday? Give gifts, celebrate life, you know..."
She started, hoping to get onto that topic instead.

Cu3-QRFqB7k1TneheRlNSzKEvZ0uVFXUyi7XDSZ4B_ehtMjkF6Q3--Cl_peuVGoCTLk8l8QuZG8KAF1Grt74SCucJqZ6RZMG9x5YEIGWBbHT_ABdS6ODo811eg1QuPITfxlVuOxAAqyuHpUE0DQK3be4ywBz08LkUzGeUCgNZUy1wrAkkYkYVnSHHQ

Sadly for Venari, her prank didn't work and the soda didn't explode in Mattali's face. On the topic of the bikini, the young Mandalorian simply raises a brow, giving them an "mhmm" type look.

"Well I sure hope it isn't horrible, it is just regular storebought soda! And ya, having all these new people to help me or be there for me is refreshing. I just want to be a good soldier, be the vanguard for those who can't take the hit you know? My new family and home are more precious to me than all the credits in the world, and I will die protecting us all just as they would for me. I.. I am sorry to hear about what happened to you on Zeltros, I wish you luck on finding a new home."

Curious about how good my baking talent is? Time to amaze them then!

"I don't have anything super fresh at the moment, kinda hard to focus on baking when strangers show up in big battleships eh? I think I still have some things in the fridge, what are you looking for? I have sweet things, and I also have a roll filled with cheeses and meats with a fine seasoned sauce... It isn't hot but I can warm it up. I made the bread really flaky and buttery, good to warm the body on this cold planet."
she nearly choked on her drink as Venari spoke.

Their near choking sparked an instant reaction from Venari, almost rushing over to help them, only stopping as they seemed to have it under control.

"Well of course I would take it that way, far as I know calling someone cute and saying their body is nice is indeed flirting."

She chuckles a bit.

"Mm I have never celebrated life day, I know people also celebrate the day of their birth... Uhhh I don't remember when mine was, so I have never celebrated that either."

Pa4Tl-CUEpFT1_Kjrbc-VeSMASS8MypjwenE0xWC4qg6t9nsDkH4sBXWSs36AXOndrE89iRDGdZckm0WadWk70amKdDDGszi4jCVwv-aSKux8JlC4ftUa3kfN-pFnCl3vLzYhpyO9bO-sw5RBM3NTkun3e1Sg7uHH-UbVv8OaJol8lUyFpxWBOeSug

Just Mando Things

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

Giving a small shrug of her shoulders, she managed a smile. "Well, I appreciate it. I really don't know though, life is just....a handful. I'll figure it out. Thanks for not sending me to the labor ship by the way. I don't know if I thanked you enough for that honestly." It was nice to know that people could find something nice and happy in this galaxy. Mattali was still waiting for her own little flicker of happiness. As is, it's fleeting as all hell. Maybe she'd be content eventually. Maybe. "I might stick around, try the Mando life. Assuming that's cool with you."

Here's hoping right?

"Well, I'd love to give it a try eventually, I can be your taste tester. Another role I will gladly take up for the sake of the...Enclave, right? It sounds lovely though, would be happy to try it." That much was true, least she could do was pay back the woman a little.

Nearly having Venari rush over to try and give her help for choking, she tried to wave off the help, before swallowing. "I-I am complimenting you, if I was flirting I can be much more impressive with my word choice." She stumbled over herself in her defense, but hopefully this would never ever come back up again. Ever. "Well, you should try it, giving gifts is nice and what not. Though I can't remember my birthday is either. I just celebrate it every new cycle." She huffed, leaning back as she took another sip from her soda.

Last edited:

1xlyY8OwI7L_l-1i_UU76qYWZMn1gxnbYAFZrHmGr93z-MvxxBSjyDj-eslsigGxccT4eUi_HGKZ4mZ8RgU-Toh_nxcEBhprRg2SwJSbdGgJ3dlDNj8oIrWcha_C5ZlkNPvOdJCo9WYdN0e5yUehWBqy6qbllsHS-3QosTITbjdFtCGSbiCggheriA

No real answer had been given in regards to what Mattali wanted, so Venari just took a plate and added some of everything. Cherry pie, apple pie, biscuits, fresh buttered bread, a warmed up calzone... This hefty plate would be sat right down in front of Mattali, steam came off the non sweets, while the sweets had a nice chill to them. Crusts of the pies soaked in flavor from their insides, fresh gooey sweetness would cling to the fork as sections were taken for bites. Biscuits clung to a warm buttery taste that would bless the mouth of whoever took a bite, flaking as bites were taken from it. Heat radiated off the calzone, once cut into one could see the steaming hot insides that had been packed with goodies, meats, cheeses, and a very flavourful red sauce that helped keep the cheese nice and melted.

"I know what it is like to work on things like a labour ship dear, while some people deserve it not everyone does. So far I don't think you deserved to be on something like that, despite your obvious flirting."

She snickers playfully at Mattali before sliding another drink their way.

"Or as I suppose it is a complement now huh? You have an odd sense of what is a humble complement, would it be a simple complement if I said I thought your face was cute?"

The young baker's smugness grew as they tried to stir up Mattali, ignoring the attempt to move the topic onto life day... But as she thought about it, every day was kind of life day for her, she always gave baked gifts to everyone.

iHio46pFyDCrhhGWI1mFRJfoSwWVhAUCyfZWz3-vBiH9ytG1NjsjLZ2nVOvA2WgWqQn9knNF8iGfIov3LWdQcxmOh8Dm3kzILXrA2vqpbA_Iakx6hpM4x-wRDE9130XIfVPXOoy8wQCihIw7eS4mHptjxbUYpjna7WV6XjR_f4Y1Td1g4WRVp0b20w

Just Mando Things

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

Mattali was in awe as she watched Venari set to start cooking, the Zeltron watching wide eyed as the woman began to bake. She used to watch such things as a child, knowing that she could never afford such lovely things, but would fantasize about how they'd taste. Funny thing was, for all her brooding and adulting, she never went back to collecting such lovely treats. She was too busy, or focused on other things. Now, a 'captive' in this woman's home, she might just have her chance. How strange would that be. She tried not to appear distracted by it, but she very much was. Very much so. Of course, the mention of flirting snapped her out of it, her face now a much more obvious violet. "I was not flirting! I was just complimenting you!" She repeated, but it was rather clear that perhaps, just maybe, her hand had tipped.

She took the drink offered, nodding thanks, as she gave it a light shake, before snapping back to Venari as she continued to tease her, face still violet. "Y-Yes, and it would be a nice compliment. So, thank you." She puffed her cheeks, as she snapped open the can and was promptly sprayed in the face by the carbonated beverage, much to her dismay.

Though the woman's words did make her feel all nice and warm inside. It was rare to be given compliments, even more so when people meant them.

1xlyY8OwI7L_l-1i_UU76qYWZMn1gxnbYAFZrHmGr93z-MvxxBSjyDj-eslsigGxccT4eUi_HGKZ4mZ8RgU-Toh_nxcEBhprRg2SwJSbdGgJ3dlDNj8oIrWcha_C5ZlkNPvOdJCo9WYdN0e5yUehWBqy6qbllsHS-3QosTITbjdFtCGSbiCggheriA

"Aww look at you! Blushing up a storm I see, I don't mind your complements. Perhaps at some point we can test the waters, can't say that I have ever had another woman take interest in me, but I could try it."

Venari chuckles a bit before lazily falling back into her bed, letting out a worn sigh.

"You go ahead and focus on the food, no sense in letting it get cold now right? I suppose feel free to just sleep wherever, I really should rest my legs... That damn gun would have blown them off if it wasn't for my protection, then mother would have been more upset then she already is."

She settles the ice-packs gently upon her legs before laying her head back, not falling asleep yet per say, more so just relaxing.

iHio46pFyDCrhhGWI1mFRJfoSwWVhAUCyfZWz3-vBiH9ytG1NjsjLZ2nVOvA2WgWqQn9knNF8iGfIov3LWdQcxmOh8Dm3kzILXrA2vqpbA_Iakx6hpM4x-wRDE9130XIfVPXOoy8wQCihIw7eS4mHptjxbUYpjna7WV6XjR_f4Y1Td1g4WRVp0b20w

Just Mando Things

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

Now she was just messing with her. Looking for something to clean her face off with, Mattali made several undignified sounds before finding a suitable wipe. She was practically glowing now, muttering to herself, though glanced to Ven as she heard the prospect of floating such an affair. A prospect that bother terrified, and confused Mattali. "Sure...read into my compliment if you want." She muttered, still not willing to admit defeat, but deep down she did find the girl cute. But dating....actual dating...she'd never really done that before. Not really. How did that even work?

Eyeing the freshly made food, she glanced back to Venari, tilting her head. "Well, thank you, really. I do mean it. And I'm sorry about your legs. I..." She hesitated, looking over the freshly made food in something of awe, before glancing back to Venari once she had taken a place back on her bed. "You know, no one's ever made something for me. So...thanks." She tried to say a bit louder, before taking up the meal and eating it happily, unable to stop the pleased sounds that followed in her wake.

"No need to apologize about my legs, I know the risks I run everytime I suit up and head off into battle. And speaking of battles you are very determined to not call it flirting huh?"

Eyes still closed she snickers, yawning soon after.

"Sure, no problem at all. I always love to see people enjoy my work, things mean a lot more to you when you make it with your own two hands after all. And I bake all my goods with love you could say, putting joy and passion into a project will make it bloom."

She stretches a bit before lazily opening her eyes back up for a moment.

"Did you ever get to sell the things I gave you? Should give plenty of credits to get you a ride to other places, if anyone stops you just tell them to come talk to me... Though again I doubt that anyone knows you, most will just see you as a stranger that is poking about and such."

Venari shuffles into her blankets, closing her eyes once again.

Just Mando Things

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

She gave pause to her meal, swallowing one yummy bite to retort back. "If I was to flirt, I would say something like, 'I hope that armor is fire resistant, because you are looking hot' or 'Is it just me, or 'damn girl are you a quasar? Because you got me acting up'. So, yea I'll fight you on that. Not literally though." She hoped that would be enough.

She was wondering about that, making people happy, getting joy from that. She used to feel that way too at one point, right? Maybe? She couldn't remember, didn't remember actually. She...didn't always used to be this jaded though that she recalled. She hoped. Before she knew it, the food was gone, and now she felt empty. Not in the hungry way, but in the 'I crave' sorta way. It was...different for her certainly. "I didn't sell them, no, I...was waiting so I don't have to worry about a team coming out to track me down via the holo. Was going to go off world before that, but I'll need credits first." She sighed as the situation dawned on her. She hardly had any credits, and she couldn't tap into her funds without it being viewed as odd. Least they'd go towards paying for her mother's medical bills if nothing else. She wandered back into the bedroom, peaking through the doorway. "I'd rather not cause you further issues. I've heard of sweeping a girl off her feet before, but you're still recovering from that one." She said with a bit of humor, hoping it wouldn't be taken as an insult.

"Those are... Just downright awful, with lines like those maybe I should put you on a labour ship!"

Venari cackles a bit, rather enjoying the stupid conversation that was going on right now.

"Ohh I see, that makes sense to me. If you need credits I can just give you some to buy transport, if you are indeed trying to just live a better life I can give you the headstart I never had... Sure it won't be a bunch of credits but hey it would be a stepping stone. As far as work goes.. I don't know of anything around here, you should be able to find something out there."

The young foundling groans a bit as they steadily rise up out of the blanket, opening a drawer next to the bed, she digs around for a moment before tossing a small pouch to Mattali.

"Take it, should be enough to get a ride to a place or two. If you are heading on your way, keep an eye out for a less refined looking ship at the port. It isn't a first class type of ride bu it is cheaper, same one I used when I first came here actually."

Just Mando Things

Gear:
Clothing, data pad

If Venari was aiming to fluster the woman, it was working. Mattali stampers over her own counter before giving up. Okay maybe they were bad, but she got her to laugh, so technically she won this exchange.

Though she was very much surprised to hear that Venari was just allowing her to go free just like that, even offering up credits. Before she could get a rejection out for the offered exchange, Mattali narrowly caught the credits thrown her way, and frowned down at them. “Feels a little like cheating, but….I really do appreciate this. I just wish I could pay it back somehow, you’ve been overly kind to me, I don’t feel like I deserve it.” She admitted sadly, crossing her arms. A tad defensive like.

Was…this for real?

"At one point in our lives we all feel like we don't deserve that helping hand, but eventually we all need to just grab hold of that hand. There is no shame in needing help, there is only shame in not pushing through to help yourself. A stepping stone is very different from leeching off someone, perhaps you will repay me one day, perhaps not. To me it doesn't matter, I can get those stamped pieces of metal back any day, but I could never get such an opportune chance lift someone out of the same hole I was in. So don't be sad, all the events that have happened so far have just been a sign for you to take that hand and start that climb, we all fall down but with devotion to what we love we can always climb even higher right?"

She raises a brow, giving Mattali a slight smile. Hardship and failure had taught these very lessons to Venari, all she needed was that helping hand, her father's hand. And now it was Mattali's turn to take Venari's, to join in on that same climb.

"Tsk, I am sounding like a parent now... I am sure you understand what I mean though, and by the way your face is still all lit up."

Venari sticks her tongue out at Mattali in a playful manner, trying to get another reaction out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom